Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Luck Garry 17:37 - Jun 2 with 4947 viewsSgorioFruit

this is a good luck thread

chuffed to see him back in management.

dont forget Leeds will be happy to have a young manager who has done the double over United last season and finished 8th in the premier league.

imagine if Leeds take 6 points off Cardiff next season??? good times

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Good Luck Garry on 21:57 - Jun 4 with 1364 viewsmorningstar

Good Luck Garry on 21:48 - Jun 4 by monmouth

Ta - that's actually more than I thought it would have been!

Of course you must also take into account that he actually doesn't know what either of them went for.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2016 21:58]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Good Luck Garry on 22:02 - Jun 4 with 1342 viewsDarran

Good Luck Garry on 21:48 - Jun 4 by monmouth

Ta - that's actually more than I thought it would have been!

More than the useless c*nts were worth anyway considering they've got so far since.

Cañas and Pozuelo are currently taking the world by storm and Garry hated all the Spanish boys so much Amat is still here.

We really do have some thick c*nts following our results aye.(I say following our results because I don't class people who don't support the manager as supporters)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Good Luck Garry on 23:10 - Jun 4 with 1297 viewsItchySphincter

Good Luck Garry on 22:02 - Jun 4 by Darran

More than the useless c*nts were worth anyway considering they've got so far since.

Cañas and Pozuelo are currently taking the world by storm and Garry hated all the Spanish boys so much Amat is still here.

We really do have some thick c*nts following our results aye.(I say following our results because I don't class people who don't support the manager as supporters)

Don't forget Rangel left too.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Good Luck Garry on 23:11 - Jun 4 with 1296 viewsDarran

Good Luck Garry on 23:10 - Jun 4 by ItchySphincter

Don't forget Rangel left too.

Who? I

Good Luck Garry on 23:13 - Jun 4 with 1290 viewsItchySphincter

Good Luck Garry on 23:11 - Jun 4 by Darran

Who? I

eh?

Good Luck Garry on 23:15 - Jun 4 with 1283 viewsDarran

Good Luck Garry on 23:13 - Jun 4 by ItchySphincter

eh?

Exactly.

Good Luck Garry on 23:16 - Jun 4 with 1280 viewsItchySphincter

Thought so.

Good Luck Garry on 23:52 - Jun 4 with 1259 viewsdobjack2

Good Luck Garry on 21:09 - Jun 4 by Darran

F*cking bonkers that people are still talking about Garry f*cking Monk on the eve of another PL season.
Nearly as bonkers as not supporting the manager placed in charge by the board of directors.

End of the day for players and managers football is their job. Some become more attached to our club than others. The days of players spending the majority of their working life at one club are few and far between. Because of our rises through divisions we are different to most: Curt; Robbie; Leon; Rangel; tatey; monk; ash are unusual in that they had the talent to go through divisions with us.

Players, managers, shareholders will come and go. The Swans are my club, have been my club for over 45 years and always will be my club. STID are not just words to me they mean something.

Wishing luck in their new job to someone who spent a lot of their career at this club or talking about them after they have left is not bonkers in my book. Garry didn't try to feck us over. He was a rookie boss in the top division. He made mistakes, the back room team he had and assembled was not strong enough to help him through the bad times. He was making mistakes in the top division against top managers who could take advantage of them. He didn't manage in the lower divisions where a manager can get a bit of time, in the premiership the monetary stakes are so high managers arent allowed the luxury of time.

Hopefully we are better people than simply saying feck them to any player or manager that leaves the club and taking no interest in them from the point of leaving.

Both Curt and Robbie left us and both played for our neighbours. Do people shout feck him at Curt because he left the club twice?

I do agree that anyone not wanting a manager to do well us bonkers. There is however a difference between wanting managers to do well and supporting them. In recent times both Garry and Laudrup lost my support though I wanted them to do well. Should I have supported them until they were sacked and then never given them a second thought.

I think that you are better than that and that your feck them posts are tongue in cheek but I have no problem with people wishing ex players and ex managers well. It's up to them.
Login to get fewer ads

Good Luck Garry on 00:44 - Jun 5 with 1241 viewsPozuelosSideys

Suprised hes gone there. I cant believe he didnt have better offers.

If he gets it right at Leeds early on then he'll have a biggish club on his hands but its a basketcase. Even their fans think that. I can imagine him and their owner not getting on either and hes stubborn fcker as well.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Good Luck Garry on 00:48 - Jun 5 with 1237 viewsDarran

Good Luck Garry on 23:52 - Jun 4 by dobjack2

End of the day for players and managers football is their job. Some become more attached to our club than others. The days of players spending the majority of their working life at one club are few and far between. Because of our rises through divisions we are different to most: Curt; Robbie; Leon; Rangel; tatey; monk; ash are unusual in that they had the talent to go through divisions with us.

Players, managers, shareholders will come and go. The Swans are my club, have been my club for over 45 years and always will be my club. STID are not just words to me they mean something.

Wishing luck in their new job to someone who spent a lot of their career at this club or talking about them after they have left is not bonkers in my book. Garry didn't try to feck us over. He was a rookie boss in the top division. He made mistakes, the back room team he had and assembled was not strong enough to help him through the bad times. He was making mistakes in the top division against top managers who could take advantage of them. He didn't manage in the lower divisions where a manager can get a bit of time, in the premiership the monetary stakes are so high managers arent allowed the luxury of time.

Hopefully we are better people than simply saying feck them to any player or manager that leaves the club and taking no interest in them from the point of leaving.

Both Curt and Robbie left us and both played for our neighbours. Do people shout feck him at Curt because he left the club twice?

I do agree that anyone not wanting a manager to do well us bonkers. There is however a difference between wanting managers to do well and supporting them. In recent times both Garry and Laudrup lost my support though I wanted them to do well. Should I have supported them until they were sacked and then never given them a second thought.

I think that you are better than that and that your feck them posts are tongue in cheek but I have no problem with people wishing ex players and ex managers well. It's up to them.

Love you. X

Good Luck Garry on 02:47 - Jun 5 with 1226 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Good Luck Garry on 21:09 - Jun 4 by Darran

F*cking bonkers that people are still talking about Garry f*cking Monk on the eve of another PL season.
Nearly as bonkers as not supporting the manager placed in charge by the board of directors.

Whereas you barely ever mention him. You must have cheated in the steelworks entrance test, Mr thick tw@t of Neath

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Good Luck Garry on 03:49 - Jun 5 with 1217 viewsStarsky

Leeds United have suffered more than any other club from the dreaded Swansea curse:
Fede Bessone
Andy Robinson
Lee Trundle
Alan Tate
and now
Garry Monk

Good luck with that

It's just the internet, init.

Good Luck Garry on 08:36 - Jun 5 with 1172 viewsattila_the_hun

first swan/ex-swan to join Monk at Leeds ?
my moneys on Emnes

"I'm Free"

Good Luck Garry on 08:42 - Jun 5 with 1166 viewsscottishjack

Good Luck Garry on 00:44 - Jun 5 by PozuelosSideys

Suprised hes gone there. I cant believe he didnt have better offers.

If he gets it right at Leeds early on then he'll have a biggish club on his hands but its a basketcase. Even their fans think that. I can imagine him and their owner not getting on either and hes stubborn fcker as well.

He can't lose though can he? If he does well, then fine, if it all goes tits up? Well, it's Leeds, what do you expect?

Either way, good luck to him... We've had plenty of worse people at the club over the years than Garry Monk, I wish him well.
Good Luck Garry on 09:03 - Jun 5 with 1144 viewsswancity

Good Luck Garry on 23:52 - Jun 4 by dobjack2

A good post and most unusual to find one on Planetswans

In the case of Garry Monk, his first 18 months as our Manager were a great success. He reversed a slide down the league initially and then got us up to 8th place. It's possible that we will never exceed that. But two main problems were surfacing. Firstly, the goals for Gomis dried up and we lacked quality up front with Eder not good enough. And most significantly, our playing style was being changed. We were no longer entertaining and when you lose as well that spells the end for a manager.

But Garry has huge potential. He has shown he can do well in the Premier League and will have learned a lot from his mistakes. I'm pretty sure though that he's taken the wrong job. It depends on what his objectives and goals for the season are. The owners and fans will want to see them challenge for the Play Off places. It would be seen as a massive achievement if he could do that.

Anyway, best of luck Garry. I will be a Leeds fan whilst you're there YJB.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Good Luck Garry on 09:21 - Jun 5 with 1024 viewsgetcarter

Good Luck Garry on 09:03 - Jun 5 by swancity

In the case of Garry Monk, his first 18 months as our Manager were a great success. He reversed a slide down the league initially and then got us up to 8th place. It's possible that we will never exceed that. But two main problems were surfacing. Firstly, the goals for Gomis dried up and we lacked quality up front with Eder not good enough. And most significantly, our playing style was being changed. We were no longer entertaining and when you lose as well that spells the end for a manager.

But Garry has huge potential. He has shown he can do well in the Premier League and will have learned a lot from his mistakes. I'm pretty sure though that he's taken the wrong job. It depends on what his objectives and goals for the season are. The owners and fans will want to see them challenge for the Play Off places. It would be seen as a massive achievement if he could do that.

Good luck to Garry, but it was the behaviour of a certain director that damaged us last season. It was good to see nathan get a winners medal.
Good Luck Garry on 09:29 - Jun 5 with 1015 viewsItchySphincter

Good Luck Garry on 09:03 - Jun 5 by swancity

It's a huge leap to say he learn from his mistakes.

By the end of his time here he was displaying ineptitude and inflexibility on a gargantuan scale. Garry Monk doesn't do mistakes.

Good Luck Garry on 09:30 - Jun 5 with 1014 viewsDr_Winston

Good Luck Garry on 09:21 - Jun 5 by getcarter

Good luck to Garry, but it was the behaviour of a certain director that damaged us last season. It was good to see nathan get a winners medal.

So tearing up a style of play that had served us well for nearly a decade in order to shoehorn in a formation and tedious approach that suited almost none of the players we had available to us had nothing to do with our struggles last season?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Good Luck Garry on 10:14 - Jun 5 with 978 viewsCooperman

Good Luck Garry on 20:03 - Jun 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Fairplay that's a ridiculous statement. Hardly any players who've left us have gone on to be world beaters. We could have received a better transfer fee for both. That was the point. Could they still do a job for us? Undeniably so.

They were questions and not statements.

Forget the point about world beaters, they haven't got anywhere near it and I should have used a better and more appropriate phrase - such as 'what have they gone on to accomplish?'

Both moved to a region where the standard of football is pretty poor although I guess their motive was coin rather than the pursuit of glory. If we got transfer fees in the region of the figures that you are quoting I don't see these as give away's.

Of the two one is still out in the Middle East and the other has just been relegated to the Spanish 2nd Division. Not good enough for us I'm afraid.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Good Luck Garry on 14:55 - Jun 5 with 916 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Good Luck Garry on 10:14 - Jun 5 by Cooperman

They were questions and not statements.

Forget the point about world beaters, they haven't got anywhere near it and I should have used a better and more appropriate phrase - such as 'what have they gone on to accomplish?'

Both moved to a region where the standard of football is pretty poor although I guess their motive was coin rather than the pursuit of glory. If we got transfer fees in the region of the figures that you are quoting I don't see these as give away's.

Of the two one is still out in the Middle East and the other has just been relegated to the Spanish 2nd Division. Not good enough for us I'm afraid.

It's all very well selling for a minimal profit (a loss in Pablo's case) but the main point is how much are replacements going to cost??

They were bargains and fitted us well. The only reason they were both shoooed out of the club was that Garry didn't like them. How that complete arse wouldn't appreciate a creative genius like Pablo is evident in the style of football we played under his stewardship - crap, unimaginative hoof to be frank. We lost our identity big time and it nearly ruined this club. If it had gone on for a month longer we would likely have been relegated!

We replaced Chico with a player who cost £8 million pounds who to be frank isn't a patch on £2 million Chico . We downgraded and lost a further £6 million into the bargain. Over to you.............................

Good Luck Garry on 15:21 - Jun 5 with 906 viewsdonkeylabour

Good Luck Garry on 09:30 - Jun 5 by Dr_Winston

So tearing up a style of play that had served us well for nearly a decade in order to shoehorn in a formation and tedious approach that suited almost none of the players we had available to us had nothing to do with our struggles last season?

It's revisionism at its worst.

Garry Monk tried to change every facet about what made us good and in the end lost the respect of the players. The players were correct.

The decision to give him the job was where we fell down, it was a classic Swansea City style love affair full of heart and no head. Many people saw the end coming and were chased out of town for a while, but they were right.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Good Luck Garry on 15:40 - Jun 5 with 891 viewsCooperman

Good Luck Garry on 14:55 - Jun 5 by Brynmill_Jack

It's all very well selling for a minimal profit (a loss in Pablo's case) but the main point is how much are replacements going to cost??

They were bargains and fitted us well. The only reason they were both shoooed out of the club was that Garry didn't like them. How that complete arse wouldn't appreciate a creative genius like Pablo is evident in the style of football we played under his stewardship - crap, unimaginative hoof to be frank. We lost our identity big time and it nearly ruined this club. If it had gone on for a month longer we would likely have been relegated!

We replaced Chico with a player who cost £8 million pounds who to be frank isn't a patch on £2 million Chico . We downgraded and lost a further £6 million into the bargain. Over to you.............................

So you have diverted the point away from giving them away to spending more money on gash. Two different points. For the record I didn't agree with your first point but I can see where you are coming from on the £8 for FF.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Good Luck Garry on 15:58 - Jun 5 with 882 viewsSmellyplumz

Ah yeah good luck to the guy who single handedly nearly took us out of the prem, sorry my bad he also utilised his best pal beattie.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Good Luck Garry on 06:43 - Jun 6 with 817 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Good Luck Garry on 15:40 - Jun 5 by Cooperman

So you have diverted the point away from giving them away to spending more money on gash. Two different points. For the record I didn't agree with your first point but I can see where you are coming from on the £8 for FF.

Well selling a player for less than his market value IS kind of giving him away is it not??

Good Luck Garry on 08:24 - Jun 6 with 780 viewsmonmouth

I'm not getting involved in the general argument, but just to say the re-invention of Pablo as a creative genius made me smile in a Himmlerish sort of way. He played a few decent passes here and there and one absolute beauty that I'll love him forever for.

It also seems a little odd that for players Monk couldn't wait to kick out of the club Chico and Pablo played every single game they were fit on not suspended under Garry Monk, and he expressed disappointment that both had left. The words may not be relied on but the actions speak pretty loudly against the prevailing 'hatred'.

Canas now, and Pozeuelo, yes indeed, and maybe Chico and Pablo were influenced by them in their eventual departures, but it's more likely to have been the massive desert coin, no?

Monk had serious, serious weaknesses with us and thank goodness we pulled the plug, but isn't there a danger of ending up blaming him for global warming here?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024