Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Players in January 12:23 - Nov 21 with 9013 viewsBriscwmjack

We all realise the need for New Players in January, i would like to see at least 5 players arriving, Would like to take Luke Ayling from Leeds at Right Back, think Sakho would a preffered central defensive signing, but would also be very happy to raid Bighton for Lewis Dunk, All three players are very commited and are very communative players. Robbie Brady from Norwich is too good for the championship, Also qould very much like to see two Forwards arriving, i would like Scott Hogan who is scoring for fun in the Championship, would also sign Jordan Rhodes who is out of favour at Boro, and would welcome a New Challenge.My thoughts an one thing is certain we need a Big Boost in January.
New Players in January on 12:45 - Nov 21 with 5636 viewsDaggyjack

Are you signings based on us being strong in the Championship next season?
New Players in January on 13:00 - Nov 21 with 5582 viewsmax936

We need at least one centre mid and probably two decent wingers first and foremost.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2016 16:23]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

New Players in January on 13:04 - Nov 21 with 5557 viewsjackal

Ulloa' s being linked again.

A proven Premier League goal scorer with the right attitude. I'm in.
New Players in January on 13:11 - Nov 21 with 5518 viewsmissingmel

All championship level players apart from Sakho. Planning for next season with those unfortunately
New Players in January on 13:14 - Nov 21 with 5505 viewsOldjack

If we're still in the mix at the wrong end of the table,no one of real note will come here ,plus the Yanks are hardly likely to dip into their own pockets .It wouldn't surprise me in the least if a couple of cheap of MLS players climb aboard though

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

New Players in January on 13:17 - Nov 21 with 5494 views34dfgdf54

New Players in January on 13:04 - Nov 21 by jackal

Ulloa' s being linked again.

A proven Premier League goal scorer with the right attitude. I'm in.

Never a Plan B though is there? Another big striker with very little mobility.
New Players in January on 13:20 - Nov 21 with 5486 viewsmissingmel

New Players in January on 13:17 - Nov 21 by 34dfgdf54

Never a Plan B though is there? Another big striker with very little mobility.

3 Cart Horses upfront, bound to keep us up!
New Players in January on 14:55 - Nov 21 with 5289 viewsblueytheblue

Never understand the lurve for Jordan frigging Rhodes.

Gets goals, sure - when things are laid on a plate for him. other than that, he's anonymous in games.

I may be mistaken, but your current strikers aren't scoring due to a lack of service? Rhodes would improve that how? He's about as much use in a relegation battle as something not very useful.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Login to get fewer ads

New Players in January on 15:03 - Nov 21 with 5264 viewsmonmouth

New Players in January on 14:55 - Nov 21 by blueytheblue

Gets goals, sure - when things are laid on a plate for him. other than that, he's anonymous in games.

I may be mistaken, but your current strikers aren't scoring due to a lack of service? Rhodes would improve that how? He's about as much use in a relegation battle as something not very useful.

Rhodes is as dogshit as Gestade. Could never understand the hype for either. We have strikers of that type if we want to play them, without buying yet another heap of toley.

We need attacking fullbacks, a solid centre back, some pace, drive and go forward in midfield and a winger that can beat a man, cross and shoot. Thank you Santa.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Players in January on 15:05 - Nov 21 with 5252 viewsOldjack

New Players in January on 14:55 - Nov 21 by blueytheblue

they can't even get a game now !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

New Players in January on 15:11 - Nov 21 with 5232 viewsAnotherJohn

A creative midfielder would top my wish list. Full backs are also a priority.
New Players in January on 15:33 - Nov 21 with 5197 viewsmajorraglan

What happens in the January window will to a large extent be determined by where we are in the league. I believe that if we are truly cut adrift at the bottom and it is looking like we are nailed on to go down, it is going to be very difficult to persuade a lot of players to join us unless we are throwing silly money about which is not the Swansea way. If we have improved and are moving in the right direction, then we have a good chance of staying up. The OP has thrown a lot of names in the mix, I personally can't see us signing many players from "top" Championship clubs as clubs like Leeds will hold out for top dollar which we won't pay, what I think will happen is that we will look to take a few players in on loan, players who will hopefully want to prove a point and strengthen the squad. We have lots of areas in need of consolidating, I am not sure signing Ulloa should be one of our priorities unless they are offloading Borja. The deficiencies are there for all to see, we could have Ian Rush up front and it would make very little difference, no service equals no chances = no goals.
New Players in January on 15:48 - Nov 21 with 5158 viewspencoedjack

A leader of men in the centre of midfield who will bollock those around him if they don't give 100% ..... preferably decent ball winning midfielder with a bit of bite about them

Whats Bodde up to these days ?
New Players in January on 16:43 - Nov 21 with 5047 viewsyescomeon

Like to see Brady here. We need to strengthen out wide, badly, Brady plays on the left too, probably the weakest position in the squad.

Upthecity!

New Players in January on 16:48 - Nov 21 with 5030 viewsDyfnant

New left back, a link midfielder and a left winger. All need to be starters not back ups or potential.
If it has to be a cheap option midfielder than get JDG back

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

New Players in January on 16:53 - Nov 21 with 5011 viewsAnotherJohn

New Players in January on 15:48 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

A leader of men in the centre of midfield who will bollock those around him if they don't give 100% ..... preferably decent ball winning midfielder with a bit of bite about them

Whats Bodde up to these days ?

Don't know about Bodde, but Michu scored at the weekend. He hasn't been prolific since his double in his first game back for Oviedo, but has been playing for the majority of the games with no major injury breaks, and has quite a few assists.

New Players in January on 18:15 - Nov 21 with 4873 viewsicecoldjack

If the yanks had a shred of ambition RE signings then what better way than to have signed Joe Allen in July.

It would have given the club a huge boost, shown they are to be taken seriously and would have been the perfect launch for their ownership. ..They did none of that, so I'd be surprised if they go shopping for what we need in January.

Follow the money folks !
New Players in January on 18:27 - Nov 21 with 4842 viewsWingstandwood

New Players in January on 18:15 - Nov 21 by icecoldjack

If the yanks had a shred of ambition RE signings then what better way than to have signed Joe Allen in July.

It would have given the club a huge boost, shown they are to be taken seriously and would have been the perfect launch for their ownership. ..They did none of that, so I'd be surprised if they go shopping for what we need in January.

Follow the money folks !

I honestly believe if the club is cut adrift in precarious circumstances come January the best that can be hoped for will be extremely weak tokenistic gesture signings or no signings at all. Maybe a loan signing(s) agenda is the best hope in those circumstances? And if the club does get relegated expect a mass clearout of players and mass redundancies of SCFC club staff. This club staff issue will indeed further blacken the actions of the sellout scum.

Ordinary people will pay for their despicable actions.

Argus!

New Players in January on 18:40 - Nov 21 with 4814 viewskarnataka

New Players in January on 18:27 - Nov 21 by Wingstandwood

I honestly believe if the club is cut adrift in precarious circumstances come January the best that can be hoped for will be extremely weak tokenistic gesture signings or no signings at all. Maybe a loan signing(s) agenda is the best hope in those circumstances? And if the club does get relegated expect a mass clearout of players and mass redundancies of SCFC club staff. This club staff issue will indeed further blacken the actions of the sellout scum.

My biggest fear if we are still in the bottom 3 in January is not that we won't sign any players but that we will start to offload top earners like Siggy, Fab, etc making relegation a cast iron certainty.

There has been a lot of discussion about the departures of Williams and Ayew but I am convinced the Americans looked at the players salaries and gave instructions to get rid of top earners such as these 2 as well as getting Gomis out as well. If things still look dodgy in 6 weeks time, that cull of the highest paid may continue and Siggy and Fab will probably be the first to go.
New Players in January on 18:46 - Nov 21 with 4804 viewsDr_Winston

New Players in January on 18:27 - Nov 21 by Wingstandwood

If the club is adrift in precarious circumstances then perhaps a clearout and the start of a rebuild/revamp with a view to bouncing straight back up would be the smarter move.

Of course, that would require a manager with a strong tactical plan and vision for a decent style of play plus a club willing to facilitate him building that team rather than picking his players for him so it's not going to happen.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Players in January on 18:47 - Nov 21 with 4799 viewsWingstandwood

New Players in January on 18:40 - Nov 21 by karnataka

My biggest fear if we are still in the bottom 3 in January is not that we won't sign any players but that we will start to offload top earners like Siggy, Fab, etc making relegation a cast iron certainty.

There has been a lot of discussion about the departures of Williams and Ayew but I am convinced the Americans looked at the players salaries and gave instructions to get rid of top earners such as these 2 as well as getting Gomis out as well. If things still look dodgy in 6 weeks time, that cull of the highest paid may continue and Siggy and Fab will probably be the first to go.

I would not put anything past them bearing in mind the way the takeover was done. I share your concern because its a 100% genuine thing.

Argus!

New Players in January on 19:16 - Nov 21 with 4746 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Good players will not come here now we find ourselves in such a precarious position.

It is too late. We had the opportunity to buy quality such as Allen, Ziyech, Bony and others in the Summer.

Instead we wasted ~£10m on Llorente, probably £25m on Baston and the rest of them which are no way an improvement on players we previously had playing in those positions in this league.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

New Players in January on 19:17 - Nov 21 with 4749 viewsDarran

We're signing Andy Carroll. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Players in January on 21:45 - Nov 21 with 4611 viewsawayjack

New Players in January on 18:40 - Nov 21 by karnataka

I don't see the yanks spending anything of note in Jan. They've clearly put recovering what they paid to the sell outs as a priority. If we are 8-10 Pts adrift I suspect they'll look to make £50m+ in the inflated Jan window by selling Siggy, Fabs, Borja etc.. With pay cuts, extra TV money and next years balloon they'll get their outlay back. Then flip us on for a decent profit.
New Players in January on 21:52 - Nov 21 with 4590 viewsRancid

A keeper.We have to sign another goalkeeper or we're down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024