Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No loans coming in? 14:04 - Aug 30 with 32774 viewsSwansea93

Potters press conference l

I counted today that our squad is about 27 or 28 players so from a numbers perspective I think we are okay. Injuries can affect you at any level and make starting XI different. I don’t see it is as light as you think. We will need a bit of luck we are okay numbers wise

If no-one else comes in, is it finances or football?

“It’s a bit of both, I would count around 27 or 28 players who have indicated they want to be here. That’s a lot of players and I have to take them down to 11 and there will be guys who will still be disappointed not to make the 18. I had a player in Sweden where I had a young player who was in Fourth Division in Sweden and went on to play against Arsenal in Europa League. It’s about development.”
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 14:12]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

No loans coming in? on 13:00 - Aug 31 with 1710 viewsjasper_T

No loans coming in? on 12:53 - Aug 31 by angryjack

What about clubs that have just come up and signed senior pros not kids like us and no parachute payments and no multi million pound assets the y just sold how do they pay next year's wage bill eh

Clubs that have just come up to the Championship are seeing their annual income increase 100%. Of course they've got some millions to spend.
No loans coming in? on 13:00 - Aug 31 with 1710 viewsGeoffThom

No loans coming in? on 12:19 - Aug 31 by angryjack

I disagree with that I thought first time around he was bang average scored around 20 goals granted but 6 or 7 were penalties others against nobody's in preliminary round of the Europa and also he was missing more chances than he was putting away,that season he was having chance after chance put in front of him we had creative players behind him with some the best football seen at this club under laudrup I thought he should got a lot more over rated which Man City soon found out then stoke now us again

Ooh careful I got chastise for having g a go about bony back then, they'll all be on in a minute to tell you he's the best player we've ever had 😁😂😂
No loans coming in? on 13:04 - Aug 31 with 1674 viewsJango

What about clubs that have just come up and signed senior pros not kids like us and no parachute payments and no multi million pound assets the y just sold how do they pay next year's wage bill eh

Ludicrous post. Clubs coming up and are in a much much better position financially than last year. Clubs coming down are in a world of pain financially if not incredibly careful.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 13:05]
No loans coming in? on 13:06 - Aug 31 with 1658 viewsSmellyplumz

No loans coming in? on 11:12 - Aug 31 by Jango

Cut backs have to be made though. The sooner we get back to a level where we are not reliant on parachute payments the better for me. I won’t disagree with anyone who says there have been catastrophic mistakes in recruitment the few seasons but I don’t agree that the yanks are not willing to spend. They invested large sums of the clubs money last season. People moan we still made net profit but then moan at the size of our wage bill, that makes no sense. We’ve spent £4m on one player this summer and our tv revenue for the season is only £6m.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 11:13]

The clubs money not their money and they invested in utter shite which is why we are here today. We would of been better off with out the yanks.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

No loans coming in? on 13:10 - Aug 31 with 1625 viewsSenhin

No loans coming in? on 12:21 - Aug 31 by Loyal

Only scored a winning goal 3 times.

3-3 with Stoke, might as well have not scored the two he did.
2-2 with Arsenal his goal was pointless too.
I suppose the 1-2 win over Newcastle only one of his two goals mattered, because that was the winning one... He didn't need to score the first one. The exact same situation with the FA cup win against Birmingham, would be stupid to think his other goal mattered too.

Same with the other draws where he was the only goal scorer.

Obviously no point in scoring the 3rd against Cardiff, or many other goals, because beating them 1-0 would have been fine.

And might as well have not bothered in all the games where he scored a few but we still didn't win. Didn't win us points so we might as well have not bothered with the game. In future, when there's a loss no one can say anything bad about the performances of the players because if that one player played a bit better it still didn't matter.

What a stupid statistic.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

No loans coming in? on 13:10 - Aug 31 with 1618 viewskarnataka

When we were coming up, we probably had less money than we have now but we had far fewer leeches.
No loans coming in? on 13:14 - Aug 31 with 1578 viewsdobjack2

No loans coming in? on 12:44 - Aug 31 by Jango

And what about money we owe in debt? What about the wages next year when parachute payments reduce? Why do people think we are sitting on a pot of gold because we’ve been in the prem for so long.

If I remember correctly:

Bony; Fer; narsingh; Olsson; routledge; Vdh and grimes are all out of contract at the end of the season.

Leaves the Ayew’s, Carroll, naughton and Dyer as our premier league wage earners.

So wages will reduce next season, substantially so if we can ship the ayew’s and others out.

As for debts - how much are we owed? Selling the ayew debt will not have helped but presumably other clubs owe us money.

Without knowing the actual facts and figures it is difficult to work out exactly where we are financially at the moment and how it will be looking next season.
No loans coming in? on 13:21 - Aug 31 with 1525 viewsJango

No loans coming in? on 13:06 - Aug 31 by Smellyplumz

The clubs money not their money and they invested in utter shite which is why we are here today. We would of been better off with out the yanks.

Yes the clubs money, and yes we are we are because of failed signings. Doesn’t change the situation we are in. I don’t care if it’s the yanks or the Arabs from Dubai in charge, I just don’t want us in administration in 2 years time.
Login to get fewer ads

No loans coming in? on 13:26 - Aug 31 with 1481 viewsJango

No loans coming in? on 13:14 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

If I remember correctly:

Bony; Fer; narsingh; Olsson; routledge; Vdh and grimes are all out of contract at the end of the season.

Leaves the Ayew’s, Carroll, naughton and Dyer as our premier league wage earners.

So wages will reduce next season, substantially so if we can ship the ayew’s and others out.

As for debts - how much are we owed? Selling the ayew debt will not have helped but presumably other clubs owe us money.

Without knowing the actual facts and figures it is difficult to work out exactly where we are financially at the moment and how it will be looking next season.

And if we don’t sign them to new deals we’ll need to buy more players. I agree nobody knows what the actual financial situation is with money owed in and out and egos earning what but you only have to look at Sunderland last year to see how easy it is to go wrong
No loans coming in? on 13:37 - Aug 31 with 1420 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 09:06 - Aug 31 by angryjack

Ye let's sign a centre half and put him in midfield why don't we just go and sign a midfielder that would make sense,perhaps he can go in goal when Erwin gets injured as well

You've played football yeah, Jon?

1 minute 28 to 1 minute 40.

The boys got technique, good balance and composure to play further up the field.

Let me know what you think of that clip, honestly now though.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

No loans coming in? on 13:39 - Aug 31 with 1406 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 09:50 - Aug 31 by JACKMANANDBOY

Why are we scrambling around for solutions?

We're not, we've signed a real gem there if you ask me.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

No loans coming in? on 13:44 - Aug 31 with 1367 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 11:24 - Aug 31 by SWAND

What you’ve said would be relevant if we were a club that hadn’t just spent 7 years in the richest league in the world.

Even the most naive person must be questioning why for example we can’t get players like woods in for 6.5mill which should be penny’s for us after spending so long in the prem.

You’ve referred back to us last time we were in the championship, yes we were skint but things are completely different now.

They’ve pocketed a lot of the money, simple.

They've not.

You don't understand.

Research and come back again with something sensible

No loans coming in? on 13:47 - Aug 31 with 1335 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 12:34 - Aug 31 by Loyal

Your missing one thing.
The club ran matters based on cash in not additional investment when in the Premier league. Now we are in the championship there is only a 50 million defect which they have more than covered.

As I said. Asset strippers. No more apologists.

You have said it a few times yeah, and it's embarrassing because you don't understand things.

No loans coming in? on 13:50 - Aug 31 with 1308 viewsTheResurrection

Like who then Jon and I'll give you a detailed analysis of how, where they've been and why. Because you're probably talking about Wigan and Blackburn who had dropped down into league 1 FFS from the EPL.

They've been in the wilderness for years and are now finally doing what we're doing, rebuilding carefully.

No loans coming in? on 13:50 - Aug 31 with 1312 viewsdobjack2

No loans coming in? on 13:26 - Aug 31 by Jango

And if we don’t sign them to new deals we’ll need to buy more players. I agree nobody knows what the actual financial situation is with money owed in and out and egos earning what but you only have to look at Sunderland last year to see how easy it is to go wrong

Buy, loan or promote youngsters.

This window looks like we will go with what we have, contract negotiations for Fer and VDH especially will give an indication of what is planned for next year.

If talks don’t go well we will be looking to ship them out in January for a fee, they may prefer to run down their contracts.

At the moment so many unknowns
No loans coming in? on 13:52 - Aug 31 with 1296 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 13:00 - Aug 31 by GeoffThom

Ooh careful I got chastise for having g a go about bony back then, they'll all be on in a minute to tell you he's the best player we've ever had 😁😂😂

Bony is the best striker I've ever seen play for the Swans. And that includes Latchford

No loans coming in? on 13:52 - Aug 31 with 1297 viewsN_T_J

If we sign Andy King, does that mean Huw Jenkins has been looking through his scrapbook and its not a Potter signing?
No loans coming in? on 13:54 - Aug 31 with 1275 viewsjackrmee

No loans coming in? on 13:37 - Aug 31 by TheResurrection

The boys got technique, good balance and composure to play further up the field.

Agreed he's got all that, but why on earth would you want to play him out of his best position?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

No loans coming in? on 13:56 - Aug 31 with 1258 viewsshandyjack

No loans coming in? on 13:52 - Aug 31 by N_T_J

If we sign Andy King, does that mean Huw Jenkins has been looking through his scrapbook and its not a Potter signing?

if we sign Andy King, then it means we will have signed a Lower end PL player in the championship, so i'd be very happy with that

Poll: Expectation for the season

No loans coming in? on 13:58 - Aug 31 with 1250 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 13:50 - Aug 31 by TheResurrection

Like who then Jon and I'll give you a detailed analysis of how, where they've been and why. Because you're probably talking about Wigan and Blackburn who had dropped down into league 1 FFS from the EPL.

They've been in the wilderness for years and are now finally doing what we're doing, rebuilding carefully.

I could understand if we kept most players and kept them on premiership wages but we have almost got rid of them all,but still collecting the parachute payments we have a wage bill now which must be one the lowest in the league with all the kids and inexperienced players we have signed plus the transfer fees we have accustomed and parachute payments we are receiving,
No loans coming in? on 13:59 - Aug 31 with 1241 viewsAngelRangelQS

No loans coming in? on 13:54 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Agreed he's got all that, but why on earth would you want to play him out of his best position?

It’s an option though isn’t it.

Would you drop Rodon or VDH for this bloke?
No loans coming in? on 13:59 - Aug 31 with 1239 viewsSenhin

No loans coming in? on 13:54 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Because Joe has been fine and game time would be good for him, whilst Fulton has had his hand injury and Carrol is meh, so I'd prefer him get a few games as a CDM over the next few weeks than as a CB until Fulton and Few are properly fit and we need rotation again. I want us to actually get a midfielder though.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

No loans coming in? on 14:01 - Aug 31 with 1226 viewsN_T_J

No loans coming in? on 13:56 - Aug 31 by shandyjack

if we sign Andy King, then it means we will have signed a Lower end PL player in the championship, so i'd be very happy with that

I am not knocking Andy King, he would be a decent signing.

Where as Potter was finding and signing his own players, it looks like we are still going back for ex players, so id say Huw is looking in his little book of players again.
No loans coming in? on 14:01 - Aug 31 with 1226 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 13:37 - Aug 31 by TheResurrection

Yes played semi pro in past but any clips can make a player look good if you show all best footage I not saying he ain't good but play him where we signed him for and get into the transfer market and sign a midfielder,,square pegs in round holes to save a few quid
No loans coming in? on 14:05 - Aug 31 with 1200 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 13:52 - Aug 31 by TheResurrection

Bony is the best striker I've ever seen play for the Swans. And that includes Latchford

Couldn't lace Alan waddles boots never mind latchford
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024