Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat 17:25 - May 12 with 11283 viewsTheResurrection

If you want to take some comfort for next season look no further than Boro.

They were shit last season and folded miserably towards the end.

Yet, even with sacking 2 managers since, they've still got into the play offs

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:01 - May 12 with 1124 viewsmagicdaps10

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:52 - May 12 by Jokeren1943

Maybe because the unique identity was the reason why Swansea stayed so long and did so well in the Premier League.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 22:53]

We had the identity.....under Rodgers and Laudrup but we lost it, why and how?

It appears that the old guard in the squad worked together and got rid of Laudrup. Laudrup wanted to take the club further on but Jenkins felt uneasy on spending extra money.............he was being put into a corner and played along with the old guard.

I suspect because Laudrup didnt get this support, he lost interest.......a bit like a loveless marriage.

Looking back, it sadly seems Monk, Ash, Leon and Rangel had a big part in the clubs demise because someone wanted to change the dynamics of their little empire.

So, we had that identity but it was lost........it can be regained but this time it will be harder too get rolling, if we ever get it back.......BUT we must try.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:01 - May 12 with 1125 viewsjack2jack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:46 - May 12 by londontaffia

Let’s get Luis Enrique as manager, we both have the same idea about playing football, it’s a perfect match, we’ll smash the championship! Go go swans!

Put the lemonade down I think you've had enough now.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:07 - May 12 with 1108 viewsDJack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:01 - May 12 by magicdaps10

It appears that the old guard in the squad worked together and got rid of Laudrup. Laudrup wanted to take the club further on but Jenkins felt uneasy on spending extra money.............he was being put into a corner and played along with the old guard.

I suspect because Laudrup didnt get this support, he lost interest.......a bit like a loveless marriage.

Looking back, it sadly seems Monk, Ash, Leon and Rangel had a big part in the clubs demise because someone wanted to change the dynamics of their little empire.

So, we had that identity but it was lost........it can be regained but this time it will be harder too get rolling, if we ever get it back.......BUT we must try.

I've questioned the Res tonight but we must also remember that previous to us Laudrup was a renowned 18 month and lose interest type manager. Would he have been any different if it wasn't for Jenkins/Morgan, we will never know.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:13 - May 12 with 1091 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:52 - May 12 by thornabyswan

So you don't think we have made some very poor recruitment on the playing and manager front.

Alan Curtis didn't seem too impressed earlier in the week.
His quote yes I thought we would go down at some point but not this early.

Curt, for all his legendary, isn't exactly the be all and end all of the actual facts and truth though is he.

You see, people do this all the time on here. He said one thing so it must be right.

It doesn't work like that.

We could still very well be in the EPL with the tiniest changes of course. Mistakes have been made nobody is denying that. Successes were had as well but they are being denied.

The truth of the matter is, when you look around the divisions at the genuinely huge clubs out there and weigh up that stat of the 7th or 8th longest serving club, well it tells you everything about how hard it is to balance an ever growing wage bill and maintain a playing squad hungry enough and capable of staying there each year.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:14 - May 12 with 1085 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 22:52 - May 12 by Jokeren1943

Maybe because the unique identity was the reason why Swansea stayed so long and did so well in the Premier League.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 22:53]

No, because you could say we had half the time with one identity and the other half with another.

Maybe it was the change in identity that prolonged it.

Think.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:16 - May 12 with 1071 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:00 - May 12 by lifelong

What’s galling for me is that we had a great chance to stay up, we haven’t won a game for two months and we’ll probably be relegated by goal difference.

Exactly.

It's going to come down to something as fine as that or even too many games where the home fans turned on their players and made it impossible for them to play with confidence.

That's the blunt truth as well.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:16 - May 12 with 1069 viewsthornabyswan

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:14 - May 12 by TheResurrection

No, because you could say we had half the time with one identity and the other half with another.

Think.

Or maybe it was the pi$$ poor recruitment in the summer that finished it.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:18 - May 12 with 1064 viewsDJack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:16 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Exactly.

It's going to come down to something as fine as that or even too many games where the home fans turned on their players and made it impossible for them to play with confidence.

As you, I and many others have said previously...The Premier league is an unforgiving place and a bit of bad luck can cost you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:19 - May 12 with 1059 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:01 - May 12 by magicdaps10

We're getting crazed rants from the Turkish car salesman but we've not heard from Leon or Williams or even Monk.

It could be they have a different sequence of events.

You can't just blindly believe something because it suits your agenda.

Truth of the matter is the Turk was ripping the Club off.

It had to stop.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:20 - May 12 with 1054 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:07 - May 12 by DJack

I've questioned the Res tonight but we must also remember that previous to us Laudrup was a renowned 18 month and lose interest type manager. Would he have been any different if it wasn't for Jenkins/Morgan, we will never know.

Laudrup and Tutu fell out with owners after this period everywhere they went.

Why? Or does that really need asking?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:21 - May 12 with 1048 viewsswan65split

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:16 - May 12 by thornabyswan

and the way it was done, Siggys move was dragged out, he was going we all knew that and we should have bought before it was too late.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:21 - May 12 with 1049 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 21:59 - May 12 by TheResurrection

I would say the wage bill last season was probably less than the one before but regardless we wouldn't be going into a Championship season with an EPL wage bill.

Leon and Angel both finishing. Siggy, Llorente and Gomis were on big, big bucks.

Selling Mawson alone could arguably finance a promotion winning side but when you factor into the equation other likely exits and blood hungry youngsters you start looking at a plan for success rather than an expectation of doom and gloom.

Quite.

Blending those hungry youngsters with those that stay into an effective Championship side is the big task and is why the next managerial appointment is a massive decision. It simply has to be a good appointment and it needs to be made early with the shortened transfer window which opens very soon.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:23 - May 12 with 1042 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:16 - May 12 by thornabyswan

That's the only thing you want to believe so it's the only thing you will believe.

It doesn't say much about opening your mind to perspective and balance. It says you suffer terribly with confirmation bias and you surround yourself in echo chambers clinging onto the same theory spouted by different people.

Not healthy for the mind.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:25 - May 12 with 1034 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:21 - May 12 by Joe_bradshaw

Quite.

Blending those hungry youngsters with those that stay into an effective Championship side is the big task and is why the next managerial appointment is a massive decision. It simply has to be a good appointment and it needs to be made early with the shortened transfer window which opens very soon.

Thank God Joe is around. A proper poster and whilst I've certainly not agreed with everything he's posted over the years I've never given him any abuse.

Respect to this man 👍

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:34 - May 12 with 1005 viewsDJack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:20 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Laudrup and Tutu fell out with owners after this period everywhere they went.

Why? Or does that really need asking?

He is aloof and detached as you know and he would rather move on than have a pitched battle with club owners but that does not necessarily make him wrong . Other managers like the battle, Fat Sam etc.

A point for you... some of what I'm posting this evening is just a counterpoint to some of your arguments as I feel that you have either underestimated or ignored the value of other peoples views. (Rarely,) Nothing is black and white.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:40 - May 12 with 989 viewslondontaffia

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:01 - May 12 by jack2jack

Put the lemonade down I think you've had enough now.

Where’s your ambition? Who do you want, Trundle?

Poll: How loyal are you really?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:41 - May 12 with 982 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:34 - May 12 by DJack

He is aloof and detached as you know and he would rather move on than have a pitched battle with club owners but that does not necessarily make him wrong . Other managers like the battle, Fat Sam etc.

A point for you... some of what I'm posting this evening is just a counterpoint to some of your arguments as I feel that you have either underestimated or ignored the value of other peoples views. (Rarely,) Nothing is black and white.

My arguments are intelligent, thought provoking and concise.

What I'm dealing with is shallow, hollow and full of blind hysteria based on a past vision that's got blurred by our own success, a success brought to us by the same people you're habitually knocking.

If this was a battle of wits you came unarmed.

Good night.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:42 - May 12 with 976 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:40 - May 12 by londontaffia

Where’s your ambition? Who do you want, Trundle?

Oh fack off you silly Cardiff kunt. You've been nowhere to be seen for 10 years so fack off before you get a slap.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:45 - May 12 with 958 viewsJokeren1943

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:14 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Think.

When we left the Swansea style the results started to be piss poor.

Playing like all the other boring low table PL clubs did nothing to help Swansea.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:50 - May 12 with 938 viewslondontaffia

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:42 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Oh fack off you silly Cardiff kunt. You've been nowhere to be seen for 10 years so fack off before you get a slap.

I ain’t Cardiff and for that you are also now on the list..me & loyal are gonna be double busy tomorrow cos of tw*ts like you.......we are gonna clean out the cowards and leave a sparkling new club

Poll: How loyal are you really?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:51 - May 12 with 932 viewsDJack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:41 - May 12 by TheResurrection

My arguments are intelligent, thought provoking and concise.

What I'm dealing with is shallow, hollow and full of blind hysteria based on a past vision that's got blurred by our own success, a success brought to us by the same people you're habitually knocking.

If this was a battle of wits you came unarmed.

Good night.

In your dreams. Show me my hysteria, show me who I'm knocking - apart from that thoroughly deserved by Huw who for a VERY good wage has been a facilitator for the demise of our club.

There have been many posters , who after failing to provide a coherent proof of their position, have claimed to have won the argument and left...tonight, that is you. You've made many good points but you have not convinced the majority - they've found you wanting.

Thought provoking, often. Concise, I wish. A massive but flawed Swans fan, most definitely.

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:56 - May 12 with 913 viewslifelong

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:16 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Exactly.

I happen to think that it was negativity from the management that has cost us our Premier League status, especially the games against West Brom, Bournemouth and Southampton.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 00:13 - May 13 with 883 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 23:56 - May 12 by lifelong

I happen to think that it was negativity from the management that has cost us our Premier League status, especially the games against West Brom, Bournemouth and Southampton.

I agree, along with earlier games at home against Watford, Newcastle and Brighton. Both managers reverted to safety first when under pressure and I don't think it's coincidence. It has something to do with the lack of quality in the squad and an unwillingness to trust them to have a go at teams. Clement got his fingers burned after trying to attack Man U early on in the season looking for an equaliser and Carlos had the same experience at Brighton.

The managers were very different. Clement is a coach for whom it is about systems and he's not much of a motivator. Carlos relies on motivation. He's not big on tactics. Yet they both ended up using similar approaches to matches because they thought it was the best option with the squad they had.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 0:15]

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 01:36 - May 13 with 841 viewsKingBony

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 18:21 - May 12 by moonie

I'm a new poster but staggered at the lack of respect to fellow fans.

We ve all been shafted. Our PL status hS been thrown away but there seems more venom between posters than is towards the people who are killing the club,and they are .

My head s cabbages by it all

Enjoy the summer ,people

Are you a garbage pail kid?

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 01:55 - May 13 with 835 viewsKingBony

Exactly.

Fair play that’s a cracker - still going with that one are you?

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024