Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Ayew 19:11 - Dec 26 with 20424 viewsAngelRangelQS

Just f*ck off.
Jordan Ayew on 12:46 - Mar 2 with 2017 viewsGaz_M

Jordan Ayew on 12:29 - Mar 2 by SPboy

Based on this thread Jordan is clearly a bit of a Marmite option (just like his brother)

The fact that he is rightly one of the first on our teamsheet these days is a sad indictment of our recruitment over the last 3 seasons. In years gone by (Laudrup & Rodgers eras) he would have been a good bench option to run at tired defences ... and now ... our main creative & goalscoring hope for survival. Hmm

You think we'd bench someone who's scored nine goals and looked excellent all season? Even if he was playing on the left he's a better option than:

Hernandez, Sinclair, Dyer, Routledge, Montero.

I'm assuming you're thick.
Jordan Ayew on 12:57 - Mar 2 with 1992 viewsjasper_T

Jordan Ayew on 12:46 - Mar 2 by Gaz_M

You think we'd bench someone who's scored nine goals and looked excellent all season? Even if he was playing on the left he's a better option than:

He's not been excellent all season, though.
Jordan Ayew on 13:19 - Mar 2 with 1976 viewsjack247

He wouldn’t have been better on the left in that Laudrup team. It was all about clever off the ball movement, creating 2 on 1 situations as much as possible and dragging defenders out of position. He isn’t that type of player.

Just as none of the above would be able to play the talisman role he does in our current system.
Jordan Ayew on 14:11 - Mar 2 with 1928 viewsE20Jack

Jordan Ayew on 10:49 - Mar 2 by swancity

Neither does repeating the same thing time and time again make it a fact

It's only your opinion. Mine is different. In my opinion you're a boring monotonous cu nt. it's only an opinion though, it might not be right so don't worry.

Mine is based on fact though and st the very least can be quantified by the fact he has statistical performance data.

According to that I am correct. You are choosing to disagree.

That's your call. Judging from what I have said above however, it is very likely your call is wrong. But you are as entitled to it as anyone else.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 14:14]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Jordan Ayew on 14:12 - Mar 2 with 1920 viewsE20Jack

Jordan Ayew on 12:57 - Mar 2 by jasper_T

He's not been excellent all season, though.

It doesn't matter. He has been one of our best players. That is the point.

Jordan Ayew on 14:29 - Mar 2 with 1891 viewsSPboy

It’s actually 5 league goals in 28 appearances & 4 against lower league opposition in 8 cup games.

And if you read my post my point is he has been one of our best players and we are relying heavily on him. 5 league goals in 28 appearances hardly inspires enthusiasm that we are nailed on to succeed with that rate of return.

By the way on a good day Hernandez, Sinclair, Dyer & Routledge (a few years ago) were all as effective as Ayew. He stands out because the poor quality throughout our squad.

Now do you get my point because it is you who sounds more than a bit thick ?
Jordan Ayew on 14:32 - Mar 2 with 1885 viewsDewi1jack

Jordan Ayew on 22:17 - Mar 1 by jack247

‘At the time’ was probably the time to put the op in his place then? Unless you think it’s more shameful now he’s on top form? Would you have dragged the thread up if his form had nosedived?

We have a couple on here who love dragging up old threads, but it’s simply because they are out of their depth trying to offer football opinions. They need the benefit of hindsight. You know your football, you aren’t in that position.

It’s not a knock at you, I’m just not a fan of it.

You don't chastise a child or a re train a pet a month after they've done something wrong.
The time is immediately it happens.

So why didn't big, brave you say something at the time?

Some of the comments are really not good reading (Vile scum being one of them)
But you either ignore the PS equivalent of ' Inbred Rednecks' or you say at the time they're out of order.

I'm firmly in the full freedom of speech by the way.
If I don't like what someone says once I've heard it/ read it/ I'll either ignore it totally or disagree offering my opinion but I'm old enough to put it clean out of my mind once it's gone.
Trouble is, if someone wants to then cause a fuss, I'm too dumb to back down either.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Jordan Ayew on 14:38 - Mar 2 with 1876 viewsE20Jack

Jordan Ayew on 14:29 - Mar 2 by SPboy

It’s actually 5 league goals in 28 appearances & 4 against lower league opposition in 8 cup games.

And if you read my post my point is he has been one of our best players and we are relying heavily on him. 5 league goals in 28 appearances hardly inspires enthusiasm that we are nailed on to succeed with that rate of return.

By the way on a good day Hernandez, Sinclair, Dyer & Routledge (a few years ago) were all as effective as Ayew. He stands out because the poor quality throughout our squad.

Now do you get my point because it is you who sounds more than a bit thick ?

You claim they are all as good yet fail to note they were in vastly superior teams. Would I swap him for any of those? No.

Reckon if Messi played for us he would get 40 goals? (He wouldn't by the way?)

Would that mean he would become a worse player? (Again the answer is no by the way).

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Ayew on 14:42 - Mar 2 with 1870 viewsMo_Wives

Jordan Ayew on 14:38 - Mar 2 by E20Jack

You claim they are all as good yet fail to note they were in vastly superior teams. Would I swap him for any of those? No.

Would that mean he would become a worse player? (Again the answer is no by the way).

It would be great to hear Messi described as 'championship at best' on here though.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Jordan Ayew on 14:55 - Mar 2 with 1850 viewsE20Jack

Jordan Ayew on 14:42 - Mar 2 by Mo_Wives

It would be great to hear Messi described as 'championship at best' on here though.

But he doesn't score as often any more now he plays for us mun, the transformation has been stark. Little piece of mercenary scum.

Jordan Ayew on 14:57 - Mar 2 with 1848 viewsjack247

Jordan Ayew on 14:32 - Mar 2 by Dewi1jack

You don't chastise a child or a re train a pet a month after they've done something wrong.

But you either ignore the PS equivalent of ' Inbred Rednecks' or you say at the time they're out of order.

If I don't like what someone says once I've heard it/ read it/ I'll either ignore it totally or disagree offering my opinion but I'm old enough to put it clean out of my mind once it's gone.
Trouble is, if someone wants to then cause a fuss, I'm too dumb to back down either.

Did you mean to quote me on that? Reads like you agree that bumping threads to belittle other people, with the benefit of hindsight, is a bit snidey and that if people disagree with something, they should say so at the time.
Jordan Ayew on 15:02 - Mar 2 with 1847 viewsDarran

Jordan Ayew on 14:32 - Mar 2 by Dewi1jack

Superb post Dewi thought its fuçking pointless. Some people can never be wrong on here whatever the point is.

For instance if Fabianski who’s had a great season had one of the worst games you’d ever seen a keeper have tomorrow and you came on here tomorrow night and said Fabianski had had one of the worst games you’d ever seen a keeper have you’d be slaughtered for it by the know it alls because he’s had a great season even though you were only talking about that one particular game and you’d be informed that you know fuçk all about football.

It’s part of the problem of why it’s currently so boring and quiet on here.

*Thas in no way aimed at jack247 who I’ve got a lot of time for.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jordan Ayew on 15:05 - Mar 2 with 1841 viewsE20Jack

Jordan Ayew on 15:02 - Mar 2 by Darran

Superb post Dewi thought its fuçking pointless. Some people can never be wrong on here whatever the point is.

For instance if Fabianski who’s had a great season had one of the worst games you’d ever seen a keeper have tomorrow and you came on here tomorrow night and said Fabianski had had one of the worst games you’d ever seen a keeper have you’d be slaughtered for it by the know it alls because he’s had a great season even though you were only talking about that one particular game and you’d be informed that you know fuçk all about football.

That's not what they said though is it.

Try a better scenario and we will judge again. This time make it similar what actually happened.

Jordan Ayew on 15:08 - Mar 2 with 1836 viewsjack247

Jordan Ayew on 15:02 - Mar 2 by Darran

If Fabianski has a mare and costs us three points tomorrow, he will get criticised on here for it. There will also be someone pointing out how good he has been all season. Both will have a valid point.

The person (on either side) I won’t have a lot of time for is the one who digs that thread up in May if he has either kept 5 clean sheets on the bounce or turned into a disaster and relegated us. Especially if they held back from commenting at the time.
Jordan Ayew on 15:32 - Mar 2 with 1825 viewsjasper_T

Messi would score a bucketload and be lauded as a footballing genius if he played for us.
Jordan Ayew on 16:08 - Mar 2 with 1796 viewsSPboy

Jordan Ayew on 14:38 - Mar 2 by E20Jack

I am talking about players who play or have played for us. Why bring Messi in to this debate ?

Vastly superior teams - not sure about vastly superior but when the club keeps selling its prime assets like Sigurdsson, Llorente, Bony, etc. I would agree better teams with more skilful players but not vastly superior
Jordan Ayew on 16:25 - Mar 2 with 1780 viewsMo_Wives

Jordan Ayew on 15:32 - Mar 2 by jasper_T

Messi would score a bucketload and be lauded as a footballing genius if he played for us.

In that case, I'd love to hear Pembroke Allan describe him as 'championship at best'

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Jordan Ayew on 16:47 - Mar 2 with 1761 viewsDewi1jack

Jordan Ayew on 14:57 - Mar 2 by jack247

Did you mean to quote me on that? Reads like you agree that bumping threads to belittle other people, with the benefit of hindsight, is a bit snidey and that if people disagree with something, they should say so at the time.

No mate.
I wholeheartedly agree with you and what you stated.
There'll be others to tell you off !!

It was aimed at the pointless bumping of an old thread
(Nantywatcher; "I take exception to that. The OP's post was something I thought was vile and totally inappropriate at the time - I felt justified in pointing out how shameful his comment was.")
Yet saying nothing at the time?
Must have really upset you if you need a month to calm down before speaking about what's on your mind. May I suggest meditation?
My temper normally subsides in under a few minutes.

It seems some people are only good if they can use hindsight as well to prove their point.
People have opinions.
They differ.
Live with it
Debate with someone in the present tense, not use the past months later to try and belittle someone.

I have my opinions and occasionally they're wrong (very, very occasionally mind ;-))
Occasionally my opinions may upset someone. I don't deliberately set out to do so and unless someone can explain verbally why my opinion is wrong, they can go and fuk spiders

If you need to use hindsight to prove you were right or to show you're a good future fortune teller, then IMHO you're pretty insecure about yourself.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Jordan Ayew on 16:53 - Mar 2 with 1752 viewsjack247

Jordan Ayew on 16:47 - Mar 2 by Dewi1jack

No mate.
I wholeheartedly agree with you and what you stated.
There'll be others to tell you off !!

It was aimed at the pointless bumping of an old thread
(Nantywatcher; "I take exception to that. The OP's post was something I thought was vile and totally inappropriate at the time - I felt justified in pointing out how shameful his comment was.")
Yet saying nothing at the time?
Must have really upset you if you need a month to calm down before speaking about what's on your mind. May I suggest meditation?
My temper normally subsides in under a few minutes.

It seems some people are only good if they can use hindsight as well to prove their point.
People have opinions.
They differ.
Live with it
Debate with someone in the present tense, not use the past months later to try and belittle someone.

I have my opinions and occasionally they're wrong (very, very occasionally mind ;-))
Occasionally my opinions may upset someone. I don't deliberately set out to do so and unless someone can explain verbally why my opinion is wrong, they can go and fuk spiders

If you need to use hindsight to prove you were right or to show you're a good future fortune teller, then IMHO you're pretty insecure about yourself.

Top man.

I will say, it’s not like Nanty mind. He’s normally got opinions worth reading and doesn’t come across like someone who enjoys annoying others.
Jordan Ayew on 17:09 - Mar 2 with 1734 viewsnantywatcher

Jordan Ayew on 14:57 - Mar 2 by jack247

"BELITTLE"! Seriously?
I was not interested in debating with a group of people who:
A) Cannot communicate without resorting to vile and offensive language.
B) Who know the square root of fu*k all about football.
I knew their comments were crass, and to my knowledge you have never lowered your standards to their pathetic level. I am more than happy to debate with people on the current discussion, but totally disinterested in the thoughts of some of the original posters.
"Belittle" - give me strength.
Jordan Ayew on 17:25 - Mar 2 with 1722 viewsjack247

Jordan Ayew on 17:09 - Mar 2 by nantywatcher

"BELITTLE"! Seriously?
I was not interested in debating with a group of people who:
A) Cannot communicate without resorting to vile and offensive language.
B) Who know the square root of fu*k all about football.
I knew their comments were crass, and to my knowledge you have never lowered your standards to their pathetic level. I am more than happy to debate with people on the current discussion, but totally disinterested in the thoughts of some of the original posters.
"Belittle" - give me strength.

To be fair to you, I’ve never liked people bumping posts a few months down the line, either to look good themselves or to show others up. It just so happened I commented on this thread, it could have been others.

On the belittling point, I can’t agree with you there. ‘Wouldnt know the difference between a football and a grapefruit’ ‘be ashamed to ever comment again’ are both a bit patronising in my view.

As for the actual topic. I agree with you, there are some awful comments on there that were awful at the time. I’m not sure if ARQS was referring to that game specifically (when he turned in a Shelvey at Oxford type performance), or if he was looking as the bigger picture and actually meant get Ayew out of the club. If it’s the former, I can understand his frustration, if it’s the latter, he was wrong at the time, let alone now.

As I eluded to earlier, a new thread either praising Ayew in general or something like ‘Look at the difference between the Jordan who gave up at Anfield and the player who is bossing games for us now’ would have been better IMO.
Jordan Ayew on 17:50 - Mar 2 with 1695 viewsnantywatcher

Jordan Ayew on 17:25 - Mar 2 by jack247

To be fair to you, I’ve never liked people bumping posts a few months down the line, either to look good themselves or to show others up. It just so happened I commented on this thread, it could have been others.

On the belittling point, I can’t agree with you there. ‘Wouldnt know the difference between a football and a grapefruit’ ‘be ashamed to ever comment again’ are both a bit patronising in my view.

As for the actual topic. I agree with you, there are some awful comments on there that were awful at the time. I’m not sure if ARQS was referring to that game specifically (when he turned in a Shelvey at Oxford type performance), or if he was looking as the bigger picture and actually meant get Ayew out of the club. If it’s the former, I can understand his frustration, if it’s the latter, he was wrong at the time, let alone now.

As I eluded to earlier, a new thread either praising Ayew in general or something like ‘Look at the difference between the Jordan who gave up at Anfield and the player who is bossing games for us now’ would have been better IMO.

‘Wouldnt know the difference between a football and a grapefruit’ ‘be ashamed to ever comment again’ are both a bit patronising in my view.

I agree they are patronising, but purely because I do not want to debate at their level. Since I have been on this forum I have never verbally abused any one of our players (even my comments on Mesa, who I did not rate whatsoever, were reflective rather than destructive.)
Before Carlos came on board I swam against the tide and wrote on several occasions that this squad is good enough to survive in this league and why "supporters" come on here to abuse their own players is totally beyond me. Clucas is another example of a player who received abuse beyond belief - yet played in the right role he is a great asset - but I'll refrain from digging up all those repulsive comments.
Jordan Ayew on 18:02 - Mar 2 with 1677 viewsjack247

Jordan Ayew on 17:50 - Mar 2 by nantywatcher

‘Wouldnt know the difference between a football and a grapefruit’ ‘be ashamed to ever comment again’ are both a bit patronising in my view.

I agree they are patronising, but purely because I do not want to debate at their level. Since I have been on this forum I have never verbally abused any one of our players (even my comments on Mesa, who I did not rate whatsoever, were reflective rather than destructive.)
Before Carlos came on board I swam against the tide and wrote on several occasions that this squad is good enough to survive in this league and why "supporters" come on here to abuse their own players is totally beyond me. Clucas is another example of a player who received abuse beyond belief - yet played in the right role he is a great asset - but I'll refrain from digging up all those repulsive comments.

We’re pretty much on the same page, I agree with all of that. It would be massively hypocritical, but I’m sure I could find plenty of posts where I have said the same thing, both about the squad quality and Clucas.

The only bit we differ on is digging up old posts. Leave that to the people who need a comfort blanket when getting into football debates and need to feel big about themselves once in a while.
Jordan Ayew on 19:39 - Mar 2 with 1628 viewsTheResurrection

Jordan Ayew on 17:50 - Mar 2 by nantywatcher

I'm hoping to drag those ones back up in a few months mate

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Jordan Ayew on 19:46 - Mar 2 with 1618 viewsGaryjack

Jordan Ayew on 22:17 - Mar 1 by jack247

‘At the time’ was probably the time to put the op in his place then? Unless you think it’s more shameful now he’s on top form? Would you have dragged the thread up if his form had nosedived?

We have a couple on here who love dragging up old threads, but it’s simply because they are out of their depth trying to offer football opinions. They need the benefit of hindsight. You know your football, you aren’t in that position.

It’s not a knock at you, I’m just not a fan of it.

Totally agree with you Tim, it's terrible.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/126494/leigh-dineen/#0

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024