Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No loans coming in? 14:04 - Aug 30 with 31849 viewsSwansea93

Potters press conference l

I counted today that our squad is about 27 or 28 players so from a numbers perspective I think we are okay. Injuries can affect you at any level and make starting XI different. I don’t see it is as light as you think. We will need a bit of luck we are okay numbers wise

If no-one else comes in, is it finances or football?

“It’s a bit of both, I would count around 27 or 28 players who have indicated they want to be here. That’s a lot of players and I have to take them down to 11 and there will be guys who will still be disappointed not to make the 18. I had a player in Sweden where I had a young player who was in Fourth Division in Sweden and went on to play against Arsenal in Europa League. It’s about development.”
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 14:12]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

No loans coming in? on 19:49 - Aug 30 with 1691 viewsSWAND

No loans coming in? on 19:00 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

Out of curiosity, what time does the loan window close tomorrow?

Ps
Where the fook IS Sean Clare?

Did we ever sign him or was it just another player we were “interested in”?
No loans coming in? on 19:52 - Aug 30 with 1653 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 19:46 - Aug 30 by Darran

A vibrant brand of football my arse.

I’ll be honest here,when my kids were young and they’d say we didn’t deserve to win or didn’t deserve to draw on our way home from a game I’d put them right in the picture.
I’ll give you two examples.
If one of my kids had said we didn’t deserve three points against Preston on their second half showing I’d ask them how many goals Preston had scored then I’d ask them how many goals we had scored.

If one of my kids had said we didn’t deserve a point against Birmingham I’d ask them how many goals Birmingham had scored then I’d ask them how many goals we had scored.

But vibrant? Fuçking hell your getting scarier by the day. We all support the same team but some of us are honest and some are just downright deluded.

How many more times do you have to be wrong before you realise we are in a massive mess?

WTF ARE YOU ON ABOUT????

Have you being smoking white widow all day or something?? And I bet your kids have grown up to be as confused as the rest of us are with that sort of bollocks.

Fair play that was facking comical

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

No loans coming in? on 19:53 - Aug 30 with 1639 viewsmagicdaps10

I just had a massive bout of deja vue.

Vibrant is the new,what was it, FFF!?

No wonder you type a lot, what with you having a size 10 firmly fixed in your mouth.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

No loans coming in? on 19:54 - Aug 30 with 1632 viewsmagicdaps10

No loans coming in? on 19:49 - Aug 30 by SWAND

Did we ever sign him or was it just another player we were “interested in”?

Fook knows, doesnt look like he has.

Some sort of statement in regards to it would be nice, even if was them stating that it was all BS.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 20:09]

No loans coming in? on 19:56 - Aug 30 with 1621 viewsDarran

No loans coming in? on 19:52 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

WTF ARE YOU ON ABOUT????

Have you being smoking white widow all day or something?? And I bet your kids have grown up to be as confused as the rest of us are with that sort of bollocks.

Fair play that was facking comical

Is that the best you can do?
We are in trouble and you’ll still be talking shit when we are back in League 2.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No loans coming in? on 20:12 - Aug 30 with 1557 viewsBadlands

We seem to be agreeing deals with other clubs but players aren't keen.(Perhaps they want to play for England!)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

No loans coming in? on 20:16 - Aug 30 with 1528 viewsmagicdaps10

No loans coming in? on 20:12 - Aug 30 by Badlands

We seem to be agreeing deals with other clubs but players aren't keen.(Perhaps they want to play for England!)

Give us an example on who we agreed a deal on in the last few months?

No loans coming in? on 20:29 - Aug 30 with 1472 viewsElmo

No loans coming in? on 19:39 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

Last info I’ve seen is for June so before most transfer movements and before forecast for next season had been done. Not seen anything more recent.

Which is why I can only comment on what I’ve seen and I’m not prepared to speculate or extrapolate about anything subsequent to that. However much people don’t like it.

Its a bit odd and worrying that the Trust has not yet seen Financial Plans and Forecasts for 2018/19.

The Trust must surely be proactive in the Planning and Forecasting process. Baffling that the Trust only has access to historical management accounts
Login to get fewer ads

No loans coming in? on 20:37 - Aug 30 with 1441 viewsthornabyswan

No loans coming in? on 20:29 - Aug 30 by Elmo

Its a bit odd and worrying that the Trust has not yet seen Financial Plans and Forecasts for 2018/19.

The Trust must surely be proactive in the Planning and Forecasting process. Baffling that the Trust only has access to historical management accounts

Yes that is a bit of a concern what with about 15 players having left for close on 47 million quid.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

No loans coming in? on 20:50 - Aug 30 with 1363 viewsAngelRangelQS

As things stand....We have..

2 GKs competing for the No 1 spot

2 good quality RBs

2 decent LBs

1 solid relatively experienced CB and 2 others competing. After Tuesday, you’d probably say 3 others.

6 central midfielders. 7 if you count Byers. We could probably do with a bit more bite here

Tonnes of options on the wing

McBurnie and Bony upfront with a couple of others who can play there at a push. Seems short but we’ve never really had more than 2 genuine starting strikers. If Bony goes then we are certainly lacking here.

We have a couple of gaps but I don’t see how anyone can say it’s woefully short of options. On paper it is probably one of the better ones in the league
No loans coming in? on 20:51 - Aug 30 with 1357 viewsFireboy2

I see that huws c0ckpiece is up again spouting propaganda

Think i will go and have a lie down
No loans coming in? on 20:54 - Aug 30 with 1330 viewsJonTheJack

No loans coming in? on 19:04 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

I totally, totally disagree and don't mind going against the grain in saying that.

The games I have been watching are showing a vibrant brand of football played with heart and spirit. Celina desperately needs a goal and should've had 4 or 5. It's this sort of development process that's going to hopefully make him a top drawer player.

The squad is pretty strong for this league I would say. Yes, there are certain areas we could do with strengthening in but the squad hasn't been finalised yet. We don't know who may still come in and perhaps, more importantly, who might stay.

I know it's the done thing on here to slag our football club off on the slightest of issues, bur until Saturday comes we won't know who Potter's got to choose from in full. This may still include Dyer, Routs, Narsingh and Bony. And if they are still here every single one of them will be a class above your average Championship player.

And this division is gruelling but it's severely lacking in quality and that's what Potter is interested in. He doesn't want to go out there and play Football Manager like Magic facing flaps or the like, he prefers to bring players through and get the best out of them. Nobody would have been championing Conner Roberts 6 months ago but the way he's coming on, not many will want him dropped now. The same could be said of McBurnie, and yes, he can blow hot and cold but the boy knows where the goals are and will get better and better. Joe Rodon has come in and not looked out of place and the youngsters Tuesday night did themselves and the Club proud.

And Lisa, if you don't know Potter, have never spoken to him or even met him, I don't know where you're getting that rubbish from. The games we have played have showed us to be a team learning on the job, a little inconsistent here and there, which will be expected.

Maybe instead of the obvious vendetta you have you could channel some of this energy into putting the masses right when you constantly hear of fans claiming the Board are up to no good or that they're siphoning money out of the Club, because if you have no evidence of this, the fact you just pass over the oh-so-many of these posts without comment is disturbing.

Down with the pitchfork and show some balance if you may.

Curious to hear which parts of Lisa's post you 'totally, totally' disagree with.

Namely, the fact that Lisa comments on everyone associated with club can see our glaring weakness?

Do you think that our midfield is the strongest area?
Or do you think our sole striker (with even Oli's limited experience) is the strongest area?

I'll give you the team is playing with spirit, but the facts are that we were on the ropes for the entire second half against Preston and needed to rush Leroy back to give the back four more protection.

We were also absolutely pummelled by Birmingham and were lucky not to go into half time 4 or 5 down to use your choice of numbers thanks to our midfield (without Leroy) giving them the red carpet treatment to have free runs at our back line.

Or how about the fact that we couldn't trouble Bristol City's goalkeeper when they haven't looked like winning an away game so far this season? Guess who didn't start that game...

So, once again, exactly which part of Lisa's post do you 'totally, totally' disagree with? Because every instance of time that Tom Carroll and Jay Fulton are in midfield together has meant Celina has to play deeper than the game he's looked the best in. And you honestly think that if Leroy or Oli picked up an injury, we would still be competitive over a season?
No loans coming in? (n/t) on 20:55 - Aug 30 with 1326 viewsCaptain_Sham

No loans coming in? on 20:50 - Aug 30 by AngelRangelQS

2 good quality RBs

2 decent LBs

1 solid relatively experienced CB and 2 others competing. After Tuesday, you’d probably say 3 others.

6 central midfielders. 7 if you count Byers. We could probably do with a bit more bite here

McBurnie and Bony upfront with a couple of others who can play there at a push. Seems short but we’ve never really had more than 2 genuine starting strikers. If Bony goes then we are certainly lacking here.

We have a couple of gaps but I don’t see how anyone can say it’s woefully short of options. On paper it is probably one of the better ones in the league

[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 20:56]

Its just a ride.

No loans coming in? on 21:03 - Aug 30 with 1285 viewsJango

No loans coming in? on 20:37 - Aug 30 by thornabyswan

Yes that is a bit of a concern what with about 15 players having left for close on 47 million quid.

A lot of over reaction on here as usual.

We have the basis of a very good team ffs. Yes I’d love to see us sign an experienced DM to go with Fer but we still have Carroll, Fulton and Grimes plus Celina who can drop deeper and Maric if needed. We have 4 centre backs, 2 RBs, 2 LBs, more than enough strength for this league on the wing. Dhanda, Celina, McKay now Routledge and Narsingh also for the number 10 role.

People moaning about the striker position. Mcburnie and hopefully Bony with CBR as 3rd choice is more than enough for a team who play one striker. How many strikers do Man City have? Aguero and Jesus. Man Utd? Lukaku and Rashford.

Wasting money on average players just to make up numbers is what got us in this mess.

People keep going on about injuries, apart from the odd short term injury how many did we have on our promotion season? Not many at all.

Hopefully we’ll see some movement in the next 24 hours but let’s not make out we are down otherwise because that’s nonsense.
No loans coming in? on 21:03 - Aug 30 with 1278 viewsdobjack2

No loans coming in? on 20:50 - Aug 30 by AngelRangelQS

2 good quality RBs

2 decent LBs

We could probably do with a bit more bite in midfield - an understatement

A not fully fit Mcburnie and a still injured bony up front with a couple of others who could play there at a push - if you don’t score you don’t win.

We have numbers in the squad, but not necessarily in the right positions.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 21:06]
No loans coming in? on 21:08 - Aug 30 with 1245 viewsJango

No loans coming in? on 21:03 - Aug 30 by dobjack2

A not fully fit Mcburnie and a still injured bony up front with a couple of others who could play there at a push - if you don’t score you don’t win.

Mcburnie is a short term injury which hasn’t even ruled him out. Bony back in training. We can’t sign players to fill gaps short term.
No loans coming in? on 21:08 - Aug 30 with 1240 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 20:51 - Aug 30 by Fireboy2

I see that huws c0ckpiece is up again spouting propaganda

Think i will go and have a lie down

say that to my face?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

No loans coming in? on 21:10 - Aug 30 with 1222 viewsdobjack2

No loans coming in? on 15:12 - Aug 30 by A_Fans_Dad

But we are creating more chances now, but still not taking enough of them.

when our midfield is overpowered we don’t make the chances
No loans coming in? on 21:11 - Aug 30 with 1209 viewsFireboy2

No loans coming in? on 21:08 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

say that to my face?

You are huws shooting in piece

And you spout his propaganda

Thst good enough for you

#huwsshootinginpiece
No loans coming in? on 21:12 - Aug 30 with 1203 viewsFireboy2

Now fack off back under the rock you crawled from
No loans coming in? on 21:12 - Aug 30 with 1201 viewsAngelRangelQS

No loans coming in? on 21:03 - Aug 30 by dobjack2

It’s not an understatement because if Fer plays he adds a hell of a lot more than what we had on Saturday and you can probably play two of Carroll/Celina/Dhanda quite easily. Fulton isn’t a shrinking violet either. At worst, we are one player short in there.

McBurnie and Bony aren’t fully fit at the moment but they soon will be. At worst, we are a back up striker short in this area too although we do have Baker-Richardson who is probably worth looking at until January.
No loans coming in? on 21:12 - Aug 30 with 1200 viewsawayjack

No loans coming in? on 21:03 - Aug 30 by Jango

A lot of over reaction on here as usual.

We have the basis of a very good team ffs. Yes I’d love to see us sign an experienced DM to go with Fer but we still have Carroll, Fulton and Grimes plus Celina who can drop deeper and Maric if needed. We have 4 centre backs, 2 RBs, 2 LBs, more than enough strength for this league on the wing. Dhanda, Celina, McKay now Routledge and Narsingh also for the number 10 role.

People moaning about the striker position. Mcburnie and hopefully Bony with CBR as 3rd choice is more than enough for a team who play one striker. How many strikers do Man City have? Aguero and Jesus. Man Utd? Lukaku and Rashford.

Wasting money on average players just to make up numbers is what got us in this mess.

People keep going on about injuries, apart from the odd short term injury how many did we have on our promotion season? Not many at all.

Hopefully we’ll see some movement in the next 24 hours but let’s not make out we are down otherwise because that’s nonsense.

Idiot
No loans coming in? on 21:14 - Aug 30 with 1186 viewsFlashberryjack

I don't know what games I've been watching this season, because they aren't the same games as some on here have been watching.

F*ck me guys we're in serious trouble here.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

No loans coming in? on 21:14 - Aug 30 with 1184 viewsFireboy2

No loans coming in? on 21:12 - Aug 30 by awayjack

Idiot

No

Hes another of huws shooting in piece
No loans coming in? on 21:16 - Aug 30 with 1168 viewsMrSwerve

No loans coming in? on 21:14 - Aug 30 by Flashberryjack

I don't know what games I've been watching this season, because they aren't the same games as some on here have been watching.

F*ck me guys we're in serious trouble here.

It's fine mun. We can always dip in to the under 12s when we get a few more injuries.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024