Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... 10:48 - Apr 19 with 8097 viewsjustanillusion

........the club adorn the website with adverts enticing the towns students to turn up at Spotland tonight and pay £1 to cheer their team on, the club appearing to be in touch with this core group of potential fans recognising their limited budgets sixth formers and apprentices survive on, and then in yesterdays Season Ticket news tell the same fans "If you want more you can have it but cough up prices of £296, £259, £222" deluded pricing for young people on no doubt min wage and meagre part time hours of work!

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/student-night-watch-dale-for-just-1-30
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 10:53 - Apr 19 with 6515 viewsD_Alien

Send this to the club.

To Colin Garlick, not Frances.

You've highlighted in a nutshell the utter stupidity of their treatment of fans. It'll come back to bite them on the arse, as lurker and others have said.

This doesn't stop me going to tonight's game in full-on Dale fan mode. I sympathise, but try not to let it spoil tonight for you - same for others in the student/apprentice category.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 11:25 - Apr 19 with 6425 viewsdawlishdale

Setting off shortly for a huge huge match, and I really hope that any negativity is not passed onto the players.

However, having slept on matters, I'm still as annoyed as I was within 5 minutes of reading the announcement. The thing that has annoyed me most is the shattering of a long held opinion that somehow, our Directors were better than those of other clubs. Yesterday has shattered that illusion. It's very much them & us from now on.

I urge those who have scored this own goal to have a re-think, and at the very least, re introduce the Early Bird prices of the last umpteen years, whilst scrapping the £10 admin fee for primary school kids (who will have to be accompanied by an adult in any case). This will not cost you much, but boy, will you regain a lot of lost goodwill...something that money can't buy.
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 11:53 - Apr 19 with 6368 viewsSJE_Dale

I do think it's a good idea for £1 entry for students tonight, and this does appeal to the set of supporters who are studying or who are young workers around the town.

But, as part of a different demographic of student myself, namely being at University, this couldn't have come at a worse time. Most University students will not be at home during this time of the year due to being in the middle of assessment and exam periods. Maybe it would have been a better idea for these to be around the holidays so that they could get the most out of students coming to the games.

I'm not knocking the idea itself for tonight's game, but more the timing of it
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 13:27 - Apr 19 with 6166 viewsseasidedale

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 11:25 - Apr 19 by dawlishdale

Setting off shortly for a huge huge match, and I really hope that any negativity is not passed onto the players.

However, having slept on matters, I'm still as annoyed as I was within 5 minutes of reading the announcement. The thing that has annoyed me most is the shattering of a long held opinion that somehow, our Directors were better than those of other clubs. Yesterday has shattered that illusion. It's very much them & us from now on.

I urge those who have scored this own goal to have a re-think, and at the very least, re introduce the Early Bird prices of the last umpteen years, whilst scrapping the £10 admin fee for primary school kids (who will have to be accompanied by an adult in any case). This will not cost you much, but boy, will you regain a lot of lost goodwill...something that money can't buy.

Playing devils advocate now, but whatever the club does is wrong, great idea for students getting in for a quid, you have to ask how many of these who want to see more would buy a season ticket anyway, surely with limited income it would be pay at the gate. We have seen countless threads about the club doing something to get supporters in, so not withstanding the current feeling over season tickets a positive move by the club. As mentioned in another thread lets all get behind the team tonight who know what can happen KHBA
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 13:38 - Apr 19 with 6125 viewsdingdangblue

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 11:53 - Apr 19 by SJE_Dale

I do think it's a good idea for £1 entry for students tonight, and this does appeal to the set of supporters who are studying or who are young workers around the town.

But, as part of a different demographic of student myself, namely being at University, this couldn't have come at a worse time. Most University students will not be at home during this time of the year due to being in the middle of assessment and exam periods. Maybe it would have been a better idea for these to be around the holidays so that they could get the most out of students coming to the games.

I know what you mean - but I think tonight is aimed at the local students at the local colleges rather than Nationally.
With it being a nice sunny day/evening and an excellent game with lots riding on it lets just hope we can get a few hundred more at the Stadium.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 13:44 - Apr 19 with 6106 viewsroccydaleian

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 13:38 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

I know what you mean - but I think tonight is aimed at the local students at the local colleges rather than Nationally.
With it being a nice sunny day/evening and an excellent game with lots riding on it lets just hope we can get a few hundred more at the Stadium.

My lad is at Rochdale Sixth Form College and non of his mates are going, shame really because it is a cracking idea.
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 13:48 - Apr 19 with 6092 viewsTVOS1907

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 13:44 - Apr 19 by roccydaleian

My lad is at Rochdale Sixth Form College and non of his mates are going, shame really because it is a cracking idea.

Where does he get his brains from?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 13:51 - Apr 19 with 6073 viewsroccydaleian

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 13:48 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

Where does he get his brains from?

The bloke on the left of your Avi...
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 16:45]
Login to get fewer ads

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 14:39 - Apr 19 with 5955 viewsrobbowood

But where exactly is the hypocrisy ????

Surely you don't expect the club to charge £1 for students to watch a match every time they come to Spotland (other than tonight which is a one-off)

Few students may wish to get a season ticket - but if they did how is £9.65 a match 'deluded pricing'

I sympathise with those on minimum wages/part-time hours but they can't afford many things in life never mind coming to football matches

Like it or not the club has to be run on business lines with as much money as possible being given to the manager to give us every chance of success on the pitch. I would all our season tickets to be £100 cheaper but not at the expense of the club being £100,000 plus worse off for the coming season before a ball has been kicked
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 14:57 - Apr 19 with 5886 viewslurker

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 14:39 - Apr 19 by robbowood

Surely you don't expect the club to charge £1 for students to watch a match every time they come to Spotland (other than tonight which is a one-off)

Few students may wish to get a season ticket - but if they did how is £9.65 a match 'deluded pricing'

I sympathise with those on minimum wages/part-time hours but they can't afford many things in life never mind coming to football matches

Like it or not the club has to be run on business lines with as much money as possible being given to the manager to give us every chance of success on the pitch. I would all our season tickets to be £100 cheaper but not at the expense of the club being £100,000 plus worse off for the coming season before a ball has been kicked

Some fair points there, but regarding your last sentence there is just as much chance of the club being £100,000 worse off come August due to the current pricing. All it takes is around 300 fans not renewing their season ticket to make it a reality.
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 15:01 - Apr 19 with 5871 viewsroccydaleian

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 14:39 - Apr 19 by robbowood

You're missing the point, as has the club. We don't know how much worse of the club would be because they've not tried anything different while having a great opportunity to, who knows if we'd be worse of anyhow, it could have been a great success offering season tickets at a heavy discount. I guess we'll never know now.
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 15:10 - Apr 19 with 5845 viewsonedalefan

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 14:57 - Apr 19 by lurker

Some fair points there, but regarding your last sentence there is just as much chance of the club being £100,000 worse off come August due to the current pricing. All it takes is around 300 fans not renewing their season ticket to make it a reality.

300 not renewing at all and say another 300 picking to miss 10 perceived poorer games adds up to nearer £150K that the club would lose without even trying. Have a bad year that impacts on the crowds as well and soon lose £250K.
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 15:30 - Apr 19 with 5799 viewsjustanillusion

"Like it or not the club has to be run on business lines with as much money as possible being given to the manager to give us every chance of success on the pitch. I would all our season tickets to be £100 cheaper but not at the expense of the club being £100,000 plus worse off for the coming season before a ball has been kicked"

Robbowood your business acumen is short sighted to say the least!

By making the price as stupid as they have for the 16 -21 age group the growth of this core section of fans is damaged beyond repair.
The mantra of football clubs is to wean supporters into the ritual of attending matches whilst young then you hopefully have them for life, our club wants to attract them to Spotland aged under 11 keep them until 16, then with deluded pricing scare em off and hope they return when they are earning a decent butty ....no continuity.......Oldham student tickets £160, Bury U23's £150....proper clubs them when it comes to retaining and growing your young fan base!
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 16:26 - Apr 19 with 5697 viewsDaleiLama

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 15:10 - Apr 19 by onedalefan

300 not renewing at all and say another 300 picking to miss 10 perceived poorer games adds up to nearer £150K that the club would lose without even trying. Have a bad year that impacts on the crowds as well and soon lose £250K.

It's pretty tough to quantify the financial impact to the club even if you knew the final numbers of fans in each category because each fan will behave uniquely, but based on the 78 (6% of season ticket holders) that have responded to the straw poll in a different thread, and projecting the %s up to the1300 season ticket holders, you get the following:

283 will renew and spend as much as normal on extras

200 will renew but will spend less on extras

350 will not renew but will attend fewer games and spend as normal

400 will not renew and attend fewer games and spend less/game

Most worryingly, 67 will stop attending or attend very rarely

If these numbers are even close to reality, the club will be clobbered very hard in the pocket region and the goolies!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 16:46 - Apr 19 with 5624 viewsaleanddale

The shining light is the kids deal.

No early bird has irked many and I can see why.

The club has shot itself in the foot and as many have pointed out!!!!

THIS WAS THE TIME!!!

Golden opportunity to get everybody renewed and with a special trial deal maybe a few hundred extra with season tickets.

There are pockets of light and hopefully those that do not renew still attend when they can and pay on the gate as and when.

There are some good deals to be had but if you 25-65 there is huge demographic that look penalised*

* unless they have kids of a school age
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 16:59 - Apr 19 with 5582 viewslurker

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 16:46 - Apr 19 by aleanddale

THIS WAS THE TIME!!!

Golden opportunity to get everybody renewed and with a special trial deal maybe a few hundred extra with season tickets.

There are pockets of light and hopefully those that do not renew still attend when they can and pay on the gate as and when.

There are some good deals to be had but if you 25-65 there is huge demographic that look penalised*

I beg to differ. I have kids of school age and fall in the age bracket you mention and I can tell you I am looking at a decent increase on last years prices to renew when you include admin charges etc.

Why does everyone keep saying the kids deal is good?
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 16:59 - Apr 19 with 5581 viewsroccydaleian

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 16:46 - Apr 19 by aleanddale

THIS WAS THE TIME!!!

Aye, but even then you can imagine, kid coming home from school...
"Dad they're giving free season tickets to kids at the Dale now"
Dad- "How you gonna get there son"
Kid- "Can you not come with me dad?"
Dad- "Mm, sounds like a good idea, how much is it in son?"
Kid- "About twenty quid, dad"
Dad...................
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 17:54 - Apr 19 with 5472 viewspioneer

THIS WAS THE TIME!!!

And its that demographic that has the spending power - dont bite the hand that feeds you
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 18:23 - Apr 19 with 5408 viewsBainesy15

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 11:53 - Apr 19 by SJE_Dale

I second this
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 18:25 - Apr 19 with 5405 viewsBainesy15

If the club advertised the tickets as such (i.e. equivalent price per match) this would be so much more appealing
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 08:57 - Apr 20 with 5187 viewsupthedale

THIS WAS THE TIME!!!

How are 22-24 year olds getting a good deal?
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 09:11 - Apr 20 with 5161 viewsdingdangblue

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 18:25 - Apr 19 by Bainesy15

If the club advertised the tickets as such (i.e. equivalent price per match) this would be so much more appealing

Surely students should have no problems working out a simple division of 23

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 10:00 - Apr 20 with 5113 viewsnordenblue

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 16:59 - Apr 19 by lurker

I beg to differ. I have kids of school age and fall in the age bracket you mention and I can tell you I am looking at a decent increase on last years prices to renew when you include admin charges etc.

Why does everyone keep saying the kids deal is good?

10 quid for a child to watch 20 odd games I'd say is a decent deal?not even 50p a game off the top of my head
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 10:18 - Apr 20 with 5057 viewslurker

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 10:00 - Apr 20 by nordenblue

10 quid for a child to watch 20 odd games I'd say is a decent deal?not even 50p a game off the top of my head

Then advertise it as such, instead of saying it is free!

It cost 0p per game for a kid 7 or under with a season ticket to get in last year. Decent price freeze that!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 10:19]
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 10:22 - Apr 20 with 5041 viewsdingdangblue

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 10:18 - Apr 20 by lurker

Then advertise it as such, instead of saying it is free!

It cost 0p per game for a kid 7 or under with a season ticket to get in last year. Decent price freeze that!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 10:19]

I hope you are going to pay back the admin fee they forgot to charge you for your free ticket this season!!
Its a great deal for me because my son has turned 8 last week - but like you said Why advertise it as FREE? £10 for the season is a cracking price - but don't dress it up as something that it isn't.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 10:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024