Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Discuss... 21:23 - Jan 19 with 10377 viewsMoonyDale

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/matchday-drummer-wanted-35

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Discuss... on 14:21 - Jan 20 with 2727 viewsMoonyDale

No what the club should have done is put it to the fan base to find out what we thought of the idea, if the majority were in favour then we get a drum, if not we don't...Simple really.

Discuss... on 14:27 - Jan 20 with 2699 viewsrochdaleriddler

Discuss... on 14:21 - Jan 20 by MoonyDale

No what the club should have done is put it to the fan base to find out what we thought of the idea, if the majority were in favour then we get a drum, if not we don't...Simple really.

Like a brexit referendum 😳

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Discuss... on 14:32 - Jan 20 with 2692 viewsjudd

Not that I condone it in any way, but if someone is going to give the drummer a good snotting then I hope the club appoints Phil Collins.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Discuss... on 14:38 - Jan 20 with 2669 viewsnordenblue

Discuss... on 10:18 - Jan 20 by SandyDrum

Excuse me? Please point out exactly in my comment where I said anything like that.

Unless you're the guy that came up to me outside the ground threatening to knock me out for banging a drum then that's a pretty uncalled for comment.

I was approached by the club to do it to try and help improve the atmosphere, I agreed to do it.

I was threatened outside the ground and was sent abusive messages in return.

The reason I stopped was because I wanted to enjoy the football again, so no I don't think ' most fans come to the football to listen to that all fooking game and go home with a headache'.

Thanks.

I've better things to do thanks than threaten some guy banging a drum,my comment was aimed at the club not you personally, the clue was "the whole idea" part of my post.

It would suggest there's a few others not so in favour Id say,if they're willing to go to them sort of lengths to let you know....
Discuss... on 14:41 - Jan 20 with 2650 viewsnordenblue

Discuss... on 10:44 - Jan 20 by rochdaleriddler

Uncalled for abuse, you could have just said you weren't in favour of it

Thanks for your opinion...
Discuss... on 15:08 - Jan 20 with 2602 viewsDaleiLama

Discuss... on 14:21 - Jan 20 by MoonyDale

I suspect there will be NIMBYs all over the ground. Not convinced this will fly. I can't feel it coming in the air tonight (just for you Judd!)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Discuss... on 15:23 - Jan 20 with 2561 viewsjudd

Discuss... on 15:08 - Jan 20 by DaleiLama

I suspect there will be NIMBYs all over the ground. Not convinced this will fly. I can't feel it coming in the air tonight (just for you Judd!)

Easy, lover.

Poll: What is it to be then?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:33 - Jan 20 with 2538 viewsMoonyDale

Discuss... on 15:08 - Jan 20 by DaleiLama

Login to get fewer ads

Discuss... on 15:37 - Jan 20 with 2520 viewsdawlishdale

This is a good idea from the club, designed to boost the often subdued atmosphere in the ground. I understand the players and management are in favour of it.

However, it should be in conjunction with the announcement of a "singing section" and perhaps brought in from the start of next season so that anyone who isn't in favour can move elsewhere.
Discuss... on 15:38 - Jan 20 with 2516 viewsShun

Discuss... on 08:59 - Jan 20 by SandyDrum

One of the multitude of reasons I stopped doing it is due to threats of physical violence outside the ground from some fans who didn't want the drum so good luck to whoever takes over the reins!

Hopefully now the club have advertised that it is their idea and not just some random guy walking into the ground with a drum these people might be a little more forgiving.

A real shame. I may be wrong but I think it was only in place for two home matches and it genuinely seemed to add to the atmosphere and, as far as I can recall, comments on here after the games were generally very positive.
Discuss... on 15:49 - Jan 20 with 2490 viewsdingdangblue

Discuss... on 08:59 - Jan 20 by SandyDrum

One of the multitude of reasons I stopped doing it is due to threats of physical violence outside the ground from some fans who didn't want the drum so good luck to whoever takes over the reins!

Hopefully now the club have advertised that it is their idea and not just some random guy walking into the ground with a drum these people might be a little more forgiving.

Was it this fella who threatened you?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Discuss... on 16:57 - Jan 20 with 2419 viewsrochdaleriddler

Discuss... on 14:38 - Jan 20 by nordenblue

I've better things to do thanks than threaten some guy banging a drum,my comment was aimed at the club not you personally, the clue was "the whole idea" part of my post.

It would suggest there's a few others not so in favour Id say,if they're willing to go to them sort of lengths to let you know....

Don't think the club has an arse to stick an idea up , the club does have a few arses as fans, as you have proven

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Discuss... on 17:12 - Jan 20 with 2386 viewsnordenblue

Discuss... on 16:57 - Jan 20 by rochdaleriddler

Don't think the club has an arse to stick an idea up , the club does have a few arses as fans, as you have proven

It does appear you're right there's definitely more than one....probably the most accurate post you've ever written so fair play on that one.....
Discuss... on 17:31 - Jan 20 with 2344 viewsoff2div1

Hope the drummer plays in the pearl st or main stand.This grumpy old git doesn't want it int Sandy.Why not get an Organ player like the American Soccer teams had when we attack they play faster music.
Discuss... on 17:36 - Jan 20 with 2324 viewsColDale

Discuss... on 17:31 - Jan 20 by off2div1

Hope the drummer plays in the pearl st or main stand.This grumpy old git doesn't want it int Sandy.Why not get an Organ player like the American Soccer teams had when we attack they play faster music.

The problem with drummers at certain grounds is that the drummer feels the need to drum along to every song making the atmosphere a cross between an Ice Hockey game and an England U21 match. It should support the atmosphere, not dictate the atmosphere.
Discuss... on 17:57 - Jan 20 with 2026 viewsmingthemerciless

I can't stand drummers at games. If they ever brought one to Hornets game it wouldn't be long before the drummer was wearing the bloody thing.
Discuss... on 18:03 - Jan 20 with 2016 viewsflyerdale

It's a no from me aswell I'm afraid. Nothing worse than someone playing a musical instrument down your lughole while your trying to watch a game. All a bit 1990's aswell, been done before many years ago in the pearl street and didn't work then either.
Discuss... on 20:25 - Jan 20 with 1916 viewsR17ALE

Discuss... on 17:57 - Jan 20 by mingthemerciless

I can't stand drummers at games. If they ever brought one to Hornets game it wouldn't be long before the drummer was wearing the bloody thing.

Like you, I'm not keen on drums, but I doubt the Hornets situation you describe would happen.

They would be more likely to add the drum onto the 'gate'.

I'm with flyerdale on this. Musical instruments and football simply don't mix. The atmosphere could do with a boost however, and having thought long and hard on this, the only way to give it a boost is to get more people into the ground.

There is no other solution - certainly not the one when York tried introducing "canned" crowd noise over the tannoy circa 1995 much to everyone's amusement.

However, given what we currently endure on our tannoy, it suddenly doesn't seem quite as unappealing!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Discuss... on 23:39 - Jan 20 with 1828 viewsrochdaleriddler

So out of 2500 home fans 6 miserable turds don't like it, bring it on mofos

Discuss... on 23:47 - Jan 20 with 1820 viewsTVOS1907

Discuss... on 23:39 - Jan 20 by rochdaleriddler

That assumes all 2500 home fans post on here, tbf.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Discuss... on 00:03 - Jan 21 with 1809 viewsoff2div1

Discuss... on 23:39 - Jan 20 by rochdaleriddler

Just tell us were you sit and we can plonk drummer at the side of you?
Discuss... on 07:34 - Jan 21 with 1738 viewsmingthemerciless

Discuss... on 20:25 - Jan 20 by R17ALE

Like you, I'm not keen on drums, but I doubt the Hornets situation you describe would happen.

They would be more likely to add the drum onto the 'gate'.

I'm with flyerdale on this. Musical instruments and football simply don't mix. The atmosphere could do with a boost however, and having thought long and hard on this, the only way to give it a boost is to get more people into the ground.

There is no other solution - certainly not the one when York tried introducing "canned" crowd noise over the tannoy circa 1995 much to everyone's amusement.

However, given what we currently endure on our tannoy, it suddenly doesn't seem quite as unappealing!

Why use this to have a dig at Hornets ? I don't get it. Relations are good between the two clubs at the moment, I suppose you're not happy with that situation.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 7:35]
Discuss... on 09:32 - Jan 21 with 1675 viewsR17ALE

Discuss... on 07:34 - Jan 21 by mingthemerciless

Why use this to have a dig at Hornets ? I don't get it. Relations are good between the two clubs at the moment, I suppose you're not happy with that situation.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 7:35]

Because I don't like them and never will.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Discuss... on 10:36 - Jan 21 with 1604 views100569

Its a very big NO from me. I too hate drummers in grounds.
Discuss... on 10:39 - Jan 21 with 1597 viewsmingthemerciless

How many fans will having a drummer attract ? How many fans will a drummer p--s off enough for them to give a ' Dale game a miss ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024