Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham Match Thread 14:14 - Mar 19 with 14719 viewsLuke8686

One change from Bury.. Camps in for Lund.

Lillis, Rafferty, McNulty, Eastham, Canavan, McDermott, Camps, Allen, Rose, Mandez-Laing, Hendo.

Subs: Lancashire, Vincenti, Holt, Diba, Cannon, Syres, Hooper.
Oldham Match Thread on 18:43 - Mar 19 with 2813 viewssince58

Oldham Match Thread on 18:36 - Mar 19 by since58

Always have been always will be .

Good old Lancashire Derbies it never says gtr man derbies.
Oldham Match Thread on 18:44 - Mar 19 with 2809 views442Dale

One thing that stood out today was the amount of crosses both teams out into the box, Oldham especially. It made for a good game.

Eastham and Canavan struggled with their front two, but stuck at it. No coincidence that we win games with them in the side.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oldham Match Thread on 18:48 - Mar 19 with 2750 viewsfirgrovedale51

Oldham Match Thread on 18:31 - Mar 19 by nordenblue

You'll find we're not Mr

I think you will find we are Greater Manchester only exists for governmental purposes and the county boundary has not changed, as far back as (I think) 1974 the post office said we should keep addressing mail as Lancashire .
Oldham Match Thread on 18:58 - Mar 19 with 2656 viewsSuddenLad

Oldham Match Thread on 18:48 - Mar 19 by firgrovedale51

I think you will find we are Greater Manchester only exists for governmental purposes and the county boundary has not changed, as far back as (I think) 1974 the post office said we should keep addressing mail as Lancashire .

Royal Mail have never recognised Greater Manchester. It is merely a 'political entity' for Local Goverment purposes.

I have always lived in Lancashire and I still do.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Oldham Match Thread on 19:11 - Mar 19 with 2557 viewsnordenblue

Oldham Match Thread on 18:48 - Mar 19 by firgrovedale51

However nostalgic it makes you and others feel you'll find its in Greater Manchester whatever you fancy writing on your post cards!!
Oldham Match Thread on 19:11 - Mar 19 with 2556 viewsbatfink

Anyone know how many we took today?

Edit : and what the crowd was, if it was announced I missed it with the buzzing atmosphere
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 19:14]
Oldham Match Thread on 19:15 - Mar 19 with 2503 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

Oldham Match Thread on 19:11 - Mar 19 by batfink

Anyone know how many we took today?

Edit : and what the crowd was, if it was announced I missed it with the buzzing atmosphere
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 19:14]

We only took around 1250 apparently
Oldham Match Thread on 19:16 - Mar 19 with 2484 viewsDomDale

Oldham Match Thread on 19:15 - Mar 19 by PaulHeymanGuy

We only took around 1250 apparently

Surprises me , that, from where I was stand looked about 2/3 full. Not that it matters.
That away end will be great next season with 50 Barnet fans in it.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Login to get fewer ads

Oldham Match Thread on 19:17 - Mar 19 with 2479 views1mark1

Oldham Match Thread on 19:11 - Mar 19 by nordenblue

However nostalgic it makes you and others feel you'll find its in Greater Manchester whatever you fancy writing on your post cards!!

Both are officially correct, depending on the organisation you are dealing with.

Individuals are able to freely say they are Lancashire, or Gtr Manchester, personally I will NEVER be a manc, I am Lancastrian, a Red Rose county Rochdalian.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Oldham Match Thread on 19:19 - Mar 19 with 2472 viewsKenBoon

We fell asleep after 15 minutes. I honestly think going down to 10 men helped us. It woke us up. The defending was similar to Barnsley. Players standing about and watching. Thankfully Oldham couldn't build a lead before Hendo woke us up by getting sent off.

Everyone i've spoken to says Camp's shot was going over the bar. Their keeper looked confused too. Shout out to Holty too. Before he came on we had nothing up front. He didn't give their defenders a second and managed the players around him too. Sign him up!
Oldham Match Thread on 19:35 - Mar 19 with 2355 viewssince58

Oldham Match Thread on 19:11 - Mar 19 by nordenblue

sorry meant to vote no.
Oldham Match Thread on 19:36 - Mar 19 with 2341 viewsDomDale

Top reporting on Sky Sports. Quote about Callum Camps with a picture of Leon Best... http://www.skysports.com/football/oldham-vs-rochdale/340521

KHBA

Oldham Match Thread on 19:37 - Mar 19 with 2334 viewsD_Alien

Oldham Match Thread on 19:19 - Mar 19 by KenBoon

We fell asleep after 15 minutes. I honestly think going down to 10 men helped us. It woke us up. The defending was similar to Barnsley. Players standing about and watching. Thankfully Oldham couldn't build a lead before Hendo woke us up by getting sent off.

Everyone i've spoken to says Camp's shot was going over the bar. Their keeper looked confused too. Shout out to Holty too. Before he came on we had nothing up front. He didn't give their defenders a second and managed the players around him too. Sign him up!

If anything, I was starting to have feelings of deju vu from last season before our penalty.

They started like they'd never met each other prior to taking the pitch but we just took our foot off the gas and but for at least one crucial point blank save by Lillis it could have been a different story. But you could say the same about most games, and when it really mattered we had what it takes to take advantage early in the second half when most teams would've been playing cagily with ten men, then manage the game successfully with the introduction of Holty.

My Mom? Lillis, again. He's been nothing short of outstanding since regaining the place he should never have lost.

[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 19:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham Match Thread on 19:39 - Mar 19 with 2324 viewsTalkingSutty

Oldham Match Thread on 19:19 - Mar 19 by KenBoon

We had the first 15 minutes and the Latics improved and scored, we hadn't tested their keeper. The penalty was as much a turning point as the sending off, it was a deffo penalty but a rash challenge and gave us a way back into the game.

Ten men gave us the opportunity to concentrate on defending and focused our mind, all of a sudden there was no confusion. It sort of put more pressure on Oldham because they were expected to win against ten men and took the pressure off us. They were no longer the underdogs.

I think they will stay up though, i don't see any other teams beating them at Boundary Park this season because of the state of the pitch. Similar to the plastic one it gives them an unfair advantage and hampers the visiting team.
Oldham Match Thread on 19:48 - Mar 19 with 2262 viewsolympicdale

Oldham Match Thread on 19:36 - Mar 19 by DomDale

Top reporting on Sky Sports. Quote about Callum Camps with a picture of Leon Best... http://www.skysports.com/football/oldham-vs-rochdale/340521

Leon Clarke and Callum Camps, perfectly easy mistake to make.

The wrong scorer of the own goal, and Amadi, not Aaron Holloway, for their two goals, other than that, spot on....

Life is a game of fate.

Oldham Match Thread on 19:49 - Mar 19 with 2252 views442Dale

Oldham Match Thread on 19:37 - Mar 19 by D_Alien

If anything, I was starting to have feelings of deju vu from last season before our penalty.

They started like they'd never met each other prior to taking the pitch but we just took our foot off the gas and but for at least one crucial point blank save by Lillis it could have been a different story. But you could say the same about most games, and when it really mattered we had what it takes to take advantage early in the second half when most teams would've been playing cagily with ten men, then manage the game successfully with the introduction of Holty.

My Mom? Lillis, again. He's been nothing short of outstanding since regaining the place he should never have lost.

[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 19:39]

It would be very disappointing if Lillis left to be replaced by a risk signing like Logan in the summer. Sign the latter if the deal is good yes, but there's no reason why Lillis can't be a real asset to the club for years to come.

Still wondering where all the quality keepers are who are that much better at this level. Lillis isn't perfect, but what do we expect?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oldham Match Thread on 19:56 - Mar 19 with 2199 viewsD_Dale

Also waiting for Sky to post Dale highlights.

Watched those for Morecambe: keeper sent off after 12 minutes, sub keeper saves resultant penalty, and other on-goal efforts, then in the last minute Ryan Edwards scores a fluky own goal. Tough on the Shrimpers.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10212162/leyton-orient-1-0-morecambe
Oldham Match Thread on 20:02 - Mar 19 with 2154 viewsroccydaleian

It looks like Camps' arm tbf

Edit. They've corrected the picture now.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 21:16]
Oldham Match Thread on 20:08 - Mar 19 with 2105 viewsD_Dale

Oldham Match Thread on 19:49 - Mar 19 by 442Dale

It would be very disappointing if Lillis left to be replaced by a risk signing like Logan in the summer. Sign the latter if the deal is good yes, but there's no reason why Lillis can't be a real asset to the club for years to come.

Still wondering where all the quality keepers are who are that much better at this level. Lillis isn't perfect, but what do we expect?

Four clean sheets in the last six matches. And also the last six in which Olly Lancashire hasn't played. Won't say it's a case of that simple a link, but Eastham's long exile is a puzzle (not that I'm criticising KH as he nears the start of another century of Dale matches managed).
Oldham Match Thread on 20:14 - Mar 19 with 2039 viewsTalkingSutty

Oldham Match Thread on 19:49 - Mar 19 by 442Dale

Nobody can argue with that I don't think. You don't get perfect goalkeepers at this level but Josh does a lot of things right, he's been good all season. He's made some of the best saves I've ever seen over the years, he goes through a sticky spell at times but what player doesn't? Never really had a problem with him.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 20:16]
Oldham Match Thread on 20:16 - Mar 19 with 2009 viewsroccydaleian

Oldham Match Thread on 20:14 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

Nobody can argue with that I don't think. You don't get perfect goalkeepers at this level but Josh does a lot of things right, he's been good all season. He's made some of the best saves I've ever seen over the years, he goes through a sticky spell at times but what player doesn't? Never really had a problem with him.

I agree.
Oldham Match Thread on 20:33 - Mar 19 with 1863 viewsDomDale

Oldham Match Thread on 19:48 - Mar 19 by olympicdale

Leon Clarke and Callum Camps, perfectly easy mistake to make.

The wrong scorer of the own goal, and Amadi, not Aaron Holloway, for their two goals, other than that, spot on....

LOL. Yes, Clarke not Best. In my defence I've had a few drinks and they are both called Léon and look similar. Camps doesn't look like either though.

KHBA

Oldham Match Thread on 20:34 - Mar 19 with 1859 viewsBartRowou

Curtis Main, their closely-cropped forward, was a handful all afternoon and with the other lad, will probably give them enough fire-power to stay up. Oddly enough, he's on loan from Doncaster and his goals for Latics could send Donny down. Poor decision that one.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Oldham Match Thread on 20:35 - Mar 19 with 1840 viewsDomDale

Oldham Match Thread on 20:14 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

He had a bad spell post Injury comeback which wasn't surprising given how long he was out. Hill then fooked about with that shite lad from United which no doubt knocked Lillis confidence. Always liked him tbf and hope we stick with him.

KHBA

Oldham Match Thread on 20:36 - Mar 19 with 1840 viewsLuke8686

Wasn't at the game today but the result reminds me of our game at Orient last season. Had Eastham sent off and came from behind to win 3-2. I remember the sense of euphoria I felt after that game so I can imagine what it was like for the 1300 who went today. Tremendous fighting spirit and never-say-die attitude which is very much what our club is all about.

What a contrast to the result at Boundary Park last season, which was the beginning of the end for our playoff push. Today we overtook our corresponding points tally for last season at the end of a brilliant week. Really excited for the remaining 9 games! UTD!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024