Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... 00:05 - Mar 27 with 11116 viewsTheResurrection

... these days. He should seriously consider hanging his boots up. A real embarrassment and if he's not careful nobody will remember the bar brawler defender he once was and all they will is this flummoxing baboon running around like a headless Trigger at Margate. Even the facking inflatable dolphin would put in better displays.

I watched the highlights (In Uruguyan) of the Wales game today to look for clips of Andy King - fack me, what superb technique from him as well for the various shots outside the box - well done lad.

But Williams, Jesus Christ, absolutely shot. The goal, he was there in his line ok up to a point but had no clue where Cavani was. Then the ball is lofted out wide and that immediately should have shone DANGER as it turned the Welsh defence, but not for 50p head. No, he turned slower than the QE2 and started ambling back, only to see Cavani so late he was already bearing down inside the 18 yard line.

Of course he did the Siggy flailing arms once the goal went in and looked to blame somebody else but the fingers are pointing in only one direction there, Williams, you clown, and there's a big sign above your head...

BOW OUT THE SIDE DOOR SON - IT'S OVER!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 17:04 - Mar 27 with 1880 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 16:41 - Mar 27 by WATP

Williams is the best player to have worn a Swans shirt in the last 35 yrs, maybe the greatest ever.
Why he gets so much abuse from Swans fans is beyond me.

Different players I know but better than Curt and Robbie??

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 17:26 - Mar 27 with 1864 viewsthornabyswan

Williams is the best player to have worn a Swans shirt in the last 35 yrs, maybe the greatest ever.

Lost his pace not good enough for the PL now.
Age has caught up with him.no shame in that.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:26 - Mar 27 with 1785 viewstheloneranger

"maybe the greatest ever. "..??

Ivor Allchurch, Cliff Jones, Robbie James, Alan Curtis, Roy Paul...Et Al

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:34 - Mar 27 with 1778 viewsJackfath

Footballer in getting older shocker.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:39 - Mar 27 with 1769 viewsTheResurrection

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 16:10 - Mar 27 by ploppy

The problem with the goal is that when the back 3 pushed up, Ash came further forward than the others, so Cavani already had a head start on him. So you can either blame Ash for pushing out too far, or the others for not keeping in line with him. Either way, it's true that Ash had no idea where Cavani was and it's a stupid game to play given Ash's lack of pace.

Yes. That's true about the line but he's captain isn't he, therefore it's his line.

But also, in addition to not knowing where Cavani was, what about that slow jog to start getting back. Infuriating.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:40 - Mar 27 with 1769 viewsTheResurrection

Joke.

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:40 - Mar 27 with 1768 viewsWarwickHunt

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:26 - Mar 27 by theloneranger

"maybe the greatest ever. "..??

Ivor Allchurch, Cliff Jones, Robbie James, Alan Curtis, Roy Paul...Et Al

Innit.

Ante was playing 35 years ago.

Ash was great in his prime but shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. Different gravy and then some.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:38 - Mar 27 with 1697 viewsploppy

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:39 - Mar 27 by TheResurrection

Yes. That's true about the line but he's captain isn't he, therefore it's his line.

But also, in addition to not knowing where Cavani was, what about that slow jog to start getting back. Infuriating.

I've had a quick look at it again. Actually, Ash was slow coming out and by the time he was level with the others they (all of them) were already on the half turn for the ball played over the top. It just looked on first viewing that he pushed up further than the others - when in fact it was his slowness in coming out and then slowness in reacting to the ball over the top that made it look like he'd pushed up further than the rest. He also ball watched the whole time. And, if that wasn't enough, he was totally square on so had no chance of turning and catching Cavani from that point. So basically it all comes down to speed, and speed of thought. He was never the quickest, but in his heyday those were the kind of balls across goal that he'd intercept for fun. Time's up, I'm afraid.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:43 - Mar 27 with 1688 viewsAmbergambler

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:38 - Mar 27 by ploppy

I've had a quick look at it again. Actually, Ash was slow coming out and by the time he was level with the others they (all of them) were already on the half turn for the ball played over the top. It just looked on first viewing that he pushed up further than the others - when in fact it was his slowness in coming out and then slowness in reacting to the ball over the top that made it look like he'd pushed up further than the rest. He also ball watched the whole time. And, if that wasn't enough, he was totally square on so had no chance of turning and catching Cavani from that point. So basically it all comes down to speed, and speed of thought. He was never the quickest, but in his heyday those were the kind of balls across goal that he'd intercept for fun. Time's up, I'm afraid.

I'm sure that hair is weighing him down and slowing him up.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:47 - Mar 27 with 1677 viewsYossarian

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 11:41 - Mar 27 by TheResurrection

Watch this, it's a horror show from start to finish.

Great commentary as well 😂

Watched the highlights “in Uruguayan”......

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:50 - Mar 27 with 1674 viewsYossarian

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:50 - Mar 27 with 1674 viewsmonmouth

If you watch a fair few of Everton goals conceded, he is absolutely nowhere.

They really hate him. He already had enough money for life. Crap move for him, cracker for us. A man's gotta know his limitations, Wills.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:54 - Mar 27 with 1666 viewsMrSwerve

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:50 - Mar 27 by monmouth

They really hate him. He already had enough money for life. Crap move for him, cracker for us. A man's gotta know his limitations, Wills.

I wouldn't say it was a crap move for him. Moving to a much bigger club for a much bigger wage. If his ego can handle it (which no doubt it can) then he's laughing.

Crap move for Everton though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:58 - Mar 27 with 1654 viewsTheResurrection

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:47 - Mar 27 by Yossarian

Watched the highlights “in Uruguayan”......

Aye?

Dialect innit, you plum.

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 23:08 - Mar 27 with 1636 viewsTheResurrection

Time has been up a while and yeah, the more you watch it the worse it gets.

Just a man completely out of tune with his fellow back line but still, for me, the biggest issue, is that second or two he knew the ball was going over the top out wide.

He was looking straight over at his fellow CB and RB who by then were sprinting like mad to cover the danger.

Williams' decision right there, right then was to jog casually in the first instance, totally forgetting he'd just walked past Cavani 3 or 4 seconds before that and for the strangest of reasons, that ball, once their winger had got hold of it, was only ever going to go in one place - straight across the box in front of him - straight to the man he was so oblivious to.

It was shocking! And the fact he couldn't spot danger in those key seconds is either him being completely arrogant or, like you say, it's time his managers got shot.

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 23:11 - Mar 27 with 1631 viewsploppy

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:50 - Mar 27 by monmouth

Yup. He's not flavour of the month on their forum, for sure. Not convinced it was a crap move for him though. I suppose we should be grateful that he's not deteriorating while first choice CB for us.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 00:25 - Mar 28 with 1591 viewsbonymine

35 years ago takes us back to 1983 ...which at the time was when we’d just been relegated from Div 1 and then went ‘bust’ in 1985 and dropped down the divisions.

So I’m not denying that Ash was a great SERVANT for us over the years and a GOOD player at his best but there’s no doubt that he was NEVER the best player we’ve had over the past 35 years as I believe that must go to Leon who has been with us since 2003 through thick and thin and is still here today.

Ash arrived when we were in League One from Stockport County and left for Everton in 2016 yet Leon has been here since 2003 apart from his nightmare 6 months at Sheff Utd which he told us all about away at Wigan in the League Cup - never seen a former player get such a reception on the concourse of an away ground !!

Think we cashed in on Ash at the right time the season before he was showing signs of poor form with misplaced tackles and passes etc so £12M wasn’t bad even in today’s market.

All about opinions I know but hey that’s football ....

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 08:09 - Mar 28 with 1526 viewsDr_Winston

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:40 - Mar 27 by WarwickHunt

Innit.

Ante was playing 35 years ago.

Ash was great in his prime but shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. Different gravy and then some.

Ash captained the first Swans side to win a major trophy and survive more than two seasons in the top division.

Whilst I don't doubt that players like Ante, Curt, JC etc were great for their time, I don't get the rose tinted view of them as somehow untouchable greats. The achievements of a number of players over the last six or seven years outstrip them by a fair distance.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:00 - Mar 28 with 1491 viewsswanforthemoney

Not the best. He did make a massive contribution. We wouldn’t be in the Premier League now if he hadn’t been with us.

I stand in the North Stand

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:11 - Mar 28 with 1487 viewsAnotherJohn

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 13:52 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

Ethan Ampadu?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 13:52]

Indeed. I posted on this board that we should nab him from Exeter well before Chelsea stepped in. We missed a trick there.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:17 - Mar 28 with 1480 viewsMrSwerve

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:00 - Mar 28 by swanforthemoney

Not the best. He did make a massive contribution. We wouldn’t be in the Premier League now if he hadn’t been with us.

As with all of our players at the time, it was a reciprocal relationship.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:23 - Mar 28 with 1474 viewsWarwickHunt

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 08:09 - Mar 28 by Dr_Winston

Ash captained the first Swans side to win a major trophy and survive more than two seasons in the top division.

Whilst I don't doubt that players like Ante, Curt, JC etc were great for their time, I don't get the rose tinted view of them as somehow untouchable greats. The achievements of a number of players over the last six or seven years outstrip them by a fair distance.

Great player and servant for the club but the claim that "Williams is the best player to have worn a Swans shirt in the last 35 yrs, maybe the greatest ever" is risible.

Simply not in the same league as Ante. Not even close.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:27 - Mar 28 with 1467 viewsLeonWasGod

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:34 - Mar 27 by Jackfath

Footballer in getting older shocker.

People who've always had it in for him revelling in his decline shocker too.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:36 - Mar 28 with 1461 viewsDr_Winston

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:23 - Mar 28 by WarwickHunt

Great player and servant for the club but the claim that "Williams is the best player to have worn a Swans shirt in the last 35 yrs, maybe the greatest ever" is risible.

Simply not in the same league as Ante. Not even close.

Won't argue with your first point. Your second just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

You prefer Ante. That's fine. Ash achieved far more in his time at the Swans. He's clearly in the same league and then some.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:41 - Mar 28 with 1450 viewsWarwickHunt

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:36 - Mar 28 by Dr_Winston

Won't argue with your first point. Your second just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

You prefer Ante. That's fine. Ash achieved far more in his time at the Swans. He's clearly in the same league and then some.

Achieved more - yes, obviously. On a par as a player - in my opinion, nowhere near.

Using your reasoning, Neil Taylor is "in the same league" as Ben Davies...
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 9:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024