Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat 17:25 - May 12 with 11282 viewsTheResurrection

If you want to take some comfort for next season look no further than Boro.

They were shit last season and folded miserably towards the end.

Yet, even with sacking 2 managers since, they've still got into the play offs

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 04:34 - May 13 with 960 viewswobbly

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:59 - May 12 by TheResurrection

I would say the wage bill last season was probably less than the one before but regardless we wouldn't be going into a Championship season with an EPL wage bill.

Leon and Angel both finishing. Siggy, Llorente and Gomis were on big, big bucks.

Selling Mawson alone could arguably finance a promotion winning side but when you factor into the equation other likely exits and blood hungry youngsters you start looking at a plan for success rather than an expectation of doom and gloom.

I’m hoping for this too. Get the right price for Mawson and that buys us a hell of a lot of headroom with the £55m parachute payment for year 1. Fabianski will go elsewhere for probably a minimal fee, and Ki not renewed, means that’s a big chunk out of the wage bill already. We have to take on trust what the club tell us re relegation clauses in the players contracts for those who don’t go to bring down the rest of the wage bill.

Couple that with a pretty talented set of U23s that few on here seem to be factoring in, plus those who have been on the periphery of our PL squad who have also had an impact playing in the FL (Grimes, McBurnie) suggests we could have a nucleus of a side to stabilise in the Championship. A few shrewd buys and a long overdue return to our ‘football principles’ could see us do better than that in what is a pretty terrible Championship.

That’s the hope, anyway.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 04:52 - May 13 with 950 viewsSTID2017

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 04:34 - May 13 by wobbly

I’m hoping for this too. Get the right price for Mawson and that buys us a hell of a lot of headroom with the £55m parachute payment for year 1. Fabianski will go elsewhere for probably a minimal fee, and Ki not renewed, means that’s a big chunk out of the wage bill already. We have to take on trust what the club tell us re relegation clauses in the players contracts for those who don’t go to bring down the rest of the wage bill.

Couple that with a pretty talented set of U23s that few on here seem to be factoring in, plus those who have been on the periphery of our PL squad who have also had an impact playing in the FL (Grimes, McBurnie) suggests we could have a nucleus of a side to stabilise in the Championship. A few shrewd buys and a long overdue return to our ‘football principles’ could see us do better than that in what is a pretty terrible Championship.

That’s the hope, anyway.

Sounds very upbeat and I very much hope you are right.
It would be great to see us start winning again with some style.
I haven't completely given up on this afternoon yet mind ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 08:24 - May 13 with 898 viewsbarry_island

"Truth of the matter is the Turk was ripping the Club off."

Others getting a slice of the pie was always going to be an issue when we had our own already willing to do the job.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 08:25 - May 13 with 897 viewsWhiterockin

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 04:34 - May 13 by wobbly

That’s the hope, anyway.

You can add the players out on loan to the mix. You have mentioned Grimes and McBurnie, but we also have out Amat, Mesa, Fulton,Borja, Montero out on loan. These will either return or be sold to generate extra cash (although minimal) and further reduce the wage bill.

IMO it will all depend what is in the players contracts regarding relegation. I expect any player who had a reduced wage clause, to also have a set sell fee if we are relegated. With the transfer window opening next Thursday, expect some things to move quickly. This is why I would like a new manager in ASAP.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 08:49 - May 13 with 867 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:39 - May 12 by thornabyswan

Steve Gibson as loyal an owner as any club could hope for.

And with the haste Steve Gibson got rid of one of our "all time great" managers just tells you how upright and honourable Garry Monk is !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 08:51 - May 13 with 865 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 08:24 - May 13 by barry_island

"Truth of the matter is the Turk was ripping the Club off."

Others getting a slice of the pie was always going to be an issue when we had our own already willing to do the job.

And to an infinitely greater extent......

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 08:55 - May 13 with 859 viewsbluey_the_blue

The problem that I see for you next season is that the Championship is an odd division. Any team can beat any other on any given day, moreso than in the Prem.

The teams that do well are those with the quality ( cough ), team spirit, leadership on the pitch and more importantly consistency. I'm just not convinced for you on the latter three categories - again, that will rely on the tone set by whoever your next manager will be and the recruitment in terms of players.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 09:08 - May 13 with 836 viewsSTID2017

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 08:55 - May 13 by bluey_the_blue

The problem that I see for you next season is that the Championship is an odd division. Any team can beat any other on any given day, moreso than in the Prem.

The teams that do well are those with the quality ( cough ), team spirit, leadership on the pitch and more importantly consistency. I'm just not convinced for you on the latter three categories - again, that will rely on the tone set by whoever your next manager will be and the recruitment in terms of players.

IF we go down (cough!), we have to make wholesale changes.
As Cardiff proved thiugh, finesse doesn't always wins through.
We need to get the winning mentality back

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 09:08 - May 13 with 837 viewsdobjack2

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 08:55 - May 13 by bluey_the_blue

Fair comment.

Until we hear what the owners have to say and see what they do regarding recruitment ie a manager, director of football and players- in and out- we won’t have any clues about the style of football we are going to try and play or the players who are going to play it.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 09:11 - May 13 with 830 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Planet Tw*t. Funny name to call a forum whose most major contributor is, erm, you.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024