Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassing 17:44 - Nov 18 with 16173 viewsShun

Not the performance, but certain aspects of the crowd today. Fighting amongst ourselves with ten minutes to go is bad enough, but singing songs that glorify an assault one of our own players committed over a year ago?

And worse, 'get your tits out for the lads'? It's 2017, what makes these scumbags think that just because they're in a large crowd sexual harassment is acceptable? It's vile and there's no place for it in the modern world. Football match or not, its sexual harassment and it isn't ok.
Embarrassing on 20:23 - Nov 18 with 3110 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 20:19 - Nov 18 by kiwidale

get your cock out.

No it’s cold.
Embarrassing on 20:45 - Nov 18 with 3024 viewsfunkkk

Always preferred the ‘Show us you beaver, la la la la la’ chant.
Embarrassing on 20:57 - Nov 18 with 2968 viewsnordenblue

Embarrassing on 20:16 - Nov 18 by rochdale_ranger

So what do you propose should be done about it?

Maybe try and educate the people who's knuckles currently drag on the floor and regard it as "bants".

Many terrace chants use to involve racist slants are we still fine to sing them as it's "only a football chant" anyway?
Embarrassing on 21:01 - Nov 18 with 2943 viewsrochdaleriddler

Embarrassing on 20:14 - Nov 18 by rochdale_ranger

I like it how you tell me to grow up then revert to name calling when I say something you disagree with. Incidentally I wasn’t sat with the lads who were chanting it I just think calling fellow Daley’s scumbags is a bit of an over reaction to a football chant which is pretty much par for the course at most football matches up and down the country on a Saturday afternoon. Loser.

Tosser, you need banning, your views are from the 70's

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Embarrassing on 21:14 - Nov 18 with 2897 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 20:57 - Nov 18 by nordenblue

Maybe try and educate the people who's knuckles currently drag on the floor and regard it as "bants".

Many terrace chants use to involve racist slants are we still fine to sing them as it's "only a football chant" anyway?

Never heard any racist chanting at the game and I’ve been going since I was 13 my first game was 2003 or 2004. I think people are pretty much over issues like race especially people my age or younger.are you saying the tits out chant is a sign of hatred towards women just like chants and songs about race were a sign of hatred towards people of colour? And can you really draw parallels there? The tits out song is a tasteless one nobody can disagree with that I just don’t think it’s a sign of hatred to women as a whole so I don’t know why I’m being painted out to be some reactionary cave man.And let’s be honest as a general group are football fans known to do things in good high brow taste.
Embarrassing on 21:22 - Nov 18 with 2871 viewsBartRowou

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Embarrassing on 21:23 - Nov 18 with 2856 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 21:01 - Nov 18 by rochdaleriddler

Tosser, you need banning, your views are from the 70's

" Anyone I disagree with should be banned because my arguments are weak" This is the loser logic Im talking about. And were you around in the seventies? I wouldn't mind getting your perspective on how mean and dark the decade was.
Embarrassing on 21:35 - Nov 18 with 2818 viewsnordenblue

Embarrassing on 21:14 - Nov 18 by rochdale_ranger

Never heard any racist chanting at the game and I’ve been going since I was 13 my first game was 2003 or 2004. I think people are pretty much over issues like race especially people my age or younger.are you saying the tits out chant is a sign of hatred towards women just like chants and songs about race were a sign of hatred towards people of colour? And can you really draw parallels there? The tits out song is a tasteless one nobody can disagree with that I just don’t think it’s a sign of hatred to women as a whole so I don’t know why I’m being painted out to be some reactionary cave man.And let’s be honest as a general group are football fans known to do things in good high brow taste.

The racist chanting wasn't hatred either that was seen as a bit of fun just like asking a girl to get her tits out is now to you, see the parallels there?

What in God's name are people "of colour" too,am I "of colour" I'd say im a shade of white?

I'd suggest your views are VERY caveman hence the responses you've already received,times have changed and moved on maybe you should consider it too?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 21:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassing on 21:38 - Nov 18 with 2810 viewsLozDale85

I'm female and must say the 'get your tits out' chants don't bother me in the slightest, I've grown up listening to them being sang weekly 😂. What I am opposed to is being told I don't belong watching a football match because I'm a woman! There were some morons there today unfortunately. Just a shame really.
Embarrassing on 21:48 - Nov 18 with 2768 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 21:35 - Nov 18 by nordenblue

The racist chanting wasn't hatred either that was seen as a bit of fun just like asking a girl to get her tits out is now to you, see the parallels there?

What in God's name are people "of colour" too,am I "of colour" I'd say im a shade of white?

I'd suggest your views are VERY caveman hence the responses you've already received,times have changed and moved on maybe you should consider it too?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 21:38]

Im not condoning the chant like I said its tasteless. I just think its an over reaction by some people on here to suggest that we have a scummy element following our club based on the back of one chant which is not unique to our club. And for the record Ive been to football matches and seen crowds chant get your tits out and the women its been aimed at have obliged.
Embarrassing on 21:49 - Nov 18 with 2766 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fighting each other on the terraces and tonight cat calling a plenty on the Forum......oh to be a Dale Fan today?
Embarrassing on 21:50 - Nov 18 with 2753 viewsD_Alien

Embarrassing on 21:49 - Nov 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Fighting each other on the terraces and tonight cat calling a plenty on the Forum......oh to be a Dale Fan today?

Not a good day

But let's at least be a bit positive

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Embarrassing on 21:54 - Nov 18 with 2734 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 21:49 - Nov 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

There is someone on here every week moaning about their fellow Dale fans its pathetic and cowardly. If they had a backbone they would say something at the time. Jesus wept what must fans of other clubs think when they visit this message board.
Embarrassing on 22:02 - Nov 18 with 2718 viewsTVOS1907

Embarrassing on 21:54 - Nov 18 by rochdale_ranger

There is someone on here every week moaning about their fellow Dale fans its pathetic and cowardly. If they had a backbone they would say something at the time. Jesus wept what must fans of other clubs think when they visit this message board.

They would probably think it's no different to any other.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Embarrassing on 22:04 - Nov 18 with 2706 viewsD_Alien

Embarrassing on 21:54 - Nov 18 by rochdale_ranger

I think we might have something to learn from your experience here

What would you propose should be said "at the time", and to whom?

Embarrassing on 22:08 - Nov 18 with 2674 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 22:04 - Nov 18 by D_Alien

I think we might have something to learn from your experience here

What would you propose should be said "at the time", and to whom?

Well you have referred to a section of our support today as scumbags. Did you say anything at the time to the "Scumbags" or did you just post something on here.
Embarrassing on 22:16 - Nov 18 with 2643 viewsD_Alien

Embarrassing on 22:08 - Nov 18 by rochdale_ranger

Well you have referred to a section of our support today as scumbags. Did you say anything at the time to the "Scumbags" or did you just post something on here.

I wouldn't walk up to Jim McNulty and tell him he was rubbish today. That's what a fans forum is about - expressing our views in the same way we might chat with our mates about the game in the pub after the match, but with a wider range of people available to comment

You've got your views, and i'll ask you again, what would you propose that should be said to those who bring the good name of Rochdale FC into public disrepute? I'm genuinely interested

[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 22:20]

Embarrassing on 22:29 - Nov 18 with 2602 viewskiwidale

Embarrassing on 21:22 - Nov 18 by BartRowou

its a pity bazingas banner is about to be unfurled again maybe it could be double sided? Hill out on one side, no swearing on t'other.

This is not the time for bickering.

Embarrassing on 22:43 - Nov 18 with 2556 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 22:16 - Nov 18 by D_Alien

I wouldn't walk up to Jim McNulty and tell him he was rubbish today. That's what a fans forum is about - expressing our views in the same way we might chat with our mates about the game in the pub after the match, but with a wider range of people available to comment

You've got your views, and i'll ask you again, what would you propose that should be said to those who bring the good name of Rochdale FC into public disrepute? I'm genuinely interested

[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 22:20]

If I thought somone was out of order I would pull them on it at the time your question is far to general as I dont think any of our fans are bringing the club into disrepute . you were slagging the young guys with the drum off after the Bromley game. I was sat infront of them and I Didn't hear a peep out of you at the time and you claimed to have been sat near them. I get that its a fans forum but I think some people using this forum as an anonymous soapbox to slag other daleys off is cowardly. Is that really that hard to understand. Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Embarrassing on 23:06 - Nov 18 with 2495 viewsD_Alien

Embarrassing on 22:43 - Nov 18 by rochdale_ranger

If I thought somone was out of order I would pull them on it at the time your question is far to general as I dont think any of our fans are bringing the club into disrepute . you were slagging the young guys with the drum off after the Bromley game. I was sat infront of them and I Didn't hear a peep out of you at the time and you claimed to have been sat near them. I get that its a fans forum but I think some people using this forum as an anonymous soapbox to slag other daleys off is cowardly. Is that really that hard to understand. Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I was in the Sandy at the Bromley game, as I made clear at the time, but their behaviour in general brings the club into disrepute. I'm not alone in thinking that - this thread explains exactly how they do that. The fact that these scumbags follow the same club makes no difference whatsoever - they have nothing in common with me other than attending the same matches

Today, once again, their focus was on their Oldham equivalents in the nearby stand. Once we went 3-1 behind they didn't have the guts to stay and support the Dale until the end, but left early. Some support that is

I go to watch a football match, and yes, I'll make my views known on here (it's 2017, and we have the technology) both on the match and on anything that takes away any of the sometimes dubious pleasure of watching Dale

I won't agree to disagree with you, I'll simply disagree with you. You don't have to like it

Embarrassing on 23:28 - Nov 18 with 2438 viewsdingdangblue

Don't sing it?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Embarrassing on 23:30 - Nov 18 with 2430 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarrassing on 23:06 - Nov 18 by D_Alien

I was in the Sandy at the Bromley game, as I made clear at the time, but their behaviour in general brings the club into disrepute. I'm not alone in thinking that - this thread explains exactly how they do that. The fact that these scumbags follow the same club makes no difference whatsoever - they have nothing in common with me other than attending the same matches

Today, once again, their focus was on their Oldham equivalents in the nearby stand. Once we went 3-1 behind they didn't have the guts to stay and support the Dale until the end, but left early. Some support that is

I go to watch a football match, and yes, I'll make my views known on here (it's 2017, and we have the technology) both on the match and on anything that takes away any of the sometimes dubious pleasure of watching Dale

I won't agree to disagree with you, I'll simply disagree with you. You don't have to like it

You came on here after the Bromley game and said you were sat near them .so a liar as well as spineless. You do what makes you happy if slagging folk off meets the parameters of that then so be it. If people want to pay twenty five quid to swap chants with Oldham fans then thats upto them its standard football behavior you see in every ground, it not my thing I was sat at the front today and Im a mainstander but each to his own. You might think you sound terribly right on I just think bitter old loser who looks forward to getting home and slagging Dale fans off on the message board under a pseudonym . On that note lets disagree. :)
Embarrassing on 23:32 - Nov 18 with 2428 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Embarrassing on 21:50 - Nov 18 by D_Alien

Not a good day

But let's at least be a bit positive

Only a bit!..........not toooooo much.
Embarrassing on 23:44 - Nov 18 with 2398 viewsShun

Embarrassing on 21:14 - Nov 18 by rochdale_ranger

Yes, we can draw parallels here. You say that that chant doesn't imply hatred of women, but it displays a complete lack of respect to them, bordering on misogyny.

I don't think it's an overreaction to call those people today scumbags. Calling it an overreaction and saying the people who stand up to that behaviour are snowflakes is how that very behaviour becomes acceptable. So no, is isn't an overreaction, just like it isn't an overreaction for the surge of women who've been abused or harassed to come forward lately, and just like the #metoo campaign isn't an overreaction. What we saw today is indicative of a vile part of society that is finally coming to the fore, and as much as cavemen like those singers today try and hold society back, the rest of us are moving forwards. And we realise that sexual harassment is not acceptable, whether it's done on the street, in a bar, in Hollywood, or in a football ground.

It's irrelevant that we're all 'fellow Daleys' as you posted earlier, that doesn't make us the same. If you act like a scumbag then I will call you a scumbag, Rochdale fan or not.
Embarrassing on 23:46 - Nov 18 with 3264 viewsjudd

Embarrassing on 23:30 - Nov 18 by rochdale_ranger

You came on here after the Bromley game and said you were sat near them .so a liar as well as spineless. You do what makes you happy if slagging folk off meets the parameters of that then so be it. If people want to pay twenty five quid to swap chants with Oldham fans then thats upto them its standard football behavior you see in every ground, it not my thing I was sat at the front today and Im a mainstander but each to his own. You might think you sound terribly right on I just think bitter old loser who looks forward to getting home and slagging Dale fans off on the message board under a pseudonym . On that note lets disagree. :)

He's not a liar. He did say he was in the Sandy for the Bromley game. I think it was Rod Leech who was the poster sat near the drummer at the Bromley game who took issue.

Now, given the ubiquity of so called body art nowadays perhaps replace Tits with tats in the chant? Although that might sound Scottish.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024