Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
bUrY red card rescinded 21:25 - Aug 30 with 2801 viewscon_dale

I paused and took it frame by frame and he clearly handles the ball outside the box!
Do the dubious card people have any other camera angles than the one we get from sky Sports?
bUrY red card rescinded on 21:34 - Aug 30 with 2762 viewsTVOS1907

Yes, he does handle outside the box. They haven't said he didn't.

Their argument is that Dale weren't denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity, which is debatable given Matt Done's proximity to the incident.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

bUrY red card rescinded on 22:21 - Aug 30 with 2644 viewsJames1980

On the subject of red cards. Is it possible Hill and Keane have fallen out after the Portsmouth game. In the post match interview Hilly agreed with the sending off entirely if I recall correctly. No, I understand but perhaps it was a little harsh considering..... We will review it before the deadline but I doubt we will be appealing the red card.
Someone sat next to me at the Pompey game was adamant that Keane had not denied a goal scoring opportunity, saying the red was extremely harsh. Just thought perhaps the sending off and post match comments have led to Hill and Keane having a disagreement.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 22:29]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

bUrY red card rescinded on 03:18 - Aug 31 with 2474 viewsTalkingSutty

bUrY red card rescinded on 22:21 - Aug 30 by James1980

On the subject of red cards. Is it possible Hill and Keane have fallen out after the Portsmouth game. In the post match interview Hilly agreed with the sending off entirely if I recall correctly. No, I understand but perhaps it was a little harsh considering..... We will review it before the deadline but I doubt we will be appealing the red card.
Someone sat next to me at the Pompey game was adamant that Keane had not denied a goal scoring opportunity, saying the red was extremely harsh. Just thought perhaps the sending off and post match comments have led to Hill and Keane having a disagreement.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 22:29]

I hope they have had a falling out, we have too many red cards. Last season we where blighted with them and most were of our own making. The fact Keane was left exposed by McNulty's poor play doesn't excuse the fact he wiped the Portsmouth player out. The passage of play prior to the red card was our best of the season but all that good work was undone because an experienced player failed to engage his brain. He gave the referee the opportunity to make the decision.
(No subject) on 08:16 - Aug 31 with 2349 viewsJames1980

bUrY red card rescinded on 03:18 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

I hope they have had a falling out, we have too many red cards. Last season we where blighted with them and most were of our own making. The fact Keane was left exposed by McNulty's poor play doesn't excuse the fact he wiped the Portsmouth player out. The passage of play prior to the red card was our best of the season but all that good work was undone because an experienced player failed to engage his brain. He gave the referee the opportunity to make the decision.

I agree too many cards are being received. But would it be better to be more diplomatic? in public talk about, avoiding rash challenges and giving refs the decision to make. Then behind the scenes giving players a rollicking
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 10:11]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

bUrY red card rescinded on 09:11 - Aug 31 with 2267 viewsRAFCBLUE

bUrY red card rescinded on 03:18 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

I agree with the red card blight TS.

At Portsmouth I said I was surprised Keane just didn't grab hold of the Portsmouth player's shirt and pull him down rather than commit the challenge that he did.

A yellow card in those circumstances would have given the same free kick and kept him on the field at a point in the game where we were playing well and 11 vs 11 were the better team.

Cynically, you get a minimum of four yellow cards for free each season without punishment from the FA, which if you learn to rotate around the squad gives a lot of scope for killing dangerous counter attacks in a way that keeps 11 on the field (assuming not cautioned already!).

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Red card rescinded on 11:55 - Aug 31 with 2122 viewsD_Alien

(No subject) on 08:16 - Aug 31 by James1980

I agree too many cards are being received. But would it be better to be more diplomatic? in public talk about, avoiding rash challenges and giving refs the decision to make. Then behind the scenes giving players a rollicking
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 10:11]

Some people think it's refreshing to be 'honest' in public; not sure the players would agree and it matters even more to them than to us

Talking about them and us... I'd still call it "Honest when it suits"

In short - I agree James

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

bUrY red card rescinded on 13:31 - Aug 31 with 2002 viewslove_the_dale

WOW. A correct decision to rescind!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024