Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassing 17:44 - Nov 18 with 16112 viewsShun

Not the performance, but certain aspects of the crowd today. Fighting amongst ourselves with ten minutes to go is bad enough, but singing songs that glorify an assault one of our own players committed over a year ago?

And worse, 'get your tits out for the lads'? It's 2017, what makes these scumbags think that just because they're in a large crowd sexual harassment is acceptable? It's vile and there's no place for it in the modern world. Football match or not, its sexual harassment and it isn't ok.
Embarrassing on 23:53 - Nov 18 with 3132 viewsD_Alien

Embarrassing on 23:30 - Nov 18 by rochdale_ranger

You came on here after the Bromley game and said you were sat near them .so a liar as well as spineless. You do what makes you happy if slagging folk off meets the parameters of that then so be it. If people want to pay twenty five quid to swap chants with Oldham fans then thats upto them its standard football behavior you see in every ground, it not my thing I was sat at the front today and Im a mainstander but each to his own. You might think you sound terribly right on I just think bitter old loser who looks forward to getting home and slagging Dale fans off on the message board under a pseudonym . On that note lets disagree. :)

I'll give your parents one thing - they had a good sense of humour when they christened you rochdale_ranger

So now you've accused me of being a liar. If you care to check back to the relevant thread, you'll find I said I usually sit a couple of blocks from those scumbags in the Pearl St, but at the Bromley game i chose to revisit the Sandy. You're out of your depth here, but don't lose any sleep over a bitter old loser wiping the floor with you

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Embarrassing on 00:05 - Nov 19 with 3093 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 23:44 - Nov 18 by Shun

Yes, we can draw parallels here. You say that that chant doesn't imply hatred of women, but it displays a complete lack of respect to them, bordering on misogyny.

I don't think it's an overreaction to call those people today scumbags. Calling it an overreaction and saying the people who stand up to that behaviour are snowflakes is how that very behaviour becomes acceptable. So no, is isn't an overreaction, just like it isn't an overreaction for the surge of women who've been abused or harassed to come forward lately, and just like the #metoo campaign isn't an overreaction. What we saw today is indicative of a vile part of society that is finally coming to the fore, and as much as cavemen like those singers today try and hold society back, the rest of us are moving forwards. And we realise that sexual harassment is not acceptable, whether it's done on the street, in a bar, in Hollywood, or in a football ground.

It's irrelevant that we're all 'fellow Daleys' as you posted earlier, that doesn't make us the same. If you act like a scumbag then I will call you a scumbag, Rochdale fan or not.

It is an over reaction because it achieves nothing white working class guys on the whole are not abusers of women and are not holding them back in anyway shape or form because they weild no power, its a chant that most people will have forgot as soon as they heard it.If you want to be really bold and criticise misogyny pick a fight with Islam and the way muslim men treat women. Its also funny to note that all the guys who are getting fingered with rape and harrassment claims are all mostly liberals.It used to be the religous right and conservatives that were rocked with sex scandals and got caught with rentboys. Now its the moral left and male feminists whose hypocrisy is laid bare for the world to see. Thank god most women dont subscribe to feminism.
Embarrassing on 00:14 - Nov 19 with 3079 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 23:53 - Nov 18 by D_Alien

I'll give your parents one thing - they had a good sense of humour when they christened you rochdale_ranger

So now you've accused me of being a liar. If you care to check back to the relevant thread, you'll find I said I usually sit a couple of blocks from those scumbags in the Pearl St, but at the Bromley game i chose to revisit the Sandy. You're out of your depth here, but don't lose any sleep over a bitter old loser wiping the floor with you

Ok then you sit near them week in week out in the WMG and say nowt to them. Same difference. :)
Embarrassing on 01:00 - Nov 19 with 3027 viewsD_Alien

Embarrassing on 00:14 - Nov 19 by rochdale_ranger

Ok then you sit near them week in week out in the WMG and say nowt to them. Same difference. :)

I've asked you twice, since you clearly have a better insight into their mentality than I do, what you'd suggest I say to them

I could try "Please desist from your misogynistic chants" or "Do you really consider the IRA to be in a position whereby our surrender might be forthcoming" or possibly even "Do you consider those who don't stand up when required to show their love of Rochdale AFC to be deficient in some way?"

If you can help me here, I'll try to oblige. Indeed, suggestions from any quarter will be welcome, if Mr. R _ Ranger continues to be unhelpful

Embarrassing on 02:22 - Nov 19 with 2980 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 01:00 - Nov 19 by D_Alien

I've asked you twice, since you clearly have a better insight into their mentality than I do, what you'd suggest I say to them

I could try "Please desist from your misogynistic chants" or "Do you really consider the IRA to be in a position whereby our surrender might be forthcoming" or possibly even "Do you consider those who don't stand up when required to show their love of Rochdale AFC to be deficient in some way?"

If you can help me here, I'll try to oblige. Indeed, suggestions from any quarter will be welcome, if Mr. R _ Ranger continues to be unhelpful

"Listen boys the siege of Londonderry ended over three hundred years ago and the good friday agreement has gone along way in securing a lasting peace in Northern Ireland, so rather then offending good natured Irish folk and picking at old wounds why don't we perhaps sing no surrender to ISIS or the PLO" because lets face it nobody likes them and I cant see that offending anyone.

"Right you young scoundrels as commendable as your efforts are in standing up at a moments notice to show your love for the mighty Dale some of us are to old to be up and down up and down but that does not mean we love the Dale less then you" I think that bunch of hoodlums would sympathize with that as rough around the edges as they may be.

"right you young lads you have all got mothers, grannies, sisters and aunties how would you like it if some pimply faced youth with more STD's then GCSE's kept mithering them to flash a bit of tit or show them their beavers?"

All of these are excellent replies that you could use at a moments notice to difuse any situation where the young stone island clad soccer casuals might terrorise the Spotland terraces with divisive chants, sexist songs or drum banging.If you would like anymore replies to hypothetical scenarios which you will never find yourself in with the youth you know where I am.
Embarrassing on 02:43 - Nov 19 with 2979 viewsCanaDale

Oh boy! What is going on with the club lately, seems like everything is going so wrong.
Embarrassing on 08:25 - Nov 19 with 2798 viewsD_Alien

Embarrassing on 02:22 - Nov 19 by rochdale_ranger

"Listen boys the siege of Londonderry ended over three hundred years ago and the good friday agreement has gone along way in securing a lasting peace in Northern Ireland, so rather then offending good natured Irish folk and picking at old wounds why don't we perhaps sing no surrender to ISIS or the PLO" because lets face it nobody likes them and I cant see that offending anyone.

"Right you young scoundrels as commendable as your efforts are in standing up at a moments notice to show your love for the mighty Dale some of us are to old to be up and down up and down but that does not mean we love the Dale less then you" I think that bunch of hoodlums would sympathize with that as rough around the edges as they may be.

"right you young lads you have all got mothers, grannies, sisters and aunties how would you like it if some pimply faced youth with more STD's then GCSE's kept mithering them to flash a bit of tit or show them their beavers?"

All of these are excellent replies that you could use at a moments notice to difuse any situation where the young stone island clad soccer casuals might terrorise the Spotland terraces with divisive chants, sexist songs or drum banging.If you would like anymore replies to hypothetical scenarios which you will never find yourself in with the youth you know where I am.

Well, my sincerest apologies over your lost sleep

I'm inclined to think there may be a problem with their attention span, even if I insist I'd consulted with their spokesperson/apologist

In addition, there's no way I'm going standing with the away fans at the corner of the Willbutts, which is the only way anyone would have the slightest chance of gaining their attention during the entire 90+ minutes

Embarrassing on 12:41 - Nov 19 with 2482 views1mark1

“Its also funny to note that all the guys who are getting fingered with rape and harrassment claims are all mostly liberals.It used to be the religous right and conservatives that were rocked with sex scandals and got caught with rentboys. Now its the moral left and male feminists whose hypocrisy is laid bare for the world to see. Thank god most women dont subscribe to feminism.”

Can you provide statistical proof of these claims of yours, Rochdale Ranger?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 14:32]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassing on 13:49 - Nov 19 with 2359 viewsKenBoon

Interesting to see that the ultimate defence to "shouting at women and girls to get their tits out in public is wrong" is "but Muslims".
Yes, Islam is a stone-age ideology with toxicity even the so-called moderates live by. I'm not sure what that has to do with the edgy football bants, unless you're planning a negotiation where the edgy bants "take it in the nature it was intended" brigade will stop asking girls to get their tits out and shouting numbers at Asian players, and in return, 'but Muslims' will stop mutilating young girls and boys genitals? If that's the case then could you also try and solve the issues in the middle east and maybe unarm North Korea? Trade a "10 German bombers" song for the closure of North Korean prison camps?
Embarrassing on 14:15 - Nov 19 with 2314 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 13:49 - Nov 19 by KenBoon

Interesting to see that the ultimate defence to "shouting at women and girls to get their tits out in public is wrong" is "but Muslims".
Yes, Islam is a stone-age ideology with toxicity even the so-called moderates live by. I'm not sure what that has to do with the edgy football bants, unless you're planning a negotiation where the edgy bants "take it in the nature it was intended" brigade will stop asking girls to get their tits out and shouting numbers at Asian players, and in return, 'but Muslims' will stop mutilating young girls and boys genitals? If that's the case then could you also try and solve the issues in the middle east and maybe unarm North Korea? Trade a "10 German bombers" song for the closure of North Korean prison camps?

The conversation had evolved since your last post and me and shun were talking about sexism, misogyny and the recent spate of prominent people who are having claims made against them the debate had moved but if you can’t keep up that’s ok. I was merely pointing out that if your going to Come on here as chief virtue signaler and start harping on about wider misogyny and sexual harassment in wider society then surely there are bigger fights to fight then a dozen lads at boundary park singing get your tits out to an over weight male Oldham fan.
Embarrassing on 14:50 - Nov 19 with 2256 viewsKenBoon

Embarrassing on 14:15 - Nov 19 by rochdale_ranger

The conversation had evolved since your last post and me and shun were talking about sexism, misogyny and the recent spate of prominent people who are having claims made against them the debate had moved but if you can’t keep up that’s ok. I was merely pointing out that if your going to Come on here as chief virtue signaler and start harping on about wider misogyny and sexual harassment in wider society then surely there are bigger fights to fight then a dozen lads at boundary park singing get your tits out to an over weight male Oldham fan.

Virtue signaler Captain Sweden here (Sweeden in Bury). I used to like the phrase "virtue signaler/signaling" because it certainly is a thing that annoying people do, but it's been misused so much to the point it's in the same bin as "mansplaining" and whatever other rubbish Reddit, Tumblr and twitter use too much of.

btw, I was not aware there was also FAT SHAMING!!! of an Oldham fan. Unacceptable. Those people are all 'literally hitler'.
Embarrassing on 16:04 - Nov 19 with 2149 viewsmightydale

It's a good job they didn't sing 'show us your beever' Shun would off an heart attack.

Fcuking leafies!!!!
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 16:08]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Embarrassing on 16:08 - Nov 19 with 2145 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 14:50 - Nov 19 by KenBoon

Virtue signaler Captain Sweden here (Sweeden in Bury). I used to like the phrase "virtue signaler/signaling" because it certainly is a thing that annoying people do, but it's been misused so much to the point it's in the same bin as "mansplaining" and whatever other rubbish Reddit, Tumblr and twitter use too much of.

btw, I was not aware there was also FAT SHAMING!!! of an Oldham fan. Unacceptable. Those people are all 'literally hitler'.

As someone who is partial to a chippy and ten Pints of Stella I can only agree. Practicing body positivity rather then accepting the fact that I’m turning into a fat piece of crap and renewing my gym membership is totally the way forward. Shame on the fat shamers :)
Embarrassing on 16:17 - Nov 19 with 2123 viewsdalenumber2

The chant was definitely aimed at the smart woman walking in front of our stand. She had a young lad with her, possibly her son. The abuse of the Oldham fan came later.
Embarrassing on 16:23 - Nov 19 with 2106 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 16:17 - Nov 19 by dalenumber2

The chant was definitely aimed at the smart woman walking in front of our stand. She had a young lad with her, possibly her son. The abuse of the Oldham fan came later.

Very naughty indeed.
Embarrassing on 16:32 - Nov 19 with 2085 viewsShun

Embarrassing on 16:04 - Nov 19 by mightydale

It's a good job they didn't sing 'show us your beever' Shun would off an heart attack.

Fcuking leafies!!!!
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 16:08]

'It's a good job the large mass of cavemen asked a lone woman to expose her chest instead of her vagina, otherwise the person with morals would've been even more shocked.'

Fcuking leafies indeed.
Embarrassing on 16:49 - Nov 19 with 2055 viewsmightydale

Embarrassing on 16:32 - Nov 19 by Shun

'It's a good job the large mass of cavemen asked a lone woman to expose her chest instead of her vagina, otherwise the person with morals would've been even more shocked.'

Fcuking leafies indeed.

Woman are 10 times worst than men when they get together,but hey bet you never complained about that,

Fcuking lefties indeed #mentalillness

Embarrassing on 16:56 - Nov 19 with 2032 views1mark1

Embarrassing on 16:49 - Nov 19 by mightydale

Woman are 10 times worst than men when they get together,but hey bet you never complained about that,

“ Fcuking lefties indeed #mentalillness”
As opposed to right wing numpties like you , #senselesspricks

Embarrassing on 17:13 - Nov 19 with 1986 viewsmightydale

Embarrassing on 16:56 - Nov 19 by 1mark1

“ Fcuking lefties indeed #mentalillness”
As opposed to right wing numpties like you , #senselesspricks

Right wing ??? hahahahahahahahahaha
Naaa am a realist there's a difference Mark. Show me any evidence to class me as right wing, but coming from green liebour, I'd kind off expected the right wing crap !!!!

Embarrassing on 17:13 - Nov 19 with 1986 viewsShun

Embarrassing on 16:49 - Nov 19 by mightydale

What does mental illness have to do with anything? Every time you post you prove how vile and how out of touch with society you are.
Embarrassing on 17:21 - Nov 19 with 1961 viewsmightydale

Embarrassing on 17:13 - Nov 19 by Shun

What does mental illness have to do with anything? Every time you post you prove how vile and how out of touch with society you are.

The irony coming from a leftie !!! Next you'd be telling me Jeremy Cornyn would make a great PM

Embarrassing on 17:33 - Nov 19 with 1928 views1mark1

Embarrassing on 17:13 - Nov 19 by mightydale

Right wing ??? hahahahahahahahahaha
Naaa am a realist there's a difference Mark. Show me any evidence to class me as right wing, but coming from green liebour, I'd kind off expected the right wing crap !!!!

Because it’s right wingers that come up with phrases like the ones you have come up with, so if the cap fits. Seen nothing in any of your postings that attempt to attack left wingers, etc, that would lead me to believe you are not a right winger. I am, Green, not any other party, so you are wrong there.
By the way, not just left wingers who believe that it is right to refrain from sexist , “get your tits out for the lads “ type comments. Pretty much widespread, apart from the Neanderthal types that live amongst us, or those that haven’t grown up yet, or become educated.

Embarrassing on 17:55 - Nov 19 with 1894 viewsmightydale

Embarrassing on 17:33 - Nov 19 by 1mark1

Because it’s right wingers that come up with phrases like the ones you have come up with, so if the cap fits. Seen nothing in any of your postings that attempt to attack left wingers, etc, that would lead me to believe you are not a right winger. I am, Green, not any other party, so you are wrong there.
By the way, not just left wingers who believe that it is right to refrain from sexist , “get your tits out for the lads “ type comments. Pretty much widespread, apart from the Neanderthal types that live amongst us, or those that haven’t grown up yet, or become educated.

What the right wing come up phrases like show us your beever and women are worst than men when get together? Really !!! .

What's your opinion on Zamzam Ibrahim, Haz Shah and Jason Osamade Okundaye,these are leftie people who has said racist comments, if they were white, leafies would be going mental, can you guess what happened to them ???

This is why people hate Leafies , first to stereotype people but turn a blind eye when it's suits !

Embarrassing on 18:16 - Nov 19 with 1856 views1mark1

Embarrassing on 17:55 - Nov 19 by mightydale

What the right wing come up phrases like show us your beever and women are worst than men when get together? Really !!! .

What's your opinion on Zamzam Ibrahim, Haz Shah and Jason Osamade Okundaye,these are leftie people who has said racist comments, if they were white, leafies would be going mental, can you guess what happened to them ???

This is why people hate Leafies , first to stereotype people but turn a blind eye when it's suits !

No I meant that it’s right wingers like you who come up with phrases like “leftards “ and other such sayings.

People of all political stances come out with wrong sexist sayings, doesn’t make it anymore wrong whom it is from.

I don’t know the people you mention, however, I TOTALLY OPPOSE ANY RACIST , SEXIST, HOMOPHOBIC etc COMMENTS AND ACTIONS, WHOEVER THEY ARE FROM!

You are the reason why so many hate the right wing.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 18:18]

Embarrassing on 18:36 - Nov 19 with 2576 viewsmightydale

Embarrassing on 18:16 - Nov 19 by 1mark1

No I meant that it’s right wingers like you who come up with phrases like “leftards “ and other such sayings.

People of all political stances come out with wrong sexist sayings, doesn’t make it anymore wrong whom it is from.

I don’t know the people you mention, however, I TOTALLY OPPOSE ANY RACIST , SEXIST, HOMOPHOBIC etc COMMENTS AND ACTIONS, WHOEVER THEY ARE FROM!

You are the reason why so many hate the right wing.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 18:18]

Make your mind up I wasn't right wing 10 mins ago !!! Ilike the lefties call anyone right wing when then can't win an argument or have no evidence to back it up !!!
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 18:57]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024