Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan game postponed 19:08 - Nov 4 with 8977 viewsdalenumber2

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk
Wigan game postponed on 19:37 - Nov 4 with 6840 viewsmightydale

Was gonna go that game as well.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Wigan game postponed on 20:32 - Nov 4 with 6717 viewsBartRowou

Just what the world needs: another international break.
That said, at least England aren't playing so every cloud etc.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Wigan game postponed on 20:37 - Nov 4 with 6697 viewsisitme

Wigan game postponed on 20:32 - Nov 4 by BartRowou

Only against Germany and Brazil.
Wigan game postponed on 20:42 - Nov 4 with 6663 viewsBartRowou

Honestly?
Surely it would make sense to have a break during the break if you're through. Then they moan about playing over the Christmas period etc.
Game's gone.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Wigan game postponed on 20:43 - Nov 4 with 6660 views1mark1

Wigan game postponed on 20:32 - Nov 4 by BartRowou

And as happens a lot the home club will probably end up losing much needed income, due to a probable lower crowd for the rearranged date. In my opinion if the football authorities are going to allow this situation to carry on, they should work out some kind of compensation package for when clubs lose out on income like this. And of course , if the rearranged game gets postponed, then it will further add to fixture congestion that might harm a team,s quest for promotion, or fight against relegation.

And yes I know, Dale have had situations in the past in which our games have been called off due to international call ups, but that doesn’t make it right, in my opinion.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 20:51]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Wigan game postponed on 22:14 - Nov 4 with 6437 viewsDalenet

brilliant. And I have booked two nights at the Norton Grange too. Balls. And probably wont be able to get to a rearranged mid week match
Wigan game postponed on 22:38 - Nov 4 with 6384 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Real pity.....with today's good showing and possibility of qualifying for 2nd part of the Checka jobby trophy on Tuesday this would be an ideal time to play Wigan as Dale slowly get their act together......and we will loose a chunk of income.

Plans made too......gutted.
Wigan game postponed on 22:41 - Nov 4 with 6368 viewsRAFCBLUE

What is stopping us playing Walsall at home that day instead?

Their away game at Blackburn called off due to Blackburn's international players.

For us and Walsall, it gives a game which also eases respective festive schedules meaning we wouldn't play in 23rd December as scheduled.

There'll be no policing issues and we were gearing up for a game.

Everyone wins!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan game postponed on 22:43 - Nov 4 with 6355 viewsD_Alien

Wigan game postponed on 22:41 - Nov 4 by RAFCBLUE

Their away game at Blackburn called off due to Blackburn's international players.

For us and Walsall, it gives a game which also eases respective festive schedules meaning we wouldn't play in 23rd December as scheduled.

Everyone wins!

It'd be great if this could happen

Although it'd bugger up your festive ticket idea...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wigan game postponed on 22:50 - Nov 4 with 6329 viewsRAFCBLUE

Wigan game postponed on 22:43 - Nov 4 by D_Alien

It'd be great if this could happen

Although it'd bugger up your festive ticket idea...

All it takes is one phone call to Walsall. It may or may not be feasible.

We're in the business of trying to attract supporters. Next weekend,on international break, we are in a position to do that.

No Premier League games, Oldham off, bury away are good reasons to make this happen.

We can review the festive ticket idea - off the back of a great win we've a captive audience available next weekend.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 22:53]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Wigan game postponed on 23:13 - Nov 4 with 6278 viewsClivert

Everyone wins!

Great idea!

GMP will probably claim that it’s too short notice to cobble a couple of coppers together for such a high risk game though!?!
Wigan game postponed on 00:09 - Nov 5 with 6200 viewsTVOS1907

Everyone wins!

Some of us wouldn’t!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Wigan game postponed on 11:22 - Nov 5 with 5895 views1mark1

Everyone wins!

Makes sense, and by the 23 rd Dec, there might be other teams available to play that day. Saturdays are usually a lot better for clubs to play , then mid week for various reasons.

Wigan game postponed on 11:28 - Nov 5 with 5886 viewsLuke8686

Wigan game postponed on 11:22 - Nov 5 by 1mark1

Makes sense, and by the 23 rd Dec, there might be other teams available to play that day. Saturdays are usually a lot better for clubs to play , then mid week for various reasons.

Makes too much sense to actually happen if you ask me. My train tickets are non-refundable unfortunately so going to head up to Manchester anyway. Quick glance at the fixtures next weekend shows there's no other fixtures in the area so will have to do something non-football related (ffs).
Wigan game postponed on 11:32 - Nov 5 with 5878 viewsTVOS1907

Wigan game postponed on 11:22 - Nov 5 by 1mark1

Why might there be other teams to play on 23rd December when there is a full programme of fixtures?

Wigan game postponed on 11:33 - Nov 5 with 5876 viewsTVOS1907

Wigan game postponed on 11:28 - Nov 5 by Luke8686

Makes too much sense to actually happen if you ask me. My train tickets are non-refundable unfortunately so going to head up to Manchester anyway. Quick glance at the fixtures next weekend shows there's no other fixtures in the area so will have to do something non-football related (ffs).

I can't see either manager agreeing to play a match in five days times against a team they haven't had the opportunity to scout.

Wigan game postponed on 13:25 - Nov 5 with 5719 views1mark1

Wigan game postponed on 11:32 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

Why might there be other teams to play on 23rd December when there is a full programme of fixtures?

Sorry, got mixed up. Had in my mind about FA Cup that weekend for some stupid reason.

Wigan game postponed on 15:03 - Nov 5 with 5595 viewsRAFCBLUE

Wigan game postponed on 11:33 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

I can't see either manager agreeing to play a match in five days times against a team they haven't had the opportunity to scout.

Given the amount of video in existence, OPTA plus various other media now exist to make professional scouting an instant opportunity if the desire was there. I know our coaching team use those online facilities, the question therefore becomes workload.

It makes football, cash flow and business sense, if Walsall are happy to.

I'd think that the attendance would be higher if we did play Walsall next Saturday than on the 23rd December, due to the lack of competition and not playing two days before Christmas. It would make the festive fixtures for us both more evenly spaced and provide no risk of postponement if the weather turns.

There's so much logic and common sense that I'm surprised it hasn't been done already - and likely why it will be an opportunity ignored giving everyone a free weekend!

Wigan game postponed on 15:10 - Nov 5 with 5575 views100notout

Everyone wins!

Bit short notice but a great idea.

Over to you Russ Green - make it happen please!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Wigan game postponed on 15:48 - Nov 5 with 5514 viewsmightydale

Wigan game postponed on 15:10 - Nov 5 by 100notout

Bit short notice but a great idea.

Over to you Russ Green - make it happen please!

Do you honestly think the F.A would agree to this

Wigan game postponed on 16:02 - Nov 5 with 5479 viewsColDale

I’ve long thought that to protect the interests of the English game, you should only be able to call a game off for international call ups if it was England (at various age groups). Can’t see the PL ever agreeing to it but no reason why it couldn’t be adopted by the FL.
Wigan game postponed on 16:02 - Nov 5 with 5478 viewsTVOS1907

Wigan game postponed on 15:03 - Nov 5 by RAFCBLUE

Given the amount of video in existence, OPTA plus various other media now exist to make professional scouting an instant opportunity if the desire was there. I know our coaching team use those online facilities, the question therefore becomes workload.

It makes football, cash flow and business sense, if Walsall are happy to.

I'd think that the attendance would be higher if we did play Walsall next Saturday than on the 23rd December, due to the lack of competition and not playing two days before Christmas. It would make the festive fixtures for us both more evenly spaced and provide no risk of postponement if the weather turns.

There's so much logic and common sense that I'm surprised it hasn't been done already - and likely why it will be an opportunity ignored giving everyone a free weekend!

Yes, I know about all the technology, but given how meticulous Hill is in his preparation, I imagine he would want a bit more notice than a week, as well as wanting to see Walsall play in the flesh or via one of his scouts.

I'm not sure how it could have been done already when the fourth call-up didn't happen until yesterday morning, after which Dale and Walsall had cup ties to play, while the EFL's fixtures staff probably don't work on a Saturday afternoon.

Not saying it won't happen; I just think it's unlikely.

Wigan game postponed on 16:02 - Nov 5 with 5479 viewsRAFCBLUE

Wigan game postponed on 15:48 - Nov 5 by mightydale

With a range of League 1 fixtures still proceeding that weekend, what grounds would be their objection?

Wigan game postponed on 16:08 - Nov 5 with 5458 viewsTVOS1907

Wigan game postponed on 15:48 - Nov 5 by mightydale

No, but the EFL might.

Wigan game postponed on 16:29 - Nov 5 with 5408 viewsmightydale

Wigan game postponed on 16:08 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

No, but the EFL might.

EFL still answer to the FA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024