Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane 21:55 - Jul 21 with 5017 viewsflyerdale

It's quite ironic that the weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane stand are nearly obstructing the 'see what your missing ' sign on the back of the stand. It looks unsightly and needs addressing with a strimmer asap. First impressions count.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2016 21:56]
Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 22:44 - Jul 21 with 4926 viewsrobtheb

I agree, mentioned this around same time last year. Looks terrible. So do the trees growing out of the walls. It's the little things people notice.

These days though with H&S as it is would probably involve scaffolding, safety harness, hard hats etc!
Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 22:50 - Jul 21 with 4914 views49thseason

Just need one of the groundsmen to give it a spay with this stuff:
http://www.chemigro.co.uk/Professional-Use/Strong-Weedkiller/GALLUP-360-GLYPHOSA
Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 07:12 - Jul 22 with 4734 viewsmingthemerciless

Can you use a strimmer with one hand ? Whenever I've seen the groundsman forking the ground in the past he needs one hand free for his mobile phone. Maybe he's in contact with a " spotter " who tells him where the divots are.
Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 10:23 - Jul 22 with 4546 viewsJimmyRustler

You've just offended the Sandy singing contingent..
Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 10:24 - Jul 22 with 4545 viewsD_Alien

I thought this thread was going to be about Sweetcorn and his bunch of little cretins...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 10:29 - Jul 22 with 4530 viewsTVOS1907

Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 10:24 - Jul 22 by D_Alien

I thought this thread was going to be about Sweetcorn and his bunch of little cretins...

That's a bit harsh on R17 and TTNYear...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 10:42 - Jul 22 with 4498 viewsdingdangblue

Cant they just put another sign up infront of the weeds saying 'see what you are missing' ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 11:56 - Jul 22 with 4395 viewsDaleiLama

you only sing when you're weeding ................

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 19:29 - Jul 22 with 4206 viewsDickydaler

I agree Flyerdale, first impressions do make a difference. It might sound a little nit-picky and minor, but the seats in the WMG (or whatever its called now!) were really dusty on Tuesday. (Surely a job for the Academy youngsters!)I'll be glad to get back to standing again once the season starts.
Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 02:04 - Jul 23 with 4047 viewsShun

Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 10:24 - Jul 22 by D_Alien

Sweetcorn goes in the TDS doesn't he? He used to be one of the faces on the old photo taken of the TDS used in the banner at the top of this site.
Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 18:20 - Jul 31 with 3648 viewsDaleaholic

The overgrown tree/weed at the Willbutts Lane end at the back of the Sandy Lane has been dealt with by someone I know.

It took them 30 minutes in total, including a trip to the tip.

A petrol strimmer is required to cut the weeds so if anyone has one they would be willing to let me borrow, please let me know.

People love this club and will do things for free, all the club needs to do is ask.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 19:17 - Jul 31 with 3560 views442Dale

Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 18:20 - Jul 31 by Daleaholic

The overgrown tree/weed at the Willbutts Lane end at the back of the Sandy Lane has been dealt with by someone I know.

It took them 30 minutes in total, including a trip to the tip.

A petrol strimmer is required to cut the weeds so if anyone has one they would be willing to let me borrow, please let me know.

People love this club and will do things for free, all the club needs to do is ask.

That's great stuff, well done to whoever did it. You're right too, so many fans are willing to offer assistance and help, need only look at when the pitch covers want putting on etc.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Unsightly weeds at the back of the Sandy Lane on 21:06 - Jul 31 with 3371 viewsflyerdale

Excellent a step in the right direction. Image can go a long way in attracting customers. Good luck in finding a petrol strimmer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024