Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy with that!! 17:22 - Aug 26 with 7930 viewsTalkingSutty

Of course playing against 10 me at home you expect to nick the game but when you factor in our defensive problems and injuries I am pretty happy with that point today.

The defenders have had pelters and they have been well deserved, today they need a pat on the back. Big Jim was my man of the match but Rafferty pushed him close. A positive cameo from substitute Brown,during the second half he defended well and put in a very good shift. Matty Done was strangely quiet and man of the match Williams did nothing to deserve that accolade, but Allen, Cannon and Henderson put in decent performances.

Bury are a dismal outfit, bereft of ambition and team spirit. A collection of expensively assembled players who seem to be lacking in desire. I think Hill will be happy tonight, all things considered.Our season is yet to ignite but it will do.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 19:05]
Happy with that!! on 21:46 - Aug 26 with 2271 views1907

Happy with that!! on 21:14 - Aug 26 by D_Alien

We don't need your assurance, we'll make our own minds up based on a longer run of games

You just asked me a question? Bore off D_Alien
Happy with that!! on 22:29 - Aug 26 with 2140 viewsD_Alien

Happy with that!! on 21:46 - Aug 26 by 1907

You just asked me a question? Bore off D_Alien

is there anything - anything? - more boring than someone who slags off one of our lads, gets proven wrong, then comes back to do the same again? Rest assured, there's only one bore between us two, and i'll take my cue from the positive responses of others

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Happy with that!! on 10:36 - Aug 27 with 1874 viewsaleanddale

Brown was much improved yesterday..

Awful v Scunny but credit where due he stood up today and did not shirk his responsibilies..

lets give the lad half a chance. If he improves by the same amount again by the time we face Blackburn that would be more than good enough.

Frustrating afternoon and a really poor derby. In Hilly we trust.
Happy with that!! on 10:41 - Aug 27 with 1863 viewsscarrow

Happy with that!! on 20:17 - Aug 26 by rochdaleriddler

He's crap

No that’s your comment.

Poll: Final position

Happy with that!! on 12:47 - Aug 27 with 1722 viewsDaveDave

Happy with that!! on 20:46 - Aug 26 by Sandyman

Today's game was between two equally clueless and awful teams. Certain individual performances deserve merit but as a viewing spectacle for the paying fan, it was utter gash. Like our last home game.

This seemed to be the concensus of fans I spoke to after the game. Two occasionals who each paid £20 for the pleasure of watching that nightmare in Pearl St left 10 minutes early and won't be going again for a while. I have a season ticket and can agree that it looks like a waste of time turning up. It's just not good to watch even when you are willing them on against local rivals.

Keith unhappy.
Eden unhappy.
Chaos at the Sandy Lane / Ratcliffes entrance with Graham Rawlinson down there trying to simmer it down.
Who hit the self destruct button ?

It seems to have gone unnoticed that yesterday a number of non-season ticket holders in the Main Stand were trying to sit in reserved seats before the match begun only to be informed by regulars around them that they could not do this. I overheard a number of them say that the stewards told them that they could do this. When this was pointed out to one of our directors there was an announcement over the tannoy that season ticket holders only were permitted to sit in the said seats.
Did anyone notice this happening anywhere else around the ground?

Happy with that!! on 14:23 - Aug 27 with 1646 viewsShun

Southend and Blackburn are our next two league games. Both very tough games and at present I can't see us claiming our first win in either of them.

Having said that, our first win last season came unexpectedly but deservedly well into September against a high-flying Fleetwood when Hill sprang a few surprises, including moving Bunney to left-back. Similarly, a few seasons ago our first win of the season came at Crewe when the team-sheet was equally surprising, with the previous season's left-back playing up front.

In conclusion, Hill's bizarre formations and team selections are clearly done for a reason, and eventually they come good.
Happy with that!! on 19:54 - Aug 27 with 1417 viewsJames1980

It appeared that once down to 10 men Bu*y parked the Dennis Dart and left Beckford up front to try and get something by hitting Dale on the break. Not entirely sure it was inspirational tactics to defend against. However the team did what was needed to keep a clean sheet and a loss of concentration could have seen a different result.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Happy with that!! on 21:01 - Aug 27 with 1343 viewsrochdaleriddler

Happy with that!! on 10:41 - Aug 27 by scarrow

No that’s your comment.

He is and you need to take the blinkers off, a bury fan when asked what were his qualities said ' a decent throw' that's it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Happy with that!! on 21:02 - Aug 27 with 1338 viewsrochdaleriddler

Happy with that!! on 22:29 - Aug 26 by D_Alien

is there anything - anything? - more boring than someone who slags off one of our lads, gets proven wrong, then comes back to do the same again? Rest assured, there's only one bore between us two, and i'll take my cue from the positive responses of others

The clique, many of whom are the same person ' echo chamber'

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024