Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... 00:05 - Mar 27 with 11117 viewsTheResurrection

... these days. He should seriously consider hanging his boots up. A real embarrassment and if he's not careful nobody will remember the bar brawler defender he once was and all they will is this flummoxing baboon running around like a headless Trigger at Margate. Even the facking inflatable dolphin would put in better displays.

I watched the highlights (In Uruguyan) of the Wales game today to look for clips of Andy King - fack me, what superb technique from him as well for the various shots outside the box - well done lad.

But Williams, Jesus Christ, absolutely shot. The goal, he was there in his line ok up to a point but had no clue where Cavani was. Then the ball is lofted out wide and that immediately should have shone DANGER as it turned the Welsh defence, but not for 50p head. No, he turned slower than the QE2 and started ambling back, only to see Cavani so late he was already bearing down inside the 18 yard line.

Of course he did the Siggy flailing arms once the goal went in and looked to blame somebody else but the fingers are pointing in only one direction there, Williams, you clown, and there's a big sign above your head...

BOW OUT THE SIDE DOOR SON - IT'S OVER!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:53 - Mar 30 with 1227 viewsDarran

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:52 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

No doubt.

I'm just a little tired of players who have achieved great things for us being belittled in favour of players who achieved less. Ante might have been the greatest centre half to ever pull on a Swansea shirt. Point is he was only great for a season. Ash did it for nearly a decade.

There are a number of players who deserve venerating at least alongside those who've gone before. Ash, Britton & Rangel for starters.

I’m with the Jobster.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:55 - Mar 30 with 1227 viewsairedale

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:33 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

In one season. In a top flight when even teams like Ipswich could be contenders for the title.

Ipswich had that small bloke with a big head, Eric I think his name was.

The first season in Div 1, I recall Curt causing problems for the opposition all game long, the second season not so. Teams just altered the way they played us.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:08 - Mar 30 with 1210 viewsWarwickHunt

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:55 - Mar 30 by airedale

Ipswich had that small bloke with a big head, Eric I think his name was.

The first season in Div 1, I recall Curt causing problems for the opposition all game long, the second season not so. Teams just altered the way they played us.

Eric Gates.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:16 - Mar 30 with 1193 viewsAmbergambler

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:51 - Mar 30 by Neath_Jack

Fair play to him.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/wales-captain-ashley-williams-pays

Fair do's, a very kind gesture. What a sad story about that young lad.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:40 - Mar 30 with 1168 viewsairedale

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:08 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

Eric Gates.

Yep him, remember him winning the game for them against us, made all the difference for Ipswich.

Wouldn’t happen today, he’d be on the books of one of the big boys, and teams like Ipswich wouldn’t have a sniff.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 01:28 - Mar 31 with 1125 viewsgiantstoneater

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:52 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

No doubt.

I'm just a little tired of players who have achieved great things for us being belittled in favour of players who achieved less. Ante might have been the greatest centre half to ever pull on a Swansea shirt. Point is he was only great for a season. Ash did it for nearly a decade.

There are a number of players who deserve venerating at least alongside those who've gone before. Ash, Britton & Rangel for starters.

Agree Ash was a credit to us on and off the pitch and a great captain for Wales. He`s been written off before and proved people wrong don't bet against him doing it again. Not our greatest player perhaps but would be in that discussion surely.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 01:54 - Mar 31 with 1115 viewsJackflack

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:00 - Mar 28 by Treforys_Jack

JC = John Charles.prob

Jeremy Charles mun

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 06:36 - Mar 31 with 1086 viewsWATP

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 08:09 - Mar 28 by Dr_Winston

Ash captained the first Swans side to win a major trophy and survive more than two seasons in the top division.

Whilst I don't doubt that players like Ante, Curt, JC etc were great for their time, I don't get the rose tinted view of them as somehow untouchable greats. The achievements of a number of players over the last six or seven years outstrip them by a fair distance.

You are 100 % correct. This current era is the most successful in the clubs history.
With respect to the Side from the late 70’s and early 80’s , they did absolutely nothing at the top level of English football , and only avoided relegation for one season.

Back to Williams, he was superb for Swansea, absolutely brilliant, and people comparing players from Swansea’s past, that never achieved anything near what Williams did, are either stupid, or have an axe to grind for some strange reason.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 07:06 - Mar 31 with 1081 viewsSTID2017

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 06:36 - Mar 31 by WATP

You are 100 % correct. This current era is the most successful in the clubs history.
With respect to the Side from the late 70’s and early 80’s , they did absolutely nothing at the top level of English football , and only avoided relegation for one season.

Back to Williams, he was superb for Swansea, absolutely brilliant, and people comparing players from Swansea’s past, that never achieved anything near what Williams did, are either stupid, or have an axe to grind for some strange reason.

I think it is sad that as a fanbase we seem to have a mentality of "how dare he leave us".
Since we started making our way through the leagues, we've see Trundle, De Vries, Gylfi (both times), Wilf, Llorente, Ash, Scott Sinclair(there's probably loads more).
Sad that some can't stand to see players who have done well for us playing well and can't wait to start condemning them, even when playing for our own National team.
Seems only Ben and Joey escape the critisism.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 7:17]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 07:11 - Mar 31 with 1080 viewsWATP

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 07:06 - Mar 31 by STID2017

I think it is sad that as a fanbase we seem to have a mentality of "how dare he leave us".
Since we started making our way through the leagues, we've see Trundle, De Vries, Gylfi (both times), Wilf, Llorente, Ash, Scott Sinclair(there's probably loads more).
Sad that some can't stand to see players who have done well for us playing well and can't wait to start condemning them, even when playing for our own National team.
Seems only Ben and Joey escape the critisism.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 7:17]

If someone chooses to move to effectively another job , for whatever reason , even money , that’s their business.

It’s what anyone on here would do if offered a more lucrative job.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 07:26 - Mar 31 with 1074 viewsSTID2017

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 07:11 - Mar 31 by WATP

If someone chooses to move to effectively another job , for whatever reason , even money , that’s their business.

It’s what anyone on here would do if offered a more lucrative job.

Exactly.
Hypocrytes.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024