Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spotland purchase complete 16:35 - Mar 16 with 22840 viewsColDale

Been announced on Radio Manc that the share sale has gone through today

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/42302

This post has been edited by an administrator
Spotland purchase complete on 16:42 - Mar 16 with 8055 viewsTalkingSutty

Nothing about it on the official site. Fingers crossed. If it is the case then let's maximise the feel good factor and encourage missing supporters back up to the ground, promote the purchase of season tickets in a robust manner and be a part of the bright,bold future. The Club need to go all singing, all dancing on this one.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 16:49]
Spotland purchase complete on 16:46 - Mar 16 with 8012 viewsisitme

I received the following in an email from a local Councillor (is there an election coming up soon?).

Council backs deal to secure the long-term future of Spotland stadium

The council has relinquished its shares in the company that owns and manages Spotland stadium so that the long-term future of the sporting facility and the professional clubs that use it can be secured.

The council became one of three shareholders in the company when it was set up in 1991 to safeguard the stadium, which is used by Rochdale’s professional football and rugby league clubs.

The council’s shares have transferred to the stadium company and the original outlay of £100,000 has been recovered. The third shareholder, the Rugby Football League Facilities Trust, has also sold its shares to the stadium company, whose sole remaining shareholder is now Rochdale AFC.

Loans of £529,000 the stadium company has with the council will be consolidated and repaid over nine years at commercial rates, which will help keep professional sport in the borough and reduce exposure to future risk for the council.

Rochdale Hornets Rugby League Football Club has been given a new long-term lease as part of the agreement.

Councillor Richard Farnell, the leader of Rochdale Borough Council, said: “The council has for the past 25 years supported Spotland stadium because we understand its importance to many people in the borough. Having carefully examined the details of Rochdale AFC’s proposal we are assured that it represents a good deal for Rochdale’s biggest sporting organisations and for taxpayers.”
Spotland purchase complete on 16:50 - Mar 16 with 7979 views442Dale

Great news. Well done to all involved in getting this done.

So with that off the questions agenda for the Trust/club meeting, can we find out about Chaff's bottles of water now?

And those admin fees...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Spotland purchase complete on 16:58 - Mar 16 with 7918 viewsdingdangblue

Great news!
I imagine the 1st thing they'll want to do is tie up a Stadium sponsorship - they may already have a deal inplace.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Spotland purchase complete on 16:58 - Mar 16 with 7909 viewspioneer

Spotland purchase complete on 16:50 - Mar 16 by 442Dale

So with that off the questions agenda for the Trust/club meeting, can we find out about Chaff's bottles of water now?

And those admin fees...

Yes its great news that we now own the ground. I wonder a wee bit about the terms as far as they can be extracted from the council statement.

Council get back their initial investment so protecting the local tax payer - thats great.

But Dale take on the entire debt of the stadium company (glad the agreement for paying it back is phased at reasonable amounts)

I hope some of that debt has been reflected in the price paid for the RFL shares. Otherwise the egg chaser loving public of Rochdale are being subsidised by us (again?)

OK if its what was needed to bring this affair to an end (I am not suggesting they shouldn't have gone ahead with the purchase) but it could leave a bitter taste.
Spotland purchase complete on 17:02 - Mar 16 with 7877 viewsDaley_Lama

Full statement from the club to come this evening according to Official Twitter.

#awesomenews

Poll: DF in or out

Spotland purchase complete on 17:06 - Mar 16 with 7848 viewsTalkingSutty

And those admin fees...

My moods changed completely all of a sudden from what was one of feeling sorry for fans being charged two pound admin fees, to one of elation ( I still want some robust treatment of Colin by Colin though at the next Trust meeting).

Well what a great few weeks we have had. Hillys worked wonders on a tight budget and the never ending Stadium saga as come to an end. Full credit to all those involved, they've done the Club proud. In fact they've done a bloody marvellous job.

I am now assuming the long term future of the Club is a lot more secure? If that's the case i'm going to drink some red wine tonight and celebrate.

Since the mid 1970s I've always worried about the Club going bust. It's never mattered which league we play in, the very existence of the Club is always number one priority.
Spotland purchase complete on 17:07 - Mar 16 with 7838 viewsaleanddale

wow wow and wow again.

looks like this is gathering pace.

Amazing news well done to all concerned in landing the deal.

The first job is to get the stadium Sponsored on big Money.

Dales new home "shop at Rochdale market stadium" or summat!.
Login to get fewer ads

Spotland purchase complete on 17:08 - Mar 16 with 7829 views442Dale

Spotland purchase complete on 17:06 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

My moods changed completely all of a sudden from what was one of feeling sorry for fans being charged two pound admin fees, to one of elation ( I still want some robust treatment of Colin by Colin though at the next Trust meeting).

Well what a great few weeks we have had. Hillys worked wonders on a tight budget and the never ending Stadium saga as come to an end. Full credit to all those involved, they've done the Club proud. In fact they've done a bloody marvellous job.

I am now assuming the long term future of the Club is a lot more secure? If that's the case i'm going to drink some red wine tonight and celebrate.

Since the mid 1970s I've always worried about the Club going bust. It's never mattered which league we play in, the very existence of the Club is always number one priority.

Wine? Leave your login details here and step away from the messageboard.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Spotland purchase complete on 17:19 - Mar 16 with 7759 views1mark1

Brilliant news, for both the Dale and the tax payers of Rochdale Borough. Obviously money might be tight until the club can maximise income through the ground until the loan is repaid to RMBC, so it MIGHT mean even more tight budgets for the playing side of things.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Spotland purchase complete on 17:23 - Mar 16 with 7735 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 17:08 - Mar 16 by 442Dale

Wine? Leave your login details here and step away from the messageboard.

No, I'm happy now. I've been waiting for this news for years. I wonder how much our promotion to league one and the success under Hill played in all of this? It must have given the Chairman and Directors the confidence to keep pushing the deal through. Maybe something else that can go alongside Hills achievements when he finally moves on, the success he brought to the Club helped to secure the purchase of our Stadium.
Spotland purchase complete on 17:29 - Mar 16 with 7682 viewsMoonyDale

Spotland purchase complete on 17:23 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

No, I'm happy now. I've been waiting for this news for years. I wonder how much our promotion to league one and the success under Hill played in all of this? It must have given the Chairman and Directors the confidence to keep pushing the deal through. Maybe something else that can go alongside Hills achievements when he finally moves on, the success he brought to the Club helped to secure the purchase of our Stadium.

Approx 60k a year in loan repayments for the next few years, we need some crowd increases from somewhere or Hilly may have an even smaller budget to work with.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Spotland purchase complete on 17:33 - Mar 16 with 7661 viewsSandyman

Fantastic news, After all the historic baggage and difficulties of shared ownership, and the seemingly never ending negotiations, the Dale directors have got a deal that looks most acceptable on the face of it. Very well done to them.

Shareholders EGM soon ?
Spotland purchase complete on 17:34 - Mar 16 with 7655 viewsfitzochris

Spotland purchase complete on 17:29 - Mar 16 by MoonyDale

Approx 60k a year in loan repayments for the next few years, we need some crowd increases from somewhere or Hilly may have an even smaller budget to work with.......

Or perhaps ownership will allow us to generate revenue through other means, which means we can service the debt without impacting on the playing budget.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Spotland purchase complete on 17:37 - Mar 16 with 7617 viewsDaley_Lama

We might have to sell a player occasionally to balance the books.

Poll: DF in or out

Spotland purchase complete on 17:38 - Mar 16 with 7602 viewsColDale

Spotland purchase complete on 17:37 - Mar 16 by Daley_Lama

We might have to sell a player occasionally to balance the books.

If someone decided to buy Dawson, it could be repaid in one go.
Spotland purchase complete on 17:38 - Mar 16 with 7597 viewsTalkingSutty

It's peanuts when you look at the bigger picture though. Maybe the Trust can help by concentrating fund raising for the Stadium/ Club. We do a awful lot for charity but maybe it's time to say charity begins at home for a few years? I will be much more willing to attend functions at the Club from now on if it means the money will go directly into OUR Stadium/ club or help with the loan payment.

I also want to see Hornets thrive and not be hounded by fellow Dale fans, the more successful they have the better it will benefit everybody. I hope they are here for many years to come and I have no interest in rugby whatsoever.
Spotland purchase complete on 17:39 - Mar 16 with 7594 viewsnordenblue

Spotland purchase complete on 17:06 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

We are rapidly running out of things to complain about TS!!
Well done all concerned,a brilliant period in the clubs history recently
Spotland purchase complete on 17:39 - Mar 16 with 7589 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 17:38 - Mar 16 by ColDale

If someone decided to buy Dawson, it could be repaid in one go.

What a thought that is. The way he's playing it could well happen.
Spotland purchase complete on 17:41 - Mar 16 with 7578 views100notout

Spotland purchase complete on 17:39 - Mar 16 by nordenblue

Don't worry the Gimp will be along soon I'm sure

edit Fantastic news and congratulations to those who have worked so so hard to see this though to completion!

The worrier in me would like to know the finer details to get comfortable there is no devil in the detail and no albatross around our necks (I'm sure there wont be).
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 17:46]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Spotland purchase complete on 17:46 - Mar 16 with 7537 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 17:39 - Mar 16 by nordenblue

It's the way supporters are treated/taken for granted that winds me up, not just at Rochdale but in general. Apart from that it's whinging about poor performances but isn't that a normal thing to do?

Happy with the Chairman, Directors, manager,most of the players.
Spotland purchase complete on 17:48 - Mar 16 with 7509 viewsColDale

Confirmation from the club
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-secure-full-control-of-sp

This post has been edited by an administrator
Spotland purchase complete on 17:50 - Mar 16 with 7497 viewsrochdaleriddler

And those admin fees...

and the almond milk, and vegan balti pies

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Spotland purchase complete on 17:51 - Mar 16 with 7486 viewsDale_Trust

The Race Night on the 24th March is to support the Trust, we've said we'll look to raise £7,500 for the clubs new Study Centre so funds raised on the night will help get to that total.

Still Horses available for £5 and entry on the night is free!

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/08/dale-trust-to-support-new-rafc-study-centre/

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/01/a-night-at-the-races/
Spotland purchase complete on 17:54 - Mar 16 with 7464 viewsrochdaleriddler

Spotland purchase complete on 17:34 - Mar 16 by fitzochris

Or perhaps ownership will allow us to generate revenue through other means, which means we can service the debt without impacting on the playing budget.

all stadium income is now ours, the money was put aside some time ago, heres to bigger budgets, better players

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024