Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who feels like renewing 22:50 - Feb 15 with 8700 viewsenfieldargh

at this moment in time renewing my ST is the furthest thing from my mind.

Right now I dont think I'll bother.

I didn't boo on Saturday, never have never will.

But while the club sees fit to play Toazer or however you spell his name then my apathy towards the R's is the same as Tossers ability to wear the hoop(half) shirt with any pride or distinction.

If they gave me an ultimatum today of 'renew your ST now or never' then I'm afraid to say its never.

Been going since 1967

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

who feels like renewing on 23:19 - Feb 15 with 4904 viewsSnipper

I'm in the same boat as you fella. I haven't just lost it with QPR, but football in general. I've only been to 5 homes games and Fulham away this season.

It'll be interesting to see what the club do after the end of March regarding the pricing of season tickets.
who feels like renewing on 23:43 - Feb 15 with 4879 viewsTacticalR

Perhaps the club could offer some kind of in play option where you get a cash refund if your most disliked player comes on?

Air hostess clique

who feels like renewing on 23:47 - Feb 15 with 4867 viewsCroydonCaptJack

There has been far worse times than this.
who feels like renewing on 00:28 - Feb 16 with 4831 viewsItalianR

who feels like renewing on 23:47 - Feb 15 by CroydonCaptJack

There has been far worse times than this.

Yeah but none where they told you to renew by the end of March or lose your seat and pay 30% more. That would make it £570 for me rather than £450 -quite a hefty price for a championship mid-table lot of donkeys.
who feels like renewing on 07:25 - Feb 16 with 4752 viewsQPRJohnny

Clubs ticketing approach is a disgrace.

I was quite prepared to settle for mid table obscurity as the club rebuilt. Which is exactly where we are.
However I fail to see why I should pay for a second season ticket in the same season for the privilege.

I am surprised there hasn't been much of a protest. I hear there is a petition against it. Anyone who where there is a link?
who feels like renewing on 07:29 - Feb 16 with 4748 viewsdaveB

who feels like renewing on 00:28 - Feb 16 by ItalianR

Yeah but none where they told you to renew by the end of March or lose your seat and pay 30% more. That would make it £570 for me rather than £450 -quite a hefty price for a championship mid-table lot of donkeys.

no they usually tell you at the end of May how much your ticket is and you have a month to pay so we usually all moan that we should have more notice. This year the club have given 4 months notice of how much tickets will be and we are still moaning.

If the prices go up 30% after March then the club are insane but i doubt they will
who feels like renewing on 07:44 - Feb 16 with 4719 viewsWatford_Ranger

If season tickets are going up 30% for new ST holders, which makes no sense at all, presumably walk-ups are going to be around £40 for the Loft??

I can only see myself bothering with away games if that's the case.
who feels like renewing on 08:30 - Feb 16 with 4656 viewsessextaxiboy

Ashamed to say I havnt even read the information . I just assumed it was an offer to renew very early at Champ price as a hedge against promotion and a Prem price.

We will renew no matter what but for them to hike the prices above the norm for playing in the same division just because they felt like billing us 6 months early without any consultation is taking the p+ss IMO .

We were talking about this on the tube home on Sat . The only time I will not renew (unless we move away) is when we are established in the Prem for a few years not winning anything but not going down ,getting ripped off by away clubs if you can get a ticket , mad kick off times every week and having a team of mediocre millionaires who I dont feel anything for . I would treat myself to a huge TV and a nice recliner ...
Login to get fewer ads

who feels like renewing on 08:42 - Feb 16 with 4622 viewskingsburyR

Hang on.........If I don't renew by March I will lose my seat??

Is that correct?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

who feels like renewing on 08:45 - Feb 16 with 4611 viewsactonman

As said, renewing my ticket is the furthest thing on my mind at the moment ! I'm finding it a bit of a struggle to gee myself up to turn up as it is. I really thought we had turned a corner or at least saw some sort of light at the end of a fking gloomy tunnel when we beat Ipswich but then THAT happened on Saturday and I'm afraid it knocked the bllox out of me again !

I have just done a cost cutting exercise with my finances (Like my work who will expect me to turn up on a fking bicycle with my tools in a carrier bag before too long) and spending £500 + on a ticket along with another on average £50 per game for travel / food etc and it ain't looking very appealing right now !

I haven't even looked to see when or how much the renewal is ?
who feels like renewing on 09:07 - Feb 16 with 4564 viewsjohncharles

Apathy on the field has spread to the supporters. The players aren't making a special effort so neither am I. If I miss the new deadline then so be it.

Strong and stable my arse.

who feels like renewing on 09:22 - Feb 16 with 4538 viewsstevec

who feels like renewing on 08:42 - Feb 16 by kingsburyR

Hang on.........If I don't renew by March I will lose my seat??

Is that correct?

If they stick to the 30% plan beyond March I can't see more than half existing ST holders renewing.

Given the poor atmosphere at practically every SKY home game i'm thinking of experimenting next season. Watch the SKY games at home or down the pub, pay the extra 30% on the rest.

A half empty stadium and Groupon will be doing a roaring trade.
who feels like renewing on 09:31 - Feb 16 with 4520 viewsNorthernr

They're going to have to have a rethink. The plan was formulated when they thought we'd have a shot at promotion, and if we were sitting fifth, sixth, seventh something like that now then the idea that you can renew before the end of March and potentially get a Premier League season ticket at a Championship rate would be an attractive one.

But as we've got no chance they're going to need to extend the deadline, and rethink this idea that it's going up 30% thereafter, otherwise they're going to lose lots of their existing season ticket holders, and not be able to attract any new ones.

I don't really get the 30% thing anyway. I see it's a way to reward loyalty - the people who buy early get a much cheaper deal - but surely the club wants to be moving current occasional attenders and members up to buying a season ticket. I'm not sure how having the most expensive season ticket in the division is going to do that.

Anyway, rethink needed!
who feels like renewing on 10:00 - Feb 16 with 4474 viewsCroydonCaptJack

who feels like renewing on 00:28 - Feb 16 by ItalianR

I hadn't appreciated it was a 30% hike otherwise. That is poor I agree.
who feels like renewing on 10:06 - Feb 16 with 4460 viewsdaveB

I don't really understand why they have to extend the deadline, we've had 2 and a half months notice so far and still another month and a half to go. How much they are going to be after the deadline is kind of irrelevant to renewing really as you always going to pay more if you don't renew by the deadline. This way they have 4 months to see extra season tickets before the new season rather than 4 weeks.

This just feels like moaning for the sake of it, can completely understand people not wanting to renew because the team is crap or price is too high but that would still be the case if the deadline was August
who feels like renewing on 10:13 - Feb 16 with 4442 viewsjonno

who feels like renewing on 10:06 - Feb 16 by daveB

I don't really understand why they have to extend the deadline, we've had 2 and a half months notice so far and still another month and a half to go. How much they are going to be after the deadline is kind of irrelevant to renewing really as you always going to pay more if you don't renew by the deadline. This way they have 4 months to see extra season tickets before the new season rather than 4 weeks.

This just feels like moaning for the sake of it, can completely understand people not wanting to renew because the team is crap or price is too high but that would still be the case if the deadline was August

But I suppose by August you could at least see if the Club had signed any half decent players and got rid of the wasters we are still lumbered with.
who feels like renewing on 10:16 - Feb 16 with 4437 viewsdaveB

who feels like renewing on 10:13 - Feb 16 by jonno

But I suppose by August you could at least see if the Club had signed any half decent players and got rid of the wasters we are still lumbered with.

no club would seriously have the season ticket renewal deadline a week before the season starts though
who feels like renewing on 10:17 - Feb 16 with 4433 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Renew or don't renew. The club doesn't care. But they should.
who feels like renewing on 10:21 - Feb 16 with 4418 viewsloftboy

Due to my current personal situation I've missed the last 5 homes, got my first season ticket in 1986, had my current seat for.about ten years, 99% certain I wont be renewing, my life is too complicated at the moment.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

who feels like renewing on 10:23 - Feb 16 with 4403 viewstoboboly

who feels like renewing on 10:06 - Feb 16 by daveB

But those months have been during Xmas when everyone is completely skint anyway.

I gave up my ST when Briatore put the prices up to £600. I then picked and chose games. I now visit LR only a few times a season at the most due to expense on tickets. The team can be crap and for £20 a game I would turn up but we have had and for too long have had the most expensive tickets.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

who feels like renewing on 10:26 - Feb 16 with 4395 viewsJuzzie

Same here, having to look after Juzzie Jnr at weekends from the end of next month will mean not only will I miss the last few home games of this season, I'm hardly going to be able to make any at all next season or a few thereafter. First time in almost 35 years that I will miss more than 2 home games a season :(

Doesn't matter now what division we'll be in next season or whether the ST's cost £1 or £1000.... I won't be able to renew anyway.

Still, if we have another 10+ games live on TV it won't be so bad.

If I did have a choice, would I renew...... yes.
who feels like renewing on 10:29 - Feb 16 with 4391 viewsdaveB

who feels like renewing on 10:23 - Feb 16 by toboboly

But those months have been during Xmas when everyone is completely skint anyway.

I gave up my ST when Briatore put the prices up to £600. I then picked and chose games. I now visit LR only a few times a season at the most due to expense on tickets. The team can be crap and for £20 a game I would turn up but we have had and for too long have had the most expensive tickets.

I'm not sure what they are supposed to do, the season starts the same time every year so if you are buying a season ticket you surely save throughout the year for this, it can't be a sudden shock every year that you need to buy another one would be like moaning that Christmas has come around again and you didn't have enough notice.
who feels like renewing on 10:33 - Feb 16 with 4376 viewswrinklyhoop

who feels like renewing on 07:44 - Feb 16 by Watford_Ranger

If season tickets are going up 30% for new ST holders, which makes no sense at all, presumably walk-ups are going to be around £40 for the Loft??

I can only see myself bothering with away games if that's the case.

This offer is a bit different, with new ST folk getting the same deal for only a smallish extra amount.
who feels like renewing on 10:33 - Feb 16 with 4376 viewstoboboly

who feels like renewing on 10:29 - Feb 16 by daveB

I'm not sure what they are supposed to do, the season starts the same time every year so if you are buying a season ticket you surely save throughout the year for this, it can't be a sudden shock every year that you need to buy another one would be like moaning that Christmas has come around again and you didn't have enough notice.

But surely the club should have put the deadline further back to say April to allow families and groups of people to save for it. You say that the season starts the same every year well this is completely new.

Also the "minimum 30% more expensive" line is what has me worried as someone that refuses to pay £570 for a season ticket. It means I will be shafted anyway.

So much for trying to expand and get more fans to attend.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

who feels like renewing on 10:39 - Feb 16 with 4349 viewsJamie

who feels like renewing on 10:29 - Feb 16 by daveB

Think you are missing the point a bit here Dave tbh.

I don't think anyone is necessarily criticising the club. As already said, the plan was a sensible one - the club wants to get money in ASAP to be able to more accurately forecast for next year, and as Norf says, at the time it was essentially dangling an offer of a PL season ticket at Championship prices.

As we have drifted miles away from promotion though, it's basically become 'buy a season ticket before March or don't get one' as nobody is going to be mental enough to buy a ST at the increased prices unless something incredible is happening over the summer.

So the club are now in a position where I'd not be surprised at all if ST renewals are currently at dire levels, supporter morale is pretty damn low, we are still playing aging dickheads over our own youngsters and so they are going to either have to accept dire ST levels next season or rethink their plans to entice more people to sign up later in the year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024