Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No loans coming in? 14:04 - Aug 30 with 32773 viewsSwansea93

Potters press conference l

I counted today that our squad is about 27 or 28 players so from a numbers perspective I think we are okay. Injuries can affect you at any level and make starting XI different. I don’t see it is as light as you think. We will need a bit of luck we are okay numbers wise

If no-one else comes in, is it finances or football?

“It’s a bit of both, I would count around 27 or 28 players who have indicated they want to be here. That’s a lot of players and I have to take them down to 11 and there will be guys who will still be disappointed not to make the 18. I had a player in Sweden where I had a young player who was in Fourth Division in Sweden and went on to play against Arsenal in Europa League. It’s about development.”
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 14:12]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

No loans coming in? on 09:47 - Aug 31 with 2079 viewsSmellyplumz

This thread sums up perfectly why this club is fkd.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

No loans coming in? on 09:50 - Aug 31 with 2065 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

No loans coming in? on 09:00 - Aug 31 by TheResurrection

Can Carter-Vickers also play DM?

From the clips I saw I'd say he could.

Why are we scrambling around for solutions?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

No loans coming in? on 09:51 - Aug 31 with 2061 viewsjackal

No loans coming in? on 22:14 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

Well I'll be completely honest with you as I am not a liar. I have never ever spoken to Jenkins in my life, or Martin Morgan and to Dineen the once ever.

No one is "feeding" me any info. I never put anything on here that anyone has told me to or hinted at. I have a good mate who knows someone (don't we all though?!) where I get some info, but that's it.

I would love to get back to being able to criticise Jenkins and co, but for me, and straight up, I feel the whole SCFC situation needs some re-balancing and what's happening with the fans isn't healthy for the future of our club.

The mood needs to lift and we need to properly get behind a young manager with talented youngsters and we can be successful again.

And I totally agree with Dr Winston, it does feel like we maybe missing a golden opportunity to have a real crack at promotion again, but this could be very much because the Club and it's financials need protecting just now.

I can't understand how anyone can think that the current situation is good for our club.

We will be using our youngsters a lot this season because we have to. There's no one else.

Supposing these youngsters turn into great footballers.

Those on loan will return to their parent clubs and those under contract will be sold to line the fvcking Yanks' pockets.
No loans coming in? on 09:59 - Aug 31 with 2006 viewsLeonWasGod

No loans coming in? on 09:00 - Aug 31 by TheResurrection

Can Carter-Vickers also play DM?

From the clips I saw I'd say he could.

He has in the past, but not often. More as a defensive screen rather than a creative DM. He's not bad on the ball though apparently, but looking at him I'd say his physicality suits him as a CB.

I think he's a great signing for us - can see him being used at Joe's expense. Although it's a long season and we'll need both.
No loans coming in? on 10:02 - Aug 31 with 2002 viewsthornabyswan

No loans coming in? on 09:50 - Aug 31 by JACKMANANDBOY

Why are we scrambling around for solutions?

We have pi$$ed so much money down the drain.
Our income is dropping by 50 million quid.
We were sold down the river by people who were supposed to put the club's interest before there own.
The investors who bought us won't spend a dime of there own money.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

No loans coming in? on 10:30 - Aug 31 with 1894 viewslonglostjack

No loans coming in? on 10:02 - Aug 31 by thornabyswan

We have pi$$ed so much money down the drain.
Our income is dropping by 50 million quid.
We were sold down the river by people who were supposed to put the club's interest before there own.
The investors who bought us won't spend a dime of there own money.

The Hedge Fund / Consortium that owns us will be gone soon. As soon as they’ve secured a return on their investment.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

No loans coming in? on 10:48 - Aug 31 with 1815 viewsJango

No loans coming in? on 09:51 - Aug 31 by jackal

I can't understand how anyone can think that the current situation is good for our club.

We will be using our youngsters a lot this season because we have to. There's no one else.

Supposing these youngsters turn into great footballers.

Those on loan will return to their parent clubs and those under contract will be sold to line the fvcking Yanks' pockets.

Explain how you would have done things to make it better then?

When we were relegated nearly everyone I spoke to was kind of looking forward to rebuilding and getting back to the ‘Swansea way’. Now people want it all done now. Last time we were in the championship our record signing was £850k and our highest earner was probably on but much more than £10k a week. We’ve just spent £4m on a player and currently still have a number of players on a hell of a lot more than £10k. If the club had moved in Dyer Routledge and Narsingh maybe we’d have seen the 1 or 2 players we need in by now.

If the club had done things they way you lot want, splashed the cash regardless and then we didn’t get promoted we’d be in a far worse position next summer. Potter has said it will take a few Windows, he said it from the very start. I can’t see what everyone’s issue is. Chill out and enjoy the season, it’s been great so far.
No loans coming in? on 10:53 - Aug 31 with 1795 viewsdobjack2

No loans coming in? on 10:48 - Aug 31 by Jango

When we were relegated nearly everyone I spoke to was kind of looking forward to rebuilding and getting back to the ‘Swansea way’. Now people want it all done now. Last time we were in the championship our record signing was £850k and our highest earner was probably on but much more than £10k a week. We’ve just spent £4m on a player and currently still have a number of players on a hell of a lot more than £10k. If the club had moved in Dyer Routledge and Narsingh maybe we’d have seen the 1 or 2 players we need in by now.

If the club had done things they way you lot want, splashed the cash regardless and then we didn’t get promoted we’d be in a far worse position next summer. Potter has said it will take a few Windows, he said it from the very start. I can’t see what everyone’s issue is. Chill out and enjoy the season, it’s been great so far.

The issue is the level of cut backs. Hopefully we will enjoy the season.
As for strengthening in future windows, a sensible idea but depends on whether you trust the boardto do that.

The next few sets of accounts should make interesting reading.
Login to get fewer ads

No loans coming in? on 10:58 - Aug 31 with 1768 viewswobbly

No loans coming in? on 08:14 - Aug 31 by angryjack

You mean keep bony who has not had a run of games for 4years so what happens when he breaks down again after one or two games

But Bony was awesome for us years ago and majorly contributed to some of our best performances in the Premier League and Europe. Therefore he deserves to stay around and command the premium salary on the basis he was pretty good a few years ago.

Well, if that argument is good enough for the Huw apologists....
No loans coming in? on 11:12 - Aug 31 with 1709 viewsJango

No loans coming in? on 10:53 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

The issue is the level of cut backs. Hopefully we will enjoy the season.
As for strengthening in future windows, a sensible idea but depends on whether you trust the boardto do that.

The next few sets of accounts should make interesting reading.

Cut backs have to be made though. The sooner we get back to a level where we are not reliant on parachute payments the better for me. I won’t disagree with anyone who says there have been catastrophic mistakes in recruitment the few seasons but I don’t agree that the yanks are not willing to spend. They invested large sums of the clubs money last season. People moan we still made net profit but then moan at the size of our wage bill, that makes no sense. We’ve spent £4m on one player this summer and our tv revenue for the season is only £6m.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 11:13]
No loans coming in? on 11:18 - Aug 31 with 1675 viewsSwansea_Viking

Rock and a hard place is the term that comes to mind for me.
It has always been understood that cuts would have to be made to the playing staff with the high earners moved on. I also remember that one of the big fears of relegation was the potential of job losses within the club on the support staff. I have not heard any info on any redundancies to date so I assume that we are still paying all these people. If we can retain these people that is a good thing in my mind but I certainly think that those at the very top should have at least a big pay cut if money is really that tight, the likes of CP and HJ certainly. I have no idea what the payscales of Championship CEO’s COO’s are but surely not at the level that they are paid in the PL.
The really alarming thing is the scale and brutality of the cuts and the lack of investment in suitable replacements which has been discussed to death on here. I am also bemused that we had two games on Tuesday night at Stevenage and against Crystal Palace yet not one of Dyer, Routledge or Narsingh was used. I know that we are supposedly trying to get rid of these guys but with such a young team put out on both teams their experience may have helped.
Potter seems a genuine guy and I desperately want him to succeed. I think he knew that belt tightening was to be expected but not like this.
In terms of the football side of things, once we went down I was looking to a 2-3 year rebuilding of the club so that we could get back to the successful model of a few years ago. Good scouting network, good manager like Potter who wants to play the right way, hungry, skilful players coming in to play a defined system rather than a hotch-potch of has-beens who are bought because of cost or availability at the expense of our playing style and principles as seen during the Monk era and beyond.
I have no desire to rush back to the Premier League this season or even next. I would prefer that we go back up with a restructured and settled club on and off the field.
In short, I want the yanks to do one and pish off back to the states and leave our club alone. My fear though is what happens when they are gone? Who will buy our club. The fact that we will have little or no say in this is a depressing one.
However, we need to support Potter and the team as much as we can on the field and a mid table finish this year would suit me just fine.

You Stupid Boy!

No loans coming in? on 11:24 - Aug 31 with 1652 viewsSWAND

What you’ve said would be relevant if we were a club that hadn’t just spent 7 years in the richest league in the world.

Even the most naive person must be questioning why for example we can’t get players like woods in for 6.5mill which should be penny’s for us after spending so long in the prem.

You’ve referred back to us last time we were in the championship, yes we were skint but things are completely different now.

They’ve pocketed a lot of the money, simple.
No loans coming in? on 11:36 - Aug 31 with 1591 viewsSwansea_Viking

No loans coming in? on 11:24 - Aug 31 by SWAND

What you’ve said would be relevant if we were a club that hadn’t just spent 7 years in the richest league in the world.

Even the most naive person must be questioning why for example we can’t get players like woods in for 6.5mill which should be penny’s for us after spending so long in the prem.

You’ve referred back to us last time we were in the championship, yes we were skint but things are completely different now.

Yes that's right, we are in this position because of the greedy sods.
That's why I want to try and rebuild. without the bloody yanks if at all possible.

You Stupid Boy!

No loans coming in? on 11:38 - Aug 31 with 1573 viewsJacket

Never thought many would be coming in, but now it's actually happened I am absolutely flabbergasted. Think of the additional savings we'll have to make next year!!
No loans coming in? on 11:49 - Aug 31 with 1539 viewsJango

No loans coming in? on 11:24 - Aug 31 by SWAND

Only the naive believe they’ve pocketed loads of money. If you think being in the Prem makes you rich then you’re mistaken. Look at nearly every club that’s come down and the state most are in.
No loans coming in? on 12:12 - Aug 31 with 1438 viewsJacket

No loans coming in? on 11:49 - Aug 31 by Jango

Only the naive believe they’ve pocketed loads of money. If you think being in the Prem makes you rich then you’re mistaken. Look at nearly every club that’s come down and the state most are in.

It's a conspiracy theory and nothing else. Many believe they've already made their money back. I just don't get how they work that out. Huge has spunked good money after bad on shocking signings. Our wage bill was out of control. Any profit on sales has surely gone to pay the wages. The only way they could make money is on any increase in value. They seem to be clearing the decks in order to recoup as much as possible from a sale. They're cutting their losses. The amount they've lost is one they can afford, they seem to be readying themselves to move on before they burn their fingers some more.
No loans coming in? on 12:19 - Aug 31 with 1406 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 10:58 - Aug 31 by wobbly

But Bony was awesome for us years ago and majorly contributed to some of our best performances in the Premier League and Europe. Therefore he deserves to stay around and command the premium salary on the basis he was pretty good a few years ago.

Well, if that argument is good enough for the Huw apologists....

I disagree with that I thought first time around he was bang average scored around 20 goals granted but 6 or 7 were penalties others against nobody's in preliminary round of the Europa and also he was missing more chances than he was putting away,that season he was having chance after chance put in front of him we had creative players behind him with some the best football seen at this club under laudrup I thought he should got a lot more over rated which Man City soon found out then stoke now us again
No loans coming in? on 12:21 - Aug 31 with 1391 viewsLoyal

No loans coming in? on 12:19 - Aug 31 by angryjack

I disagree with that I thought first time around he was bang average scored around 20 goals granted but 6 or 7 were penalties others against nobody's in preliminary round of the Europa and also he was missing more chances than he was putting away,that season he was having chance after chance put in front of him we had creative players behind him with some the best football seen at this club under laudrup I thought he should got a lot more over rated which Man City soon found out then stoke now us again

Only scored a winning goal 3 times.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

No loans coming in? on 12:24 - Aug 31 with 1374 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 12:21 - Aug 31 by Loyal

Overrated lazy tw@t imo,,very lucky to had the contracts he's been given
No loans coming in? on 12:32 - Aug 31 with 1337 viewsairedale

No loans coming in? on 11:49 - Aug 31 by Jango

The vast majority of the PL money is trousered by the playing staff.
No loans coming in? on 12:34 - Aug 31 with 1323 viewsLoyal

Your missing one thing.
The club ran matters based on cash in not additional investment when in the Premier league. Now we are in the championship there is only a 50 million defect which they have more than covered.

As I said. Asset strippers. No more apologists.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

No loans coming in? on 12:39 - Aug 31 with 1285 viewsSenhin

No loans coming in? on 12:21 - Aug 31 by Loyal

When people come up with this 'winning goals' stat, does that not count the other goals in the same game just because they were earlier? Pretty sure that in a 3-2 win, the other two goals were quite important too.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

No loans coming in? on 12:44 - Aug 31 with 1243 viewsJango

No loans coming in? on 12:34 - Aug 31 by Loyal

Your missing one thing.
The club ran matters based on cash in not additional investment when in the Premier league. Now we are in the championship there is only a 50 million defect which they have more than covered.

As I said. Asset strippers. No more apologists.

And what about money we owe in debt? What about the wages next year when parachute payments reduce? Why do people think we are sitting on a pot of gold because we’ve been in the prem for so long.
No loans coming in? on 12:53 - Aug 31 with 1188 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 12:44 - Aug 31 by Jango

And what about money we owe in debt? What about the wages next year when parachute payments reduce? Why do people think we are sitting on a pot of gold because we’ve been in the prem for so long.

What about clubs that have just come up and signed senior pros not kids like us and no parachute payments and no multi million pound assets the y just sold how do they pay next year's wage bill eh
No loans coming in? on 12:58 - Aug 31 with 1146 viewsshandyjack

No loans coming in? on 12:19 - Aug 31 by angryjack

Scored more goals in the premier league for the year 2014 than any other player, but you keep spouting this overated nonsense

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024