Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great win 17:14 - Feb 27 with 11301 views442Dale

Possibly the best three points of the season. No coincidence that getting defenders who can defend back in the side has seen an upturn in results, it's giving us a chance in games rather than the opposition. Still, Josh Lillis kept us in it. Keeping him at the club shouldn't even be a question worth asking, when he's confident he's a good keeper at this level.

Holt v the away end was ace.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Great win on 17:16 - Feb 27 with 5795 viewsdingdangblue

Holt full stop was ace! Turned the game after Lillis kept us in it. Start on Tuesday for Holty?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Great win on 17:23 - Feb 27 with 5696 viewsRibbleblue

So glad Josh Lillis got MOM.Thoroughly deserved with some Top drawer saves.
Great win on 17:28 - Feb 27 with 5623 viewsisitme

We ran our luck a bit in the first half with some good saves by Lillis keeping us in it. The substitutions at half time were much needed and Holt was immense. It actually gave their centre backs something to do and he was a real handful. We were much better in the second half.

Our first goal was brilliant interplay. It is good to see Lillis getting his confidence back. Eastham and Cavanan have started to form a decent pairing and even big Jim is offering a bit more offensively in the left back position.

Does anyone know what Camps has done to be dropped?
Great win on 17:29 - Feb 27 with 5607 viewsmoth5368

Great win on 17:23 - Feb 27 by Ribbleblue

So glad Josh Lillis got MOM.Thoroughly deserved with some Top drawer saves.

I agree, wouldn't have been in the game by the second half if it weren't for him.
Great win on 17:30 - Feb 27 with 5578 views442Dale

Great win on 17:28 - Feb 27 by isitme

We ran our luck a bit in the first half with some good saves by Lillis keeping us in it. The substitutions at half time were much needed and Holt was immense. It actually gave their centre backs something to do and he was a real handful. We were much better in the second half.

Our first goal was brilliant interplay. It is good to see Lillis getting his confidence back. Eastham and Cavanan have started to form a decent pairing and even big Jim is offering a bit more offensively in the left back position.

Not sure but it's a winning side right now and I wouldn't change any of the midfield three - all are better at managing games than Camps. All about getting results.

Great win on 17:33 - Feb 27 with 5523 viewsR17ALE

I'm buzzing after that second half. First half we were out - tempoed by Sheff Utd. but once Holty and PV came on we out - muscled them and that gave us the space to play some of our high energy football.

When Holty re-signed Hilly was raving saying he'd got a player who could "manage" games. At the time I didn't really know what he meant, but all those there today saw an object lesson in how one player can turn a game round and manage it in anyway he liked.

As an analogy, you know on those bird watching type programmes where some grizzly oaf has a small bird in his hand and when its head pops up he gives it a little stroke on the forehead, well Holt today was the hand and the little bird was the match.

And I haven't seen such wild scenes of euphoria in the Sandy when Holty bagged, for a long time.

A word too for PV's goal which will be forgotten amongst the hype, but was the equal of Bunney's second last week.

Top stuff from the lads today.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 17:35]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Great win on 17:34 - Feb 27 with 5500 viewsisitme

Great win on 17:30 - Feb 27 by 442Dale

Not sure but it's a winning side right now and I wouldn't change any of the midfield three - all are better at managing games than Camps. All about getting results.

I can agree with you about the midfield three, although Rose's passing was off today and Camps offers more mobility and creativity.

Surely he offers more than NML and RNL? I thought NML was awful today. He looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane! He has clearly not go the drive or fitness to make the most of his talents.
Great win on 17:38 - Feb 27 with 5429 viewsShun

Great win. I didn't see that coming at half time, as in the first half Sheff United were running through us like a river through the Augean Stables. Only some good defending (welcome back Ashley Eastham - great game) and some fantastic goalkeeping kept it goalless. They were arguably the best side I've seen this season. The second half was completely different though. The substitutions made all the difference, Holt was brilliant. He's so clever and wise and I love him.

I also loved seeing the petulant Sheffield kiddywinkles throwing up our pitch covers. Bless.
Login to get fewer ads

Great win on 17:42 - Feb 27 with 5366 viewsTalkingSutty

Well done Josh, some great saves today,deserved his MOM award. Fantastic finish by Vincenti and Holt frightened them to death,a classic finish, minutes after a lung bursting run.He was like a bloody runaway bull.

Full credit to Hilly he's made the signings and come up with a lineup and formation that makes us hard to beat. Its not pretty to watch but its been the turning point of the season,its put us on the cusp of safety when it could have turned a little bit messy. It should soon be mission accompished
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 17:45]
Great win on 17:45 - Feb 27 with 5304 viewsrichfoad32

Brilliant result. Opens up the gap between ourselves and the bottom four, hopefully we can start looking up to end the season rather than over our shoulders. A result at Shrewsbury on Tuesday should all but banish any relegation fears (touch wood).

Happy that Lillis had a good game and also for Peter V. who hasn't had the greatest season. Would start with Holty on Tuesday, hopefully he's got a good 60-70 minutes in him and then bring on Alessandra
Great win on 17:58 - Feb 27 with 5113 viewsD_Alien

Great win on 17:34 - Feb 27 by isitme

I can agree with you about the midfield three, although Rose's passing was off today and Camps offers more mobility and creativity.

Surely he offers more than NML and RNL? I thought NML was awful today. He looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane! He has clearly not go the drive or fitness to make the most of his talents.

" NML was awful today. He looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane!"

He's certainly got his knockers!

I still rate him but it's a case of not having a consistent run of games to really get his act together. Hill was right to start him but tbh both he and Bunney were just making up time until Holt could be introduced.

As for Camps, I though he was just getting fit again after an injury? he'd be back in as soon as, for me. Probably in place of Rose, who did ok today but we need more than that to avoid starting on the back foot.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Great win on 18:08 - Feb 27 with 5020 viewsolympicdale

Great win on 17:58 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

" NML was awful today. He looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane!"

He's certainly got his knockers!

I still rate him but it's a case of not having a consistent run of games to really get his act together. Hill was right to start him but tbh both he and Bunney were just making up time until Holt could be introduced.

As for Camps, I though he was just getting fit again after an injury? he'd be back in as soon as, for me. Probably in place of Rose, who did ok today but we need more than that to avoid starting on the back foot.

Their Cb's must have thought they were up against a butterfly in Bunney, before the bull that is Holt came on, Joe clearly wasn't winning any battles, they were just too good for him.

NML, I can't figure out if I like this guy or not. He seems to get pushed off the ball way too easy for a man of his size, we've seen him run past his man and take him on, but its a rarity, like he's playing within himself. I believe there is a quality player in there, I believe, he just needs some consistency and confidence.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 18:10]

Life is a game of fate.

Great win on 18:21 - Feb 27 with 4890 viewsJimmyRustler

Thought everyone had a good game except Rose but I'm sick of saying that now tbh.

Special mentions to Lillis, Eastham and Holty with top performances.

Hendo and Holty already have an understanding. They work frighteningly well together.

The less about their fans behaviour the better. Embarassing.
Great win on 18:25 - Feb 27 with 4863 viewsscooby

Great win on 17:28 - Feb 27 by isitme

Hahaha! All season I've sat behind you, and now i know who you are from that one comment! :D

I'm one of Lillis' biggest critics but today i was a big fan! he deserved MoM and had it in the bag at half time. But disagree with 442, this is not a reason to extend him, one match doesn't always make a fire...
Great win on 18:32 - Feb 27 with 4772 viewsdalefan1uk

If I'm being honest I just think camps has been unlucky with not playing.
Great win on 18:38 - Feb 27 with 4724 views442Dale

Great win on 18:25 - Feb 27 by scooby

Hahaha! All season I've sat behind you, and now i know who you are from that one comment! :D

I'm one of Lillis' biggest critics but today i was a big fan! he deserved MoM and had it in the bag at half time. But disagree with 442, this is not a reason to extend him, one match doesn't always make a fire...

No I agree, but a relatively consistent season means he deserves a new deal. Even if it's to compete with someone else for the no.1 jersey. He's been really good the last three games especially, with his poorest run of form coming after being inexplicably dropped. All about confidence as we've said before.

The one thing when it comes to assessing Lillis is looking at other keepers in this division, it's not that he's amazing - we know his limitations - but how many are that great and just how much better can we do?

Great win on 18:42 - Feb 27 with 4660 viewsdingdangblue

Great win on 18:38 - Feb 27 by 442Dale

No I agree, but a relatively consistent season means he deserves a new deal. Even if it's to compete with someone else for the no.1 jersey. He's been really good the last three games especially, with his poorest run of form coming after being inexplicably dropped. All about confidence as we've said before.

The one thing when it comes to assessing Lillis is looking at other keepers in this division, it's not that he's amazing - we know his limitations - but how many are that great and just how much better can we do?

I think if Hill has sorted out a deal with Conrad Logan then Josh has to go - and I like Lillis.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Great win on 18:44 - Feb 27 with 4633 views442Dale

Great win on 18:42 - Feb 27 by dingdangblue

I think if Hill has sorted out a deal with Conrad Logan then Josh has to go - and I like Lillis.

Why? We'll then need a number 2 for a keeper who we can't guarantee the fitness of.

Great win on 18:45 - Feb 27 with 4620 viewsrobbowood

Hilly's 'Rope-a-dope' tactics in the first half worked to perfection and putting on PV and Holt for the second half was a masterstroke

Josh Lillis was superb to put it mildly

We were also fortunate when McNulty's "back header", from one of their corners, hit the post in the first half and came out instead of going in

Canavan and Eastham have made our defence much more solid - a clean sheet in two matches running for the first time since last October
Great win on 18:46 - Feb 27 with 4611 viewsD_Alien

Josh must be hugely encouraged with the reception from the fans when he was deservedly announced as MoM, but even more so by having two CBs in front of him who just do the basics well. That's what they're there for, and anything else is a bonus. Speaking of which, some of Canavan's passes out to Rafferty on the touchline were Dawsonesque

[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 18:48]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Great win on 18:50 - Feb 27 with 4574 viewsrichfoad32

Great win on 18:44 - Feb 27 by 442Dale

Why? We'll then need a number 2 for a keeper who we can't guarantee the fitness of.

If (and it's a big if) we have managed to sort a deal with Logan then I'm assuming he won't come cheap. With money at a premium I doubt we could afford to keep Josh on as a no.2 as well, would be a bit of a luxury when we could go with the cheaper option of Diba or Collis on the bench.
Great win on 18:50 - Feb 27 with 4570 viewszxcvbnm

Experience made the difference in the second half. The know how of the front 3 tied the United defence in knots

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Great win on 19:03 - Feb 27 with 4459 viewsscooby

I think Lillis is too arrogant to be number 2, takes after his dad in that way!!

To me, i think he's already decided he is off, and all are now accepting that. This (plus the defender change) is why he is settling.

But again, ignoring all that absolutely no complaints on Lillis today, amazing performance.
Great win on 19:05 - Feb 27 with 4438 views442Dale

Great win on 18:50 - Feb 27 by richfoad32

If (and it's a big if) we have managed to sort a deal with Logan then I'm assuming he won't come cheap. With money at a premium I doubt we could afford to keep Josh on as a no.2 as well, would be a bit of a luxury when we could go with the cheaper option of Diba or Collis on the bench.

After 18 months out of the game, Logan's wage expectations will have changed somewhat.

Not sure I fully understand the clamour to we get him back as a number 1 right now. Sure he's a great keeper, but installing him in goal with no proper back up would be a big mistake.

Great win on 19:17 - Feb 27 with 4370 views1949er

It wasnt big jims header that hit the post it was michael rose

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024