Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM 16:13 - Aug 17 with 34193 viewsmakaveli1882

Where is everyone drinking tomorrow, I am heading to The Vine

Who is going ?

Tony Leinster IS 100/1 first goal scorer on skybet if anyone wants to waste any money

http://www.sja.org.uk/location-maps/WMD/WestBromwich.pdf    - PARKING 

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/the-hawthorns-w    GROUND INFO 
MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:19 - Aug 18 with 2852 viewsderbyhoop

I think there will be goals in this game. At both ends.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:21 - Aug 18 with 2829 viewsNov77

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:19 - Aug 18 by derbyhoop

I think there will be goals in this game. At both ends.

I agree, lots of goals in the first half at the end we’re defending, then in the second half, there’ll be lots of goals down the other end.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:27 - Aug 18 with 2761 views08olesen

Looking at that lineup its very difficult to see where the goals are going to come from. That being said, Im going for a cagey 0-1 to the Rs. Sylla in the 82nd. (header).

Poll: Who will the other play off

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:36 - Aug 18 with 2667 viewsLblock

Manning on Rotherham's bench

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:36 - Aug 18 with 2672 viewsPinnerPaul

Match threads are getting quieter.

Can't see past a 0-2 I'm afraid
MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:38 - Aug 18 with 2632 viewsLblock

Score Toni, score... We'll love you forever more if you'll just score Toni score..

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:39 - Aug 18 with 2627 viewskropotkin41

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:36 - Aug 18 by PinnerPaul

Match threads are getting quieter.

Can't see past a 0-2 I'm afraid

What is left to say? We're all just crossing our fingers and hoping for the best. Nothing will being back the enthusiasm like a win or two.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:40 - Aug 18 with 2621 viewstimcocking

He might be bound to score, but Matt Phillips isn't a patch on Freeman or Eze...
Login to get fewer ads

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:41 - Aug 18 with 2603 viewsbosh67

Unless he scores a hattrick can anyone tell me what successive managers see in Cousins? A player who makes minimal impact, can't pass, shoot, tackle, defend or score. Or we could have started with Pav who can tackle, get to the byline and score. But why do that?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:43 - Aug 18 with 2584 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gayle, Rodriguez and Phillips.
This is going to get ugly. And I hate being negative.
3-0 Baggies, at least.

Bare bones.

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:49 - Aug 18 with 2521 viewsDejR_vu

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:41 - Aug 18 by bosh67

Unless he scores a hattrick can anyone tell me what successive managers see in Cousins? A player who makes minimal impact, can't pass, shoot, tackle, defend or score. Or we could have started with Pav who can tackle, get to the byline and score. But why do that?

In his defence he's never really had a run in the side. Most players need a run of games to get match sharp and get into a groove. To have a run you have to start somewhere. But, that only works if the manager perseveres for a while and he doesn't get injured. So maybe this is the beginning of a few games for him, especially as SM says he is still learning about his players and trying to find the right formula. I do think we haven't seen the best of him. If we have, it raises questions on why we signed him.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:54 - Aug 18 with 2471 viewsbosh67

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:49 - Aug 18 by DejR_vu

In his defence he's never really had a run in the side. Most players need a run of games to get match sharp and get into a groove. To have a run you have to start somewhere. But, that only works if the manager perseveres for a while and he doesn't get injured. So maybe this is the beginning of a few games for him, especially as SM says he is still learning about his players and trying to find the right formula. I do think we haven't seen the best of him. If we have, it raises questions on why we signed him.

I see what you are saying. I seem to think we signed him on the basis of one good match he played against us the season before we got him, when he was at Charlton. That appeared to be the entire evidence and reasoning to buy him at the time. He's looked and played nothing like that since. I'm even thinking we mistook him for another player that day and then realised too late. Nothing against the guy, seems like a decent chap. Just makes Mikele Leigertwood look like Lionel Messi.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:54 - Aug 18 with 2464 viewsbaz_qpr

It must be 4-3-3 4-5-1 Cousins is surely not playing right AM in a 4-2-3-1 ? Presume we are playing for a 0-0
MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 14:58 - Aug 18 with 2432 viewsA40Bosh

Spain
Appartment
Refreshing dip in the pool
Towel off
Tanquery and tonic with ice and a large wedge of lime
A few more pages of Le Carre
A few cheeky salt and vinegar Ruffles

Now to all be ruined

A Fiver to pay
to endure live display
And induced dismay
for the rest of my day

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:02 - Aug 18 with 2370 viewsMyke

In defence of the lad he has had a horrific time with injuries, so you are probably right about needing a run of games to prove himself or not whatever the case may be. Whether he gets that run of games if Thorne comes in, Hall gets fit or Routledge comes in and Freeman plays more centrally, remains to be seen.
Speaking of run of games, disappointing for me to see Sylla benched again. Very difficult to establish yourself if out, in, out every other game
MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:05 - Aug 18 with 2321 viewsPinnerPaul

Love the fact we now have a point on the BBC as it stands table!
MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:07 - Aug 18 with 2274 viewsPinnerPaul

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:05 - Aug 18 by PinnerPaul

Love the fact we now have a point on the BBC as it stands table!

and 75% possession after 5 mins
MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:14 - Aug 18 with 2132 viewsderbyhoop

Started OK first 5 minutes but under the cosh now.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:22 - Aug 18 with 1966 viewsVancouverHoop

Survived period of WBA pressure rather well. Cousins doing OK at the mo, and Ingram looks a bit less shaky in goal.
MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:23 - Aug 18 with 1946 viewsDorse

Couldn't find a live stream for us cheapskates.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:24 - Aug 18 with 1929 viewsR_from_afar

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:07 - Aug 18 by PinnerPaul

and 75% possession after 5 mins

Am at Wycombe spying on our next opponents in this year's Caramac (remember those?) Cup.

They press well and have scored a scruffy goal already so Gareth is looking agitated.

My body may be in Bucks but my heart is in the West Midlands with the Rs and oh heck 2-0 to The Pirates now!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:25 - Aug 18 with 1915 viewsdistortR

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:23 - Aug 18 by Dorse

Couldn't find a live stream for us cheapskates.

i can't even get bbc live text.

But i'm here for you, rangers.

just not there
MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:25 - Aug 18 with 1906 viewsderbyhoop

The excitement is killing me. Halfway through first half and we've just had the first shot on goal by either side. Rodrigues (WBA) high and wide.

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:26 - Aug 18 with 1893 viewsPinnerPaul

MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:25 - Aug 18 by distortR

i can't even get bbc live text.

But i'm here for you, rangers.

just not there

Shot off target for them, 1 ON target for us - Mass
MATCH THREAD - WEST BROM on 15:27 - Aug 18 with 1859 viewsPinnerPaul

Derby are starting their end of season panic a bit early this year - 2 down to Millwall
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024