Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket prices? 15:37 - Jan 22 with 7235 viewsconnell10

Being as we aren't gonna trouble the top half of the table anytime soon do you think the club will consider putting ticket prices down next season?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ticket prices? on 09:29 - Jan 23 with 2091 viewsPinnerPaul

Ticket prices? on 17:24 - Jan 22 by connell10

So we keep paying prem prices? Our crowds will drop even further if this continues, i think our prices are far to high!

'Solution' is bigger stadium or the owners put in even more money (They already cover 100% of playing/coaching staff costs as it is btw)
Ticket prices? on 09:31 - Jan 23 with 2089 viewsPinnerPaul

Ticket prices? on 17:03 - Jan 22 by stevec

Next season, reckon the club should offer all season ticket holders their money back if we finish top six.

Club put half of it, say £3m on us finishing top half (probably even money) the other £3m on finishing top six (probably around 3/1).

Top half the club cuts even, top six the club makes an extra £6m.

If we finish bottom half, never mind, TF loses money like this every season on a Caulker and it'd now be in his interest to get us top half. Plus, we'd most likely sell a lot more season tickets.

Lee Hoos? Pah.

Except......... no bookie in the world would take a £3M bet!!!!!!!!!

Nice try Baldrick!
Ticket prices? on 09:32 - Jan 23 with 2087 viewsBlackCrowe

£700+ is too much outlay when the return is so lacklustre. I have absolutely no confidence that we will ever have a gentle flirt with the playoffs under Ollie (that's all i want really, a bit of hope/fun). Combine that and the time spent driving back and forth, trying to placate Mrs Crowe only to come home underwhelmed/flat (c.70% of the time).
The only things that I will miss if i don't review is the time and ritual spent with Young Crowe and our seats in E Paddock surrounded by fine people. Which admittedly count for a lot.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ticket prices? on 09:47 - Jan 23 with 2068 viewsstevec

Ticket prices? on 09:31 - Jan 23 by PinnerPaul

Except......... no bookie in the world would take a £3M bet!!!!!!!!!

Nice try Baldrick!

When they see TF outside the door, waving his wad, they'll bite his hand off.
Ticket prices? on 10:07 - Jan 23 with 2039 viewsstevec

Ticket prices? on 19:56 - Jan 22 by terryb

I've not checked & so I could be wrong, but I think our crowds are at least as high as they were 10 years ago.

Probably higher.

Yes the tickets are too expensive, but reducing them would not attract enough extra fans to match the exiating income.

*Reduce prices by £5 & the income is down circa £65k per match. That would require us to attract around 15,500 to match our current turnover. We have rarely in our history achieved that figure as our average crowd.

* Based on average crowds of 13,000 & average reduced price of £25.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 20:01]

As you say, the club don't have any scope to reduce the prices but I don't think the published attendance are quite what they seem.

We gave up on season tickets a couple of years ago but still attend most home games. What you notice when ordering tickets online is the lack of available tickets, yet when you get in the ground you can sit pretty much anywhere you like most games. Obviously, non attending season ticket holders get included in the matchday attendance which is fair enough, but it's hard to see many of those paying out for ST's again next season when barely turning up now.

Read something similar about Hull City recently, showing a crowd of 14000 plus, the turnstile count was actually around the 11000 mark.
Ticket prices? on 10:18 - Jan 23 with 2026 viewsPunteR

Its not just the ticket prices its the food and drink on top plus travel. It all adds up.
The cost is ridiculous really.
For me and my 16 year old lad its the best part of £100. For 90 minutes of mediocre football.
Its not just QPR but im not sure how football can justify its prices.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ticket prices? on 10:27 - Jan 23 with 2008 viewsMick_S

Ticket prices? on 10:18 - Jan 23 by PunteR

Its not just the ticket prices its the food and drink on top plus travel. It all adds up.
For me and my 16 year old lad its the best part of £100. For 90 minutes of mediocre football.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ticket prices? on 10:31 - Jan 23 with 1998 viewsNorthernr

Ticket prices? on 10:07 - Jan 23 by stevec

As you say, the club don't have any scope to reduce the prices but I don't think the published attendance are quite what they seem.

We gave up on season tickets a couple of years ago but still attend most home games. What you notice when ordering tickets online is the lack of available tickets, yet when you get in the ground you can sit pretty much anywhere you like most games. Obviously, non attending season ticket holders get included in the matchday attendance which is fair enough, but it's hard to see many of those paying out for ST's again next season when barely turning up now.

Read something similar about Hull City recently, showing a crowd of 14000 plus, the turnstile count was actually around the 11000 mark.

Yeh one of the midweek games this year, maybe Millwall? Or Barnsley towards the end of last season? I was looking around thinking this is a sub 10,000 crowd for sure and it still got reported as 12,000ish I think.
Login to get fewer ads

Ticket prices? on 11:41 - Jan 23 with 1929 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Ticket prices? on 09:32 - Jan 23 by BlackCrowe

£700+ is too much outlay when the return is so lacklustre. I have absolutely no confidence that we will ever have a gentle flirt with the playoffs under Ollie (that's all i want really, a bit of hope/fun). Combine that and the time spent driving back and forth, trying to placate Mrs Crowe only to come home underwhelmed/flat (c.70% of the time).
The only things that I will miss if i don't review is the time and ritual spent with Young Crowe and our seats in E Paddock surrounded by fine people. Which admittedly count for a lot.

Good post. I have to say that I disagree that Ollie can't get us higher up this league given time. Can't make any promises mind. If we're all depressed now, imagine if we sack Ollie and bring in someone else and nothing changes? Seems like quite a few people on here are unhappy threatening to stop attending. I don't know how much of this can be put down to the January blues or whether it's more serious than that.

I'm fairly sure that not much is going to change on the pitch in the short term. The club are aiming for small improvements each year. Which is the right thing in my opinion.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Ticket prices? on 11:58 - Jan 23 with 1902 viewsrobith

Ticket prices? on 10:07 - Jan 23 by stevec

Arsenal are legendary in this regard - they post the same attendance figure at every single game
Ticket prices? on 12:36 - Jan 23 with 1845 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ticket prices? on 11:58 - Jan 23 by robith

Arsenal are legendary in this regard - they post the same attendance figure at every single game

hard though isn't it? you base it on how many tickets are sold, surely? I guess as we all beep in now, there must be some way to get an accurate figure, but any attendance is always going to be ST Holders plus whoever else paid.

Bare bones.

Ticket prices? on 12:38 - Jan 23 with 1835 viewsNorthernr

Ticket prices? on 12:36 - Jan 23 by Antti_Heinola

hard though isn't it? you base it on how many tickets are sold, surely? I guess as we all beep in now, there must be some way to get an accurate figure, but any attendance is always going to be ST Holders plus whoever else paid.

Nah that's bollocks. The police, the fire and the club know how many people are in the ground, they have to. With electronic barcode admission now they'll know up to the minute how many people are in and where. They put out inflated figures for commercial purposes.
Ticket prices? on 17:10 - Jan 23 with 1702 viewsPinnerPaul

Ticket prices? on 12:38 - Jan 23 by Northernr

Nah that's bollocks. The police, the fire and the club know how many people are in the ground, they have to. With electronic barcode admission now they'll know up to the minute how many people are in and where. They put out inflated figures for commercial purposes.

You're probably correct but what 'commercial purpose' is it and how does it benefit the club?

VAT will be have been paid over when ST holders paid, so not sure what benefit arises from inflating actual numbers in the ground?
Ticket prices? on 18:09 - Jan 23 with 1644 viewsTacticalR

I think there two different issues here. The costs of going to football, and whether there is anything worth seeing when you get there. It certainly looks like there are some games, such as FA Cup games, that nobody wants to see at any price.

Btw, does anyone remember Fernandes saying he believed in flexible pricing? Perhaps that was another one of his flights of fancy?

"I'm a big believer in flexible pricing and it's one of my dreams with a better stadium, and London's corporate hospitality, to reduce the cost of some seats."

QPR chairman reveals new 40,000-capacity stadium plan
http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/265915.html

Air hostess clique

Ticket prices? on 18:35 - Jan 23 with 1619 viewsPinnerPaul

Ticket prices? on 18:09 - Jan 23 by TacticalR

I think there two different issues here. The costs of going to football, and whether there is anything worth seeing when you get there. It certainly looks like there are some games, such as FA Cup games, that nobody wants to see at any price.

Btw, does anyone remember Fernandes saying he believed in flexible pricing? Perhaps that was another one of his flights of fancy?

"I'm a big believer in flexible pricing and it's one of my dreams with a better stadium, and London's corporate hospitality, to reduce the cost of some seats."

QPR chairman reveals new 40,000-capacity stadium plan
http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/265915.html

He says we can do it (reduce prices) with a bigger stadium, which is consistent with what LH has always said.
Ticket prices? on 19:18 - Jan 23 with 1589 viewsLongsufferingR

Never really understood why people get upset about ST holders being included in attendance figures even if they don't show up.

Can't think of anything short of John T@@ry becoming manager that would stop me renewing but the club will need to come up with more and various ways of pricing to encourage newbies and those who can't afford STs.
Ticket prices? on 19:31 - Jan 23 with 1565 viewsfrancisbowles

If you renewed after last season, then is it better or worse this year?

I would have thought that it has been a fair bit better.

I understand the whole cost of going thing. I have moved and have a 200 mile, four hour round trip instead of 60 miles, 90 minutes'ish.

I know that if I didn't renew, come August I would be so desperate to get to see my team.
Ticket prices? on 19:41 - Jan 23 with 1554 viewsstowmarketrange

Ticket prices? on 10:18 - Jan 23 by PunteR

My daughter is 16 in March and that means she’ll be charged adult prices for the train journey to games.Instead of £6.50 now she will cost £23.50.
£46 just in train fares will make me think twice before renewing.
Ticket prices? on 19:42 - Jan 23 with 1549 viewssmegma

Ticket prices? on 17:24 - Jan 22 by connell10

So we keep paying prem prices? Our crowds will drop even further if this continues, i think our prices are far to high!

Premier prices ? My ST is £400. For the first time I'm paying it in monthly instalments at £40 a pop. When the club announced the interest free monthly scheme last summer it seemed to be praised to the rafters on here, and rightly so. I don't know what more the club can do??

My ST works out at sub £18 a game. A ticket for the terraces in most National League grounds is £18. I know where I'd rather be every other Saturday
Ticket prices? on 20:26 - Jan 23 with 1515 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’ve been a bad fan this season, owing to a change in work and personal circumstances, but Burton was one of the best away days (and only my second this season) i’ve had in a long long time and reminded me of the previous Holloway years.
Ticket prices? on 21:03 - Jan 23 with 1479 viewscolinallcars

Ticket prices? on 19:18 - Jan 23 by LongsufferingR

Never really understood why people get upset about ST holders being included in attendance figures even if they don't show up.

Can't think of anything short of John T@@ry becoming manager that would stop me renewing but the club will need to come up with more and various ways of pricing to encourage newbies and those who can't afford STs.

You are right. The club has a huge task attracting newbies especially when so many kids are star- struck from watching big stars on TV. Us older (ancient!) ST holders are keeping the faith although I admit I hardly enjoy my visits these days. I'll keep going 'til I drop I guess but obviously in the long term we'll all have to stop sometime
Ticket prices? on 13:07 - Jan 24 with 1355 viewsTGRRRSSS

Ticket prices? on 19:41 - Jan 23 by stowmarketrange

My daughter is 16 in March and that means she’ll be charged adult prices for the train journey to games.Instead of £6.50 now she will cost £23.50.
£46 just in train fares will make me think twice before renewing.

ONe thing which will help is to get her a Young Persons Card huge savings.

Much I could add to this but bottom line is the overall cost of everything (travel food etc) means I dont go hardly at all now, was never a STer but in years gone by I'd go to as many as I could.

Even car parking at train station is more more prohibitive now round my way with Traffic wardens etc.

Not just the tickets/footie but those dont help.

Also football in general, its a bit shit to be honest not sure why but alot of what I used to enjoy has slowly gone away.
Ticket prices? on 13:12 - Jan 24 with 1345 viewsMick_S

Ticket prices? on 13:07 - Jan 24 by TGRRRSSS

Much I could add to this but bottom line is the overall cost of everything (travel food etc) means I dont go hardly at all now, was never a STer but in years gone by I'd go to as many as I could.

Even car parking at train station is more more prohibitive now round my way with Traffic wardens etc.

Also football in general, its a bit shit to be honest not sure why but alot of what I used to enjoy has slowly gone away.

It's not just ticket prices, and I know this has been done to death, but using the BBC figures for Sanchez's salary - I would have to work about three years to earn what he does in a bastard day. Balls to it.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ticket prices? on 13:19 - Jan 24 with 1329 viewsqprd

Ticket prices? on 17:10 - Jan 23 by PinnerPaul

You're probably correct but what 'commercial purpose' is it and how does it benefit the club?

VAT will be have been paid over when ST holders paid, so not sure what benefit arises from inflating actual numbers in the ground?

There are a few conceivable commercial purposes

Just as an example, imagine you want to advertise your company with a sign at Loftus Road. Would you pay more if you thought that 16k eye balls would see your sign as opposed to 13k?
Ticket prices? on 13:37 - Jan 24 with 1302 viewsstowmarketrange

Ticket prices? on 13:07 - Jan 24 by TGRRRSSS

WE use a network railcard now and that gives us 1/3rd off the prices.Would she save any more with your suggested card?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024