Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday Supplement 09:46 - Jan 1 with 3576 viewsowainglyndwr

Saying what mess we are in, only Siggy is a decent player.
Every word that they are saying is true
Sunday Supplement on 09:49 - Jan 1 with 2877 viewsTheFranchise

Yup. Said Monk started the move away from attractive passing football and that the owners and board are making mistake after mistake.
Sunday Supplement on 09:50 - Jan 1 with 2861 viewsKennedy

Yep, and agree with them that it all started with Monk.

We are a mess on and off the pitch.

Just call me JFK

Sunday Supplement on 09:50 - Jan 1 with 2843 viewsDr_Winston

Sunday Supplement on 09:49 - Jan 1 by TheFranchise

Yup. Said Monk started the move away from attractive passing football and that the owners and board are making mistake after mistake.

But we finished 8th mun.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sunday Supplement on 09:52 - Jan 1 with 2817 viewsTheFranchise

Sunday Supplement on 09:50 - Jan 1 by Dr_Winston

But we finished 8th mun.

We won a cup before him :)
Sunday Supplement on 09:56 - Jan 1 with 2785 viewsPawelAbbott

The sad thing is that the egos keep blinding them from the truth.
HJ has never been able to pick a decent player and yet he still insists on doing it!
Our recent history is littered with dreadful signings but occasionally a manager came in with some ideas and glossed over it.
There is a very lengthy list of expensive mistakes but he believes his own hype and keeps doing it
Sunday Supplement on 09:56 - Jan 1 with 2784 viewsowainglyndwr

Sunday Supplement on 09:49 - Jan 1 by TheFranchise

After listening its quite frightening, the chance of losing Siggy.
Manager comimg in who they think will not be good enough.
No structure anymore.
Should of resigned Brendan when we had a chance

What I find worrying now is we coild be in free fall not justvfor the rest of this season but the next few.
This has the 80s written all over it again.
Thank you Swans board.
You greedy bastards
Sunday Supplement on 10:03 - Jan 1 with 2742 viewsTheFranchise

Cards on the table, I think we need relegation.

I'm going to get berated for this but we need to regroup, much like West Brom have done in the past.

Go down, get rid of the deadwood in playing staff, board members and reclaim our identity.

To survive now just delays the inevitable crash. We stay up, we still don't have the finances to replace all the players that need to go.

Our numbers aren't sustainable.

Go down, start using our lovely new academy to produce players for our team. Take a season or two to balance the books and then come back up and expand the stadium.
Sunday Supplement on 10:03 - Jan 1 with 2731 viewsRevJames

Sunday Supplement on 09:50 - Jan 1 by Dr_Winston

But we finished 8th mun.

But it catches up with you eventually, which it has.

Nobody should be surprised at the mess we are in.

I'm struggling to think of any business that wouldn't be continually reviewing it's performance and in our case, based on such a dramatic self implosion, asking whether it has the right people making the big decisions.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunday Supplement on 10:14 - Jan 1 with 2645 viewsThornburyswan

Sunday Supplement on 10:03 - Jan 1 by TheFranchise

I'm going to get berated for this but we need to regroup, much like West Brom have done in the past.

Go down, get rid of the deadwood in playing staff, board members and reclaim our identity.

To survive now just delays the inevitable crash. We stay up, we still don't have the finances to replace all the players that need to go.

Go down, start using our lovely new academy to produce players for our team. Take a season or two to balance the books and then come back up and expand the stadium.

Afraid to say I completely agree with you, if we could I'd 'declare' now & spend the next 6-months working with the go forward Championship squad.
Sunday Supplement on 10:18 - Jan 1 with 2618 viewsTheFranchise

Get rid of whoever we can now while they have any value.

The failure to capitalise on our lack of competition in the area is part of it. The stadium should be much bigger by now.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 10:19]
Sunday Supplement on 10:28 - Jan 1 with 2537 viewsepaul

I'm really not bothered anymore, I've accepted were going down and am ready for the championship and seeing us play the swansea way under Clement, can't effing wait #whoarewe

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Sunday Supplement on 10:30 - Jan 1 with 2511 viewsclloy2

Sunday Supplement on 10:18 - Jan 1 by TheFranchise

Get rid of whoever we can now while they have any value.

The failure to capitalise on our lack of competition in the area is part of it. The stadium should be much bigger by now.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 10:19]

Yesterday the stark truth was laid bare for all to see. We have ended up with the situation where our wage bill on the playing staff is 65m allegedly. Average weekly wage 40-60k, the top earners close to 100k and for what ?
A side that would struggle to survive in the championship, bang average players stealing a living. We have a team that has no pace/power, cannot put a tackle in and have no desire or fight to keep us in the league. If I was paying 65m a year on wages for my players I would hope to see something positive for it in return. What a real mess we have now become on and most importantly where it it all starts -off the pitch. Its a shame Harry Potter didn't put his name in the hat for the vacant job, because its going to take more than a mere top coach/manager to sort this little mess out.!!
Sunday Supplement on 10:45 - Jan 1 with 2416 viewsLeonWasGod

If only it was as simple as being able to chose when to get promoted though. I fear what would happen once we're relegated. And I'm not convinced we'd get rid of board members.

WBA is an interesting case. They've been poor for the last couple of seasons, but have a very experienced manager turning them round despite no obvious superstars in the team. That's what we need at this point in time, but with Clement's appointment I suspect you'll get your wish.

We're in for a bumpy ride.
Sunday Supplement on 10:55 - Jan 1 with 2358 viewsicecoldjack

Sunday Supplement on 10:30 - Jan 1 by clloy2

Yesterday the stark truth was laid bare for all to see. We have ended up with the situation where our wage bill on the playing staff is 65m allegedly. Average weekly wage 40-60k, the top earners close to 100k and for what ?
A side that would struggle to survive in the championship, bang average players stealing a living. We have a team that has no pace/power, cannot put a tackle in and have no desire or fight to keep us in the league. If I was paying 65m a year on wages for my players I would hope to see something positive for it in return. What a real mess we have now become on and most importantly where it it all starts -off the pitch. Its a shame Harry Potter didn't put his name in the hat for the vacant job, because its going to take more than a mere top coach/manager to sort this little mess out.!!

Laudrup always said you need to spend money to stay still in the prem league.

The difference was he didn't want 7 players from huw from the lower leagues on 10-20k a week just wanted 3 quality players ok 30 k a week who he could pick.

It all comes down to ego. The club got busted on ego !!

We all know which was the best way forward, the only people to fook it all up were huw,monk and the British clique .

Said it ages ago, the wrong clique won out.

Far too much ego from the likes if ash,monk,taylor far too much ego from the board ,far too much ego from members of the trust, they were all covering each other and patting each other on the back while objective questioning about stadium expansion and player investment was always ridiculed.

Makes me angry . So many fans could see it unravel before our eyes but the propaganda machine kept saying " in huw we trust "
Anyway all done and dusted , shame the Sunday suppliment couldn't have been on this much much sooner.

The worry is how far the swans will fall, all because nobody down there was prepared to be objective and play fook when we sell for £20m and buy for £5m .
Sunday Supplement on 11:23 - Jan 1 with 2250 viewscostalotta

Sunday Supplement on 09:56 - Jan 1 by owainglyndwr

After listening its quite frightening, the chance of losing Siggy.
Manager comimg in who they think will not be good enough.
No structure anymore.
Should of resigned Brendan when we had a chance

What I find worrying now is we coild be in free fall not justvfor the rest of this season but the next few.
This has the 80s written all over it again.
Thank you Swans board.
You greedy bastards

I remember the 80s fall and to me this does have similarities but is no way the same. Totally different circumstances. Back then we were averaging 14k crowds in top Division without sky money. We had some bad luck with injuries. We'd overspent so it was more a combination. The gap between the top two divisions was no wehe like today so we should have been streets ahead of the teams coming up, but hey ho, our DOF can spot a player and we don't need experts, only roofers and vending machine salesmen as of course they know much more about football than those they've employed to run the club.

A particular trait of leadership that huge wedgkins doesn't have is knowing when to delegate!
Sunday Supplement on 11:33 - Jan 1 with 2172 viewsclloy2

Sunday Supplement on 11:23 - Jan 1 by costalotta

I remember the 80s fall and to me this does have similarities but is no way the same. Totally different circumstances. Back then we were averaging 14k crowds in top Division without sky money. We had some bad luck with injuries. We'd overspent so it was more a combination. The gap between the top two divisions was no wehe like today so we should have been streets ahead of the teams coming up, but hey ho, our DOF can spot a player and we don't need experts, only roofers and vending machine salesmen as of course they know much more about football than those they've employed to run the club.

A particular trait of leadership that huge wedgkins doesn't have is knowing when to delegate!

my only hope, is that the Americans would have witnessed enough poor performances now to realise that our said DOF should not get anywhere near player recruitment under their ownership. Furthermore, as punishment for his recent failings, and to avoid putting Alan through that horrible experience yesterday, if he was spouting the message that the current squad was more than capable of holding their own this season, then he should have been put in charge yesterday. and made to stand on the touchline, to show us what a capable squad they are. Then he would have felt the full fury of the fans anger.
Sunday Supplement on 11:43 - Jan 1 with 2085 viewsmonmouth

Sunday Supplement on 10:28 - Jan 1 by epaul

I'm really not bothered anymore, I've accepted were going down and am ready for the championship and seeing us play the swansea way under Clement, can't effing wait #whoarewe

I still hope we'll stay up, but I don't think there's much hope.

But stay up or go down, it's the same prescription for me. As you say Paul. Reboot, regroup and start from first principles again. Bring a little bit of Bayern with you Paul. High press, 90 minutes, incisive passing, Arjen Robben.....ok maybe the last one is a bit ambitious.

Use the parachute money windfall (or full monty if we stay up) wisely, not in cossetting overpriced overpaid lazy cowardly arseholes.

Oh and be responsible and don't siphon all the cash out to yourselves, like the previous bunch of our 'fans' did, ok boys.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sunday Supplement on 11:47 - Jan 1 with 2050 viewscostalotta

Do you really trust HUge Wedgkins to actually have th competence to do this? What evidence is there?

To illustrate this point it took shims years to get rid of tom butler, he's extended the contracts of the OAPs. This is the last guy I'd trust to be able to do this. He's a facking clown and must be removed immediately.

For me, I'd rather fight now!
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 11:49]
Sunday Supplement on 11:52 - Jan 1 with 2022 viewsWatchman

Sunday Supplement on 11:43 - Jan 1 by monmouth

I still hope we'll stay up, but I don't think there's much hope.

But stay up or go down, it's the same prescription for me. As you say Paul. Reboot, regroup and start from first principles again. Bring a little bit of Bayern with you Paul. High press, 90 minutes, incisive passing, Arjen Robben.....ok maybe the last one is a bit ambitious.

Use the parachute money windfall (or full monty if we stay up) wisely, not in cossetting overpriced overpaid lazy cowardly arseholes.

Oh and be responsible and don't siphon all the cash out to yourselves, like the previous bunch of our 'fans' did, ok boys.

Parachutes will be used for two reasons only 1 yank pay offs and 2 to fund the academy everything else will be stripped away

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Sunday Supplement on 11:53 - Jan 1 with 2013 viewsswancity

Unrealistic, laughable and idealistic

You get relegated. Then what. Possibly again and again. It's a runaway train. Finances do not stack up. Attendances drop. No money coming in. You're in a whirl pool of uncertainty.

You do not pick and choose when you get relegated and promoted. But one thing for certain, after fighting tooth and nail to achieve something you do not wish to throw it all away.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Sunday Supplement on 12:04 - Jan 1 with 1958 viewsWatchman

Sunday Supplement on 11:53 - Jan 1 by swancity

You get relegated. Then what. Possibly again and again. It's a runaway train. Finances do not stack up. Attendances drop. No money coming in. You're in a whirl pool of uncertainty.

You do not pick and choose when you get relegated and promoted. But one thing for certain, after fighting tooth and nail to achieve something you do not wish to throw it all away.

Unless done deliberately

Sunday Supplement on 12:08 - Jan 1 with 1931 viewscostalotta

"you do not pick and choose when you get relegated and promoted. But one thing for certain, after fighting tooth and nail to achieve something you do not wish to throw it all away."

Unless of course you have an over inflated ego and have taken credit for all the success before the relegation.
Sunday Supplement on 12:12 - Jan 1 with 1900 viewsmagicdaps10

The mistakes had a chance to be rectified in the summer after Guidiolin kept us up. The trouble was that they were more interested in making sure the takeover happened and they got their money.

The threat of relegation did delay the takeover last season but i am sorry, it all boiled down to greed that is the reason why we find ourselves in the position we are in today.

If the board did not sell then i am sure that we would have Joey Allen in our team and Ash would have stayed, Brendan Rodgers in as manager and money to play with from the sale of Ayew.

The board did the wrong thing and at the worst possible time. No thought of consequences but only of what they will get out of it personally.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sunday Supplement on 12:12 - Jan 1 with 1891 viewsWatchman

Attendances should not drop significantly however the club will have difficulty in attracting back all those fans they sheeite on in the prem season ticket give away just before the 1st season in the prem
People have long memories and some people are about to find out

Sunday Supplement on 12:25 - Jan 1 with 1827 viewsDewi1jack

Sunday Supplement on 11:52 - Jan 1 by Watchman

Parachutes will be used for two reasons only 1 yank pay offs and 2 to fund the academy everything else will be stripped away

If our wage bill is around £59 million and we strip back the cost of Siggy, Fab and a couple of others.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/english-premier-league-wage-bills-club-by-club

Take into account the relegation clauses of say 50%
Get rid of all the staff who got jobs because of who they're related to/ know and I reckon our wage bill is still going to be well above the £16 million parachute payment
Don't forget our Eastern cousins owner is still coughing up around a million a month of his own cash.
Not long ago we were p1ssing ourselves laughing at them and Tannies 7% loans.

Guess what.
Hope our Merrycans are as benevolent and have deep pockets.
I still don't think that they're the money men either.
Just a front for someone else.
And that's the bit that really worries me.

Thanks sh1t hoteier, Beaky, Dimwit, Van Tw@ and all the other so called supporters who flogged the club without looking for proper investors.
With support and skill sets like yours, we really don't need any enemies do we?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024