Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Milwall (H) 18:58 - Feb 6 with 12893 viewsShun

Edit for subs: Moore, Nthle, Rathbone, Inman, Thompson, Adshead, Gillam
[Post edited 6 Feb 2018 19:01]
Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:02 - Feb 6 with 2910 views442Dale

That’s up there in the all-time top ten Dale performances taking everything into consideration. The work rate was immense.

Andy Cannon should be a fixture in midfield for the rest of this season and next. L

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:06 - Feb 6 with 2864 viewsRAFCBLUE

I've been massively critical of the pitch issues to date but:

1) Fair play to everyone concerned - I didn't think that we would get that game on ever.

2) The supporters who filled and drilled must be rewarded. That tie vs Spurs is worth £250k at least; the club must recognise them somehow for the remainder of this season out of that money.

3) Fair play to Dale for trying to play football on that pitch and nice to see the goal was on the deck.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:07 - Feb 6 with 2860 viewsShun

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:10 - Feb 6 with 2807 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:06 - Feb 6 by RAFCBLUE

I've been massively critical of the pitch issues to date but:

1) Fair play to everyone concerned - I didn't think that we would get that game on ever.

2) The supporters who filled and drilled must be rewarded. That tie vs Spurs is worth £250k at least; the club must recognise them somehow for the remainder of this season out of that money.

3) Fair play to Dale for trying to play football on that pitch and nice to see the goal was on the deck.

Agree with your sentiments but it's not definitely Spurs yet....
Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:14 - Feb 6 with 2718 viewsleedsdale

What a result!

Really strong performance too; we definitely looked up for it early on with a couple of crunching tackles, and truth be told Millwall never really looked up for it.

Cannon a worthy man of the match - he has really come on leaps and bounds. Honourable mentions for Done (tireless and creative) and McGahey (he shouldn’t be on the bench) but pretty much everyone played well. You can tell the system suits the players and they are comfortable with it.
Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:17 - Feb 6 with 2673 viewsRAFCBLUE

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:10 - Feb 6 by richfoad32

True.

You can get 20/1 on it being Newport though only 11/100 on it being Spurs.

I think Spurs will do tomorrow what Swansea did to Notts County tonight (sorry chalky)

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:20 - Feb 6 with 2615 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:10 - Feb 6 by richfoad32

Newport isn't the worst tie in the world. We are now as far as we have ever been in over 100 years. A game v Newport for a place in the quarter finals would do for me as a consolation prize
Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:23 - Feb 6 with 2556 viewsShun

Just such a goddamn good performance on a pitch that, admittedly, looks a lot worse than it plays. Well done for sticking to your values, Hill, and playing the football that RAFC is associated with.

Kitching and Cannon were both absolutely superb in midfield, Andrew and Henderson are forming a great partnership up front and were both brilliant again tonight, but my man of the match was Matty Done who's done more as a left wing-back in 2 matches than Bunney did all season.

Brilliant!
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:26 - Feb 6 with 2516 viewsBarrowdale

Big it up for Mark Kitchen too.
Immense tonight. Not been my fave but was superb. Well done the lot of you!!
Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:27 - Feb 6 with 2503 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:17 - Feb 6 by RAFCBLUE

True.

I think Spurs will do tomorrow what Swansea did to Notts County tonight (sorry chalky)

Spurs 8-1 is 550/1, lump on! Agree with you they'll win comfortably though.
Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:31 - Feb 6 with 2452 viewsR17ALE

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:02 - Feb 6 by 442Dale

That’s up there in the all-time top ten Dale performances taking everything into consideration. The work rate was immense.

Andy Cannon should be a fixture in midfield for the rest of this season and next. L

Fully agree.

Cannon plays with such bravery, as did his midfield colleagues Camps and Kitching. It beggars belief that 2 out of those 3 haven't been starting every week.

To be fair, they were all very brave tonight, and I thought the quality of play produced on, arguably a difficult surface, was excellent.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:34 - Feb 6 with 2422 views1mark1

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:31 - Feb 6 by R17ALE

Fully agree.

Cannon plays with such bravery, as did his midfield colleagues Camps and Kitching. It beggars belief that 2 out of those 3 haven't been starting every week.

To be fair, they were all very brave tonight, and I thought the quality of play produced on, arguably a difficult surface, was excellent.

Absolutely brilliant, great performances, UP THE DALE. I never remembered Blackpool beach being so bloody cold though. 😀

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:34 - Feb 6 with 2413 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:17 - Feb 6 by RAFCBLUE

True.

I bet Chalky is proper fooked off

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:52 - Feb 6 with 2274 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:14 - Feb 6 by leedsdale

What a result!

Really strong performance too; we definitely looked up for it early on with a couple of crunching tackles, and truth be told Millwall never really looked up for it.

Cannon a worthy man of the match - he has really come on leaps and bounds. Honourable mentions for Done (tireless and creative) and McGahey (he shouldn’t be on the bench) but pretty much everyone played well. You can tell the system suits the players and they are comfortable with it.

Above all else, the most encouraging thing about tonight is that at long last we seem to have settled on a system with quality in every area of the pitch

If we can't fight our way out of trouble now i'll be bloody annoyed! Take that performance against a championside side and repeat it again and again

Two games running we've held onto a 1-0 lead, and tonight with what seemed like some comfort

Agree with all the plaudits for Cannon, Done, Hendo, McGahey already mentioned but two more:

Andrew - immense all night and created the goal, even though the move was started and finished superbly by Hendo

Camps - now the window's gone, seemed to just buckle down and sorted us out in midfield with skill and composure

Oh, and Delaney. Not the finished article, but he's a really good prospect and playing in that system gives him every chance of success

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:55 - Feb 6 with 2250 viewsDaleiLama

Was it cold. I didn't notice. Just couldn't get enough of the game. We took it to them and bossed it for most of the game. Never stopped running. Midfield suddenly looks a strength again. Done and Hendo linking up and playing behind each other running into spaces dizzying bigger more unwieldy defenders. Unplayable at times. A performance full of heart from start to finish. How can this team possibly be relegated? It's too good and only now is it fully apparent how much we have been underperforming. We get a lot wrong but when we get it right we have a lot to be very proud of. I include the manager who made this happen. At least we won't have to listen to anyone asking for his head on a plate agajn for a while.

UP THE DALE

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:57 - Feb 6 with 2237 viewsfollon

We ran them off the park, Millwall not even in it all night.
Match thread: Milwall (H) on 23:01 - Feb 6 with 2170 viewsDale92

Kitching has to be this seasons most improved player. Seemed a stupid buy 12months ago but fast becoming the teams unsung hero imo

This is the One, I've waited for

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 23:07 - Feb 6 with 2090 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 23:01 - Feb 6 by Dale92

Kitching has to be this seasons most improved player. Seemed a stupid buy 12months ago but fast becoming the teams unsung hero imo

He was presented an opportunity and he took it. Good luck to him. He seems to be looking for the ball rather than avoiding it now.

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 23:15 - Feb 6 with 2029 viewsScunnydale

What a great result. I couldn't be there, nor could I be near my phone for fear of it buzzing after the 53rd minute.

So glad to hear about the picked-out players and that they tried to play - and succeeded in playing - good football on that tricky pitch. Well done to all the players and those who got the pitch to an acceptable level.

So happy right now. Even as an optimist, I thought it would be hard to feel so happy with us being so close to the bottom of the league. Yes, it's not Darlo in the play-offs or 9 minutes into Rushden away, but it's different. This could be the moment that defines the season. If this was the league, we've taken four points off a mid-table Championship team, and could've won away too. This could be the result that kick-starts our season. Can we beat the drop? Who knows. But with the likes of McGahey, Delaney, Camps, Cannon, Hendo, Done (and the others), we have as good a chance as anyone.

Let's do this!
Match thread: Milwall (H) on 23:32 - Feb 6 with 1973 viewsBazzanne

Great result tonight, let's hope its the catalyst for good league run to avoid the drop. Proud and happy supporter here.
Match thread: Milwall (H) on 23:37 - Feb 6 with 1936 viewsDaleFan7

Great result and every player can be proud of how they played with Cannon a deserved MoM. A bit windfall for the club and a decent tie whoever wins tomorrow.

On a slightly sour note, some of that windfall will likely go towards the fine from the FA from people running on the pitch and especially the idiots who did it just to goad the Millwall fans.
Match thread: Milwall (H) on 23:38 - Feb 6 with 1925 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 22:52 - Feb 6 by D_Alien

Above all else, the most encouraging thing about tonight is that at long last we seem to have settled on a system with quality in every area of the pitch

If we can't fight our way out of trouble now i'll be bloody annoyed! Take that performance against a championside side and repeat it again and again

Two games running we've held onto a 1-0 lead, and tonight with what seemed like some comfort

Agree with all the plaudits for Cannon, Done, Hendo, McGahey already mentioned but two more:

Andrew - immense all night and created the goal, even though the move was started and finished superbly by Hendo

Camps - now the window's gone, seemed to just buckle down and sorted us out in midfield with skill and composure

Oh, and Delaney. Not the finished article, but he's a really good prospect and playing in that system gives him every chance of success

Really Really impressed with Delaney tonight! 1st impressions are he's going to be a superb find by Hill. Early days but he looks a very good defender who can play a bit.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 23:49 - Feb 6 with 1864 viewsrochdale_ranger

Ive slagged this team off alot this season (justifiably in most cases) but tonight they were outstanding. Done at leftback was immense. This gives me hope for the rest of the season.
Match thread: Milwall (H) on 00:09 - Feb 7 with 1789 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 23:49 - Feb 6 by rochdale_ranger

Ive slagged this team off alot this season (justifiably in most cases) but tonight they were outstanding. Done at leftback was immense. This gives me hope for the rest of the season.

It's a different formation and personnel in key areas. What we saw masquerading under the name of Rochdale before a week or so ago wasn't a Hill team. Its like we've been trying to shout at him to wake up but in a nightmare where you're helpless to get through - but now it's happened

Done is transformed at wingback, Hendo's back where he should be, Andrew looks at least a division ahead of what he was when he arrived, McNulty no longer looks a mistake waiting to happen, Rafferty's got back the place he should never have been denied, Cannon's playing like a force of nature...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 00:15 - Feb 7 with 1764 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Milwall (H) on 00:09 - Feb 7 by D_Alien

It's a different formation and personnel in key areas. What we saw masquerading under the name of Rochdale before a week or so ago wasn't a Hill team. Its like we've been trying to shout at him to wake up but in a nightmare where you're helpless to get through - but now it's happened

Done is transformed at wingback, Hendo's back where he should be, Andrew looks at least a division ahead of what he was when he arrived, McNulty no longer looks a mistake waiting to happen, Rafferty's got back the place he should never have been denied, Cannon's playing like a force of nature...

And ironically, one of our better players, Ollie, can't even get in the team but he wasn't playing at his best either

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024