Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go easy on us tomorrow! 17:32 - Apr 15 with 10575 viewsOrmerod89

Blackpool fan in peace. Got to be honest I can't see you guys making the play offs and so any chance you can generously donate the 3 points our way! Sure you'd sooner have a day out on the coast next season than have to head to Shrewsbury!! Here's our forum if you're passing!

http://fansonline.net/blackpool/

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 17:40 - Apr 15 with 6408 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sod off......we're on a roll, where we stop I'm not so sure but no gifts at San Spotty tomorrow!

(Agree about B'pool staying in L1 though)
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 18:06 - Apr 15 with 6338 viewsTalkingSutty

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 17:40 - Apr 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

Sod off......we're on a roll, where we stop I'm not so sure but no gifts at San Spotty tomorrow!

(Agree about B'pool staying in L1 though)

It won't be a case of us donating the points,I am expecting a difficult game tomorrow you're fighting for your life's and in pretty good form, forgetting last week.

Can you leave the Ratcliffe Arns/Social Club in one piece this time as well you buggers, I ended up spilling my pint. That was a rough day.

Anyway good luck in your biggest battle, obviously OYSTON OUT!!
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 18:10]
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 18:21 - Apr 15 with 6264 viewsrobbowood

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 18:06 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

It won't be a case of us donating the points,I am expecting a difficult game tomorrow you're fighting for your life's and in pretty good form, forgetting last week.

Can you leave the Ratcliffe Arns/Social Club in one piece this time as well you buggers, I ended up spilling my pint. That was a rough day.

Anyway good luck in your biggest battle, obviously OYSTON OUT!!
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 18:10]

Does anybody remember this game (mentoned on one of their message boards). I remember a Blackpool game where I think there was fighting on the terraces (maybe when when we could change ends at half-time?) but not sure if it was this game

"It was in 1984 that the Blackpool hooligans started to earn their reputation. In March, Rochdale F.C. were totally overwhelmed when 3,000 Blackpool fans descended on their Spotland Stadium when they usually had crowds of about 1,300. A mob of Blackpool fans went on the rampage causing “A trail of havoc” according to the Manchester Evening News headlines who continued, “21 cars were damaged, two parked vehicles overturned and 4 Police cars damaged.”[10] By April, 1984 according to the Blackpool Evening Gazette, the police were worried about an army of about 200 hooligans and vowed to drive them out."
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 18:28 - Apr 15 with 6236 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Agree that Dale will need to be ready and "up for it" tomorrow.........we were expected to wallop Doncaster two weeks ago and scrapped home with a point.....no easy games around at this time in the season.

B'pool have only 4 games left (3 away and Wigan at home) so will be fighting for every point.

Interesting comment in the Preview by Ormerod, if they go a goal down heads might drop.....Dale,you know what to do....SCORE FIRST!
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 18:31 - Apr 15 with 6223 viewsTVOS1907

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 18:21 - Apr 15 by robbowood

Does anybody remember this game (mentoned on one of their message boards). I remember a Blackpool game where I think there was fighting on the terraces (maybe when when we could change ends at half-time?) but not sure if it was this game

"It was in 1984 that the Blackpool hooligans started to earn their reputation. In March, Rochdale F.C. were totally overwhelmed when 3,000 Blackpool fans descended on their Spotland Stadium when they usually had crowds of about 1,300. A mob of Blackpool fans went on the rampage causing “A trail of havoc” according to the Manchester Evening News headlines who continued, “21 cars were damaged, two parked vehicles overturned and 4 Police cars damaged.”[10] By April, 1984 according to the Blackpool Evening Gazette, the police were worried about an army of about 200 hooligans and vowed to drive them out."

Yes, remember it well. It was certainly the worst hooliganism I've witnessed at Spotland. I think it's the game TS is referring to as well.

They've gone all Bradford on their away support, though. The crowd was 3147 and Dale had got 1263 the week before, so it seems likely there were about 2000 Blackpool fans there.

Our game against them the following season had to kick-off at 11am on police advice and I can't recall there being any bother that day.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 18:42 - Apr 15 with 6189 viewsTalkingSutty

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 18:31 - Apr 15 by TVOS1907

Yes, remember it well. It was certainly the worst hooliganism I've witnessed at Spotland. I think it's the game TS is referring to as well.

They've gone all Bradford on their away support, though. The crowd was 3147 and Dale had got 1263 the week before, so it seems likely there were about 2000 Blackpool fans there.

Our game against them the following season had to kick-off at 11am on police advice and I can't recall there being any bother that day.

Correct on all points. The worst hooliganism I've seen at Spotland also, although Hull and Wrexham also took a dislike to the Spotland air in years gone by.
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 18:49 - Apr 15 with 6171 viewsrobbowood

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 18:28 - Apr 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

Agree that Dale will need to be ready and "up for it" tomorrow.........we were expected to wallop Doncaster two weeks ago and scrapped home with a point.....no easy games around at this time in the season.

B'pool have only 4 games left (3 away and Wigan at home) so will be fighting for every point.

Interesting comment in the Preview by Ormerod, if they go a goal down heads might drop.....Dale,you know what to do....SCORE FIRST!

It could be a bit ugly tomorrow from a 'beautiful game' point of view

On their forum
Blackpool v Rochdale preview
"The Blackpool boss will therefore probably relish Saturday’s trip to Rochdale where he’ll feel justified in saying ‘same again’ as he looks to get a goal on the break and achieve a classic ‘smash and grab’ at Spotland (don’t be surprised if his tactic board had a bus parked in front of their goal). One thing that we have discovered about this side this season is that they can’t compete unless they score first. It is an astonishing statistics that McDonald’s side have failed to win when they’ve gone behind in a game and psychologically it’s almost as bad as last season’s record of failing to win on the road.

Whilst the back four have remained solid enough, the midfield has had no creativity or width whilst the Blyth/Cullen partnership hasn’t been the revelation that the Blackpool manager claimed last week. Whilst Keith Hill may kid himself that Rochdale still have a chance of the Play Offs, there’s no doubt they are the biggest threat the Seasiders have faced in recent weeks. Ironically, they have got to 8th place conceding more goals than the Seasiders, which is why the visitors can’t employ last week’s negative tactics. Similarly in their last 5 games ‘Dale have scored 16 goals and so inviting the home side to attack would be suicidal. If there was ever a game that Blackpool needed to keep shape, discipline and ball retention then it would be this one."
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 19:05 - Apr 15 with 6121 viewsTVOS1907

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 18:42 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

Correct on all points. The worst hooliganism I've seen at Spotland also, although Hull and Wrexham also took a dislike to the Spotland air in years gone by.

The resolution on these reports is too small for reading, but you can make out the gist of it all:

[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 19:07]

Login to get fewer ads

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 19:13 - Apr 15 with 6088 viewsTalkingSutty

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 19:05 - Apr 15 by TVOS1907

The resolution on these reports is too small for reading, but you can make out the gist of it all:

[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 19:07]

Mathews the Butcher, he had some quality meat!
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 19:37 - Apr 15 with 6005 viewsroccydaleian

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 18:42 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

Seem to remember it kicking off every time we played Cardiff as well.
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 19:43 - Apr 15 with 5985 viewsDomDale

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 19:37 - Apr 15 by roccydaleian

Crikey, remember them lot throwing pint pots and cutlery around the Regal before the old bill closed it for the afternoon.

Think tomorrow will be a tough contest. I actually didn't think Blackpool looked that bad when we went to Bloomfield rd. I'd much rather they stay up than Fleetwood or as the OP suggested Shrewsbury. Still, I think we will win.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 19:45 - Apr 15 with 5981 viewsrobbowood

Possibly it was the last time we played Cardiff on a Saturday

I remember coming out of the Sandy at the end of the game and there were three or four of their fans standing in the road (a few yards towards the bus shelter on the left) and with their backs to the direction of the traffic - regardless of whether they got ran over or not - and challenging any Dale fan who was within a few yards of them to 'come and have a go'!!
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 19:58 - Apr 15 with 5951 viewsDaley_Lama

Thankfully The Church is no more, for the worst trouble i have seen outside of the ground was in there against.... Blackpool.

Never understood why there were so many kick offs with the Tangerines.

Poll: DF in or out

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 19:58 - Apr 15 with 5950 viewsSuddenLad

Cardiff.

Worst I've ever seen at Spotland in terms of the percentage of away supporters being involved in disorder. Usually you get a dozen or so idiots who want to create a bit of havoc and/or disorder, maybe cause a bit of damage, but the Cardiff fans were vile bastards with an entirely different agenda.

Utter thugs. I'm sure others will remember them running amok in various parts of the ground and indiscriminately assaulting people just for the sheer hell of it.

Hope we never see that again at Spotland.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 20:06 - Apr 15 with 5918 viewsdingdangblue

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 19:43 - Apr 15 by DomDale

Crikey, remember them lot throwing pint pots and cutlery around the Regal before the old bill closed it for the afternoon.

Think tomorrow will be a tough contest. I actually didn't think Blackpool looked that bad when we went to Bloomfield rd. I'd much rather they stay up than Fleetwood or as the OP suggested Shrewsbury. Still, I think we will win.

Again - we were indebted to Josh Lillis that day.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 20:06 - Apr 15 with 5916 viewsTalkingSutty

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 19:58 - Apr 15 by SuddenLad

Cardiff.

Worst I've ever seen at Spotland in terms of the percentage of away supporters being involved in disorder. Usually you get a dozen or so idiots who want to create a bit of havoc and/or disorder, maybe cause a bit of damage, but the Cardiff fans were vile bastards with an entirely different agenda.

Utter thugs. I'm sure others will remember them running amok in various parts of the ground and indiscriminately assaulting people just for the sheer hell of it.

In the dim and distant past I remember trouble with Newport fans and also Port Vale in the Willbutts Lane stand when changing ends at half time. Also Portsmouth fans when they filled the Sandy Lane (late 70s i think). In fact during the eighties it was unusual for there not to be any trouble.
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 20:32 - Apr 15 with 5836 viewsR17ALE

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 19:58 - Apr 15 by SuddenLad

Cardiff.

A very little known fact (it was kept very secret at the time, but it's long ago now to be able to tell the tale) about Cardiff was they visited us on the opening day of the 1995-96 season, a 3-3 draw.

Cardiff fans were housed in the old Willbutts Terrace.

On the Monday sweep up of the terraces, staff were amazed to discover a loaded gun tucked away. Police were called, but it was impossible to investigate further.

Presumably they started searching home supporters at home games after this incident!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 20:44 - Apr 15 with 5800 viewsTalkingSutty

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 20:32 - Apr 15 by R17ALE

A very little known fact (it was kept very secret at the time, but it's long ago now to be able to tell the tale) about Cardiff was they visited us on the opening day of the 1995-96 season, a 3-3 draw.

On the Monday sweep up of the terraces, staff were amazed to discover a loaded gun tucked away. Police were called, but it was impossible to investigate further.

Presumably they started searching home supporters at home games after this incident!

Yes, also know about that,it's a true story.
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 20:48 - Apr 15 with 5785 viewsCamdenDale

Late 70s, early 80s, everyone was at it, even they weren't any good at it. "You'll never take the Sandy".
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:00 - Apr 15 with 5736 viewsnordenblue

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 20:44 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

Yes, also know about that,it's a true story.

I was going to mention the gun find but not sure how true it was against Cardiff,a real set of tossers.
I've been belted in the chops twice against York one away and once at home,sure it won't be the last!!
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:04 - Apr 15 with 5709 viewsSuddenLad

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:00 - Apr 15 by nordenblue

I was going to mention the gun find but not sure how true it was against Cardiff,a real set of tossers.
I've been belted in the chops twice against York one away and once at home,sure it won't be the last!!

They know you then !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:09 - Apr 15 with 5692 viewsCamdenDale

Cardiff was the worst I remember. Was proper horrible.

On the other hand, anyone got anything good to say about nature of 'pretend' hooliganism? Y'now, got the Sandy going (Moggy), prawn sandwich debate and all?
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:10 - Apr 15 with 5689 viewsSalwaDale

Not that little known, it's in one of the books about Dale.

TBBT

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:20 - Apr 15 with 5655 viewsTalkingSutty

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:09 - Apr 15 by CamdenDale

Cardiff was the worst I remember. Was proper horrible.

On the other hand, anyone got anything good to say about nature of 'pretend' hooliganism? Y'now, got the Sandy going (Moggy), prawn sandwich debate and all?

Moggies a Dale fan, he's not perfect like a lot of us, but there"s also a lot of good in him. Its more a reflection on the old days rather than whats happening now. Moggie had his day but he wasn't on his own,he was one of many. He was bloody daft at times but i quite like him.
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:20 - Apr 15 with 5653 viewsTVOS1907

Arf.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024