Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The poor relations!! 17:28 - Dec 6 with 5731 viewsTalkingSutty

We bloody love it don't we? Always looking on ourselves as not really being worthy to eat from the same table, the runt of the litter.

Really we shouldn't expect much more than what we witnessed today, we should be thankful. Don't dare to dream, that's smacked down straight away. The manager loves to pedal this mindset but am I the only one who is sick of hearing about how grateful we should be?

Today's performance smacked of a team baffled by tactical scientific nonsense, negative possession in our defensive third, while the bury defenders filed their nails, participated in a bored yawn and waited for Lancashire to give them a ball to head.

It only needed a high tempo and some fires in their bellies that's all, just a FA Cup performance. Bury didn't break sweat,good luck to them and Flicker won the tactical battle hands down.

We are only Rochdale though so we shouldn't expect much else, we should just be grateful. It's no wonder the players seem lacking in self belief, the poor relations!!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 17:29]
The poor relations!! on 17:37 - Dec 6 with 3945 viewsD_Alien

After hearing what the manager had to say before the game, I decided not to buy a ticket. I watched the game in a pub, enjoyed a couple of beers, saved myself some money and admired the simplicity with which bury despatched us without breaking sweat.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The poor relations!! on 17:41 - Dec 6 with 3900 viewsLondondale

The poor relations!! on 17:37 - Dec 6 by D_Alien

After hearing what the manager had to say before the game, I decided not to buy a ticket. I watched the game in a pub, enjoyed a couple of beers, saved myself some money and admired the simplicity with which bury despatched us without breaking sweat.

What did he have to say D_Alien? Think I missed it.
The poor relations!! on 17:44 - Dec 6 with 3867 viewsstuartcryer

For once I agree with you D Alien we should know not to expect more , we are the paying public ffs Kieth Hill needs to start realising this

wardle blue

The poor relations!! on 17:44 - Dec 6 with 3863 viewsTalkingSutty

The poor relations!! on 17:37 - Dec 6 by D_Alien

Well I sat near some supporters today who have decided they no longer enjoy the games and are going to pick and choose from now on. Just been in the pub and spent 2 hours listening to how crap Rochdale played ( a re- run from the Wigan game) from the locals. Boring football seemed to be the theme.
The poor relations!! on 17:47 - Dec 6 with 3830 views442Dale

The poor relations!! on 17:44 - Dec 6 by TalkingSutty

Well I sat near some supporters today who have decided they no longer enjoy the games and are going to pick and choose from now on. Just been in the pub and spent 2 hours listening to how crap Rochdale played ( a re- run from the Wigan game) from the locals. Boring football seemed to be the theme.

Yet v Port Vale we illustrated how simple it is to go out and go at teams. Contrasting the second half v Vale against today was like watching two different teams.

Nobody expects us to play well all the time, but the tempo has to remain a trait.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The poor relations!! on 18:12 - Dec 6 with 3726 viewsD_Alien

The poor relations!! on 17:41 - Dec 6 by Londondale

What did he have to say D_Alien? Think I missed it.

His mate is a good fit for their clever chairman, reportedly.

But we didn't get the actual text online because the club couldn't be arsed.

Either way, neither could I.

The poor relations!! on 18:18 - Dec 6 with 3674 viewswildie

Whilst not one to post on here much, today I'm making an exception. Today was dire, it wasn't that we played badly but this season can be summed up in one word, "boring". Which is what it's been all season. Being one of those long suffering fans perhaps the last few seasons I've been spoilt with what I've seen. But today is a reflection of the whole season side pass after side pass with no end product by a side devoid of ideas. Every week seems to be a side tinkered on selection and players who cannot settle into the side. I hope it's a transition of players/squad but the no fear energetic football has been gone a while now. Thank God I'm not a season ticket holder because like many others I still want to be entertained, and like many others will be picking the games I attend
The poor relations!! on 18:22 - Dec 6 with 3640 views442Dale

The poor relations!! on 18:12 - Dec 6 by D_Alien

His mate is a good fit for their clever chairman, reportedly.

But we didn't get the actual text online because the club couldn't be arsed.

Either way, neither could I.

The reaction to not getting that interview out to the whole fanbase should be something the club are concerned about.

Login to get fewer ads

The poor relations!! on 18:23 - Dec 6 with 3637 viewsroccydaleian

The poor relations!! on 18:18 - Dec 6 by wildie

Whilst not one to post on here much, today I'm making an exception. Today was dire, it wasn't that we played badly but this season can be summed up in one word, "boring". Which is what it's been all season. Being one of those long suffering fans perhaps the last few seasons I've been spoilt with what I've seen. But today is a reflection of the whole season side pass after side pass with no end product by a side devoid of ideas. Every week seems to be a side tinkered on selection and players who cannot settle into the side. I hope it's a transition of players/squad but the no fear energetic football has been gone a while now. Thank God I'm not a season ticket holder because like many others I still want to be entertained, and like many others will be picking the games I attend

Blimey! It seemeth the beer in the Red Lion has been strong today ... Fair comments though.
The poor relations!! on 18:23 - Dec 6 with 3628 viewsDickydaler

Sorry, Wildie, you can't pick and choose which games are going to be entertaining. You have to suffer like the rest of us!
The poor relations!! on 18:31 - Dec 6 with 3573 viewsjustanillusion

Wildie, fair comment, the absence of ' no fear energetic football' you mention is a salient point to make - its been lacking since Done got flogged to Sheff Utd, yesterday you may have seen Done's Bergkamp style goal he conjured up to win the FA cup tie v Oldham for the Blades, sorely missed that lad !
The poor relations!! on 18:47 - Dec 6 with 3463 viewsMoonyDale

And now you know why I have stopped going, from the top to the bottom the attitude is the same. poor little Rochdale who don't deserve to be here, sick of hearing it and watching it being played out on the pitch....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

The poor relations!! on 18:48 - Dec 6 with 3458 viewsalderleydale

The poor relations!! on 18:31 - Dec 6 by justanillusion

Wildie, fair comment, the absence of ' no fear energetic football' you mention is a salient point to make - its been lacking since Done got flogged to Sheff Utd, yesterday you may have seen Done's Bergkamp style goal he conjured up to win the FA cup tie v Oldham for the Blades, sorely missed that lad !

That's all very true

But why the fook is Hill allowed to try and con fans by saying we have ready made replacements in CA and JB, Non League footballers the pair of them

But whats worse is some on here fookin swallow his bull shit
The poor relations!! on 18:57 - Dec 6 with 3389 viewsscooby

The poor relations!! on 18:47 - Dec 6 by MoonyDale

And now you know why I have stopped going, from the top to the bottom the attitude is the same. poor little Rochdale who don't deserve to be here, sick of hearing it and watching it being played out on the pitch....

You know what? Had i no season ticket, I'd stop going again, but for some reason i bought one this year for first time in 10yrs thinking we might be going for it. How fecking wrong! Wont be renewing.

Would be interesting to see the impact (positive or neg) of the gate cost increase? Not sure it has helped fill our coffers in the way they hoped. Maybe if we were playing football again, the crowd would increase slightly.
The poor relations!! on 18:59 - Dec 6 with 3370 viewsTalkingSutty

In days of old playing with no fear came naturally but then the coaches go on courses, earn their badges and pat each other on the back.

Then they swallow the pill and regurgitate the manuals and we get what we got today. Entertainment is bottom of the priority and if they can confuse what is a simple game then you can bet they will try their best in an attempt to re- invent the wheel.

If these coaching badges are so brill why can't we defend basic set pieces in nearly every game we play? Can the players not follow the plan or are the coaching team to blame? Whoever is to blame needs replacing because doing nothing is hurting us big time, it's been going on too long. Whoever is responsible for coaching the defence is failing, bring somebody in who can sort it out.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 19:05]
The poor relations!! on 19:09 - Dec 6 with 3317 viewsD_Alien

The poor relations!! on 18:59 - Dec 6 by TalkingSutty

In days of old playing with no fear came naturally but then the coaches go on courses, earn their badges and pat each other on the back.

Then they swallow the pill and regurgitate the manuals and we get what we got today. Entertainment is bottom of the priority and if they can confuse what is a simple game then you can bet they will try their best in an attempt to re- invent the wheel.

If these coaching badges are so brill why can't we defend basic set pieces in nearly every game we play? Can the players not follow the plan or are the coaching team to blame? Whoever is to blame needs replacing because doing nothing is hurting us big time, it's been going on too long. Whoever is responsible for coaching the defence is failing, bring somebody in who can sort it out.

On the specific point of defending corners, watching what was happening on t' telly gives a different perspective, including seeing things from several different angles.

What stuck me most was lack of leadership at the back. No-one seemed to have any organising ability, they just kept on doing the same things which the bury players had worked out, probably in advance.

It's as if the opposition study what we do beforehand (Flicker would known anyway) whilst we don't. The damage done could be reduced if someone had the ability, or authority, to change it during the game. Lancashire was our club captain last season; surely someone like him should be able to respond to the attacking intent of the opposition from corners and make some minor changes? But it could be anyone.

The poor relations!! on 19:13 - Dec 6 with 3286 viewssince58

The poor relations!! on 18:59 - Dec 6 by TalkingSutty

weve no money .remember .
The poor relations!! on 19:15 - Dec 6 with 3275 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The poor relations!! on 18:31 - Dec 6 by justanillusion

We have" ready replacements" for Done....... now leave it!

WTF?
The poor relations!! on 19:16 - Dec 6 with 3268 views49thseason

The poor relations!! on 19:09 - Dec 6 by D_Alien

On the specific point of defending corners, watching what was happening on t' telly gives a different perspective, including seeing things from several different angles.

What stuck me most was lack of leadership at the back. No-one seemed to have any organising ability, they just kept on doing the same things which the bury players had worked out, probably in advance.

It's as if the opposition study what we do beforehand (Flicker would known anyway) whilst we don't. The damage done could be reduced if someone had the ability, or authority, to change it during the game. Lancashire was our club captain last season; surely someone like him should be able to respond to the attacking intent of the opposition from corners and make some minor changes? But it could be anyone.

We have the 7th best defensive record in the division. so maybe not as shabby as some try to make out.
The poor relations!! on 19:18 - Dec 6 with 3233 viewsD_Alien

The poor relations!! on 19:16 - Dec 6 by 49thseason

We have the 7th best defensive record in the division. so maybe not as shabby as some try to make out.

That's fine then. Our set piece defending is as good as it'll get.

Thanks.

The poor relations!! on 19:19 - Dec 6 with 3221 views442Dale

The poor relations!! on 19:18 - Dec 6 by D_Alien

That's fine then. Our set piece defending is as good as it'll get.

Thanks.

There's one thing we could try initially though:

Pick the best defenders.

The poor relations!! on 19:20 - Dec 6 with 3206 viewsTalkingSutty

The poor relations!! on 19:13 - Dec 6 by since58

weve no money .remember .

According to Hillys mate neither do bury. Flicker just persuaded all those previous high earners to take big wage cuts and sign for the club, why can't Hilly do that???

Obviously having a bottom four budget doesn't mean you can't sign quality players, somebody somewhere is telling lies!!
The poor relations!! on 19:21 - Dec 6 with 3195 viewssince58

The poor relations!! on 19:19 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

There's one thing we could try initially though:

Pick the best defenders.

have we got any?
The poor relations!! on 19:23 - Dec 6 with 3166 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

The poor relations!! on 19:16 - Dec 6 by 49thseason

However, letting one goal in each of our remaining matches would probably result in at least 15 loses!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

The poor relations!! on 19:25 - Dec 6 with 3140 views442Dale

The poor relations!! on 19:21 - Dec 6 by since58

have we got any?

We have one sat on the bench who had a very good season last time around when the club finished in its highest ever position.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024