Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fair Enough 23:31 - Mar 2 with 3430 viewsmikehunt

If you drive up John Street and on to Whtworth Road, you will see some Dale posters. NML with his back to us on them for some reason but it's a start.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Fair Enough on 06:10 - Mar 3 with 3332 viewsTalkingSutty

There's one at the Ford garage on Manchester Road also, he can fill a poster can Nathanial.
Fair Enough on 08:09 - Mar 3 with 3252 viewsdingdangblue

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/outdoor-advertising-campaign-298208

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fair Enough on 08:27 - Mar 3 with 3225 viewsTalkingSutty

Fair Enough on 08:09 - Mar 3 by dingdangblue

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/outdoor-advertising-campaign-298208

Well Donne Frances. Good to see the Club being pro-active. A massive amount of footfall ( more than anywhere else in the town) goes through the cash tills at Asda,Tesco, Morrisons etc.

Could a promotion not be done rewarding shoppers with money off vouchers against Matchday tickets or free Matchday tickets for a minimum spend over a trial period of a couple of months.

A great time to target something like that would be over the Summer months during the European Championships. Loads of people buying football food/ BBQ/ Beer and then hit them with a voucher/ free ticket for up coming games during the start of the new season ( August/September).

Reward the supermarkets by giving them free reduced advertising in the Matchday programme or around the ground or association with the family stand (The Tesco family stand).
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 8:27]
Fair Enough on 08:28 - Mar 3 with 3222 viewsaleanddale

Fair Enough on 08:09 - Mar 3 by dingdangblue

I know the intention was to keep it generic.. And fair enough this is a very good start.

Pay on the gate...

Or call the ticket hotline on.... Should have been on the poster IMHO.

Even better the game (s) that the poster encapsulates.

Will any newbie know it's bury a week on Sat??

A smaller club than us I know but a derby non the less.
Fair Enough on 09:33 - Mar 3 with 3150 viewsGlenn

Fair Enough on 08:28 - Mar 3 by aleanddale

I know the intention was to keep it generic.. And fair enough this is a very good start.

Pay on the gate...

They'll know if they go to the website and it shows the fixtures. They can then buy a ticket and commit to being at the game. If you put too much text on a poster like this it's just pointless. Can't read an essay as you drive past it. Keep it simple.
Fair Enough on 10:12 - Mar 3 with 3098 viewsdingdangblue

Pay on the gate...

I think Facebook and Twitter can take care of individual games - I know I share all my Dale related stuff whether people want to see it or not. The poster just needs to grab drivers attention which I think it does. Well done Dale.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fair Enough on 10:46 - Mar 3 with 3035 viewsTVOS1907

Pay on the gate...

Why don't you email Frances with your comments and suggestions?

She's refreshingly receptive to any form of communication and constructive criticisms/ideas from supporters, if channelled in the right way.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fair Enough on 10:54 - Mar 3 with 3021 viewsDomDale

Not seen any yet but I spend little time in the borough during the week. Good start by the club.

Agree with other comments that these posters really do need to be simple. You can't have too much text as that reduces effectiveness. Also, can't expect the posters to reflect individual games as over the course of a season that would cost a lot to change

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Login to get fewer ads

Fair Enough on 10:55 - Mar 3 with 3019 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fair Enough on 06:10 - Mar 3 by TalkingSutty

There's one at the Ford garage on Manchester Road also, he can fill a poster can Nathanial.

NML the Man with no Neck.
Fair Enough on 11:59 - Mar 3 with 2941 viewsTVOS1907

Fair Enough on 10:54 - Mar 3 by DomDale

Not seen any yet but I spend little time in the borough during the week. Good start by the club.

Agree with other comments that these posters really do need to be simple. You can't have too much text as that reduces effectiveness. Also, can't expect the posters to reflect individual games as over the course of a season that would cost a lot to change

It's not really a 'start', as such, as this is the second roll out of this advertising campaign, as explained by Frances in her interview. She did something similar last summer.

Fair Enough on 12:33 - Mar 3 with 2868 viewsDomDale

Fair Enough on 11:59 - Mar 3 by TVOS1907

It's not really a 'start', as such, as this is the second roll out of this advertising campaign, as explained by Frances in her interview. She did something similar last summer.

Apologies, I haven't listened to the interview, just picked up on the comments here and on social media.

As I say, I spend little time in the borough so haven't seen previous or current posters.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Fair Enough on 15:21 - Mar 3 with 2683 viewsTVOS1907

Fair Enough on 12:33 - Mar 3 by DomDale

Apologies, I haven't listened to the interview, just picked up on the comments here and on social media.

As I say, I spend little time in the borough so haven't seen previous or current posters.

No worries

Fair Enough on 19:23 - Mar 3 with 2511 viewsDaley_Lama

If you drive up John St right now onto Whitworth road, you won't go anywhere as there has been yet another crash.

This will obviously be down to driver error, which i'm sure is comfort to the people in the other car who have done absolutely nothing wrong.

Oh well, soon be April and new budget time, perhaps the promised change will happen then.

Poll: DF in or out

Fair Enough on 20:44 - Mar 3 with 2439 viewsColDale

We've been caught out a bit by the timing. Reckon we've had Holty all over it had he been with us once the poster went to print.
Fair Enough on 21:32 - Mar 3 with 2359 viewsRosun

Fair Enough on 20:44 - Mar 3 by ColDale

We've been caught out a bit by the timing. Reckon we've had Holty all over it had he been with us once the poster went to print.

We'd need a bigger billboard.
Fair Enough on 21:34 - Mar 3 with 2345 viewsDaleiLama

Fair Enough on 21:32 - Mar 3 by Rosun

We'd need a bigger billboard.

Was about to post the same thing

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fair Enough on 07:51 - Mar 4 with 2214 viewsaleanddale

Fair Enough on 10:46 - Mar 3 by TVOS1907

Why don't you email Frances with your comments and suggestions?

She's refreshingly receptive to any form of communication and constructive criticisms/ideas from supporters, if channelled in the right way.

Just got my gold bond ticket.

Well done the club that is spot on ( additional txt )

Why would I e Mail Frances? I am a casual observer / poster / fan.. It was just an off the cuff observational gut reaction.

In no way do I think I am right and she is wrong the last thing I am is a proffesional marketeer.
Fair Enough on 08:00 - Mar 4 with 2205 viewsTVOS1907

Fair Enough on 07:51 - Mar 4 by aleanddale

Just got my gold bond ticket.

Well done the club that is spot on ( additional txt )

Why would I e Mail Frances? I am a casual observer / poster / fan.. It was just an off the cuff observational gut reaction.

In no way do I think I am right and she is wrong the last thing I am is a proffesional marketeer.

Because you raised some points she might find helpful/interesting and as I explained, she's always keen to listen to and work with fans, especially those who have many years experience of watching Dale and football in general.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024