Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat 17:25 - May 12 with 11285 viewsTheResurrection

If you want to take some comfort for next season look no further than Boro.

They were shit last season and folded miserably towards the end.

Yet, even with sacking 2 managers since, they've still got into the play offs

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 20:40 - May 12 with 1591 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 20:06 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Norwich came back up

First relegation to the Prem, the fell through into League One - which is why we got David Marshall.

After that they've yo-yoed.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 20:55 - May 12 with 1551 viewslidojack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 20:06 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Norwich came back up

In 2015.

Since the last time they got relegated (which I thought was obviously the alluded to year) they have struggled. They even finished with 34 points that season which could be the exact same points we achieve.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:09 - May 12 with 1513 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 20:55 - May 12 by lidojack

In 2015.

Since the last time they got relegated (which I thought was obviously the alluded to year) they have struggled. They even finished with 34 points that season which could be the exact same points we achieve.

Which was the year after they went down, hence bouncing back up straight away.

It's more than possible. In fact we'll probably be one of the Bookies favourites along with Stoke, West Brom and the 3 failures from this year's play offs.

Getting back up there and staying there again won't be easy as the scum are likely to find out next season, especially with literally the worst squad of players ever to get promoted and a manager that's failed and taken his two previous club's down.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:30 - May 12 with 1473 viewslidojack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:09 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Which was the year after they went down, hence bouncing back up straight away.

It's more than possible. In fact we'll probably be one of the Bookies favourites along with Stoke, West Brom and the 3 failures from this year's play offs.

Getting back up there and staying there again won't be easy as the scum are likely to find out next season, especially with literally the worst squad of players ever to get promoted and a manager that's failed and taken his two previous club's down.

Very true. Although considering we are likely to have a smaller budget than the two teams relegated with us we will need to be shrewd with our transfer dealings, especially if we are going to overhaul half the first team.

We wont be able to afford expensive mistakes like we have the past few windows.

And whilst I agree the most difficult thing is usually to stay up, if the Prem next year is anything like this year it will be very tight down the bottom. And a team that doesn't concede many goals would be one of the favourites to stay up.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:34 - May 12 with 1463 viewsSwanzay

Why do you feel the need to insult people chris, are you insecure and it makes you feel happy, for a moment?
You pose some interesting posts, but lets be honest your past history speaks for itself, I have no doubt about your passion though.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:37 - May 12 with 1456 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:30 - May 12 by lidojack

Very true. Although considering we are likely to have a smaller budget than the two teams relegated with us we will need to be shrewd with our transfer dealings, especially if we are going to overhaul half the first team.

And whilst I agree the most difficult thing is usually to stay up, if the Prem next year is anything like this year it will be very tight down the bottom. And a team that doesn't concede many goals would be one of the favourites to stay up.

Well, given the Res seems to be unable to accept the reality of Norwich, the first time they relegated from the Prem they fell into League One - finishing 9th in the Champ they progressively got worse until ending up in League One.

That's the concern for any team. Bounced straight back to Champ and then Prem, since then have yo-yoed.

Teams relegating try to give it a good shot in the years with the parachute payments in place - helps keep the squad together. As that money tails off, any team faces a challenge.

So it's either cut your cloth or gamble to get back up quickly. I suspect your investors may try the latter which is a bigger risk.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:47 - May 12 with 1426 viewsGlyn1

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 18:28 - May 12 by moonie

If we went down with a string squad needing only guidance and stewardship,then we d be fine.
However we have an incompetent clown as a chairman who jettisoned good profit on unfit has beens ,like Bony ,on whom we will lose nerdy all what we paid for him as I see him as being finished and will retire soon. We have 30 m worth of player on loan in Spain.

Neither has down well there.

We had and have two utter jokes as fullbacks

Personllly, as a priority I d be speaking to Fab to see if he s willing to sty then take it from there

Personally I don't blame anyone for Bony getting seriously injured. He started slowly, as he usyally does, but I think goals to keep us up. But that's irrelevant now.

The table is accurate. We're one of the weakest teams, just like last season, and the position we are in is justified.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:48 - May 12 with 1423 viewsmajorraglan

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 18:01 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Did they?

Their side tonight is unrecognisable from the one that drew memorably with City 2 all last season. So how does that work?

In their last season in the PL Boro had the 4th lowest wage bill at £34m, Swansea’s was £59m that season. Boris wage bill would have been lower than the parachute payments they were due to receive in the first season so they could afford to keep their players and have some cash left over. Swansea City wage bill would have been higher than the parachute payment so unless loans are the order of the day the moving players on will be the order of the day.

Moving quite a few Swansea players on may not be a bad thing!
Login to get fewer ads

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:50 - May 12 with 1421 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:30 - May 12 by lidojack

I don't think there'll be much in the budgets. I'd say Stoke are probably in a bit of debt and will have concerns about their high earners and West Brom the same, although to a maybe lesser extent.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:59 - May 12 with 1396 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:48 - May 12 by majorraglan

In their last season in the PL Boro had the 4th lowest wage bill at £34m, Swansea’s was £59m that season. Boris wage bill would have been lower than the parachute payments they were due to receive in the first season so they could afford to keep their players and have some cash left over. Swansea City wage bill would have been higher than the parachute payment so unless loans are the order of the day the moving players on will be the order of the day.

Moving quite a few Swansea players on may not be a bad thing!

I would say the wage bill last season was probably less than the one before but regardless we wouldn't be going into a Championship season with an EPL wage bill.

Leon and Angel both finishing. Siggy, Llorente and Gomis were on big, big bucks.

Selling Mawson alone could arguably finance a promotion winning side but when you factor into the equation other likely exits and blood hungry youngsters you start looking at a plan for success rather than an expectation of doom and gloom.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:03 - May 12 with 1379 viewsDJack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:59 - May 12 by TheResurrection

I would say the wage bill last season was probably less than the one before but regardless we wouldn't be going into a Championship season with an EPL wage bill.

Leon and Angel both finishing. Siggy, Llorente and Gomis were on big, big bucks.

Selling Mawson alone could arguably finance a promotion winning side but when you factor into the equation other likely exits and blood hungry youngsters you start looking at a plan for success rather than an expectation of doom and gloom.

Res, couldn't you just post like this more often and then you would get more respect.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:08 - May 12 with 1362 viewsTreforys_Jack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:59 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Good post mate, tell u 1 thing though, its been a strange old week with many conflicting emotions, 1 thing is for sure though, i shed a tear at Wembley nearly 8 yrs ago and I'll prob shed another tomorrow.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:13 - May 12 with 1353 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:08 - May 12 by Treforys_Jack

Good post mate, tell u 1 thing though, its been a strange old week with many conflicting emotions, 1 thing is for sure though, i shed a tear at Wembley nearly 8 yrs ago and I'll prob shed another tomorrow.

I know what you mean and I'll probably do the same. Waking up Wednesday morning not being a Premier league supporter left me feeling like there was nowhere to turn.

Lucky I had my Planet Tvvat family to pick me up eh.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:17 - May 12 with 1341 viewsTreforys_Jack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:13 - May 12 by TheResurrection

I know what you mean and I'll probably do the same. Waking up Wednesday morning not being a Premier league supporter left me feeling like there was nowhere to turn.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:18 - May 12 with 1338 viewsJokeren1943

First the club need to get ride of the morons in charge. Now we have had 3 years with absolutely no idea in an overall club identity and playing style.

If they don’t leave buying new players is pointless.

Would rather stay 5 years in the championship rebuilding a unique identity and style then watch that crap style we are playing in the moment in PL again in 12 months.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 22:21]
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:23 - May 12 with 1324 viewsSwanzay

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:13 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Who do you recon is to blame for our relegation,im genuinely interested?
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:36 - May 12 with 1298 viewsthornabyswan

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:23 - May 12 by Swanzay

Poor recruitment in the summer and an ultra cautious manager.
With close on 60 million received for Sigurdsson Llorente and Cork.
We had a significant war chest.
But than money was squandered on Bony Clucas Messa
Abrahams and Sanchez.
In hindsight we should have signed players with some PL experience.
You could blame Jenkins Clement or the owners.
The important thing is we try and learn from.our mistakes and go again.
We do need a united fan base to move forward.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:38 - May 12 with 1294 viewsomarjack

Boro invested a decent amount of money (close to 40 m) on signings like Assombalonga,Braithwaite,Fletcher,Randolph and a loan for Besic.

Which means they've practically invested all the money they made on sales..So if our amazing leadership decided to do the same and use all the funds they'll make of selling Mawson,A.Ayew etc..we should (with the right manager) be able to reach the play-offs as well.

BUT!

how sure are we that Kaplan n Levien are willing to risk more financial loss on "that Welsh soccer club" investment thingy?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:42 - May 12 with 1280 viewsGaryjack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 18:35 - May 12 by Neath_Jack

I reckon Bony could rip up the championship, if he stays fit.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:42 - May 12 with 1277 viewsJokeren1943

As far as I can see the board has learned jack shite in the last 3 years.

Please enlighten me in ways they have improved?
[Post edited 12 May 2018 22:50]
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:46 - May 12 with 1266 viewslondontaffia

Let’s get Luis Enrique as manager, we both have the same idea about playing football, it’s a perfect match, we’ll smash the championship! Go go swans!

Poll: How loyal are you really?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:47 - May 12 with 1265 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:23 - May 12 by Swanzay

I am not looking to blame. I am being realistic about the prospects of any club our size in the big league.

If you need total and damning evidence to shut any future argument right down in flames it's this.

We were the 8th longest member of the current EPL.

Us....!!!! Little old Swansea City

Now for the hard of thinking that may need a little time to sink in, but sink in it needs to.

Then come back with your unique identity magic bean formula for eternal facking success.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:52 - May 12 with 1245 viewsthornabyswan

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:47 - May 12 by TheResurrection

I am not looking to blame. I am being realistic about the prospects of any club our size in the big league.

If you need total and damning evidence to shut any future argument right down in flames it's this.

Now for the hard of thinking that may need a little time to sink in, but sink in it needs to.

Then come back with your unique identity magic bean formula for eternal facking success.

So you don't think we have made some very poor recruitment on the playing and manager front.

Alan Curtis didn't seem too impressed earlier in the week.
His quote yes I thought we would go down at some point but not this early.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:52 - May 12 with 1241 viewsJokeren1943

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:47 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Maybe because the unique identity was the reason why Swansea stayed so long and did so well in the Premier League.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 22:53]
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:00 - May 12 with 1220 viewslifelong

What’s galling for me is that we had a great chance to stay up, we haven’t won a game for two months and we’ll probably be relegated by goal difference.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024