Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Europa League 21:34 - Dec 8 with 4800 viewszxcvbnm

for LVG and his team then, oh dear oh dear!

Man City winning their group too!
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 21:36]

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Europa League on 21:46 - Dec 8 with 4765 viewsFondles

That last 15 minutes was the best viewing of football I thinking I have ever seen. Flicking between United / PSV / City / Juve there was a goal or chance every time I switched over.
How's the week going Chaff??
Europa League on 21:53 - Dec 8 with 4739 viewsFondles

Who you want Chaff??
Molde?
Sion?
Krasnodar?
FC Midtjylland?
St Etienne?
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Europa League on 04:49 - Dec 9 with 4579 viewsChaffRAFC

Europa League on 21:53 - Dec 8 by Fondles

Who you want Chaff??
Molde?
Sion?
Krasnodar?
FC Midtjylland?
St Etienne?
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Genuinely don't care. I hate football.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Europa League on 09:18 - Dec 9 with 4476 viewsTalkingSutty

Europa League on 04:49 - Dec 9 by ChaffRAFC

Genuinely don't care. I hate football.

The game hasn't changed, it's the people within it that spoil it. A lot of very greedy people associated with Football theses days and the more they earn the uglier they become. As a supporter the Matchday experience was far better in the darker days than it is today, supporters are treated like mugs these days and I think a lot of us are starting to realise it.

When you listen to lower division football managers referring to each other as 'special people' or 'special human beings' it tells you all you need to know. They wouldn't know what a special human being looked like if it hit them in the face, so they shouldn't abuse the phrase.

Keith Hill has been involved in professional football since he left school, he doesn't know what it's like to really graft for a living so take no notice of his claptrap, 'educating the fans' my arse. Most of us have more life experience in our little finger than the majority of the clowns involved in football,fact.

'Special human beings' are those who lay their life's down for others or life savers or volunteer lifeboat persons, surgeons, Nelson Mandela etc,etc. Not people getting paid bloody good money for what in essence is a privileged job.

Nobody within football ( managers and players) can be classed as a special human being so don't listen to the bullshit, those who spout it don't realise how daft they sound.
Europa League on 10:00 - Dec 9 with 4436 viewsDiddyDave

I think they call it dumbing down,the Yanks are experts at it!!
Europa League on 10:11 - Dec 9 with 4410 viewsTTNYear

Bleeding hell I've seen some attempts to shoe horn a subject into another subject, Talking Sutty, but that takes the biscuit. Well done.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Europa League on 12:13 - Dec 9 with 4308 viewsD_Alien

Europa League on 09:18 - Dec 9 by TalkingSutty

The game hasn't changed, it's the people within it that spoil it. A lot of very greedy people associated with Football theses days and the more they earn the uglier they become. As a supporter the Matchday experience was far better in the darker days than it is today, supporters are treated like mugs these days and I think a lot of us are starting to realise it.

When you listen to lower division football managers referring to each other as 'special people' or 'special human beings' it tells you all you need to know. They wouldn't know what a special human being looked like if it hit them in the face, so they shouldn't abuse the phrase.

Keith Hill has been involved in professional football since he left school, he doesn't know what it's like to really graft for a living so take no notice of his claptrap, 'educating the fans' my arse. Most of us have more life experience in our little finger than the majority of the clowns involved in football,fact.

'Special human beings' are those who lay their life's down for others or life savers or volunteer lifeboat persons, surgeons, Nelson Mandela etc,etc. Not people getting paid bloody good money for what in essence is a privileged job.

Nobody within football ( managers and players) can be classed as a special human being so don't listen to the bullshit, those who spout it don't realise how daft they sound.

I'd agree with every word, except including surgeons as special people. They're highly paid professionals doing an incredibly important job, but at no risk of physical harm to themselves. They're no better than their patients. Some think they are, others don't.

On the wider issue, the way people involved in football regard themselves can be summed up in four letters, FIFA.

[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 12:18]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Europa League on 12:39 - Dec 9 with 4269 viewsSuddenLad

Europa League on 09:18 - Dec 9 by TalkingSutty

Your second sentence sums it up perfectly for me. Long gone are the days where I used to put everything on hold for a matchday. You're spot on about the general matchday experience. Apart from the 90 minutes football, the rest of it amounts to no more than a thankless, expensive chore.

From the objectionable attitude of some stewards, to the grossly over-priced and inferior quality refreshments, to the utterly ridiculous rules that people seem to thrive on enforcing (No chips in 'ere mate !) . Gone is the humour of yesteryear and the feeling of 'belonging'. Everyone seems hell-bent on flexing their muscles.

"You can't come through this gate" says the clown on the gate between the main stand and the Pearl Street. FFS the game's over, I'm trying to go home !!

As for the PA system and the same high-volume dross week in, week out.....

Give me the matchday experience of 20 years ago every time (though in 99% of cases the football was far less enjoyable).

As you also say all this bullsh*t about 'special human beings' is no more than embarrassing claptrap thrown about willy-nilly for the sake of a good sound-bite. It's nauseating.

There may well be the occasional 'special human being' involved in football, but the chances are, that they won't be wearing a team shirt on matchday.

Treat the customer with contempt and ultimately, you'll get what you deserve.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Europa League on 13:30 - Dec 9 with 4206 viewsColDale

Europa League on 12:39 - Dec 9 by SuddenLad

Your second sentence sums it up perfectly for me. Long gone are the days where I used to put everything on hold for a matchday. You're spot on about the general matchday experience. Apart from the 90 minutes football, the rest of it amounts to no more than a thankless, expensive chore.

From the objectionable attitude of some stewards, to the grossly over-priced and inferior quality refreshments, to the utterly ridiculous rules that people seem to thrive on enforcing (No chips in 'ere mate !) . Gone is the humour of yesteryear and the feeling of 'belonging'. Everyone seems hell-bent on flexing their muscles.

"You can't come through this gate" says the clown on the gate between the main stand and the Pearl Street. FFS the game's over, I'm trying to go home !!

As for the PA system and the same high-volume dross week in, week out.....

Give me the matchday experience of 20 years ago every time (though in 99% of cases the football was far less enjoyable).

As you also say all this bullsh*t about 'special human beings' is no more than embarrassing claptrap thrown about willy-nilly for the sake of a good sound-bite. It's nauseating.

There may well be the occasional 'special human being' involved in football, but the chances are, that they won't be wearing a team shirt on matchday.

Treat the customer with contempt and ultimately, you'll get what you deserve.

Think we can get dewy eyed about the old days. I'll always stand when I can, but in the old days we had crumbling terraces , dreadful views, caged into away ends, all treated like criminals by police, away fans banned by certain clubs and God help us if it rained in the Sandy where there was more water than was in the canal at the bottom. I can get as nostalgic as the next man but I'm not having it that it was a better matchday experience in those days than it is now. The rose coloured specs put it down as being more fun but at times it was horrible and that was reflected in the crowds of those days - I bet we average close to three times what we did back then.
Europa League on 14:03 - Dec 9 with 4165 viewsSuddenLad

Europa League on 13:30 - Dec 9 by ColDale

Think we can get dewy eyed about the old days. I'll always stand when I can, but in the old days we had crumbling terraces , dreadful views, caged into away ends, all treated like criminals by police, away fans banned by certain clubs and God help us if it rained in the Sandy where there was more water than was in the canal at the bottom. I can get as nostalgic as the next man but I'm not having it that it was a better matchday experience in those days than it is now. The rose coloured specs put it down as being more fun but at times it was horrible and that was reflected in the crowds of those days - I bet we average close to three times what we did back then.

It's more about the interaction of 'officialdom' and spectators, than crumbling stadia and fences. There were never any fences in front of the Willbutts stand. Those who went into the areas behind the goals chose to do so. There were always options. I don't ever remember the Sandy being caged, or the paddocks in front of the main stand.

It's also about the unjustifiable, appalling catering facilities and the 'like it or lump it' attitude. One day, the pies may actually be HOT. Who knows, the caterers may eventually have for sale some of the things they advertise on the boards.

Telling people to put phones away because they aren't allowed to take photographs, having handbags searched on entry week after week, making your way to the exits as the 'time added on' board goes up and some half-wit telling you 'move away from those yelllow lines, you can't stand there' - as you briefly pause to watch a corner being taken.

As you say, crowds may well have increased, but don't kid me that it's more enjoyable as an overall experience from the customers' point of view (football apart). It isn't.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Europa League on 14:04 - Dec 9 with 4159 viewsTalkingSutty

Europa League on 10:11 - Dec 9 by TTNYear

Bleeding hell I've seen some attempts to shoe horn a subject into another subject, Talking Sutty, but that takes the biscuit. Well done.

Just trying to explain a few things that people dislike about modern day football, mine is the a lot of the characters who make their living from the game and still have the audacity to portray themselves as downtrodden.

Rochdale FC might only be a little fish but being employed as manager for 6 or 7 years they can pay a individual enough to set himself and his family up for life. It's a good gig being the manager of Rochdale and well rewarded, it should be respected not viewed as a chore. A bit sick of us playing up to the 'poor relations' tag.
Europa League on 14:08 - Dec 9 with 4156 viewsShun

Double.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 14:12]
Europa League on 14:11 - Dec 9 with 4147 viewsShun

Europa League on 12:13 - Dec 9 by D_Alien

I'd agree with every word, except including surgeons as special people. They're highly paid professionals doing an incredibly important job, but at no risk of physical harm to themselves. They're no better than their patients. Some think they are, others don't.

On the wider issue, the way people involved in football regard themselves can be summed up in four letters, FIFA.

[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 12:18]

"Some think they are" - I've lost count of the amount of this type I've met!
Europa League on 16:25 - Dec 9 with 4065 viewsTTNYear

Europa League on 14:04 - Dec 9 by TalkingSutty

Just trying to explain a few things that people dislike about modern day football, mine is the a lot of the characters who make their living from the game and still have the audacity to portray themselves as downtrodden.

Rochdale FC might only be a little fish but being employed as manager for 6 or 7 years they can pay a individual enough to set himself and his family up for life. It's a good gig being the manager of Rochdale and well rewarded, it should be respected not viewed as a chore. A bit sick of us playing up to the 'poor relations' tag.

Chaff says 'I genuinely don't care. I hate football' and that leads to some spurious link to modern football and how Keith Hill is, and I am exaggerating for effect here, part of some of the 'modern poison' afflicting our game.

Now I am talking for Chaff somewhat, and can have a good stab at how young Chaff is feeling. I guess that he's probably feeling a touch low about 2 result in close succession within two days, that effect two teams which he obviously cares for (although one of them, personally I think can go and get fooked). Not that he's disillusioned with our current manager and the rhetoric spewed to feed the media hungry hordes.

Of course I might be wrong, and your 'shoe horning' is spot on*

* I doubt it

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Europa League on 16:31 - Dec 9 with 4051 viewsD_Alien

Europa League on 14:04 - Dec 9 by TalkingSutty

On the basis of some simple, rule-of-thumb maths:

National average wage @ £25k x 40 years in work = £1m earnings

Manager of Rochdale wage @ £150k* x 7 years in work = £1.05m earnings

* guesstimate, but can't be too far out.

Of course, the rate at which income tax will be paid on the higher earnings will be significantly higher but even so, the comparison is stark; and this doesn't take into account the earnings at higher than the national average wage over 10-15 years playing the game in the lower leagues.

Conclusion: a good lower league football manager at a club like Rochdale is being rewarded at 5 or 6 times the rate of the average working person. And that's before any bonuses, cuts from player sales or media fees.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Europa League on 16:32 - Dec 9 with 4050 views49thseason

The world is full of people with no autonomy or agency and no wish to have any - too many terrified of making a mistake in case the world ends as a consequence or someone sacks them.
The education system is a travesty with uniform mania, national curriculum, 5 A-Cs, and 10 a penny degrees and all that comes our are carbon copies that need to be told what to do and are clueless when something unexpected happens. It's all safety this and PC that - the world is turning into vanilla mush. I'm bloody glad I am old enough to tell people where to stick their jobsworth attitudes and not give a flying fishes femur.

I complained about being ignored at B&Q's tills a couple of weeks ago to be told"We're busy" after I had stood like one of Lewis's for about 2 minutes waiting to be served (there were three of them stood chatting). I replied "no wonder this place is closing" "that's very hurtful - some people are losing their jobs" I was told .. as if I could care less "well if this is how you treat customers - you know the people who pay your wages- it can't be a surprise can it"? And yes I did fill in the customer satisfaction survey!!

All this emoting and "caring" is getting us nowhere - me caring about global warming or farking climate change is as much use as a fart in a bottle. What gets the job done is people taking action and fixing things. "Caring " is just pathetic "look at me I'm a really nice person (or special human being)" baloney which goes on to manifest itself in "feeling sorry" at the drop of a hat instead of just getting on and doing a proper job, fixing the problem and having less to feel sorry about.
Merry Christmas.
Europa League on 17:37 - Dec 9 with 3999 viewsTalkingSutty

Europa League on 16:25 - Dec 9 by TTNYear

Chaff says 'I genuinely don't care. I hate football' and that leads to some spurious link to modern football and how Keith Hill is, and I am exaggerating for effect here, part of some of the 'modern poison' afflicting our game.

Now I am talking for Chaff somewhat, and can have a good stab at how young Chaff is feeling. I guess that he's probably feeling a touch low about 2 result in close succession within two days, that effect two teams which he obviously cares for (although one of them, personally I think can go and get fooked). Not that he's disillusioned with our current manager and the rhetoric spewed to feed the media hungry hordes.

Of course I might be wrong, and your 'shoe horning' is spot on*

* I doubt it

You are suggesting you might be wrong and then Astrix that you doubt it? I can't imagine you would ever be wrong about anything. You like Hill and i don't*, thank god we are all different.

The games full of arrogant big heads who think the fans are an irrelevance, this is one of the things that I hate about Football, I am putting Hilly at the top of the tree in that respect. I don't like big heads with superior attitudes not a lot of people do and there's no excuse for being rude to people.

I split Hilly into two sides, as a manager he does a lot more right than wrong but I think he lets himself down big time personality wise. None of us are perfect though....come on admit it!!

* When it comes to putting a team on the pitch he's probably the best we have had.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 18:07]
Europa League on 19:35 - Dec 10 with 3793 viewsjudd

Europa League on 17:37 - Dec 9 by TalkingSutty

You are suggesting you might be wrong and then Astrix that you doubt it? I can't imagine you would ever be wrong about anything. You like Hill and i don't*, thank god we are all different.

The games full of arrogant big heads who think the fans are an irrelevance, this is one of the things that I hate about Football, I am putting Hilly at the top of the tree in that respect. I don't like big heads with superior attitudes not a lot of people do and there's no excuse for being rude to people.

I split Hilly into two sides, as a manager he does a lot more right than wrong but I think he lets himself down big time personality wise. None of us are perfect though....come on admit it!!

* When it comes to putting a team on the pitch he's probably the best we have had.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 18:07]

One thing for sure in this past v present debate is that no one would ever have predicted that a 5 year banning order from watching Rochdale would be deemed punishment.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Europa League on 22:32 - Dec 10 with 3681 viewszxcvbnm

Europa League on 19:35 - Dec 10 by judd

One thing for sure in this past v present debate is that no one would ever have predicted that a 5 year banning order from watching Rochdale would be deemed punishment.

Sorry accidentally hit down 1 on my phone. Five years, could use it to redo years 7-11 at a secondary school improving English skills.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024