Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 19:12 - Nov 10 with 15920 viewsrafc1984

Dale: Castro Pereira, Cannon, Eastham, McNulty, Tanser, Bennett, Rose, Lund, McDermott, Mendez-Laing, Andrew
Match thread on 08:55 - Nov 11 with 1796 viewsmikehunt

It is a sad reflection but, if you take our "stars" out of the team. We have a less than average squad. They all showed glimmers of talent last season, which gave reasons for optimism,but they can't seem to sustain any of it.
Last night was abject but some recent performances have veered towards that kind of display. Let's hope, as others have opined, that this is our wake-up call.
Up The Dale!!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match thread on 12:12 - Nov 11 with 1621 viewssweetcorn

Wow that was bad.

Lund looked tired and lacklustre and nothing he tried really worked out, wasn't suprised to see him hooked at half time, but he wasnt the worst!

I know rhys has been injured, but christ he was horrendous, he looked a yard behind the pace and thats being kind, if he wants to play midfield he needs to get himself up to speed and quick. Rose also reverted to type after a decent performance saturday and put on a fine display on how to hit the ball out of play for an opposition throwing, add them 3 together and you have our midfield and an explanation of why we played so poor.

As for calvin, theres no doubt he has improved, but we are a much worse team with him in the side, we too often go long and he often cant hold his position through the middle, summed up by keiths shout of "Calvin stay in the f**king middle will you".

Positives for me where the goal keeper, he looked confident on the ball and a little eccentric, opting to chase the ball and make a slide tackle after goin up for a corner rather than getting back to the net summing him up. And mendez-laing, not a lot worked out for him, but his pace and power can cause problems and on the unlikely event we scored last night, it was only really likely to come through him.

Piss poor and hope for an improvement saturday.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread on 12:13 - Nov 11 with 1610 viewssweetcorn

Forgot tanser, won one header all night and didn't complete a pass in that first half, wouldnt have been suprised to see lancashire come on at half time and TK moved out to left back.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread on 12:29 - Nov 11 with 1568 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread on 12:12 - Nov 11 by sweetcorn

Wow that was bad.

Lund looked tired and lacklustre and nothing he tried really worked out, wasn't suprised to see him hooked at half time, but he wasnt the worst!

I know rhys has been injured, but christ he was horrendous, he looked a yard behind the pace and thats being kind, if he wants to play midfield he needs to get himself up to speed and quick. Rose also reverted to type after a decent performance saturday and put on a fine display on how to hit the ball out of play for an opposition throwing, add them 3 together and you have our midfield and an explanation of why we played so poor.

As for calvin, theres no doubt he has improved, but we are a much worse team with him in the side, we too often go long and he often cant hold his position through the middle, summed up by keiths shout of "Calvin stay in the f**king middle will you".

Positives for me where the goal keeper, he looked confident on the ball and a little eccentric, opting to chase the ball and make a slide tackle after goin up for a corner rather than getting back to the net summing him up. And mendez-laing, not a lot worked out for him, but his pace and power can cause problems and on the unlikely event we scored last night, it was only really likely to come through him.

Piss poor and hope for an improvement saturday.

Rhys Bennett is a strange one. I think I am in the minority because he's a player I have never really rated, his lack of awareness and plodding style drive me mad, he is made for lounging in hammocks on Carribean beaches. I might be missing something though because plenty of others seem to rate him.

You want to see players showing improvement and this season quite a few seem to have stagnated, i am sure Hilly is aware though.
Match thread on 12:50 - Nov 11 with 1517 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 12:29 - Nov 11 by TalkingSutty

Rhys Bennett is a strange one. I think I am in the minority because he's a player I have never really rated, his lack of awareness and plodding style drive me mad, he is made for lounging in hammocks on Carribean beaches. I might be missing something though because plenty of others seem to rate him.

You want to see players showing improvement and this season quite a few seem to have stagnated, i am sure Hilly is aware though.

tbf to Rhys, he's been tried in a few positions but he sees himself as a central defender who can play a bit. To ask him to fulfil a midfield role, especially just after returning from a long absence through injury, is hanging him out to dry. It can't have been anything other than an attempt to have him gain match fitness on Keith's part, in a game he suspected we could afford to lose, especially after our FA Cup result and the Bury game to follow.

[Post edited 11 Nov 2015 12:55]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread on 12:58 - Nov 11 with 1484 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread on 12:50 - Nov 11 by D_Alien

tbf to Rhys, he's been tried in a few positions but he sees himself as a central defender who can play a bit. To ask him to fulfil a midfield role, especially just after returning from a long absence through injury, is hanging him out to dry. It can't have been anything other than an attempt to have him gain match fitness on Keith's part, in a game he suspected we could afford to lose, especially after our FA Cup result and the Bury game to follow.

[Post edited 11 Nov 2015 12:55]

I wasn't particularly referring to his performance last night, like you stated he is coming back from injury. It might be my failing memory but I don't recall Rhys ever holding down a position at centre half,i know he has made the odd appearance there. It's not really about the position he plays, it's more about his lack of pace and awareness. There are always players in every squad that you don't really rate and for me it's Rhys Bennet, but like I said, others think he's very good.
Match thread on 13:04 - Nov 11 with 1467 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 12:58 - Nov 11 by TalkingSutty

I wasn't particularly referring to his performance last night, like you stated he is coming back from injury. It might be my failing memory but I don't recall Rhys ever holding down a position at centre half,i know he has made the odd appearance there. It's not really about the position he plays, it's more about his lack of pace and awareness. There are always players in every squad that you don't really rate and for me it's Rhys Bennet, but like I said, others think he's very good.

I was partly responding to Sweetcorn's assertion that "if he wants to play midfield he needs to get himself up to speed and quick" but you're right about his pace and awareness, which is pretty much tied in with him wanting to play centre-back (this came out a couple of years ago now when Hilly insisted he turn out at full-back... or else.)

Put any aspiring centre-back into midfield and you'll get what you got last night. Rhys does have talent but I agree there's something just a bit lacksadaisical about his play. When he had a run in the holding role in front of the back four he did ok at first, then started becoming a liability.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread on 13:18 - Nov 11 with 1428 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread on 13:04 - Nov 11 by D_Alien

I was partly responding to Sweetcorn's assertion that "if he wants to play midfield he needs to get himself up to speed and quick" but you're right about his pace and awareness, which is pretty much tied in with him wanting to play centre-back (this came out a couple of years ago now when Hilly insisted he turn out at full-back... or else.)

Put any aspiring centre-back into midfield and you'll get what you got last night. Rhys does have talent but I agree there's something just a bit lacksadaisical about his play. When he had a run in the holding role in front of the back four he did ok at first, then started becoming a liability.

Didn't he start his career as a forward player during his time at Bolton? He doesn't have the attributes to be a modern day full back and he isn't a midfielder so it would have to be Centre Half and I don't fancy him there. He could be like that Brazilian player, Socrates and just turn up anywhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 13:24 - Nov 11 with 1417 viewsflyerdale

Rhys was one that stood out as having a shocking game amongst others (DMD the worst offender) his passing was atrocious last night. Also a mention on TK getting skinned and out of position most of the time, deffo not a stand in centre half any longer imo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024