Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Bury away 18:45 - Apr 3 with 20845 views442Dale

Pitch looking good.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Bury away on 23:53 - Apr 3 with 4203 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Bury away on 20:59 - Apr 3 by DaleiLama

Outnumbered 2-1 in the stands. Not on the pitch though!

[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 20:59]

Never seen the bury stands looking so sparse, even with one shut

Understandable I suppose

Edit: only 27 more than for the tinpot cup game last September!

[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 23:55]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Bury away on 00:59 - Apr 4 with 4019 viewsDaley_Lama

I fully understand the bury fans angst at team selection and formation finally.

Why they played Miller up front for the nth time, only Lowe will tell. It reminded me of when we played Alfie up front on his own week after week and pumped long ball after long ball up to him. Wrong before a ball was kicked.

First half any attacking intention by bury was like getting slapped in the face by a lace glove. If you choose to ignore it, it hurts you not one bit.

Cracking header for our first goal, stronger than his marker. Hendo buried his, keeper should have done better.

Aside from the 2 goals, we were more threatening (impossible to be less) than them.

Second half, 2 up front, different game. 45 minutes too late by Lowe. Their midfield was non-existant with 5 of them, might as well make it 4 and bypass them in the main.

I didn't like the first sub made by Hill myself. Joe Rafferty is the best full back we have by a country mile, if you want to replace a midfielder, put a midfielder on, not Wiseman to move Rafferty to midfield. Wiseman got skinned twice very early on.

Bury attacked a lot better second half, less said about the penalty the better. They were the more threatening before the penalty.

The key thing from me was the starting 11 by both managers. bury reminded me of us at Doncaster this season where we set up to lose and were 2 down before we sorted it out.

That in a derby is really poor.

Credit to the fans who attended from their side if that's how they have played all season. Most pointless pitch invasion for a while by one chap, the half-time boos and pitch side abuse of players taking throw ins was half-hearted at best.

They're down, we're up to the heady heights of 22nd and have a ticket for the roller-coaster to the end of the season. There seemed to be minimal insults between both sets of fans as we all know the situation.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Bury away on 06:52 - Apr 4 with 3818 viewsrochedale

Match thread: Bury away on 21:12 - Apr 3 by frequency

brilliant save by lillis to deny bunn
[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 21:13]

That was a fantastic save. Solid game from Josh tonight.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match thread: Bury away on 07:59 - Apr 4 with 3655 views442Dale

Match thread: Bury away on 00:59 - Apr 4 by Daley_Lama

I fully understand the bury fans angst at team selection and formation finally.

Why they played Miller up front for the nth time, only Lowe will tell. It reminded me of when we played Alfie up front on his own week after week and pumped long ball after long ball up to him. Wrong before a ball was kicked.

First half any attacking intention by bury was like getting slapped in the face by a lace glove. If you choose to ignore it, it hurts you not one bit.

Cracking header for our first goal, stronger than his marker. Hendo buried his, keeper should have done better.

Aside from the 2 goals, we were more threatening (impossible to be less) than them.

Second half, 2 up front, different game. 45 minutes too late by Lowe. Their midfield was non-existant with 5 of them, might as well make it 4 and bypass them in the main.

I didn't like the first sub made by Hill myself. Joe Rafferty is the best full back we have by a country mile, if you want to replace a midfielder, put a midfielder on, not Wiseman to move Rafferty to midfield. Wiseman got skinned twice very early on.

Bury attacked a lot better second half, less said about the penalty the better. They were the more threatening before the penalty.

The key thing from me was the starting 11 by both managers. bury reminded me of us at Doncaster this season where we set up to lose and were 2 down before we sorted it out.

That in a derby is really poor.

Credit to the fans who attended from their side if that's how they have played all season. Most pointless pitch invasion for a while by one chap, the half-time boos and pitch side abuse of players taking throw ins was half-hearted at best.

They're down, we're up to the heady heights of 22nd and have a ticket for the roller-coaster to the end of the season. There seemed to be minimal insults between both sets of fans as we all know the situation.

When did we play Alfie up front on his own? It was when we played him and Dagnall together and we went long that it didn’t make sense! That was a proper LampardGerrard situation. Though, Bolton are playing Le Fondre on his own at the moment...Lowe really did show how tactically short he is though.

There were no midfielders on the bench and Rafferty has played there before, most recently at Scunny so that probably is why Hill chose the sub.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Bury away on 08:14 - Apr 4 with 3571 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread: Bury away on 07:59 - Apr 4 by 442Dale

When did we play Alfie up front on his own? It was when we played him and Dagnall together and we went long that it didn’t make sense! That was a proper LampardGerrard situation. Though, Bolton are playing Le Fondre on his own at the moment...Lowe really did show how tactically short he is though.

There were no midfielders on the bench and Rafferty has played there before, most recently at Scunny so that probably is why Hill chose the sub.

Not Alfie, apologies, Ashley Grimes in the 2011 season.

Dobre was on the bench, he is a midfielder albeit an attacking one.I know Rafferty has played there before (Shrews away for example), didn’t like it then either.

He is a quality RB and an average defensive midfielder for me, what we gain in the middle we more than lose in the RB position.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Bury away on 08:22 - Apr 4 with 3539 viewsD_Alien

When we beat Walsall 0-3, Dobre was introduced and killed the game for us

Interesting that Nthle was chosen last night instead. It was the right call in the circumstances imo but it must've been pretty galling to have a backup defender pitched into your role!

Match thread: Bury away on 09:19 - Apr 4 with 3357 viewsColDale

Was just rather easy last night, truth be told. The gulf between the two clubs looked closer when we beat them in the JPT than last night. It was a walk in the park and I don't think the result was ever in doubt.

I thought Hendo was yet again superb and one day he will get the credit he deserves from his time with us. Its a massive compliment to him when we play him out of position as I think he could play anywhere. His fitness levels for a man of his age are incredible and he could be doing this for us for another three years easily.

Word of support for big Jim. He's had some stick over the years but he cannot be far off our player of the season. You can see why Hilly has so much faith in him. The three at the back has been the making of him.

If Hilly can pull this off, it will unquestionably be his greatest achievement with the club. A 12 point deficit is now down to 1, and its not inconceivable that we finish the season with a positive goal difference. Yes mistakes have been made over the season, but its incredulous to even suggest we'd be better off without him. He's the greatest we've ever had or ever will have. We'll build a statue of him one day, and rightly so.

As for Bury, what a sorry state they have become. Perhaps in 12 months time when they have gone through three more managers and 30+ more players with no changes, they might just get the message at where the problem lies. They are nothing but a rich kid's vanity project. The penalty incident sums the whole club up as lacking leadership on and off the pitch
Match thread: Bury away on 09:22 - Apr 4 with 3342 viewsrkershaw

Match thread: Bury away on 08:22 - Apr 4 by D_Alien

When we beat Walsall 0-3, Dobre was introduced and killed the game for us

Interesting that Nthle was chosen last night instead. It was the right call in the circumstances imo but it must've been pretty galling to have a backup defender pitched into your role!

Honestly think that the games v Portsmouth / Wigan/ Peterborough/ Plymouth (and Oldham) will give us more of a chance of 3pts as opposed to teams that have nothing to play for at the back end of the season. We appear to struggle to break teams down who want to park the bus but playing against an attack minded unit will hopefully glean more reward!!
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Bury away on 09:24 - Apr 4 with 3328 viewsSandyman

Match thread: Bury away on 08:14 - Apr 4 by Daley_Lama

Not Alfie, apologies, Ashley Grimes in the 2011 season.

Dobre was on the bench, he is a midfielder albeit an attacking one.I know Rafferty has played there before (Shrews away for example), didn’t like it then either.

He is a quality RB and an average defensive midfielder for me, what we gain in the middle we more than lose in the RB position.

Ah, that explains it. The decision to play Grimes up front alone would've been made by the tactical genius (not) that is FRMSE. And he's still making a living talking utter rubbish on Radio Manchester. I recall his decision, when we were 0-2 down at home V Orient after 60+ minutes, to change tactics with his substitutions. We went with four centre-halves at the back. Holness, Jordan, and his two wonderful signings Balkenstein and Trotman. The impact of FRMSE's genius? We lost 0-2. FRMSE makes Ryan Lowe look impressive as a manager.
Match thread: Bury away on 09:38 - Apr 4 with 3272 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Bury away on 09:19 - Apr 4 by ColDale

Was just rather easy last night, truth be told. The gulf between the two clubs looked closer when we beat them in the JPT than last night. It was a walk in the park and I don't think the result was ever in doubt.

I thought Hendo was yet again superb and one day he will get the credit he deserves from his time with us. Its a massive compliment to him when we play him out of position as I think he could play anywhere. His fitness levels for a man of his age are incredible and he could be doing this for us for another three years easily.

Word of support for big Jim. He's had some stick over the years but he cannot be far off our player of the season. You can see why Hilly has so much faith in him. The three at the back has been the making of him.

If Hilly can pull this off, it will unquestionably be his greatest achievement with the club. A 12 point deficit is now down to 1, and its not inconceivable that we finish the season with a positive goal difference. Yes mistakes have been made over the season, but its incredulous to even suggest we'd be better off without him. He's the greatest we've ever had or ever will have. We'll build a statue of him one day, and rightly so.

As for Bury, what a sorry state they have become. Perhaps in 12 months time when they have gone through three more managers and 30+ more players with no changes, they might just get the message at where the problem lies. They are nothing but a rich kid's vanity project. The penalty incident sums the whole club up as lacking leadership on and off the pitch

And fans ringing up local post match radio phone ins calling for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink to be the next boss! 👍🏻
Apparently last nights bury team was a totally different starting X1 to the Lee Clark team at Spotland and also Chris Lucketti's first game in charge! Astounding. 33 different players in 3 games in 1 season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Bury away on 09:42 - Apr 4 with 3249 viewsD_BFC

The game was over as a contest as soon as Rochdale scored, I think virtually everyone in the ground accepted that.

The second goal summed it up, started from Mayor cutting inside and hitting a powder-puff shot at goal and then straight down the other end for a clinical finish from Henderson.

Some fans chucked season tickets onto the pitch - slightly less dramatic when there's only two home games left but it'll be a struggle to market next season's tickets the way club is going.

Good luck for the rest of the season, it'll be some achievement if you make it. Unfortunately for you we still have Walsall, Northampton and Wimbledon to play so they've all got at least one freebie coming up.
Match thread: Bury away on 10:09 - Apr 4 with 3151 viewsBarryStrange

Match thread: Bury away on 09:38 - Apr 4 by dingdangblue

And fans ringing up local post match radio phone ins calling for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink to be the next boss! 👍🏻
Apparently last nights bury team was a totally different starting X1 to the Lee Clark team at Spotland and also Chris Lucketti's first game in charge! Astounding. 33 different players in 3 games in 1 season.

If memory served Clark used 41 and got fired at the end of October.

I don't really judge RL on this - it's simply the final momentum of the worst season any of us have endured by a very long way. I will be very surprised if we get off 30 points, which will constitute losing the final 11 games of the season.

The only thing of interest is every week when he picks the team names out of a hat being reminded of another couple of players I had forgotten we have - Joe Skarz for instance last night.
Match thread: Bury away on 10:14 - Apr 4 with 3126 viewsrochedale

Match thread: Bury away on 10:09 - Apr 4 by BarryStrange

If memory served Clark used 41 and got fired at the end of October.

I don't really judge RL on this - it's simply the final momentum of the worst season any of us have endured by a very long way. I will be very surprised if we get off 30 points, which will constitute losing the final 11 games of the season.

The only thing of interest is every week when he picks the team names out of a hat being reminded of another couple of players I had forgotten we have - Joe Skarz for instance last night.

Hey, Baz, does that Clarke fella always throw strops like he did last night?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match thread: Bury away on 10:34 - Apr 4 with 3033 viewspnc4eva1

Bury had no team spirit, no fight and no desire.

To me it was summed up in the second half when Ripley over hit his clearance straight to Lillis. Lowe had a go and was sworn at by Ripley. The confrontation lasted a couple of minutes with both hurling insults.

Their line up at the start was wrong. The fight over who took the penalty showed a bunch of over paid prima donnas with little cohesion or respect for each other or the fans.

In summary I do actually feel a little sorry for true Bury fans when they have seen their club run into the ground aver the last few years. They appear to be a reincarnation of Darlington, Stockport and Chester
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 10:38]

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Match thread: Bury away on 10:34 - Apr 4 with 3028 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Bury away on 10:14 - Apr 4 by rochedale

excellent performance, excellent commitment, excellent passion, players who want to play for our club, complete opposite to bury.

if only we played like we this all season (or even half a season) I wouldn't look 10 years older, and I wouldn't be named Mr angry by some.

special mention to all the fans, excellent atmosphere created

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Bury away on 12:14 - Apr 4 with 2817 viewsdingdangblue

Ryan Lowe wasn't happy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06370gb

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Bury away on 12:21 - Apr 4 with 2788 viewselectricblue

Match thread: Bury away on 23:39 - Apr 3 by JimmyRustler

Lillis' save from Harry Bunn was absolutely superb too. Josh has been one of our best and most consistent performers this season and deserves a lot of credit

Surely Lillis is the hot favourite for the player of the season..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match thread: Bury away on 13:01 - Apr 4 with 2663 views1907

Thought the way we managed the game last night was excellent.

Bury did manage to overrun us from time to time, with little end product.

It does appear that our luck is shining at the minute, something there has been little of all season. They should have equalised & we ran up the other end and scored.

A truly magnificent finish from Henderson capped off a great first half.

Rathbone was sensational AGAIN and looks back to his very best of last season, just at the right time for us. This sounds odd but the injury to Cannon (who was in fine form) has allowed Rathbone to finally prove his point that he deserves to be in the team.

Bury were on top for the majority of the second half, however bar an unbelievable save from Josh and a dodgy pen they created little.

I've often criticised Hill for substitutions, or lack there of, however his subs last night were absolutely spot on and killed the Bury momentum.

A fantastic evening & result which leaves us in a position where our fate is in our own hands.
Match thread: Bury away on 13:18 - Apr 4 with 2627 viewsBarryStrange

Match thread: Bury away on 10:14 - Apr 4 by rochedale

No, because that would be a little close to professional pride. Which we have very rarely seen at any point.

Possibly harsh to single him out (awful, but at least only awful since January) but seriously any one of those players (bar Ripley, who has basically done nowt wrong) cannot really complain about altercations with fans. Just take one look at what we have had to deal with since the end of September 2016. We have lost 50, seriously 50, out of about 75 games in that time. We have won 17. 3 away wins in 18 months.

You are of course in prime position to stay up now, and well done to you if you do. Unfortunately for you we still have Northampton and Wimbledon left to play.
Match thread: Bury away on 13:31 - Apr 4 with 2585 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Bury away on 13:18 - Apr 4 by BarryStrange

No, because that would be a little close to professional pride. Which we have very rarely seen at any point.

Possibly harsh to single him out (awful, but at least only awful since January) but seriously any one of those players (bar Ripley, who has basically done nowt wrong) cannot really complain about altercations with fans. Just take one look at what we have had to deal with since the end of September 2016. We have lost 50, seriously 50, out of about 75 games in that time. We have won 17. 3 away wins in 18 months.

You are of course in prime position to stay up now, and well done to you if you do. Unfortunately for you we still have Northampton and Wimbledon left to play.

What was going on with Ripley and your fans at the end?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Bury away on 13:53 - Apr 4 with 2519 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Bury away on 22:43 - Apr 3 by D_Alien

Was expecting a response from bury second half, but we did sit back a bit too much and if they'd scored the pen it could've been squeaky bum time when first half there was only one team going to win the game

Great to see Lillis keep his sheet clean again and he went the right way for pen - might've saved it if it'd been within two yards of his right hand!

Thought our back three were magnificent. I'd give McNulty MoM - just, over Camps and Hendo. Big Jim just looks so comfortable and commanding in that formation

We seem to have picked up a few knocks: Camps, Rathbone, Rafferty and hope that doesn't unsettle what looks like a settled line up with confidence flooding back. A shout too, for Nthle who looked surprising lively in the advanced midfield role. He and Humphrys gave us some much needed energy to ultimately see the game out and we could've put icing on the hot cross bun (no pun intended) with Hendo's chance at the end

Up to being subbed off I thought Inman was close to MOM. Some great passes in the first half & can take a corner too
Match thread: Bury away on 14:02 - Apr 4 with 2493 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Bury away on 13:53 - Apr 4 by Nigeriamark

Up to being subbed off I thought Inman was close to MOM. Some great passes in the first half & can take a corner too

So far, I think we've had:

NcNulty, Delaney, Camps, Hendo, Rathbone, Lillis and Inman as potential MoMs

Can only be a good thing!

And 1907 makes a good point about the effect on Rathbone since we lost Cannon

Match thread: Bury away on 16:58 - Apr 4 with 2261 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Bury away on 09:42 - Apr 4 by D_BFC

The game was over as a contest as soon as Rochdale scored, I think virtually everyone in the ground accepted that.

The second goal summed it up, started from Mayor cutting inside and hitting a powder-puff shot at goal and then straight down the other end for a clinical finish from Henderson.

Some fans chucked season tickets onto the pitch - slightly less dramatic when there's only two home games left but it'll be a struggle to market next season's tickets the way club is going.

Good luck for the rest of the season, it'll be some achievement if you make it. Unfortunately for you we still have Walsall, Northampton and Wimbledon to play so they've all got at least one freebie coming up.

You need 3 more wins please ( the teams you mention! )

Bury could be looking for another puppet soon if Lowe cant sprinkle Days magic dust.

Day the manager - 3 puppets who have nodded along all season. The result is what we all witnessed last night a bury side devoid of ideas and fight, Nowt will change there whilst the Milky bar kid strokes his white cat in his training shorts!.

Day is problem 1 2 and 3 for the gigglers you need to hound him out of your club for all your sakes.

Not long now till the end of May and the latest set of accounts for bury will be eye wateringly bad!
Match thread: Bury away on 17:05 - Apr 4 with 2236 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Bury away on 12:14 - Apr 4 by dingdangblue

Ryan Lowe wasn't happy!

Let's hope they react to that on Saturday

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Bury away on 17:43 - Apr 4 with 2126 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Bury away on 12:14 - Apr 4 by dingdangblue

Ryan Lowe wasn't happy!

Uncle Ryan looks like a broken man on the you-tube version of that interview.....did n't realise he was 77 years old or looks it.

Should have played himself ,as he did on Saturday from bench?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024