Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! 00:07 - Aug 30 with 5605 viewsjustanillusion

On the eve of the competition starting the EFL and Premier League push through new disciplinary rules, namely "any EFL or Premier league player who is serving a ban or is set to serve a suspension for a yellow or red card offence is now eligible to play in the trophy games" in other words the likes of Dale etc field a side for a game that will enable the top players to maintain match fitness when sidelined through suspension!

Farce!

http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/checkatrade-trophy-new-disciplinary-rules-i
Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 00:40 - Aug 30 with 5552 viewsDaley_Lama

Makes absolute sense to me.

Imagine Tottenham getting Kane and Ali sent off receiving 1 match bans. I'm sure their manager would prefer the 1 match to be in the Checkatrade Cup making them eligible for the next Premiership game. (yes, I know Tottenham are not partaking, simply using them as an example)

This simply re-enforces my love for this competition, now there is more chance of Premiership 1st teamers playing against Dale.

Bring it on, que sera sera...

Poll: DF in or out

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 09:18 - Aug 30 with 5313 viewsJimmyRustler

Load of shite. Just makes a mockery of an already tinpot competition.
Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 09:22 - Aug 30 with 5305 viewsdingdangblue

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 00:40 - Aug 30 by Daley_Lama

Makes absolute sense to me.

Imagine Tottenham getting Kane and Ali sent off receiving 1 match bans. I'm sure their manager would prefer the 1 match to be in the Checkatrade Cup making them eligible for the next Premiership game. (yes, I know Tottenham are not partaking, simply using them as an example)

This simply re-enforces my love for this competition, now there is more chance of Premiership 1st teamers playing against Dale.

Bring it on, que sera sera...

They would still be banned for the Premier league game. They'll just be able to play in the EFL Trophy.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 10:37 - Aug 30 with 5202 viewsDaley_Lama

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 09:22 - Aug 30 by dingdangblue

They would still be banned for the Premier league game. They'll just be able to play in the EFL Trophy.

That would be unfair to the player.

A 1 match ban would turn into a 2 match ban.

This ruling is clear and logical, just and right. More power to their elbow.

Poll: DF in or out

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 21:31 - Aug 30 with 4824 views442Dale

You have to admire the people behind this.

They're relentless in their campaign to look ridiculous.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 21:44 - Aug 30 with 4776 viewsolympicdale

Fantastic low attendances across the games tonight, complete farce.

Life is a game of fate.

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 22:44 - Aug 30 with 4680 viewsAlwaysADale

Not sure how accurate..but oh dear.

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 22:49 - Aug 30 with 4655 viewsfermin

Luton make 11 changes and win, so will get fined £5000 and win £10000 in prize money. Pompey also made 11 changes and lost but are happy to just pay the fine.

Swansea Under 23s tonight consisted of 3 Welshmen, 3 Scots, a Frenchman, a Dutchman a German and two Englishmen (one of whom has played for Wales U19s) and they lost to Wimbledon.

Paul Tisdale on the bench for Exeter. Perhaps Keith Hill will do the same against Sunderland!
Login to get fewer ads

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 23:00 - Aug 30 with 4622 viewsAlwaysADale

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 07:21 - Aug 31 with 4493 viewsjustanillusion

Empty stadiums for 'farce trophy' first round !

http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/photos-showing-empty-grounds-as-fans-across-footba
Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 07:36 - Aug 31 with 4463 viewsleedsdale

Looking at those attendances, I would imagine the Sunderland gate will be 500-600.

Is it worth the club opening the Willbutts? Surely the away fans could be housed at the end of the main stand as they were when the Willbutts was being built.
Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 07:43 - Aug 31 with 4454 viewsTalkingSutty

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 22:44 - Aug 30 by AlwaysADale

Very begrudgingly I'm going to give a big shout out to the Biffos, good attendance that when compared to others. I was misguided when I said I would attend the Sunderland game, I've changed my mind.
Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 07:55 - Aug 31 with 4429 viewsColDale

It's a shame much of this farce will remain hidden by the usual transfer deadline day hype.

I'd imagine it would be better off for many of the clubs to have played last night's games behind closed doors. Clubs will have to go through the motions for the rest of this campaign but there's no rescuing the competition from this and I'm guessing we'll see the whole thing scrapped next time round.
Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 07:58 - Aug 31 with 4421 viewsTalkingSutty

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 07:55 - Aug 31 by ColDale

It's a shame much of this farce will remain hidden by the usual transfer deadline day hype.

I'd imagine it would be better off for many of the clubs to have played last night's games behind closed doors. Clubs will have to go through the motions for the rest of this campaign but there's no rescuing the competition from this and I'm guessing we'll see the whole thing scrapped next time round.

Another great example of people in high places making decisions without thinking of consulting the fans. It wouldn't happen in any other line of business.
Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 08:25 - Aug 31 with 4369 viewsKenBoon

Hopefully we can finish bottom of this attendance table. The entire thing is a farce when you consider many fans know attendances but not the scores.
Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 08:41 - Aug 31 with 4325 viewsdingdangblue

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 07:36 - Aug 31 by leedsdale

Looking at those attendances, I would imagine the Sunderland gate will be 500-600.

Is it worth the club opening the Willbutts? Surely the away fans could be housed at the end of the main stand as they were when the Willbutts was being built.

If we lose against Oxford even less will bother. Our attendances are similar to Fleetwood and they had 300 and odd fans - cant see many more than that.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 08:55 - Aug 31 with 4302 viewsupthedale

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 08:41 - Aug 31 by dingdangblue

If we lose against Oxford even less will bother. Our attendances are similar to Fleetwood and they had 300 and odd fans - cant see many more than that.

A Blackburn fan was telling me it was £20 to get in to Fleetwood for that game. I assume the pricing didn't change in the lead up to the game. Absolute madness!
Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 09:28 - Aug 31 with 4236 viewsdingdangblue

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 08:55 - Aug 31 by upthedale

A Blackburn fan was telling me it was £20 to get in to Fleetwood for that game. I assume the pricing didn't change in the lead up to the game. Absolute madness!

Speechless!

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-fleetwood-town-

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 10:24 - Aug 31 with 4160 viewsKenBoon

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 09:28 - Aug 31 by dingdangblue

Speechless!

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-fleetwood-town-

Fleetwood prices for away fans are disgusting. They do the old Membership discount thing. So home fans can make a saving but away fans in the away end cannot.
Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 10:38 - Aug 31 with 4131 viewsSaxonDale

Genuinely hope we get less than 392 next week and retain our record.
Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 11:00 - Aug 31 with 4094 viewsJimmyRustler

Reading fielded 7 foreign players in their starting line-up and a 28 year old Frenchman bagged 2 for Norwich 'u23s'. Farce.
Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 12:42 - Aug 31 with 3991 viewsTVOS1907

Checkatrade trophy gets even more farcical! on 22:44 - Aug 30 by AlwaysADale

The EFL don't help matters with their fixtures.

By giving some clubs consecutive home games on 20th August and 27th August, it meant there was a possibility of four home games on the bounce for those who progressed in the EFL Cup and then played at home in the Trophy.

This happened to Accrington, so it's no wonder their crowd was so low.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024