Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Signing..? 09:58 - Aug 30 with 11995 viewsDaleyBrent

Are we going to actually sign anyway in the remainder of this Transfer Window...

Has ANYBODY heard any rumours or do we think its going to be a quiet one..?
New Signing..? on 11:57 - Aug 31 with 3192 viewsRobRAFC23

New Signing..? on 07:26 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

You don't have to pay transfer fees though to attract decent footballers and just because we bring loan players or non contract players in doesn't mean we are not paying money for them. Players like Logan and Grant Holt don't come to Rochdale out of the goodness of their heart, we will be paying them decent wages.

Our home support is now starting to creep under 2000, the same level we had when we played in the old Fourth Division, at a time when we are going through our most successful period in the Clubs history so we aren't in a position to start paying out money on transfer fees.I don't think the Crowd has bottomed out yet, without checking, Saturday's figures show a drop of probably 600 fans since our first home game three weeks previous (25% of the fanbase). It's been a running sore for the last few years and poor decisions have made it worse. The new CE is our only hope of coming up with a plan to increase the fanbase, he's the only one with any sort of expertise on the subject.

I agree regarding the quality of some of the players that have been brought to the Club and see it as a backward step but others fans actually rate them which is their perogative obviously. I think the Stadium Takeover is confirmed, isn't it?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 7:32]

our home attendance dropping won't affect transfer budget all to much. Max it is around £11k we are losing out on with attendance drop. Wheres all the money gone for all the players we sold, such as Dawson, Done, Buckley, Lambert when he moved to liverpool (We had a sell on clause). there just some of the few names. none of that has been reinvested in the team.

Don't know how some people can think signing JT and RNL can be good positive signings at all.
New Signing..? on 12:06 - Aug 31 with 3150 viewsAtThePeake

New Signing..? on 11:57 - Aug 31 by RobRAFC23

our home attendance dropping won't affect transfer budget all to much. Max it is around £11k we are losing out on with attendance drop. Wheres all the money gone for all the players we sold, such as Dawson, Done, Buckley, Lambert when he moved to liverpool (We had a sell on clause). there just some of the few names. none of that has been reinvested in the team.

Don't know how some people can think signing JT and RNL can be good positive signings at all.

The money that we made from selling those players went into other areas such as saving for the stadium deal and increasing the wage budget allowing us to bring in players on free transfers on decent wages.

All those players you mentioned there that we sold for huge money were signed on frees by the way, showing you really don't need to spend big money on transfer fees to bring in good player at our level. Would you rather we spent £50k on a Jon Shaw again? I agree and can understand the frustration around the signings of JT and RNL but suggesting money hasn't been reinvested in the team because we aren't spending money on transfer fees just isn't true.

The stadium deal is confirmed.

Tangled up in blue.

New Signing..? on 12:22 - Aug 31 with 3064 viewsTVOS1907

Who has said they are good, positive signings?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New Signing..? on 13:18 - Aug 31 with 2902 viewsTalkingSutty

We are paying on the Stadium and the day to day running. We are also having to still pay wages at a time when our crowds are ever decreasing. We also have money in the bank which we are going to need further down the line. I don't have any worries about the money accumulated because we have a good Chairman who can be trusted to do whats best for the Club.

Hills got his budget and he signs who sees fit and to be fair dors a great job in general, although i agree about some recent signings. We have the fans forum which is in place to discuss all things Dale related and its vitally important that we keep posting our views whether they be negative or positive. People dont agree with certain signings or decisions made in the boardroom and this is the perfect place to air those views,its better than making a fool of your yourself at the Stadium.
New Signing..? on 14:02 - Aug 31 with 2806 viewsYadHoDale

New Signing..? on 12:22 - Aug 31 by TVOS1907

Who has said they are good, positive signings?

I'll make a case for Joe Thompson as a sensible signing, in the context of the (potential) long term absence of Peter Vincenti. Not a world beater by any means, but provides reasonable cover on either flank, and is a bit better defensively than NML or Donal McDermott. He has been by no means our worst player since his return. Plus, he's a known quantity to Hill, and presumably fairly low maintenance in terms of not throwing a hissy fit when dropped/substituted.

Can't see the point of RNL, though. In his brief appearances for us, Dave Syers looked far more worthy of a reprieve to fill the "injury prone attacking midfielder" slot. Or give young Hooper another go...

As far as signings go, a right sided defender is the priority. Someone like Phil Edwards, maybe (obviously not Phil himsef, as he's signed for Oxford, but someone similar). Because at the moment we have no cover for Harrison McGahey, who looks a very useful player but who may pick up a knock or a suspension.
New Signing..? on 21:09 - Aug 31 with 2641 viewsrochdaleriddler

New Signing..? on 14:02 - Aug 31 by YadHoDale

I'll make a case for Joe Thompson as a sensible signing, in the context of the (potential) long term absence of Peter Vincenti. Not a world beater by any means, but provides reasonable cover on either flank, and is a bit better defensively than NML or Donal McDermott. He has been by no means our worst player since his return. Plus, he's a known quantity to Hill, and presumably fairly low maintenance in terms of not throwing a hissy fit when dropped/substituted.

Can't see the point of RNL, though. In his brief appearances for us, Dave Syers looked far more worthy of a reprieve to fill the "injury prone attacking midfielder" slot. Or give young Hooper another go...

As far as signings go, a right sided defender is the priority. Someone like Phil Edwards, maybe (obviously not Phil himsef, as he's signed for Oxford, but someone similar). Because at the moment we have no cover for Harrison McGahey, who looks a very useful player but who may pick up a knock or a suspension.

I love how people spout off about budgets, where money has been spent, the trustworthiness of the board etc. It's a private company, how do you know? Ah you dont

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

New Signing..? on 21:16 - Aug 31 with 2616 viewsmikehunt

I still want to know what happened to the money we got for Alan Reeves.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

New Signing..? on 21:22 - Aug 31 with 2581 viewsonedalefan

New Signing..? on 14:02 - Aug 31 by YadHoDale

I agree with what was the point of resigning RNL. Been injured since the start of the season, won't be fit to come back into the match day squad even when recovered and just seems to be a complete waste of a wage that could have been used elsewhere, even though we seem to unable to sign anyone anyway. Often wonder how other teams, including ones lower than us, appear to get decent premiership / championship reserves to join on loan.
Login to get fewer ads

New Signing..? on 22:16 - Aug 31 with 2501 viewsD_Alien

New Signing..? on 21:09 - Aug 31 by rochdaleriddler

I love how people spout off about budgets, where money has been spent, the trustworthiness of the board etc. It's a private company, how do you know? Ah you dont

Many of us are, or have been, shareholders

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Signing..? on 10:02 - Sep 1 with 2292 viewsParkinsGimp

Well I and all my mates, even my Dad, who believe it or not is always positive,( I know you going to say where do I get it all from then LOL) , are seriously underwhelmed with our recruitment this season. Davies has a very poor track record as did Andrew. I dont care if Andrew wins headers, they produce nothing, therefore no point. JT was never good enough first time round, RNL was very poor and cannot see the point of this at all. Been quietly surprised with McGahey, hes okay as a solid defender but no distribution. Canavan would be okay as cover but I think he has too many mistakes in his locker to allow the team to push on from last season. This latest signing from Cambridge isnt promising if he cant even catch in a team bottom of League Two WTF.
Add onto this the distasteful behaviour of our manager and the buffoon of a director and it isnt looking great.
Please prove me wrong, otherwise it will be an awful season of struggle and malcontent. Not a place to enjoy visiting.
New Signing..? on 10:20 - Sep 1 with 2262 viewsTVOS1907

New Signing..? on 10:02 - Sep 1 by ParkinsGimp

Well I and all my mates, even my Dad, who believe it or not is always positive,( I know you going to say where do I get it all from then LOL) , are seriously underwhelmed with our recruitment this season. Davies has a very poor track record as did Andrew. I dont care if Andrew wins headers, they produce nothing, therefore no point. JT was never good enough first time round, RNL was very poor and cannot see the point of this at all. Been quietly surprised with McGahey, hes okay as a solid defender but no distribution. Canavan would be okay as cover but I think he has too many mistakes in his locker to allow the team to push on from last season. This latest signing from Cambridge isnt promising if he cant even catch in a team bottom of League Two WTF.
Add onto this the distasteful behaviour of our manager and the buffoon of a director and it isnt looking great.
Please prove me wrong, otherwise it will be an awful season of struggle and malcontent. Not a place to enjoy visiting.

You're surprised with McGahey because he's not as bad as you'd like him to be.

Davies's track record is far better than Henderson's when we signed him.

You're slagging off Keane who hasn't even played yet. NML played for Cambridge too and he hasn't turned out too bad, has he, although you've stopped slagging him off now.

I'll give you Thompson and RNL, but everything else is the same bile you spout every time you post.

And I'll ask again, even though you never reply, where do we find the money to bring in players of the high calibre you seem to expect?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 10:46]

New Signing..? on 10:39 - Sep 1 with 2226 viewsmacro

New Signing..? on 10:20 - Sep 1 by TVOS1907

You're surprised with McGahey because he's not as bad as you'd like him to be.

Davies's track record is far better than Henderson's when we signed him.

You're slagging off Keane who hasn't even played yet. NML played for Cambridge too and he hasn't turned out too bad, has he, although you've stopped slagging him off now.

I'll give you Thompson and RNL, but everything else is the same bile you spout every time you post.

And I'll ask again, even though you never reply, where do we find the money to bring in players of the high calibre you seem to expect?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 10:46]

Isn’t it obvious? No to me either!

I wonder if he’s related to the person on Facebook who was spouting similar views but adding an accusation that CD has been pocketing the clubs profits! I think the fact that without sales and add ons the club runs at a loss goes over some peoples head.
New Signing..? on 10:47 - Sep 1 with 2200 viewsTVOS1907

New Signing..? on 10:39 - Sep 1 by macro

I wonder if he’s related to the person on Facebook who was spouting similar views but adding an accusation that CD has been pocketing the clubs profits! I think the fact that without sales and add ons the club runs at a loss goes over some peoples head.

Someone really said that? That's pathetic.

New Signing..? on 10:50 - Sep 1 with 2192 viewsD_Alien

New Signing..? on 10:47 - Sep 1 by TVOS1907

I'd go further, I'd say libellous. Just as well CD is able to rise above such things. Good job the idiot in question didn't mention a certain other director!

New Signing..? on 10:52 - Sep 1 with 2182 viewsmacro

New Signing..? on 10:47 - Sep 1 by TVOS1907

Unfortunately so.
New Signing..? on 10:52 - Sep 1 with 2059 viewsdingdangblue

New Signing..? on 10:39 - Sep 1 by macro

Talking of sales and add ons - with none of our young players being subject to any offers (although there was a rumour of an offer for Camps rejected) - the situation looks bleak for making any decent money from them. Allen,Cannon and Camps are all out of contract at the end of the season, unlikely to sign extensions. They are hardly going to leave in Jan with only a few months till they are free agents. Yes we will receive compensation having brought them through our Academy but it will be nothing like a transfer fee.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New Signing..? on 10:55 - Sep 1 with 2052 viewsmacro

New Signing..? on 10:52 - Sep 1 by macro

Unfortunately so.

This was one of the quotes

Them excuses are dire hahaha it's not that it's that greedy f****r chairman Chris all it is with Rochdale is loan after loan after loan what happend with Scott Hogan money, Le Fondre Money, Lambert Money, Holt Money, Dagnall money ohh yeah straight into his pocket for himself and still just loans... Guy is shite
New Signing..? on 10:57 - Sep 1 with 2043 viewsmacro

New Signing..? on 10:52 - Sep 1 by dingdangblue

Talking of sales and add ons - with none of our young players being subject to any offers (although there was a rumour of an offer for Camps rejected) - the situation looks bleak for making any decent money from them. Allen,Cannon and Camps are all out of contract at the end of the season, unlikely to sign extensions. They are hardly going to leave in Jan with only a few months till they are free agents. Yes we will receive compensation having brought them through our Academy but it will be nothing like a transfer fee.

I reckon at least 2 of those will sign new deals
New Signing..? on 11:43 - Sep 1 with 1958 viewsTalkingSutty

New Signing..? on 10:55 - Sep 1 by macro

Them excuses are dire hahaha it's not that it's that greedy f****r chairman Chris all it is with Rochdale is loan after loan after loan what happend with Scott Hogan money, Le Fondre Money, Lambert Money, Holt Money, Dagnall money ohh yeah straight into his pocket for himself and still just loans... Guy is shite

Ridiculous comments,the Chairman should have taken that further.
New Signing..? on 11:43 - Sep 1 with 1953 viewsdingdangblue

New Signing..? on 10:57 - Sep 1 by macro

I reckon at least 2 of those will sign new deals

I really hope so - and maybe that's why we've been recruiting cheaply so we can offer decent deals to those 3 that they will sign - we wouldn't stand in their way if the right offers came in anyway should they leave under contract, but it would be a travesty if they ran out their contracts - unfortunately agents get involved these days and wages for a free agent player could be huge compared to what we can offer.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New Signing..? on 11:43 - Sep 1 with 1954 viewsD_Alien

I'd be suing. These pillocks need to be taught a lesson, like losers who threaten women online.

New Signing..? on 12:40 - Sep 1 with 1888 viewsColDale

He might have a point with the Dagnall money
New Signing..? on 09:27 - Dec 12 with 1414 viewsaleanddale

New Signing..? on 10:02 - Sep 1 by ParkinsGimp

Think you have been proven wrong...

Read your own post and weep!.

Not a place to enjoy visiting? It's been absolutely superb recently...
New Signing..? on 09:41 - Dec 12 with 1385 viewsD_Alien

New Signing..? on 09:27 - Dec 12 by aleanddale

Think you have been proven wrong...

Read your own post and weep!.

Not a place to enjoy visiting? It's been absolutely superb recently...

Classic ParkinsGimp

Carry on PG, this forum wouldn't be quite as hilarious without you

New Signing..? on 09:54 - Dec 12 with 1354 viewsdownunder

New Signing..? on 09:41 - Dec 12 by D_Alien

Classic ParkinsGimp

Carry on PG, this forum wouldn't be quite as hilarious without you

PG's Tips aren't my cup of tea either.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024