Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many points can we amass during February? 15:16 - Jan 31 with 7521 viewsDaveDave

With six games in the next month, it's going to be a busy period, but how many points do you predict we can collect? If we do well - remembering that four of these games are at home - we could see ourselves in the top six come March 1st when we play Shrewsbury away.

Crewe A
Millwall H
Crewe H
Bradford A
Fleetwood H
Sheffield U H

I'll predict 14 points

Up the Dale
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 15:23]

How many points can we amass during February? on 15:25 - Jan 31 with 5491 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Your 14 points would probably see us safe for another League 1 season.......hope you are spot on.

Personally I would be happy with 10.
How many points can we amass during February? on 15:29 - Jan 31 with 5473 viewsMoonyDale

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

How many points can we amass during February? on 15:33 - Jan 31 with 5448 viewsDaveDave

How many points can we amass during February? on 15:29 - Jan 31 by MoonyDale

Anyone brave/foolish enough to go even higher?

How many points can we amass during February? on 16:11 - Jan 31 with 5350 viewsDaley_Lama

How many points can we amass during February? on 15:33 - Jan 31 by DaveDave

Anyone brave/foolish enough to go even higher?

One name springs to mind who would have gone 16 or 18 points but he aint on here of late.

Poll: DF in or out

How many points can we amass during February? on 16:17 - Jan 31 with 5341 viewsDaveDave

How many points can we amass during February? on 16:11 - Jan 31 by Daley_Lama

One name springs to mind who would have gone 16 or 18 points but he aint on here of late.

Or perhaps someone from Giggle would like to say whether they will be above us come the end of the month

How many points can we amass during February? on 16:37 - Jan 31 with 5303 viewsDaley_Lama

We will collect 9/18 points, scoring 12, conceding 12.

This is based on us being the most mid-table that a mid-table team can be at present.

W 10
D 7
L 10

F 37
A 37

How many points can we amass during February? on 16:50 - Jan 31 with 5260 viewsboromat

I'll have a stab at 11 points. 3 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss. I'd be more than happy with that!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

How many points can we amass during February? on 18:37 - Jan 31 with 5080 viewsaleanddale

9 points..

3 wins and 3 losses!!

Mid table consolidation.
Login to get fewer ads

How many points can we amass during February? on 18:42 - Jan 31 with 5059 viewsdalenumber2

Crewe A - win
Millwall H - win
Crewe H - win
Bradford A - lose
Fleetwood H - win
Sheffield U H - lose

12 points and I'm happy ish
How many points can we amass during February? on 18:45 - Jan 31 with 5052 views1mark1

How many points can we amass during February? on 18:42 - Jan 31 by dalenumber2

Crewe A - win
Millwall H - win
Crewe H - win
Bradford A - lose
Fleetwood H - win
Sheffield U H - lose

12 points and I'm happy ish

Win, draw, win, lose, win, draw.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

How many points can we amass during February? on 19:05 - Jan 31 with 5016 viewsD_Dale

After yesterday's excellent result, there seems to be a little too much optimism in some of these posts.

Crewe held Wigan (currently in 4th place) to a 1-1 home draw recently, so I don't see why Dale will do better.

Millwall are also in a play-off place and have the third best away record in L1; a point seems a reasonable expectation.

Crewe at home should be a 3-pointer, although the Railwaymen took a point from Millwall yesterday.

Bradford have the ability to stop visiting teams from scoring, and Dale aren't strong away; the odds look against us taking anything.

Fleetwood looks like a potential draw against a side fighting to stay in L1.

Sheffield U have drawn more away matches (7) than any other L1 team; the record book also says Dale have lost all seven times we've played them. A point would break that duck and is as much as might be hoped for.

So 1 win, 4 draws and 1 defeat - 7 points.

But if any of us were able to make accurate forecasts the bookies wouldn't be as rich as they are. In any case, there's a good chance that the weather will force a couple of postponements (did the Hornets play today?).
How many points can we amass during February? on 19:22 - Jan 31 with 4985 viewsTVOS1907

How many points can we amass during February? on 19:05 - Jan 31 by D_Dale

After yesterday's excellent result, there seems to be a little too much optimism in some of these posts.

Crewe held Wigan (currently in 4th place) to a 1-1 home draw recently, so I don't see why Dale will do better.

Millwall are also in a play-off place and have the third best away record in L1; a point seems a reasonable expectation.

Crewe at home should be a 3-pointer, although the Railwaymen took a point from Millwall yesterday.

Bradford have the ability to stop visiting teams from scoring, and Dale aren't strong away; the odds look against us taking anything.

Sheffield U have drawn more away matches (7) than any other L1 team; the record book also says Dale have lost all seven times we've played them. A point would break that duck and is as much as might be hoped for.

But if any of us were able to make accurate forecasts the bookies wouldn't be as rich as they are. In any case, there's a good chance that the weather will force a couple of postponements (did the Hornets play today?).

Like you say, it's impossible to make predictions, especially looking so far ahead.

However, I'll have a go...

Crewe are in the bottom four for a reason and their game against Dale is a different day than their game versus Wigan, but I'll go for a draw.

Millwall will be the toughest game in the month for my money and I'll take a point now.

Crewe did take a point from Millwall, albeit because Millwall missed a late penalty. Dale win.

Bradford is a very good ground for us and I do think they are under-achieving, but we're probably due to lose there.

Fleetwood have never lost a league game at Spotland, but I think this time they will.

Sheffield United have never dropped a point to Dale, but before yesterday we only had one point from seven games v Burton. I'll go for a draw.

All that said, I'm crap at predictions!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

How many points can we amass during February? on 19:39 - Jan 31 with 4970 viewsdalenumber2

We've beaten Burton at home and Walsall away so on paper we could win all of these games !
How many points can we amass during February? on 19:40 - Jan 31 with 4966 viewsdalenumber2

How many points can we amass during February? on 19:39 - Jan 31 by dalenumber2

We've beaten Burton at home and Walsall away so on paper we could win all of these games !

We've also lost 6-1 to Barnsley so on paper we could lose all of these games
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 19:40]
How many points can we amass during February? on 19:45 - Jan 31 with 4945 viewsMIlnrowdale

How many points can we amass during February? on 19:05 - Jan 31 by D_Dale

Hornets lost 12-29 today
How many points can we amass during February? on 19:51 - Jan 31 with 4927 viewsD_Dale

How many points can we amass during February? on 19:45 - Jan 31 by MIlnrowdale

Hornets lost 12-29 today

That's a shame, but perhaps so as to go easy on the pitch they wore carpet slippers.
How many points can we amass during February? on 19:59 - Jan 31 with 4909 viewsscooby

It's creeping in to that time of year where KH always struggles and we pick up little to nothing up. 5pts will be good going from these games, and that would see a win against Crewe, a draw against Crewe, draw against Fleetwood.
How many points can we amass during February? on 22:06 - Jan 31 with 4751 viewsrobtheb

Going off our recent form were we tend to do well against teams above us and go into the unknown with teams below us.

A win at home against Crewe and a draw away.
Win at Millwall
Draw at Bradford and Fleetwood
Unsure against Sheffield U but fancy the draw.

10 points.

That gives us 47 points, more than happy with that with 13 games to play.
How many points can we amass during February? on 00:36 - Feb 1 with 4634 viewsDaley_Lama

Ignoring my own posts above...

Crewe: Away Loss, Home Win. They appear to have turned the corner having achieved recent draws with Wigan, Bury and Milwall. They were our whipping boys last season so it would be easy to expect 6 points, but given their recent form I reckon both games will be tough against a hard working team.

Milwall. Expecting a loss. There were teams last season (Donny, Barnsley, Coventry etc) who had serious quality individual players lots of whom were Championship standard and whupped us, I have Milwall in that bracket. Even when on their bum they beat us at their place.

Bradford A. Will go for a draw. We always seem to play them recently when their pitch is worse than ever. We will play much the better football is granted, the result is a coin flip

Fleetwood H. Win. We managed to beat the Burton bogey thing, same goes for this

Sheff U. Draw. That's more hope than expectation, they annoy the hell out of me more than any team in this division by having the resources and players but only just being above us, and that is only because they bought Matty Done and are also seem to get the rub of the green and points in games against us. If we won this game then it would be the one out of all of them in Feb I would be most happy with.

How many points can we amass during February? on 09:43 - Feb 1 with 4541 viewsChaffRAFC

I've gone for 10, would be happy with that, would be disappointed with less.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

How many points can we amass during February? on 09:46 - Feb 1 with 4539 viewsTVOS1907

How many points can we amass during February? on 00:36 - Feb 1 by Daley_Lama

Ignoring my own posts above...

Crewe: Away Loss, Home Win. They appear to have turned the corner having achieved recent draws with Wigan, Bury and Milwall. They were our whipping boys last season so it would be easy to expect 6 points, but given their recent form I reckon both games will be tough against a hard working team.

Milwall. Expecting a loss. There were teams last season (Donny, Barnsley, Coventry etc) who had serious quality individual players lots of whom were Championship standard and whupped us, I have Milwall in that bracket. Even when on their bum they beat us at their place.

Bradford A. Will go for a draw. We always seem to play them recently when their pitch is worse than ever. We will play much the better football is granted, the result is a coin flip

Fleetwood H. Win. We managed to beat the Burton bogey thing, same goes for this

Sheff U. Draw. That's more hope than expectation, they annoy the hell out of me more than any team in this division by having the resources and players but only just being above us, and that is only because they bought Matty Done and are also seem to get the rub of the green and points in games against us. If we won this game then it would be the one out of all of them in Feb I would be most happy with.

We took four points off Coventry last season!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

How many points can we amass during February? on 15:57 - Feb 1 with 4416 views1949er

Depends on the performance s
Play like we did against Barnsley fewer points than if we play like we did against Burton

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

How many points can we amass during February? on 20:52 - Feb 1 with 4254 viewsThe_DJ

18 at least.
How many points can we amass during February? on 21:05 - Feb 1 with 4235 viewsFrog

A lucky 7
How many points can we amass during February? on 22:17 - Feb 7 with 3978 viewsscooby

Anyone wanting to revise their forecast??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024