Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Word of Warning 10:02 - Apr 30 with 6463 viewsBoss_Hog

No junior kits in stock this morning and no warning given whatsoever to parents. Arrived early doors with two boys desperate for new kits only to be met with the line 'they haven't arrived'.

Really poor from the club and we let ourselves down badly at times like this time and time again on the retail front. I'm not one for whinging needlessly but I know from personal experience that it isn't hard to get things such as a kit launch correct.

It isn't about naming and shaming, can we please just do the basics correct and not leave parents like me with disappointed children on their hands. Poor show after a good build-up of promoting the new stock only for key sizes in my case to then not be available.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2016 10:04]
A Word of Warning on 10:04 - Apr 30 with 5173 viewsAtThePeake

Agree they've been pretty useless in not having them, but it does say on the article on the site that the junior kits will arrive at a later date.

Tangled up in blue.

A Word of Warning on 10:06 - Apr 30 with 5152 views442Dale

This is alluded to in the other thread. It's deeply disappointing that expectations were not managed in advance. How hard is it to say sorry a couple of days before?

Thankfully we didn't set off before reading the story so the disappointment was confined to one room of the house. I shut the door and told him to watch Doctor Who*

*no admin fee for getting the DVD for him.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

A Word of Warning on 10:07 - Apr 30 with 5151 viewsSuddenLad

The article on the club site is clear enough about availability to be fair.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

A Word of Warning on 10:09 - Apr 30 with 5140 viewsColDale

A Word of Warning on 10:07 - Apr 30 by SuddenLad

The article on the club site is clear enough about availability to be fair.

am guessing they didn't find out at 9 this morning. I don't think they reported in the build up that they wouldn't be available straight away.
A Word of Warning on 10:11 - Apr 30 with 5121 views442Dale

A Word of Warning on 10:09 - Apr 30 by ColDale

am guessing they didn't find out at 9 this morning. I don't think they reported in the build up that they wouldn't be available straight away.

Exactly.

Though I'm sure they'll be forthcoming with an apology now, especially as they've seen first hand how such things can affect younger supporters.

A Word of Warning on 10:13 - Apr 30 with 5107 viewsR17ALE

Agree. It isn't very professional.

What does amuse me in a perverse way is the combination of the big season ticket announcement in which a big song and dance is made over free season tickets to U11 supporters as that is the direction the club wants to go in (correctly in my view) to be followed by the big kit launch in which U11 shirts aren't available.

Only someone who really hated the club could pen a script like this!!

As for me, I just shake my head in the same manner I've been shaking it for years, before buying my season ticket, shirt and everything else (except a red shirt which is a step too far for me) and looking at my Rochdale mug which predictably is reminding me of me!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

A Word of Warning on 10:16 - Apr 30 with 5091 views442Dale

A Word of Warning on 10:13 - Apr 30 by R17ALE

Agree. It isn't very professional.

What does amuse me in a perverse way is the combination of the big season ticket announcement in which a big song and dance is made over free season tickets to U11 supporters as that is the direction the club wants to go in (correctly in my view) to be followed by the big kit launch in which U11 shirts aren't available.

Only someone who really hated the club could pen a script like this!!

As for me, I just shake my head in the same manner I've been shaking it for years, before buying my season ticket, shirt and everything else (except a red shirt which is a step too far for me) and looking at my Rochdale mug which predictably is reminding me of me!

The head shaking is something that I've become accustomed to now. I've a friend working in comms who looks at how we do things as a club, they shake their head even more.

A Word of Warning on 10:19 - Apr 30 with 5067 viewsBoss_Hog

Just for clarification there was no mention of junior kits not being available in advance, that was added around 10am this morning as confirmed by club staff when I was expressing my disappointment to them.

If it had been mentioned in advance then fair enough - still a poor show I might add and not acceptable - but it wasn't and I basically wasted my time going down to the shop as a result.
Login to get fewer ads

A Word of Warning on 10:21 - Apr 30 with 5049 views442Dale

A Word of Warning on 10:19 - Apr 30 by Boss_Hog

Just for clarification there was no mention of junior kits not being available in advance, that was added around 10am this morning as confirmed by club staff when I was expressing my disappointment to them.

If it had been mentioned in advance then fair enough - still a poor show I might add and not acceptable - but it wasn't and I basically wasted my time going down to the shop as a result.

Did they give any indication of when they will be available?

Something which could have been included in the original article. Or in advance of today.

A Word of Warning on 10:25 - Apr 30 with 5034 viewsfitzochris

A Word of Warning on 10:21 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

Did they give any indication of when they will be available?

Something which could have been included in the original article. Or in advance of today.

Would be good to know, only because my lad wants one and it makes more sense to get mine and his together.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

A Word of Warning on 10:39 - Apr 30 with 4977 viewsisitme

Having spoken to Stuart when he opened the kit boxes there were no junior kits. Space was made to display them as well.

Now people may ask why the checking of boxes was not done in advance, or why was there not an order check with the suppliers etc. In this situation how much of it is the club's fault?
A Word of Warning on 10:49 - Apr 30 with 4946 views442Dale

A Word of Warning on 10:39 - Apr 30 by isitme

Having spoken to Stuart when he opened the kit boxes there were no junior kits. Space was made to display them as well.

Now people may ask why the checking of boxes was not done in advance, or why was there not an order check with the suppliers etc. In this situation how much of it is the club's fault?

Presumably the suppliers should be communicating any issues in advance. eg " you'll be getting an order but no junior shirts".
As soon as those boxes were opened* it should have be communicated to supporters to manage expectations (*when was this?)
The club should also be now communicating their apologies and details around the expected delivery date of the kids shirts.

There's a theme in there.

A Word of Warning on 10:53 - Apr 30 with 4925 viewsTVOS1907

A Word of Warning on 10:39 - Apr 30 by isitme

I doubt the boxes were opened this morning.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A Word of Warning on 11:03 - Apr 30 with 4900 viewschuckleberry

It's not just juniors who can't buy the shirt; short girls like myself are also eliminated.
A Word of Warning on 11:07 - Apr 30 with 4879 viewsBoss_Hog

You don't need to open boxes to find out what has been delivered, this is 2016 after all. Errea will have sent dispatch notes in advance and if not received the club should be chasing them for one.

Basics if you ask me as is communicating to your customer base.
A Word of Warning on 11:11 - Apr 30 with 4854 views442Dale

A Word of Warning on 11:07 - Apr 30 by Boss_Hog

You don't need to open boxes to find out what has been delivered, this is 2016 after all. Errea will have sent dispatch notes in advance and if not received the club should be chasing them for one.

Basics if you ask me as is communicating to your customer base.

Using the effective communication channels available through the Trust, this can be followed up to find out what happened.

A Word of Warning on 11:51 - Apr 30 with 4761 viewsalderleydale

The sooner that clown Ashworth goes the better

Please bring in someone who IS capable of running a piss up in a brewery
A Word of Warning on 12:03 - Apr 30 with 4720 viewsD_Alien

A Word of Warning on 11:03 - Apr 30 by chuckleberry

It's not just juniors who can't buy the shirt; short girls like myself are also eliminated.

Eliminated? That's a bit tough - someone at the club has been watching too much Dr Who

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A Word of Warning on 12:16 - Apr 30 with 4672 viewsShun

A Word of Warning on 10:06 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

This is alluded to in the other thread. It's deeply disappointing that expectations were not managed in advance. How hard is it to say sorry a couple of days before?

Thankfully we didn't set off before reading the story so the disappointment was confined to one room of the house. I shut the door and told him to watch Doctor Who*

*no admin fee for getting the DVD for him.

Which episode?
A Word of Warning on 12:19 - Apr 30 with 4662 viewsBrierls

That is a bit of a f##k up to be fair. Kids* will be heartbroken at not being able to get a shirt on launch day.
A Word of Warning on 12:23 - Apr 30 with 4642 viewsColDale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/junior-2016-17-replica-kits-3086599.as
A Word of Warning on 12:29 - Apr 30 with 4614 viewsSuddenLad

A Word of Warning on 12:23 - Apr 30 by ColDale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/junior-2016-17-replica-kits-3086599.as

'Which arrived a few days ago"

Seems they were aware of the lack of junior shirts in advance of the launch date

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

A Word of Warning on 12:32 - Apr 30 with 4598 viewsD_Alien

It'd be a decent gesture by the club for anyone placing an order for a junior shirt in the club shop today (matchday) to give them a couple of quid off. Not sure if that could be applied in retrospect to those such as Boss Hog, unless they call in again pre-match?

Otherwise, it means supporters taking another trip to the ground if they want to pick the kit up with their kids, which is part of the excitement.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A Word of Warning on 12:51 - Apr 30 with 4517 views442Dale

A Word of Warning on 12:23 - Apr 30 by ColDale

Good to see the club responding to fans' concerns. Hopefully they can come up with something tied into Jack's Kit Sale (is that going ahead?) to maximise sales of junior shirts in the close season - get people down there on a particular date...

A Word of Warning on 12:53 - Apr 30 with 4510 viewsisitme

A Word of Warning on 12:51 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

Good to see the club responding to fans' concerns. Hopefully they can come up with something tied into Jack's Kit Sale (is that going ahead?) to maximise sales of junior shirts in the close season - get people down there on a particular date...

I heard off Stuart it wasn't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024