Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread 17:19 - Oct 22 with 41192 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 19:29]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:05 - Oct 24 with 2075 viewsjack2jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 21:54 - Oct 24 by PozuelosSideys

Yesss... good idea. I could do with some of that poured in my eyes so i dont have to watch any of this shite anymore

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:06 - Oct 24 with 2072 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:02 - Oct 24 by Headmaster

"It looks more and more likely Clement will be the escaped goat"

Sometimes I don't know whether this is used as tongue-in-cheek, or whether people really think it's "escaped goat".

But anyway, the game was rubbish, as expected. Why should I be arsed when the players can't be arsed either?

It is called confidence. Clem is inexperienced and can't motivate or get the best out of them.
As for the 'escaped goat' .....it is a joke. Shirley you can see that. I would of thought you would anyway ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:13 - Oct 24 with 1979 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:02 - Oct 24 by Headmaster

"It looks more and more likely Clement will be the escaped goat"

Sometimes I don't know whether this is used as tongue-in-cheek, or whether people really think it's "escaped goat".

But anyway, the game was rubbish, as expected. Why should I be arsed when the players can't be arsed either?

Are you new here?
The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:14 - Oct 24 with 1972 viewsJackFish

Two nil down at home, 85th minute. We were still playing with nine men behind the ball. Pathetic really. Does anyone know what our attacking plan is supposed to be?
N/A. on 22:15 - Oct 24 with 1937 viewsHuw57

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 21:58 - Oct 24 by KGriz16

I would look a beaten man too if professional footballers couldn't track a runner and string a pass together. It must be hard not to look fed up!
How has he lost the dressing room? I'm not saying PC can go without blame this season so far, his tactics are negative and the football on display is frustrating and dull but tonight that wasn't his fault whatsoever. I don't think the Swans are in a position to sack yet another manager 11-15 games into a season. Who is there out there for us to replace him and work with these players? We've recruit very poorly and bought every center midfielder available to us.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 4:32]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:16 - Oct 24 with 1936 viewsAnotherJohn

Just home. We were no worse than Saturday and a few put in reasonable shifts, but the same inability to make and take chances that has dogged us all season was still evident. Going out of the cup is no great loss as we're in a relegation fight. If nothing changes we are going down.
The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:16 - Oct 24 with 1936 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:14 - Oct 24 by JackFish

Two nil down at home, 85th minute. We were still playing with nine men behind the ball. Pathetic really. Does anyone know what our attacking plan is supposed to be?

There isnt one.

We had a single plan last year and that was set piece and crosses onto Llorentes head. This year we do not even have that.

Monk 2.0

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:17 - Oct 24 with 1913 viewsploppy

N/A. on 22:15 - Oct 24 by Huw57

N/A.

He's out there. But no.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:17 - Oct 24 with 1912 viewstheloneranger

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 21:44 - Oct 24 by shandyjack

nah i think first half we looked ok, it's the downing tools at 2-0 that worries me. They just gave up

They passed it about well in the first half, but played not to get badly beaten.

Sad thing is....They looked happy to just lose 2-0. Shite attitude

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

N/A. on 22:19 - Oct 24 with 1891 viewsHuw57

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:17 - Oct 24 by ploppy

He's out there. But no.

N/A.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:22 - Oct 24 with 1854 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:14 - Oct 24 by JackFish

Clement was being pragmatic I expect. We could have pushed on and lost 4-0. Makes no difference in the cup, of course, but depends whether you think the effect on our already low confidence would have been worth it.
The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:24 - Oct 24 with 1828 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:22 - Oct 24 by ploppy

Clement was being pragmatic I expect. We could have pushed on and lost 4-0. Makes no difference in the cup, of course, but depends whether you think the effect on our already low confidence would have been worth it.

We could have pushed on and got a goal, or a shot?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:24 - Oct 24 with 1822 viewsPozuelosSideys

Hes a to55er, but id take Pardew right now. Not sure if id say the same in a couple of days tho

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:27 - Oct 24 with 1791 viewsploppy

Cracking game still going on at the Etihad. Just saying.
The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:28 - Oct 24 with 1778 viewsBournedore

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:17 - Oct 24 by theloneranger

They passed it about well in the first half, but played not to get badly beaten.

Sad thing is....They looked happy to just lose 2-0. Shite attitude

This was the most worrying thing. After we conceded nobody spoke to one another. Just took up their positions in silence. No fight in them and the mood is not good.
The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 22:34 - Oct 24 with 1739 viewsWarwickHunt

Did anyone expect anything different with that line-up?

Our squad is pish. We all know why.
The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 23:48 - Oct 24 with 1639 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 21:47 - Oct 24 by SPboy

And there was me thinking did this guy really be brought up through the Ajax academy?

He didn’t get too much wrong tonight but it shows how far we have fallen so quickly - the quality is just not there

vdH isn't an Ajax academy product. They bought him from Utrecht when he was an established player, but he never really made the grade there (injuries didn't help).
The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 00:21 - Oct 25 with 1602 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Manchester United Cup Match Thread on 21:55 - Oct 24 by Private_Partz

We can call Clement all we like, and with some justification.
The fact is we sold our two best players and failed to replace ageing squad members whilst showing younger players the door to save money. The players we have signed are failing to get up to speed or just not good enough it seems.
This is a team assembled on the cheap by an egotistical man trying to justify himself to the Yanks.
It has left an inexperienced manager rudderless and unable to motivate the squad.
There may be another Guidolin out there but would you trust Jemkins to find him?
It looks more and more likely Clement will be the escaped goat. Curt with Leon will be put in temporary charge whilst Jenkins has two months of dithering before announcing he cannot find anyone better and they are in charge until the end of the season.
Championship here we come as there will be sod all left to buy players with in January as that will Have been spunked on paying yet another manager off.
Now... where are my shoe laces?........
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 21:57]

We haven't got that option of a couple of players to get us out of jail now. And it was quite predictable really. There were glimpses last season and this that the rest can play football, but only glimpses. You only have to see the uncertainty and time it takes for people like Naughton and Fed to move the ball to know that were not going to play out from the back as we did of old. And that goes all the way through the team. We're not comfortable on the ball. When was the last time we retained possession through a flowing move from front to back ending in a goal? It doesn't happen often.

Llorente caused chaos the box, he could be a real physical presence. Tammy doesn't have that. Siggy was reliable in terms of discipline defensively and of course had quality on set pieces. We don't have that now either. Sorry to bring those two up - but failure to fill their boots has hamstrung us this season. Much as the failure to fill Ash's boots buggered us up at the start of last season. Loosing Siggy hasn't really lowed s down as the rest aren't able to move the ball quickly and penetrate (as Brendan would have said) with any pace anyway.

Someone might still come good as it took Llorente a few months to find his feet last season. That person this year looks like it has to be Wilf. So fingers crossed he finds a way to start bangng them in, otherwise we're fooked.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 0:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024