Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... 00:05 - Mar 27 with 11282 viewsTheResurrection

... these days. He should seriously consider hanging his boots up. A real embarrassment and if he's not careful nobody will remember the bar brawler defender he once was and all they will is this flummoxing baboon running around like a headless Trigger at Margate. Even the facking inflatable dolphin would put in better displays.

I watched the highlights (In Uruguyan) of the Wales game today to look for clips of Andy King - fack me, what superb technique from him as well for the various shots outside the box - well done lad.

But Williams, Jesus Christ, absolutely shot. The goal, he was there in his line ok up to a point but had no clue where Cavani was. Then the ball is lofted out wide and that immediately should have shone DANGER as it turned the Welsh defence, but not for 50p head. No, he turned slower than the QE2 and started ambling back, only to see Cavani so late he was already bearing down inside the 18 yard line.

Of course he did the Siggy flailing arms once the goal went in and looked to blame somebody else but the fingers are pointing in only one direction there, Williams, you clown, and there's a big sign above your head...

BOW OUT THE SIDE DOOR SON - IT'S OVER!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:43 - Mar 28 with 2468 viewsDr_Winston

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:41 - Mar 28 by WarwickHunt

Achieved more - yes, obviously. On a par as a player - in my opinion, nowhere near.

Using your reasoning, Neil Taylor is "in the same league" as Ben Davies...
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 9:42]

Using my reasoning Ben Davies has a league cup winners medal and Neil Taylor doesn't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:49 - Mar 28 with 2459 viewsWarwickHunt

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:43 - Mar 28 by Dr_Winston

Using my reasoning Ben Davies has a league cup winners medal and Neil Taylor doesn't.

Routledge has a league cup winners medal...
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:55 - Mar 28 with 2452 viewsLeonWasGod

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:49 - Mar 28 by WarwickHunt

Routledge has a league cup winners medal...

Nathan Dyer is a Premier League winner!
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:57 - Mar 28 with 2450 viewsWarwickHunt

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:55 - Mar 28 by LeonWasGod

Nathan Dyer is a Premier League winner!

Eder is a European Championship medal winner. Stitch that, Michu!
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 10:25 - Mar 28 with 2427 viewsswancity

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 08:09 - Mar 28 by Dr_Winston

Ash captained the first Swans side to win a major trophy and survive more than two seasons in the top division.

Whilst I don't doubt that players like Ante, Curt, JC etc were great for their time, I don't get the rose tinted view of them as somehow untouchable greats. The achievements of a number of players over the last six or seven years outstrip them by a fair distance.

I think you'll find that Monk was Captain albeit came on a sub in the final.

Is JC Cornforth? As he was a good third division player. But that's about it.

Regarding Rajkovic he was immense Jobs. A classy footballer but hard as nails and quick too.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:00 - Mar 28 with 2373 viewsTreforys_Jack

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 10:25 - Mar 28 by swancity

I think you'll find that Monk was Captain albeit came on a sub in the final.

Is JC Cornforth? As he was a good third division player. But that's about it.

Regarding Rajkovic he was immense Jobs. A classy footballer but hard as nails and quick too.

JC = John Charles.prob
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:16 - Mar 28 with 2361 viewsSTID2017

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:00 - Mar 28 by Treforys_Jack

JC = John Charles.prob

John Charles was truly a magnificent player.
If memory serves though, it wasn't for us

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:22 - Mar 28 with 2354 viewsswancity

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:16 - Mar 28 by STID2017

John Charles was truly a magnificent player.
If memory serves though, it wasn't for us

Never played for the swans. Leeds Hereford Cardiff apart from Juve.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 16:53 - Mar 28 with 2289 viewsYossarian

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 22:58 - Mar 27 by TheResurrection

Aye?

Dialect innit, you plum.

Really? What a cock you are.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 17:23 - Mar 30 with 2186 viewsDippy

As much as a cynic as T2C is.. it is hard to watch Williams at the moment..

He attempts to look the part.. but there is no hiding place in the Premier League.

Poll: Cooper Out

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 19:01 - Mar 30 with 2139 viewsbiggar

He’s light years away from what he was in his prime. 100% correct decision to sell him when we did. He’d already started to slide and we got great money for him all things considered.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 19:30 - Mar 30 with 2123 viewslondonlisa2001

Ash was a wonderful player for us for many years. We sold him at exactly the right time.

Anyone comparing him favourably with Ante never saw Ante play. Completely different class.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 19:39 - Mar 30 with 2112 viewsFlashberryjack

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 19:30 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

Ash was a wonderful player for us for many years. We sold him at exactly the right time.

Anyone comparing him favourably with Ante never saw Ante play. Completely different class.

Ante the best......EVER

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:09 - Mar 30 with 2074 viewsWarwickHunt

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 19:30 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

I dread to think what he'd be worth in today's market. Even Shankly raved about him.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:20 - Mar 30 with 2055 viewsGaryjack

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:09 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

I dread to think what he'd be worth in today's market. Even Shankly raved about him.

Of course he did. Some believe Shanks more or less managed us from March 78 until the day he died. He even spoke out against building the East stand. All went down hill quite quickly after his passing. Coincidence?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 20:21]
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:23 - Mar 30 with 2045 viewsDippy

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:09 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

Take the blinkers off.. he had one good season at the top.. then plummeted like a donkey.

I thought you were a man of facts.. but I don't trust the eyes of the older generation.. it's mainly blurred by alcoholic nostalgia.

Poll: Cooper Out

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:30 - Mar 30 with 2036 viewsSwanjaxs

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:23 - Mar 30 by Dippy

Take the blinkers off.. he had one good season at the top.. then plummeted like a donkey.

I thought you were a man of facts.. but I don't trust the eyes of the older generation.. it's mainly blurred by alcoholic nostalgia.

Mmmmmm ..... you do realise Mr Hunt is going to tear you another bum hole Drippy my old bean? You've unleashed a dragon here 😕😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:42 - Mar 30 with 2020 viewsWarwickHunt

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 20:30 - Mar 30 by Swanjaxs

Mmmmmm ..... you do realise Mr Hunt is going to tear you another bum hole Drippy my old bean? You've unleashed a dragon here 😕😂

It's Skippy, mun - one has to make allowances...
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:15 - Mar 30 with 1990 viewslondonlisa2001

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 19:39 - Mar 30 by Flashberryjack

Ante the best......EVER

Since we've been in the premier league this time round, it's hard to think of many players from these 7 seasons that would have been in that team.

Fabianski I would say. Michu yes. I'm genuinely struggling past that. I wouldn't take Bony in his prime over Latchford. Wouldn't take Ben Davies over Jimmy. Wouldn't take any of the wingers we've had over Leighton. Certainly wouldn't take any midfielder over Robbie. Possibly Rangel in his prime at right back?

I may have forgotten someone?
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:18 - Mar 30 with 1986 viewsDr_Winston

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:15 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

Since we've been in the premier league this time round, it's hard to think of many players from these 7 seasons that would have been in that team.

Fabianski I would say. Michu yes. I'm genuinely struggling past that. I wouldn't take Bony in his prime over Latchford. Wouldn't take Ben Davies over Jimmy. Wouldn't take any of the wingers we've had over Leighton. Certainly wouldn't take any midfielder over Robbie. Possibly Rangel in his prime at right back?

I may have forgotten someone?

Yet these brilliant players couldn't hack the pace for two seasons.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:26 - Mar 30 with 1979 viewslondonlisa2001

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:18 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

Yet these brilliant players couldn't hack the pace for two seasons.

They finished 6th mun. Fabianski in that team and we may have won it. It wasn't their fault that the whole financial position at the time meant we couldn't compete going forward.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:33 - Mar 30 with 1968 viewsDr_Winston

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:26 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

They finished 6th mun. Fabianski in that team and we may have won it. It wasn't their fault that the whole financial position at the time meant we couldn't compete going forward.

In one season. In a top flight when even teams like Ipswich could be contenders for the title.

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:42 - Mar 30 with 1958 viewsWarwickHunt

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:33 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

In one season. In a top flight when even teams like Ipswich could be contenders for the title.

That Ipswich side was bloody good...winning 3-2 there was one of the best games I've seen.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:51 - Mar 30 with 1943 viewsNeath_Jack

Fair play to him.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/wales-captain-ashley-williams-pays

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:52 - Mar 30 with 1942 viewsDr_Winston

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 21:42 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

That Ipswich side was bloody good...winning 3-2 there was one of the best games I've seen.

No doubt.

I'm just a little tired of players who have achieved great things for us being belittled in favour of players who achieved less. Ante might have been the greatest centre half to ever pull on a Swansea shirt. Point is he was only great for a season. Ash did it for nearly a decade.

There are a number of players who deserve venerating at least alongside those who've gone before. Ash, Britton & Rangel for starters.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024