Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 10:22 - May 7 with 15575 viewsted_hendrix

Let's be having yer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Match Thread on 14:17 - May 7 with 1852 viewsLblock

Chokes me to say it but.... "Ollie - mission (somehow) accomplished and we've stayed up, thanks, goodbye and enjoy your punditry"

Should Gary Monk become available then this has to happen very, very quickly

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Match Thread on 14:18 - May 7 with 1852 viewsisawqpratwcity

Match Thread on 14:08 - May 7 by derbyhoop

There's barely been anything positive to say about this season.
The football under JFH was dreadful.
Bringing in Olly smacks of desperation, after failing to attract Rowett again.
Biggest home defeat in our history.
Losing 6 on the bounce. Twice.
Conceding far too many goals.
Not scoring enough. Every decent team needs a 1 in 3 striker. We haven't had any coming close.
Parachute payments dropping again. And we're still making losses.

The recruitment over the summer needs to be spot on.

Starting with a new manager.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Match Thread on 14:18 - May 7 with 1844 viewsMedwayR

I always thought that Holloway until the end of the season made sense but that a 2 1/2 year deal was a big risk. The trouble is we've invested in him now, signing his players and appointing Penrice as well as his pre-season trip to Portugal so we have to give him next season unless we're in a relegation scrap. Let's see what the summer brings...

Poll: Who’s better?

Match Thread on 14:21 - May 7 with 1806 viewsBlackCrowe

Ah but Leicester had the premier league 10s of millions backing them up. We haven't and foolishly gave him a 2.5 years contract.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Match Thread on 14:22 - May 7 with 1794 viewsMelakaRanger

If IH loves the club as much as he says he does he must leave tonight. Totally unacceptable form since he arrived . There's no room for sentiment if the board wants us to be challenging next year.

If Holloway stays then I'm sure that by November he will be sacked and another season wasted by TF and his pals.

TF just never learns. He's just too nice a person. We need a ruthless Chairman - like Gregory - to get this club back to winning ways. And I don't think TF can be ruthless.
Match Thread on 14:23 - May 7 with 1766 viewsDejR_vu

Match Thread on 14:21 - May 7 by BlackCrowe

Ah but Leicester had the premier league 10s of millions backing them up. We haven't and foolishly gave him a 2.5 years contract.

Let's hope his conscience is bigger than his ego and he resigns

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Match Thread on 14:24 - May 7 with 1763 viewsAntti_Heinola

Match Thread on 14:18 - May 7 by MedwayR

I always thought that Holloway until the end of the season made sense but that a 2 1/2 year deal was a big risk. The trouble is we've invested in him now, signing his players and appointing Penrice as well as his pre-season trip to Portugal so we have to give him next season unless we're in a relegation scrap. Let's see what the summer brings...

Well, you can't keep him just because we booked a tour!
And Penrice is only a consultant - the fact he doesn't appear to be full time maybe hints at the Board not being too sure about Ollie.
We've only signed Smith, who is a decent back-up, and Freeman, who is a good player, and Goss, who might be a good player, so not too many worries there either.

For once, I agree with LBlock. If Leeds do something stupid, I'd be in like a shot for Monk. Feel slightly for Les and Hoos. Rowett would have been the right appointment - Birmingham's brain fade happened just too late for us.

Look at Liverpool. Rodgers got a lot of stick, but he's a decent manager. He hadn't really done enough to be fired, not really. But Klopp was available. Same with us. If Monk or a decent equivalent is suddenly on the market and interested, I think we have to make the tough decision.

I always thought we sacked JFH too early - I also think we sacked him for less than what Holloway's given us.

Bare bones.

Match Thread on 14:25 - May 7 with 1744 viewsTacticalR

Match Thread on 14:06 - May 7 by W13R

Ollie is not the answer, never was, never will be, no matter what a nice bloke he is.

F**cking embarrassing that Brentford seem to be a better run club than us at the moment who also play decent football. What a fall from grace, surely there must be somebody out there who can get us playing flowing football what we was renowned for back in the day. I know not all the current crop up are up to it but surely not all of them are that crap that cannot play a passing game like most good teams in this league?

Brentford got beaten 5-0 at Norwich.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 14:26 - May 7 with 1734 viewsJigsore

So... Alex Neil is out of a job

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Match Thread on 14:32 - May 7 with 1680 viewsAntti_Heinola

Match Thread on 14:22 - May 7 by MelakaRanger

If IH loves the club as much as he says he does he must leave tonight. Totally unacceptable form since he arrived . There's no room for sentiment if the board wants us to be challenging next year.

If Holloway stays then I'm sure that by November he will be sacked and another season wasted by TF and his pals.

TF just never learns. He's just too nice a person. We need a ruthless Chairman - like Gregory - to get this club back to winning ways. And I don't think TF can be ruthless.

I don't think his ruth is the problem. He's sacked Warnock early, gave Hughes as long as he could - ok, could've sacked Redknapp when we went down, but we did go back up. Sacked Ramsey inside 9 months, JFH in a year.

For me I think...

1. Warnock - sacked too early.
2. Hughes - never looked the right fit, but was entitled to hope for miles better than he got from Hughes.
3. Redknapp - wrong appointment, saddled the club with ludicrous signings. But I'm biased. I could never stand Redknapp.
4. Ramsey - fine for the interim boss, but wrong decision to give him the job - even if he didn't do half as badly as people make out IMO.
5. JFH - Smart, sensible, forward looking appointment. Still think we sacked too early, agree football was not great, but last spring I was impressed and I don't think people appreciated what a huge job it was to replace Austin, Hoilett, Fer and Phillips in such a short space of time. Three of those were despised, but all were goal threats and potential match winners.
6. Ollie - Can see why they did it. Disagreed with them. Then when we were on that good run I was happy to be wrong. Now, I'm not so sure.

BUT the club is being run much better, there's no doubt about that. The problem is, all that behind the scenes stuff takes time to show elsewhere.

Bare bones.

Match Thread on 14:35 - May 7 with 1646 viewsJamesB1979

Should have sacked redknapp after we got promoted not as relegated. That's being ruthless.
Match Thread on 14:37 - May 7 with 1626 viewsTacticalR

At least we sacked Alec Stock after winning the League Cup. That's how it's done!

Air hostess clique

Match Thread on 14:38 - May 7 with 1611 viewskensalriser

Priority number 1 for the club now must be to identify a suitable manager. And we are going to have to sign two or three quality players even to stay in this division next year, never mind attempt to finish top 6 - we're miles away from that right now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Match Thread on 14:46 - May 7 with 1522 viewskropotkin41

Well that was some birthday present from Rangers. Erm.......... thanks, lads.

That was a sh*tty season and no mistake. Still, see you all in August assuming that we're not all trying to survive in smoking ruins, that Loft for Words has survived, and that a massive Tory majority doesn't force me to go and live in the deep woods somewhere with nothing but a penknife and a flint and steel for company.

Have a good summer all.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Match Thread on 14:50 - May 7 with 1483 viewsisawqpratwcity

Match Thread on 14:46 - May 7 by kropotkin41

Well that was some birthday present from Rangers. Erm.......... thanks, lads.

That was a sh*tty season and no mistake. Still, see you all in August assuming that we're not all trying to survive in smoking ruins, that Loft for Words has survived, and that a massive Tory majority doesn't force me to go and live in the deep woods somewhere with nothing but a penknife and a flint and steel for company.

Have a good summer all.

Do you expect Holloway to be here in August?

Match Thread on 14:52 - May 7 with 1456 viewsisawqpratwcity

Congrats to Southend_Rss for winning the Prediction League.

Match Thread on 14:55 - May 7 with 1429 viewsLincoln_Hoop

One spell of six straight defeats is worrying. Two is simply not good enough at all. Never mind giving him a pre season and ten games next season to see how he is going to fare, the club need to act now. We need to get out of this vicious circle of sacking in October, because by then it's too late.

Why did Ollie tinker to the extent that he did when we weren't even mathematically safe?
Match Thread on 14:59 - May 7 with 1379 viewsTacticalR

Match Thread on 14:32 - May 7 by Antti_Heinola

I don't think his ruth is the problem. He's sacked Warnock early, gave Hughes as long as he could - ok, could've sacked Redknapp when we went down, but we did go back up. Sacked Ramsey inside 9 months, JFH in a year.

For me I think...

1. Warnock - sacked too early.
2. Hughes - never looked the right fit, but was entitled to hope for miles better than he got from Hughes.
3. Redknapp - wrong appointment, saddled the club with ludicrous signings. But I'm biased. I could never stand Redknapp.
4. Ramsey - fine for the interim boss, but wrong decision to give him the job - even if he didn't do half as badly as people make out IMO.
5. JFH - Smart, sensible, forward looking appointment. Still think we sacked too early, agree football was not great, but last spring I was impressed and I don't think people appreciated what a huge job it was to replace Austin, Hoilett, Fer and Phillips in such a short space of time. Three of those were despised, but all were goal threats and potential match winners.
6. Ollie - Can see why they did it. Disagreed with them. Then when we were on that good run I was happy to be wrong. Now, I'm not so sure.

BUT the club is being run much better, there's no doubt about that. The problem is, all that behind the scenes stuff takes time to show elsewhere.

TF started out with a club in the Premiership and a manager who got us there.

He's been in a tailspin ever since trying to get back to where he started.

Air hostess clique

Match Thread on 14:59 - May 7 with 1377 viewsNW10Hoop

Match Thread on 14:50 - May 7 by isawqpratwcity

Do you expect Holloway to be here in August?

I have a funny feeling he'll be gone by the end of the day. QPR and TF have been silent since full time on social media. That only seems to happen when shit is getting real.
Match Thread on 15:01 - May 7 with 1364 viewsJigsore

I actually managed to win one of the clubs 'guess the XI' thing the other week. Won a copy of Football Manager signed by Holloway - might end up being a collectors item

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Match Thread on 15:16 - May 7 with 1255 viewsNW10Hoop

Match Thread on 14:59 - May 7 by NW10Hoop

I have a funny feeling he'll be gone by the end of the day. QPR and TF have been silent since full time on social media. That only seems to happen when shit is getting real.

Actually, it sounds like he intends to stay. Talking about a 6 week pre season and having as good a summer as we had last January in the transfer window.
Match Thread on 15:23 - May 7 with 1208 viewsW13R

Match Thread on 14:25 - May 7 by TacticalR

Brentford got beaten 5-0 at Norwich.

And beat us twice and finished higher in the league, what's your point?

I don't want to sound like a Chelscum fan the way they view us but it's just not good enough.
Next season will be a disaster if Ollie is in charge, like I said surely there must be better options out there? And before you ask, no I don't have a clue who it should be.
Match Thread on 15:28 - May 7 with 1175 viewsisawqpratwcity

Match Thread on 15:23 - May 7 by W13R

And beat us twice and finished higher in the league, what's your point?

I don't want to sound like a Chelscum fan the way they view us but it's just not good enough.
Next season will be a disaster if Ollie is in charge, like I said surely there must be better options out there? And before you ask, no I don't have a clue who it should be.

I don't know who his replacement should be either, but Holloway has shown he is not good enough.

Now is the best time to make the change.

Match Thread on 15:36 - May 7 with 1136 viewsstuabd

It all seems very predictable. Olly has lost a lost of goodwill after is latest run, but he'll be able to talk his way into keeping his job.

He'll have an average start followed by a bad couple of defeats and gone at the usual 10 game into the season mark.
Match Thread on 15:42 - May 7 with 1093 viewsJAPRANGERS

Match Thread on 15:28 - May 7 by isawqpratwcity

I don't know who his replacement should be either, but Holloway has shown he is not good enough.

Now is the best time to make the change.

Yes I'm sure everyone would agree that if there is going to be a managerial change, now is the time to do it. Gives the new man maximum time to get things going. But won't happen though will it?

But christ what a fkin way to end the season. a 4-0 defeat.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024