Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No loans coming in? 14:04 - Aug 30 with 32769 viewsSwansea93

Potters press conference l

I counted today that our squad is about 27 or 28 players so from a numbers perspective I think we are okay. Injuries can affect you at any level and make starting XI different. I don’t see it is as light as you think. We will need a bit of luck we are okay numbers wise

If no-one else comes in, is it finances or football?

“It’s a bit of both, I would count around 27 or 28 players who have indicated they want to be here. That’s a lot of players and I have to take them down to 11 and there will be guys who will still be disappointed not to make the 18. I had a player in Sweden where I had a young player who was in Fourth Division in Sweden and went on to play against Arsenal in Europa League. It’s about development.”
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 14:12]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

No loans coming in? on 11:25 - Sep 1 with 1534 viewsthornabyswan

No loans coming in? on 10:54 - Sep 1 by awayjack

If that’s true why aren’t the Trust team shouting from the rooftops? They can’t have any control or influence if the haven’t seen accounts during such a critical period.

Yes that's what I thought could somebody from.the Trust answer this one hopefully will get discussed Wednesday.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

No loans coming in? on 11:55 - Sep 1 with 1459 viewsJango

No loans coming in? on 10:48 - Sep 1 by Dippy

Last year.. you stated that our squad were more than good enough for mid table in the PL..

Now a year on.. You're saying our squad is more than good enough for a mid table finish in the Championship, and you're content with it.

What's your angle in all this.. it's a weird stance.. almost troll material.

I’d say this years squad at this level is far far more exciting than last years squad at that level. In fact I’d suggest that our current best possible 11 under Potter wouldn’t be out of its depth against last years best 11 under Clement or Carvalhal.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2018 12:11]
No loans coming in? on 11:58 - Sep 1 with 1451 viewsairedale

No loans coming in? on 11:55 - Sep 1 by Jango

I’d say this years squad at this level is far far more exciting than last years squad at that level. In fact I’d suggest that our current best possible 11 under Potter wouldn’t be out of its depth against last years best 11 under Clement or Carvalhal.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2018 12:11]

Yep, and I can’t see how someone from the Supporters Trust reading accounts will enhance our enjoyment of the games even more
No loans coming in? on 12:48 - Sep 1 with 1342 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 10:48 - Sep 1 by Dippy

Last year.. you stated that our squad were more than good enough for mid table in the PL..

Now a year on.. You're saying our squad is more than good enough for a mid table finish in the Championship, and you're content with it.

What's your angle in all this.. it's a weird stance.. almost troll material.

When we got to 31 points with 9 games to go after picking up 20 in around 10 games I think it was a fair assessment.

Let's be honest here, we shouldn't have gone down. We were, what, a point or two from relegation and picked up 12 points under Clement.

We had enough to have stayed up but we didn't.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

No loans coming in? on 13:00 - Sep 1 with 1322 viewsCooperman

No loans coming in? on 12:48 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

When we got to 31 points with 9 games to go after picking up 20 in around 10 games I think it was a fair assessment.

Let's be honest here, we shouldn't have gone down. We were, what, a point or two from relegation and picked up 12 points under Clement.

We had enough to have stayed up but we didn't.

If we were too good to go down then we would have stayed up, all things considered.

38 games is sufficient scope to separate the wheat from the chaff. Our ‘club’ which includes everyone from playing staff to tea boy / girl was not good enough. Inevitably some of the off field antics will have influenced the on pitch performances.

The last seven game run in was diabolical.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

No loans coming in? on 14:14 - Sep 1 with 1248 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 13:00 - Sep 1 by Cooperman

If we were too good to go down then we would have stayed up, all things considered.

38 games is sufficient scope to separate the wheat from the chaff. Our ‘club’ which includes everyone from playing staff to tea boy / girl was not good enough. Inevitably some of the off field antics will have influenced the on pitch performances.

We wouldn't have gone down had Clement gone in October, even November.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

No loans coming in? on 14:30 - Sep 1 with 1221 viewsthornabyswan

No loans coming in? on 14:14 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

We wouldn't have gone down had Clement gone in October, even November.

It's a shame Potter didn't come in instead of Carlos he bottled it when it mattered.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

No loans coming in? on 15:20 - Sep 1 with 1125 viewsswan65split

Cant argue with that , saints game was a killer!!
Login to get fewer ads

No loans coming in? on 04:39 - Sep 2 with 1016 viewsEU5Makaveli

Let’s be honest, after much doubt from myself and some questionable attempts at banter from himself... the Res is right.

It’s not “vibrant football” but it’s a great deal better than the sh*t we’ve been served up over the last few season

To win at Milwall with 10 men and come back from a goal down is hell of a result.

We are short in some areas but have the making of a good squad here, so let’s get behind them and enjoy the season

I don’t like the boards tactics but we as fans don’t know the excat number financially, the amount of money we’ve blown over the last few years could mean we need to sell and get the wage bill down just to stay afloat.

We’re not going up this year but I bet we’ll enjoy it a great deal more than we did last year
No loans coming in? on 09:05 - Sep 2 with 935 viewsjackrmee

That damn tea boy!!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

No loans coming in? on 09:22 - Sep 2 with 916 viewsAlfieMooresSon

A good start but this squad is way to weak to sustain it, watch us drop as the season goes on after Christmas !!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024