Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 19:12 - Nov 10 with 15921 viewsrafc1984

Dale: Castro Pereira, Cannon, Eastham, McNulty, Tanser, Bennett, Rose, Lund, McDermott, Mendez-Laing, Andrew
Match thread on 22:20 - Nov 10 with 2672 views442Dale

We played well against Chesterfield last round, we didn't tonight.

Midfield was where the game was won and lost and Bennett, Rose and Lund all had poor games. It didn't change when Lund went off with McDermott anonymous centrally and out wide - he's gone right off the boil.

Don't know why Andrew started, Alessandra's confidence would have taken a knock there and he looked like that when he came on. Andrew doesn't look totally fit yet and when he's not it's like having a totally different player to the one we saw earlier in the season. Not sure (not so) Big John will be seen again for a while either.

Defensively we looked fine and the keeper is ace.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 22:23 - Nov 10 with 2621 viewsToffeemanc

That performance was frankly embarrassing. Why play one up front and 2 holding midfielders against a league 2 outfit who we should easily be beating?

Players didn't look interested all night. Mendez Laing the only player to carry a threat in the whole team, and in the end he was guilty of holding on to the ball too long and trying to do it all by himself. Calvin and Lewis both had no impact. McDermott was anonymous apart from the odd foul and was blowing out of arse early in the second half as usual. McNulty had a nightmare and Kennedy wasn't much better. Bennett should have been replaced at half time, didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing and was so off the pace it was scary to watch. For every pass he made to a blue shirt he made 3 to a red shirt or got caught in possession. I really hope we have some different players like Allen fit for Saturday because the midfield that played tonight were awful. Lund was the only midfielder battling and trying to influence the game and Hilly decided to sub him at half time. If we play like tonight against Wigan on Saturday we will get seriously embarrassed on live TV.

One thing about tonight's performance it will save me money from next season as I've consciously taken the decision not to attend anymore JPT games. If the players can't be arsed to turn up why should I bother?

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match thread on 22:24 - Nov 10 with 2613 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 21:42 - Nov 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Shit result though.......surely we should have had more about us ,even with a weakened team to beat this lot.

Hilly must have been talking shite when he said he wanted to do well in this comp.

.......and Wigan dicked 'Pool by 4.........great stuff.

I'm sure Hill meant every word he said, but the players he put out simply didn't perform.

In the last round we played superbly against Chesterfield three days after a poor performance against Bradford. Every game is different.

And it's a bit unfair to call Morecambe 'this lot'. They were no mugs and have had some impressive results this season.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread on 22:25 - Nov 10 with 2607 views1907

The worst thing about tonight wasn't the losing, it was the way we lost. You can't even come away from the game feeling aggrieved. We were absolutely awful. These last two months feels like we've gone back in time ten years or so.
Match thread on 22:26 - Nov 10 with 2594 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 21:51 - Nov 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

,,,,,,and we used to diss Donnelly for similar?

And deservedly so.

Match thread on 22:28 - Nov 10 with 2564 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 21:58 - Nov 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Beg to differ just a tad Fitz.......an example,McNulty plays like a cart-horse tonight (lucky not to see Red)....needs to raise his game on Saturday so surely has an influence (wether good or bad) and same for others.........

.........plus crowd go home feeling conned,may give San Spotty a miss and stay on the sofa?

Loads of influences,

McNulty didn't play like a carthorse.

He was booked for a foul on the halfway line. Their player would have been away otherwise.

He gave away a penalty for a foul, like hundreds of others have done over the years.

Hill rightly substituted him as it's more important he's available for Saturday.

Match thread on 22:28 - Nov 10 with 2564 viewsSuddenLad

I honestly think that many managers (KH included) use these games as no more than bounce games, to tinker with ideas, personnel, formations etc., and if we win, all well and good. If we don't - so be it.

Three days from now, it's all forgotten and it's all irrelevant..

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread on 22:28 - Nov 10 with 2562 viewsirisaln

Match thread on 22:08 - Nov 10 by 1907

I'm struggling to think of a sentence that will do that disgusting performance justice.

Honestly.

It was that bad.

AMEN TO THAT !!!!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 22:29 - Nov 10 with 2552 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 21:59 - Nov 10 by Daley_Lama

I thought the defeat in this last season was bad, but that was terrible.

Well played Morecambe, i thought my days of seeing Kevin Ellison celebrate at Spotland were done.

We deserved nowt, the better team won.

Good luck Shrimpers in the next round.

Roll on Sat, different day

Southend play tomorrow.

Match thread on 22:33 - Nov 10 with 2498 viewsDaley_Lama

Does Cannon miss Sat after his yellow? Lost track of where he was up to.

It's sad, but the only positive tonight was some game time for a couple of injured souls.

Oh, and it's ironically nice to hear away fans sing "league one? You're having a laff"

Yes and yes is the obv reply

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread on 22:35 - Nov 10 with 2478 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 22:02 - Nov 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

That's even more galling........clear road to Wembley from a Club willing to take a chance

Clear road to Wembley?

Wigan will take some beating and Barnsley and Fleetwood are both in our division.

It was disappointing and a poor performance, which happens with players at all levels of the game.

Match thread on 22:36 - Nov 10 with 2475 viewsToffeemanc

Match thread on 22:33 - Nov 10 by Daley_Lama

It's sad, but the only positive tonight was some game time for a couple of injured souls.

Oh, and it's ironically nice to hear away fans sing "league one? You're having a laff"

Cannon has already served a suspension for the 5 yellows, he missed the game at Southend.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match thread on 22:38 - Nov 10 with 2453 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread on 22:36 - Nov 10 by Toffeemanc

Cannon has already served a suspension for the 5 yellows, he missed the game at Southend.

Ta.

Match thread on 22:39 - Nov 10 with 2442 viewsrobtheb

Match thread on 22:20 - Nov 10 by 442Dale

We played well against Chesterfield last round, we didn't tonight.

Midfield was where the game was won and lost and Bennett, Rose and Lund all had poor games. It didn't change when Lund went off with McDermott anonymous centrally and out wide - he's gone right off the boil.

Don't know why Andrew started, Alessandra's confidence would have taken a knock there and he looked like that when he came on. Andrew doesn't look totally fit yet and when he's not it's like having a totally different player to the one we saw earlier in the season. Not sure (not so) Big John will be seen again for a while either.

Defensively we looked fine and the keeper is ace.

Agree, our keeper was the best player out there tonight, although I have to question some of his throw out's to his defenders. Some were fine and on target some put them under pressure so the ball was not moving down field the same.

Though Bennett was poor tonight, had no energy. Andrew struggled to get to the headers he normally wins with ease. No outfield player stood out for me.

Overall our passing game was poor and frustrating.

They seemed up for it more than we did.

Play like we did tonight on Saturday, expect a battering!
Match thread on 22:40 - Nov 10 with 2427 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 22:33 - Nov 10 by Daley_Lama

He's on 7 yellows now. He'll be lucky to play in the Christmas fixtures at this rate.

Match thread on 22:41 - Nov 10 with 2422 views442Dale

Match thread on 22:28 - Nov 10 by TVOS1907

McNulty didn't play like a carthorse.

He was booked for a foul on the halfway line. Their player would have been away otherwise.

He gave away a penalty for a foul, like hundreds of others have done over the years.

Hill rightly substituted him as it's more important he's available for Saturday.

Some in the Sandy thought the penalty was a bad decision. McNulty didn't protest.

He was fine apart from that.

Match thread on 22:46 - Nov 10 with 2358 viewsalbert_parkx

Absolute garbage. They all had an off day - so what? Saturday will be different. It can't be any worse can it?
Match thread on 22:47 - Nov 10 with 2343 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread on 22:40 - Nov 10 by TVOS1907

He's on 7 yellows now. He'll be lucky to play in the Christmas fixtures at this rate.

Learning curve for the young un.

Had he walked away from the dying Swan instead of going loco at the possum then the ref would have been more pre-occupied with asking the fallen one if he needed a medic.

Match thread on 23:03 - Nov 10 with 2231 viewsjustanillusion

Match thread on 22:41 - Nov 10 by 442Dale

Some in the Sandy thought the penalty was a bad decision. McNulty didn't protest.

He was fine apart from that.

Penalty seemed from I where was sat a bad call, morecambe player threw himself into McNulty then went to ground like he'd been shot
Match thread on 23:06 - Nov 10 with 2209 views442Dale

Match thread on 23:03 - Nov 10 by justanillusion

Penalty seemed from I where was sat a bad call, morecambe player threw himself into McNulty then went to ground like he'd been shot

Nobody on the pitch seemed too concerned, that's usually a good indication. He did go down easily, but it was still a foul.

Match thread on 23:39 - Nov 10 with 2072 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 22:15 - Nov 10 by dingdangblue

I must admit, out of all the JPT games I haven't gone to ........that was by far the worst.

We've got to have something to remind us, every now and again, of how shit we used to be. The JPT fulfils that purpose.

Must admit, I quite enjoyed not going!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread on 00:39 - Nov 11 with 1943 viewsSandyman

We deserved to lose, Morecambe deserved to win. Dale were abject, Morecambe were most often the better team. Ref had a good game. Castro Pereira thoroughly deserved the MOTM award.
Match thread on 06:33 - Nov 11 with 1802 viewsaleanddale

Congratulations morecambe.. Good luck in the semi final.

Better than us in most if not every department.

We move on to a massive game on Sky on Saturday.

If we needed a kick up the arse then maybe last night was a blessing if we now kick on.

Different game.. We miss Hendo and Allen that's for sure.
Match thread on 07:09 - Nov 11 with 1756 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread on 06:33 - Nov 11 by aleanddale

Congratulations morecambe.. Good luck in the semi final.

Better than us in most if not every department.

We move on to a massive game on Sky on Saturday.

If we needed a kick up the arse then maybe last night was a blessing if we now kick on.

Different game.. We miss Hendo and Allen that's for sure.

To be fair Hendo has been pretty average this season and is yet to reach last seasons heights. Allens been played out of position a bit and I think his game has suffered also as a result.

At the moment we have quite a few key players who are not at their best for one reason or another and you can throw Vincenti into that mix also. Our replacement players are much of a muchness and there isn't a lot to choose between any of them, I think that's a reflection on our budget constraints.

We have quite a few players in the squad who are more than capable of showing flashes of brilliance but they don't do it on a semi- consistent basis, maybe that's why their careers stall and we pick them up as broken toys.

I am also surprised the amount of players we have at the club who are incapable of lasting 90 minutes, we have quite a few who are blowing out of their arses after 60 minutes and it's obvious they don't have the stamina to complete a game. They have been here long enough to improve their fitness so that's no excuse.

At the moment there are not many players who are standing up and enhancing their reputation and looking like their game is actually improving. Our most reliable performer this season has been Josh Lillis. Maybe it's down to injury problems but there is definitely a lack of consistency.
Match thread on 07:55 - Nov 11 with 1645 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread on 07:09 - Nov 11 by TalkingSutty

To be fair Hendo has been pretty average this season and is yet to reach last seasons heights. Allens been played out of position a bit and I think his game has suffered also as a result.

At the moment we have quite a few key players who are not at their best for one reason or another and you can throw Vincenti into that mix also. Our replacement players are much of a muchness and there isn't a lot to choose between any of them, I think that's a reflection on our budget constraints.

We have quite a few players in the squad who are more than capable of showing flashes of brilliance but they don't do it on a semi- consistent basis, maybe that's why their careers stall and we pick them up as broken toys.

I am also surprised the amount of players we have at the club who are incapable of lasting 90 minutes, we have quite a few who are blowing out of their arses after 60 minutes and it's obvious they don't have the stamina to complete a game. They have been here long enough to improve their fitness so that's no excuse.

At the moment there are not many players who are standing up and enhancing their reputation and looking like their game is actually improving. Our most reliable performer this season has been Josh Lillis. Maybe it's down to injury problems but there is definitely a lack of consistency.

I must admit TS that when I read how hard they were working in Majowkah, I did wonder if this might be overkill. I know they had pool time, golf time etc too. They looked extremely fit and sharp early season, but I wonder if they were a tad over-trained for what is a long season ahead. Still, they shouldn't be struggling physically mid November regardless.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024