Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended 18:30 - Mar 17 with 8892 viewsNoDiddley

For personal reasons, atmosphere, drunk or just something that happened that day!
Mine
1) 1967 League cup final as a 9 year old, I remember more about that than last weeks win against Sunderland.
2) Play-off final v Derby 2014 because it was a roller coaster of emotions & I was there with my mates!
3) Play off semi v Oldham 2003 I've never seen the ground 'move' before that night & ive been going for years, unbelievable atmosphere."
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:22 - Mar 18 with 1910 viewsMedwayR

In no particular order:

3-3 vs Middlesbrough. First game that I can remember and the one that had me hooked.
1-0 vs Oldham. Best atmosphere I've experienced, I doubt it'll ever be beaten.
1-0 vs chelsea. Loved it, everything about it. The performance, the atmosphere, the red cards, the consequences for a certain someone, the reaction from my scum supporting mates (only one of them took it well as he was sensible enough to see it coming beforehand, the rest were typically arrogant).

Honourable mentions for the 2-2 at Derby and the 1-0 at Brentford.

Poll: Who’s better?

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:52 - Mar 18 with 1896 viewsRangersDave

Hillsborough
Highbury S.F.
Any match with the class of 76/77, simply football like you would not believe.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 14:24 - Mar 18 with 1849 viewsHantsR

Derby 1 QPR 5 - Stan hat trick and the start of a great season. With girlfriend, current Mrs Hants, in home end.
Wet Spam 4 QPR 3 - Ok we lost and on reflection, not possibly in my top 3, but a memorable game in a disastrous season. Bobby Moore rare goal and er, Harry Redknapp scorers.
Wembley 24/05/14 'can - you -be-lieve it? No!!'
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 16:34 - Mar 18 with 1801 viewsterryb

1) Villa 1 Rangers 2 - May 1968 & promotion to the top division for the first time.

2) Rangsers 1 Oldham 0 - Play off semi final & I've never known an atmosphere to rival that night.

3) Ipswich 0 Rangers 2 - October 1983. The first time we won there since my move to Ipswich in 1974. We outplayed them for 90 minutes, even more than in the win ubder Warnock. I was quite pleased that day!
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 17:19 - Mar 18 with 1761 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:16 - Mar 18 by AgedR

I could have sworn they did. Regardless, it was a great day. Pineapples were the order of the day. This was also the time when Nottingham has the supposed favourable female to make ratio.

And yes it a younger aged was successful!

My recollection was that many of them did but it was ruined by some of their idiots barging over and giving it shapes. Got messy and shouty and sweary after that. Lots of "hold me back"s.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 17:25 - Mar 18 with 1758 viewsDannyPaddox

1974: Rs 3-1 Spuds.
My first visit to Loftus Road. Remember it like yesterday. A packed terraced Loft. The smell of the grass. The goal posts. The shallow nets. The green of Phil Parkes goalie-jersey. Dave Thomas's naked dancing shins. Gerry Francis flying through the air like a barrel-chested homing pigeon to head home the third. Fried onions. Percy Dalton's monkey nuts. Spurs oiks in the Loft in white overalls singing about someone called Squirrel. I could go on.

2011: 1-0 home vs Racist John's band of merry morons.
15 years of pent up frustration released in a spontaneous relentless joyous 2 hour hate-fest starting from the moment the teams were read out to long after the final whistle. 15 years of watching your team drop almost to the point of extinction while every time you put the tele on its Ch*ls** scum vs Athletico Whoever in the Eurovision bloody song contest. Never has a crowd so blatantly won a football match. Well done everyone that day.

2014: Wembley. Oohhh Bobby Zamora!
Just before the goal the Rs end was bathed in glorious sunshine with Derby in the shadows. Wondering if this was an omen. Then that moment. Hoilet to Keogh to Zamora to back of the net. And the one second that seemed to last for an hour as everyone took in what they had seen. Then the uproar, the beautiful chaos, the joy, the flags, the unbelievable ecstasy. And then the fcuking bonus season. 😑

Honourable mentions
Boxing Day 1974: Leicester 4-2
High winds. Parkes scores. Never seen a goalie score before. Ruled out. Bastard Scrooge lino. It's flipping Christmas ain't it!? Parkes assists with next kick. A cracker.
1978 FA Cup Replay: West Ham 6-1.
Rainy night. No hoops. The Loft crawling with West Ham. A pocket of safety under the floodlights. 6 mins Pop Robson puts them in lead. Bang bang bang bang bang bang FT: 6-1. Haha!
1984: Highbury: Partizan Belgrade 6-2.
Another rainy night. Another six goals inc. a Warren Neill rocket. Planning with mates a trip abroad for next round. France. Belgium, Holland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal? 😑
2012: Rs 3 Liverpool 2
When Mackie came on as a sub 2 down on 70 mins, I thought, oh well we're down now. Oh me of little faith.
2012: The Etihad: Man City. Staying up!
Amazeballs. Doubt if we'll see an end to the season like that again.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 17:53]
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 17:38 - Mar 18 with 1742 viewsEsox_Lucius

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:16 - Mar 18 by AgedR

I could have sworn they did. Regardless, it was a great day. Pineapples were the order of the day. This was also the time when Nottingham has the supposed favourable female to make ratio.

And yes it a younger aged was successful!

It was Bayern fans that came over and applauded. A few came into the crowd too to say how good our support was that day. I also remember Macca, Brevett? and Ray Wilkins joining us on the terraces too, there may have been more but it was all a bit crazy that afternoon. I am fairly sure were still in the ground as it neared 6 O'clock.

*edit. As I was typing this out I remembered another great game I went to where the QPR support was phenomenal; Aston Villa 1 - QPR 2. The last game of the season and we were promoted to the First Division by 0.039 of a goal or some such nonsense over Blackpool. I think Rodney was only wearing his jock as he was carried off the pitch by our fans. It seemed like the motorway only had QPR fans on it on the way back :-)
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 17:42]

The grass is always greener.

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 17:56 - Mar 18 with 1711 viewsAgedR

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 17:25 - Mar 18 by DannyPaddox

My first visit to Loftus Road. Remember it like yesterday. A packed terraced Loft. The smell of the grass. The goal posts. The shallow nets. The green of Phil Parkes goalie-jersey. Dave Thomas's naked dancing shins. Gerry Francis flying through the air like a barrel-chested homing pigeon to head home the third. Fried onions. Percy Dalton's monkey nuts. Spurs oiks in the Loft in white overalls singing about someone called Squirrel. I could go on.

15 years of pent up frustration released in a spontaneous relentless joyous 2 hour hate-fest starting from the moment the teams were read out to long after the final whistle. 15 years of watching your team drop almost to the point of extinction while every time you put the tele on its Ch*ls** scum vs Athletico Whoever in the Eurovision bloody song contest. Never has a crowd so blatantly won a football match. Well done everyone that day.

Just before the goal the Rs end was bathed in glorious sunshine with Derby in the shadows. Wondering if this was an omen. Then that moment. Hoilet to Keogh to Zamora to back of the net. And the one second that seemed to last for an hour as everyone took in what they had seen. Then the uproar, the beautiful chaos, the joy, the flags, the unbelievable ecstasy. And then the fcuking bonus season. 😑

Honourable mentions
High winds. Parkes scores. Never seen a goalie score before. Ruled out. Bastard Scrooge lino. It's flipping Christmas ain't it!? Parkes assists with next kick. A cracker.
Rainy night. No hoops. The Loft crawling with West Ham. A pocket of safety under the floodlights. 6 mins Pop Robson puts them in lead. Bang bang bang bang bang bang FT: 6-1. Haha!
Another rainy night. Another six goals inc. a Warren Neill rocket. Planning with mates a trip abroad for next round. France. Belgium, Holland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal? 😑
When Mackie came on as a sub 2 down on 70 mins, I thought, oh well we're down now. Oh me of little faith.

That is a splendid post my friend!

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 18:23 - Mar 18 with 1680 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Honourable mentions

Post of the year so far!

Lyrical brilliance.

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 18:25 - Mar 18 with 1672 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 17:38 - Mar 18 by Esox_Lucius

It was Bayern fans that came over and applauded. A few came into the crowd too to say how good our support was that day. I also remember Macca, Brevett? and Ray Wilkins joining us on the terraces too, there may have been more but it was all a bit crazy that afternoon. I am fairly sure were still in the ground as it neared 6 O'clock.

*edit. As I was typing this out I remembered another great game I went to where the QPR support was phenomenal; Aston Villa 1 - QPR 2. The last game of the season and we were promoted to the First Division by 0.039 of a goal or some such nonsense over Blackpool. I think Rodney was only wearing his jock as he was carried off the pitch by our fans. It seemed like the motorway only had QPR fans on it on the way back :-)
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 17:42]

Bayern?

Wilkins and co. on the terrace?

Not doubting you in the lightest, Esox, as my memory is atrocious. Just really curious.

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 20:28 - Mar 18 with 1606 viewsdistortR

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 18:25 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Bayern?

Not doubting you in the lightest, Esox, as my memory is atrocious. Just really curious.

the friendliness continued all the way to the station, i recall. we had a pregnant woman in our group and were trying to shield her from friendly forest fans and zealous coppers.
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 20:42 - Mar 18 with 1588 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 20:28 - Mar 18 by distortR

the friendliness continued all the way to the station, i recall. we had a pregnant woman in our group and were trying to shield her from friendly forest fans and zealous coppers.

Definitely remember it being stupid afterwards, alright. Anyway, Top 3?

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 20:49 - Mar 18 with 1583 viewsBostonR

1. 1975 - Rs 2 v Liverpool 0. The start of an amazing season
2. 1975 - Derby 1 v R’s 5. An amazing hat-trick from Stan against the Champions.
3. Play-off v Derby - just a great day.

Other memories-
1977 - A Villa 2 v Rs 2 - League Cup Semi-Final at Villa Park.
1976 - Rs 4 v FC Cologne 1 - UEFA Cup.
1982 - Semi-Final at Highbury.
1986 - Rs 6 v Chelsea 0.
2003 - Rs 1 v Oldham 0.
1990 - Rs 2 v Arsenal 0 - FA Cup.
1982 - Rs 0 v Spurs 1 - FA Cup final replay. Should have won it.
1976 - Spurs 0 v Rs 3 - Stan and Gerry ripped them a new one.
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 21:31 - Mar 18 with 1557 viewsdistortR

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 20:42 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Definitely remember it being stupid afterwards, alright. Anyway, Top 3?

pretty much the same as yours, we went to matches at the same time!
bobby zamora day,
anfield 3-1 as it felt like a righting of past injustices,
and then one of old trafford, sheff wed, 3-1 at highbury, 6-0 chelsea, the milk cup victory at the bridge and the semi at anfield, the cup weekend at blackpool for the crack, take a pick from any of yours or smegma's!
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 22:03 - Mar 18 with 1538 viewsonlyrinmoray

Bobby Zamora Play off Final obviously

Away at Newcastle won 2-1 Steyskal with last minute penalty save Les and Bradley with the goals brilliant performance

Leeds home Faurlingate got the OK to be promoted at 11am on the day of the game !!! Only at QPR

Honourable mention for Leeds away won 3-1 Danny Dichio and Trevor Sinclair Leeds were just back from a European game doing really well I expected a stuffing but we won (a bit like Saturday )

I was at the 67 Final but it was so long ago cant remember much so cant put it in my top 3
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 22:24 - Mar 18 with 1521 viewsEsox_Lucius

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 18:25 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Bayern?

Our last game in the Premiership from our first stint. Filling the Cricketers? pub up with R's fans from around mid day onwards. We had beaten WHU the home game before but other results went against us (The David Pizanti goal game?) and a lot of R's in fancy dress with the highlight being a lad dressed as Jesus standing with his arms out and the R's fans singing "Jesus, Jesus give us a miracle etc." It was also the game of Jason Lee being serenaded with his pineapple on his head tune. IIRC the Bayern thing was a large group of their fans who had made the trip and possibly to do with Forest beating them in the European Cup. They were seated in the stand to the left of where the Rangers fans were and originally applauded at the end facing the R's fans and then some climbed over and came over to applaud with some coming in amongst us. I have absolutely no recollection of any trouble with Trees fans afterwards at all.

The grass is always greener.

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 22:43 - Mar 18 with 1488 viewsHendonHoop

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 22:24 - Mar 18 by Esox_Lucius

Our last game in the Premiership from our first stint. Filling the Cricketers? pub up with R's fans from around mid day onwards. We had beaten WHU the home game before but other results went against us (The David Pizanti goal game?) and a lot of R's in fancy dress with the highlight being a lad dressed as Jesus standing with his arms out and the R's fans singing "Jesus, Jesus give us a miracle etc." It was also the game of Jason Lee being serenaded with his pineapple on his head tune. IIRC the Bayern thing was a large group of their fans who had made the trip and possibly to do with Forest beating them in the European Cup. They were seated in the stand to the left of where the Rangers fans were and originally applauded at the end facing the R's fans and then some climbed over and came over to applaud with some coming in amongst us. I have absolutely no recollection of any trouble with Trees fans afterwards at all.

For me it would be,

QPR 4-1 Plymouth Argyle 1967
QPR 2-0 Arsenal 1973
QPR 6-1 West Ham United 1978
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 22:49 - Mar 18 with 1484 viewsdezzar

Bobby Zamora day

Hillsboro

Man City 1997? Jesus we need a miracle , Thank you Jamie Pollock
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 23:13 - Mar 18 with 1467 viewsSydneyRs

6-0 v the scum

2-0 Cup replay v Arsenal in torrential rain in 1990.

1982 FA cup final replay. I was 12, my Dad got tickets the day before. We were brilliant and played a very good Spurs team off the park. Our fans were superb from start to finish. So unlucky to lose. I've never been prouder after a game despite the result.

Honourable mentions to the 5-5 v geordies, promotion and championship winning games in 1983, 6-0 v Palace to stay up, the Jamie Pollock game at Maine Road, trouncing West Ham 3-0 at Upton Park on the opening day in 87/88, the first time I saw us beat Liverpool in around 84 or 85 (2-1 win, Bannister scored), the sublime second half in the 4-1 win over Spurs in the early 90s and a 3-0 night win at Vicarage Road with Elton John getting pelters form the away end all game
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 00:50 - Mar 19 with 1434 viewsOakR

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 22:49 - Mar 18 by dezzar

Bobby Zamora day

Hillsboro

Man City 1997? Jesus we need a miracle , Thank you Jamie Pollock

Forgot about the Man City match. I was seeing a girl from Manchester at the time, and had got a lift in from one of her friends (Man City fan). In all fairness to him, he waited for me outside the ground when he cold very well have left me there. Quiet car journey back mind you.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 02:54 - Mar 19 with 1419 viewsFDC

1. Man City last game of the season.
2. Hillsborough promotion
3. Wembley final
4. Chelsea 1 v 0 Helgusson pen
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 09:16 - Mar 19 with 1317 viewsToast_R

Playoff Final 2014
Play off Semi Final 2003
QPR 3 - 2 Liverpool 2012.
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 11:31 - Mar 19 with 1239 viewsPinnerPaul

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:21 - Mar 18 by komradkirk

3 of the more obvious ones for me.

Oldham play off home semi final,just pipped the Wigan semi.
Bobby Zamora day
Promotion day at Wednesday.

Wee Olly involved in two.

Just going to write the same 3!

As you've picked mine, for older viewers honourable mentions must go to

FA Cup Semi at Highbury
QPR 3 Coventry 2 (FA Cup - Stan scored last minute winner from a free kick at Loft end)
QPR 6 West Ham 1 and finally THE most toxic atmosphere ever experienced QPR 1 Chelsea 0 when THEY, including HIM totally lost the plot.
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:10 - Mar 19 with 1212 viewspaulparker

im going to go a bit leftfield with my choices, so many wonderful memories of going the last 34 years , of course the Oldham game, the play off final, the Warnock season , the Hillsborough beam back , the Chelsea 1-0 game are special and everyone's favourites considering the lack of success since 67 but these 3 im picking just on the fond memories they give and that they stick in my mind

QPR 4 - Spurs 1 1992

a special time in my life I was 17, working , cash on the hip , going to raves and do's , had a few girlfriends on the go etc, I was going with mates all the time to Rangers and , no longer did I go to the games with my old man , anyway he was getting divorced with my mum and I had a call out the blue to see if I fancied going , I umed and rr'd a bit as I thought I was to jack the lad to just go with dad ( what a little fcker eh ? )
I insisted that we stand in the paddocks, dad was a SAR man , anyway H/T we are 1-0 down peacock slips on his ar se and we play poor , the old man is moaning about standing and watching us play bad , 2nd half we come out and dominate them and ive never seen a 45 minutes since , we battered them it could and should have been 8 never mind 4 , all of the goals in front of us in the paddock topped off with a Wilkins diving header , we were the best team in the land at that point no one could touch us , to share that with my dad was special he had Bowles, Marsh, morgan twins, les allen , Thomas , Francis and this now was my generation of great players , the train ride home flew by as we just talked football

QPR 3 - Barnsley 2 Fa cup 1997

the night before I had been at a mates b/day bash and to say I was feeling rough would be an understatement , dad had got tickets for the game in the SAR (of course) as he had seen the comeback against port vale the week before and thought we need to go
I wasn't feeling it but didn't want to let him down, just breathing was difficult as I was so hungover , dad thought I was a tart and that I needed a hair of the dog so we went to the British legion in Greenford where my granddad was taking up residence at the bar, 5 pints later and tales of how great brian bedford was (granddad had been going since the war ) I was in the mood and had a second wind, well what a game it had everything didn't it keeper bloopers (Roberts), impey throwing haymakers, (my dad going nuts because he got a standing ovation as he was sent off) the 5 pints had taken its toll on dad and he slipped to the toilet as he did this maddix got it on the right and looped in a hanging cross, I was dead level with Sinclair as he twisted in mid air, WTF is he doing I thought , then just bedlam , "what a fcking goal" I kept shouting at people , my dad ran down the stairs as he must of heard the roar , i just said to him over and over "you missed the best goal ever scored" yeah, yeah " he went
that night i was at home , hung over again watching MOTD to see it again , after they showed it the phone goes its Dad "yeah i did miss the goal of the century, what a prat"
we still rib him to this day

QPR 4 - Preston 0

close to perfection was this game , watching Adel, Routledge, Buzacky tear them apart was just a real treat a real privilege to be there especially adels first goal , a great day me and a mate had met some random preston fans and we all ended up pre game in the pub just talking and chatting football , not p1ssed up or nothing just a load of blokes talking and having a laugh , we ended up in the Green after and saw the same Preston lads walking past , we beckoned them in and carried on drinking with them until late ,
i ended up in my mums pub in wheat hampstead for afters where i bored the locals of the great performance i had witnessed , how jim magilton was the new arsene wenger and QPR were the new Brazil of 1970
if Carlsberg did football days this would be it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:15 - Mar 19 with 1206 viewsbrad

Honourable mentions

remember the west ham game.... i think we wore white tops... blue shorts.....u were right ....loft full of west ham....under the lights...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024