Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They look tired 20:56 - Dec 19 with 8887 viewsenfieldargh

Today's performance lacked that extra bit of snap we've seen lately. I think the players were quite drained after Tuesday's come back.

Everyone seemed a yard slower and the defence was not so tight. Jfh continually shouting at them to push up. The midfield were a bit stand offish although Karl Henry I thought had a great game and was slightly fresher than ale who looked slow today. They also didn't press high up and put bristols back four under pressure.

There were too many stray passes again today.

Konchesky fitness is quite amazing as he was all over the place often running full tilt, his crossing was a lot better today.

Green had a catastrophic episode in the first half bowling the ball short and right into a Bristol players path,

Onuhua and konchesky did OK as did Angella and hall although they all let the sub tricky winger bamboozle them and allowed Bristol to equalise.

Konchesky was really bombing forward at times but again no proper target man in the box to receive the crosses he made.

Ale slogged around the middle with quite a few wayward passes.

Junior and Matt Phillips were our main threats although they took a fair bit of time to wake up.

Seb poulter did OK but was no threat although his neat flick did lead to junior scoring our goal.

Last man to mention is I forget, oh yes leroy fer, almost forgot he was on the pitch. Poor performance by him. One or two good movements but sadly not at the races.

The tea looked a bit jaded at times but I feel good times are ahead. Just wish chaz was fit.

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

They look tired on 11:51 - Dec 22 with 1346 viewsNorthernr

They look tired on 09:48 - Dec 22 by PinnerPaul

Yes that's true, different management skills needed as you go up the football pyramid,

If you saw that doco on Salford FC , you couldn't see players higher up the ladder putting up with THAT style of management for very long!

Indeed, it's why people like Peter Reid don't get a job any more and people like Neil Warnock and Sam Allardyce are actually quite impressive because they've been able to adapt as the game has changed.

If you could still get results and performances from players by screaming at them and making them carry tires up hills Reid would be the fcking England manager.
They look tired on 12:42 - Dec 22 with 1300 viewsPhilmyRs

There’s nothing wrong with working the players. The key to implementing it is that you bring them with you, show them the benefits of the extra work. If you’re Matt Phillips and by working harder than you’ve ever done previously you’re suddenly affecting games in a more positive way and/or the team starts being competitive and winning games, you start to buy into what the Manager is saying and as a Manager you have some evidence to support your philosophy/methods.

The concern with this change in approach is that short term it may not be an immediate success e.g. players not used to it or even resisting it so you need to get a squad that’s supportive of what you want to do. I hope the board are willing to back their man and give him the freedom to take the club forward. I’d hate to think a few players grievances at the extra work results in them going to the Chairman to vent their anger. They all need to stick together and trust in the Manager.
They look tired on 12:54 - Dec 22 with 1282 viewsJonDoeman

Bournemouth have run further than anyone in the prem
Jimmy can be our Eddie Howe !

It Is What It Is !!

They look tired on 17:10 - Dec 22 with 1205 viewsCiderwithRsie

They look tired on 12:42 - Dec 22 by PhilmyRs

There’s nothing wrong with working the players. The key to implementing it is that you bring them with you, show them the benefits of the extra work. If you’re Matt Phillips and by working harder than you’ve ever done previously you’re suddenly affecting games in a more positive way and/or the team starts being competitive and winning games, you start to buy into what the Manager is saying and as a Manager you have some evidence to support your philosophy/methods.

The concern with this change in approach is that short term it may not be an immediate success e.g. players not used to it or even resisting it so you need to get a squad that’s supportive of what you want to do. I hope the board are willing to back their man and give him the freedom to take the club forward. I’d hate to think a few players grievances at the extra work results in them going to the Chairman to vent their anger. They all need to stick together and trust in the Manager.

I think we have to hope that with the DoF and CEO heavily involved in the recruitment (and presumably knowing what they were going to get) the manager should have a degree of protection.

If the Konchesky article is to be trusted, there are players who are buying into this in exactly the way you suggest.So far so encouraging.
They look tired on 18:01 - Dec 22 with 1187 viewsPunteR

You cant obviously run players into the ground. Each player will respond differently I guess. I have zero experience at coaching but in my opinion its why our training facility's need to be tip top.
Its the players place of work and like all places of work,if the environment is good then performances improve.
The new training facility is vital as well as good coaching.
Lets not forget Burton had one of the best training grounds you can get.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

They look tired on 09:29 - Jan 8 with 1080 viewsstevec

There's a section in one of the national newspapers today saying some of our players are moaning about the lengthening of training sessions introduced by JFH. Not sure if it was a typo but said increased 'to two hours' when possibly meant 'by two hours'.

Either way, if there are slackers then they need to be shown the door pretty damn quick. How the fck does anyone manage this club?
They look tired on 09:34 - Jan 8 with 1075 views1BobbyHazell

They look tired on 09:29 - Jan 8 by stevec

There's a section in one of the national newspapers today saying some of our players are moaning about the lengthening of training sessions introduced by JFH. Not sure if it was a typo but said increased 'to two hours' when possibly meant 'by two hours'.

Either way, if there are slackers then they need to be shown the door pretty damn quick. How the fck does anyone manage this club?

Interesting and not surprising if true. There seems to have been a definite drop off since the opening couple of games. It's going to take a bit of time but Jimmy will get us there. I'm very excited to see the team he's going to build over the next year or two.
They look tired on 09:36 - Jan 8 with 1073 viewsSuffolkHoop

They're young men in their 20's (mostly), and are paid an absolute fortune to play football. If they aren't fit enough to play 90 minutes of football I have zero sympathy. And if they can't get themselves fit enough then it should be goodbye.
Login to get fewer ads

They look tired on 10:40 - Jan 8 with 1022 viewsPinnerPaul

They look tired on 09:34 - Jan 8 by 1BobbyHazell

Interesting and not surprising if true. There seems to have been a definite drop off since the opening couple of games. It's going to take a bit of time but Jimmy will get us there. I'm very excited to see the team he's going to build over the next year or two.

"year or two" you're optimistic aren't you?!
They look tired on 10:45 - Jan 8 with 1013 views1BobbyHazell

They look tired on 10:40 - Jan 8 by PinnerPaul

"year or two" you're optimistic aren't you?!

Shhh! I'm Derren Browning the Jimmy Outers.
They look tired on 14:30 - Jan 8 with 970 viewswhittocksRs

If Chelsea's top players can stop playing for someone like Mourinho because he's upset them a bit, it must to hard for any manager in the world to implement anything difficult. Player power is insane, hopefully JFH can handle that.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024