Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No loans coming in? 14:04 - Aug 30 with 32775 viewsSwansea93

Potters press conference l

I counted today that our squad is about 27 or 28 players so from a numbers perspective I think we are okay. Injuries can affect you at any level and make starting XI different. I don’t see it is as light as you think. We will need a bit of luck we are okay numbers wise

If no-one else comes in, is it finances or football?

“It’s a bit of both, I would count around 27 or 28 players who have indicated they want to be here. That’s a lot of players and I have to take them down to 11 and there will be guys who will still be disappointed not to make the 18. I had a player in Sweden where I had a young player who was in Fourth Division in Sweden and went on to play against Arsenal in Europa League. It’s about development.”
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 14:12]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

No loans coming in? on 14:07 - Aug 31 with 1644 viewsshandyjack

No loans coming in? on 14:01 - Aug 31 by N_T_J

I am not knocking Andy King, he would be a decent signing.

Where as Potter was finding and signing his own players, it looks like we are still going back for ex players, so id say Huw is looking in his little book of players again.

maybe we looked at some of Potter's choices and they either didn't want to come here or were too expensive, so Huw asked Potter if he'd like King added to the squad and he said yes?

Poll: Expectation for the season

No loans coming in? on 14:10 - Aug 31 with 1624 viewsSenhin

No loans coming in? on 14:07 - Aug 31 by shandyjack

maybe we looked at some of Potter's choices and they either didn't want to come here or were too expensive, so Huw asked Potter if he'd like King added to the squad and he said yes?

What have I missed? Are we actually getting him (heavily linked)?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

No loans coming in? on 14:10 - Aug 31 with 1621 viewsJango

No loans coming in? on 13:54 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Agreed he's got all that, but why on earth would you want to play him out of his best position?

It was the Steel City Derby, which in fact cemented the whole squad's togetherness and ability, and Carter-Vickers fits into that. Chris Wilder has created a special and unique dressing room this season at Bramall Lane, and it was crucial that the new recruits - as it was a necessity that players were brought in to push them to the next level - didn't disrupt that. Carter-Vickers played in a sort of defensive midfield role in that match and protected their back-line impressively.
No loans coming in? on 14:10 - Aug 31 with 1618 viewsN_T_J

No loans coming in? on 14:07 - Aug 31 by shandyjack

Happens with every manager here.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 14:11]
No loans coming in? on 14:12 - Aug 31 with 1589 viewsshandyjack

No loans coming in? on 14:10 - Aug 31 by N_T_J

fair point

Poll: Expectation for the season

No loans coming in? on 14:13 - Aug 31 with 1578 viewsJango

No loans coming in? on 14:10 - Aug 31 by N_T_J

King is strongly linked to Millwall as well.
No loans coming in? on 15:04 - Aug 31 with 1386 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 13:54 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Agreed he's got all that, but why on earth would you want to play him out of his best position?

Because he's got the qualities or abilities?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

No loans coming in? on 15:06 - Aug 31 with 1370 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 13:58 - Aug 31 by angryjack

I could understand if we kept most players and kept them on premiership wages but we have almost got rid of them all,but still collecting the parachute payments we have a wage bill now which must be one the lowest in the league with all the kids and inexperienced players we have signed plus the transfer fees we have accustomed and parachute payments we are receiving,

Our wage bill will only be surpassed by Stoke for 100% and maybe West Brom.

We'll be at least the 3rd highest.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

No loans coming in? on 15:08 - Aug 31 with 1363 viewsjackal

No loans coming in? on 10:48 - Aug 31 by Jango

Explain how you would have done things to make it better then?

When we were relegated nearly everyone I spoke to was kind of looking forward to rebuilding and getting back to the ‘Swansea way’. Now people want it all done now. Last time we were in the championship our record signing was £850k and our highest earner was probably on but much more than £10k a week. We’ve just spent £4m on a player and currently still have a number of players on a hell of a lot more than £10k. If the club had moved in Dyer Routledge and Narsingh maybe we’d have seen the 1 or 2 players we need in by now.

If the club had done things they way you lot want, splashed the cash regardless and then we didn’t get promoted we’d be in a far worse position next summer. Potter has said it will take a few Windows, he said it from the very start. I can’t see what everyone’s issue is. Chill out and enjoy the season, it’s been great so far.

I don't think it's been that great. Apart from Leeds we've been lucky.

We've only brought in inexperienced kids who'll be shipped out as soon as they become any good.

Every single player who would have been good in this league has been shipped out to save the Yank from paying them. If you want good players you have to pay them. Such is football.

We've no back up cb's or striker. Bony will be shipped out as soon as he's fit.

I'm all for rebuilding but what use if we finish in League 2 by the time the rebuilding is done?

Every decent player will be sold so how can we rebuid anyway?
No loans coming in? on 15:08 - Aug 31 with 1360 viewsCooperman

No loans coming in? on 13:58 - Aug 31 by angryjack

I could understand if we kept most players and kept them on premiership wages but we have almost got rid of them all,but still collecting the parachute payments we have a wage bill now which must be one the lowest in the league with all the kids and inexperienced players we have signed plus the transfer fees we have accustomed and parachute payments we are receiving,

Our wage bill won’t be one of the lowest. Will almost certainly be in the top 5; Bony sees to that.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

No loans coming in? on 15:12 - Aug 31 with 1339 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 14:01 - Aug 31 by angryjack

Yes played semi pro in past but any clips can make a player look good if you show all best footage I not saying he ain't good but play him where we signed him for and get into the transfer market and sign a midfielder,,square pegs in round holes to save a few quid

But he's a youngster and his best position may still be in midfield. This happens all the time in football. I maybe wrong here after seeing him and I know about not going overboard on video clips, but I'm just going on what I've seen to date. We'll know more as time goes on but it's not inconceivable for Potter to have brought him in with 2 positions in mind.

You must have been a winger, right?

No loans coming in? on 15:12 - Aug 31 with 1339 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 15:08 - Aug 31 by Cooperman

Our wage bill won’t be one of the lowest. Will almost certainly be in the top 5; Bony sees to that.

That's what parachute payments are for
No loans coming in? on 15:12 - Aug 31 with 1338 viewscostalotta

No loans coming in? on 14:05 - Aug 31 by angryjack

Couldn't lace Alan waddles boots never mind latchford

Don't be ridiculous!!! Re Alan Waddle was a level two player at best!

Latch ford. Thats an interesting comparison. Fantastic player for us, but he did come late-ish in his career and football today is a different level to back then. Would the LAtchford of then be so good these days? Or Bony of 3 to 4 years ago tear up the old division 1? Not sure myself.
No loans coming in? on 15:16 - Aug 31 with 1309 viewsCooperman

No loans coming in? on 15:12 - Aug 31 by angryjack

That’s a different point. You said that our wage bill would be one of the lowest whereas I am saying that it will be one of the highest.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

No loans coming in? on 15:21 - Aug 31 with 1276 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 15:08 - Aug 31 by jackal

I don't think it's been that great. Apart from Leeds we've been lucky.

We've only brought in inexperienced kids who'll be shipped out as soon as they become any good.

Every single player who would have been good in this league has been shipped out to save the Yank from paying them. If you want good players you have to pay them. Such is football.

We've no back up cb's or striker. Bony will be shipped out as soon as he's fit.

I'm all for rebuilding but what use if we finish in League 2 by the time the rebuilding is done?

Every decent player will be sold so how can we rebuid anyway?

No, every player that didn't want to be here has been shipped out or tried to be.

No loans coming in? on 15:24 - Aug 31 with 1246 viewsSenhin

No loans coming in? on 15:12 - Aug 31 by TheResurrection

But he's a youngster and his best position may still be in midfield. This happens all the time in football. I maybe wrong here after seeing him and I know about not going overboard on video clips, but I'm just going on what I've seen to date. We'll know more as time goes on but it's not inconceivable for Potter to have brought him in with 2 positions in mind.

You must have been a winger, right?

Michu was a big guy in Spain, so played in a deep role. He started scoring lots when he went more generic central midfield. We moved him to an attacking midfielder and even half used him as a striker. He wasn't even a youngster when those changes happened.

Bony was even a defender when he was a kid.

Don't see why people can't understand a centre back playing a bit of midfield if we need cover.

No loans coming in? on 15:29 - Aug 31 with 1216 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 15:12 - Aug 31 by angryjack

They're to cope with the huge reduction in income. Our squad was assembled to receive EPL money, not Championship money.

It's like someone employing you for 30k a year because they had a contract with a supplier that brought them in 150k a year. If they lost that contract with the supplier they wouldn't be able to afford to keep you or they'd go bust.

If we didn't make these necessary cuts we could quite easily go into administration and collapse as a Club. Don't forget all those teams getting points deductions over the years, it's because they gambled with the future of their club.

That will send them spiraling downwards, and then only will a club recover again when they start doing what we're doing now.

No loans coming in? on 15:33 - Aug 31 with 1189 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 15:12 - Aug 31 by costalotta

Don't be ridiculous!!! Re Alan Waddle was a level two player at best!

Latch ford. Thats an interesting comparison. Fantastic player for us, but he did come late-ish in his career and football today is a different level to back then. Would the LAtchford of then be so good these days? Or Bony of 3 to 4 years ago tear up the old division 1? Not sure myself.

All I'm saying is he overrated big time and nowhere near worth the contract he's on get rid but no stupid tw@ts will take him only us
No loans coming in? on 15:37 - Aug 31 with 1161 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 15:29 - Aug 31 by TheResurrection

They're to cope with the huge reduction in income. Our squad was assembled to receive EPL money, not Championship money.

It's like someone employing you for 30k a year because they had a contract with a supplier that brought them in 150k a year. If they lost that contract with the supplier they wouldn't be able to afford to keep you or they'd go bust.

If we didn't make these necessary cuts we could quite easily go into administration and collapse as a Club. Don't forget all those teams getting points deductions over the years, it's because they gambled with the future of their club.

That will send them spiraling downwards, and then only will a club recover again when they start doing what we're doing now.

Yes but99% them players are gone
No loans coming in? on 15:39 - Aug 31 with 1143 viewsAngelRangelQS

No loans coming in? on 15:29 - Aug 31 by TheResurrection

You’ve also forgotten the transfer embargos the FL seem to like handing out at the moment for not having your house in order. We need to avoid one of those like the plague
No loans coming in? on 15:40 - Aug 31 with 1125 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 15:39 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

You’ve also forgotten the transfer embargos the FL seem to like handing out at the moment for not having your house in order. We need to avoid one of those like the plague

Would make no difference we don't sign any k@nt anyway
No loans coming in? on 15:41 - Aug 31 with 1125 viewsSenhin

No loans coming in? on 15:39 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

They probably want one as it's a better excuse to not sign anyone.

No loans coming in? on 15:42 - Aug 31 with 1107 viewsjasper_T

No loans coming in? on 15:37 - Aug 31 by angryjack

Yes but99% them players are gone

11 of our current players were senior PL squad members with contracts to match.

We're still not fully rid of three more on loan whose wages we're almost-certainly having to contribute to.
No loans coming in? on 15:44 - Aug 31 with 1090 viewsjasper_T

No loans coming in? on 15:40 - Aug 31 by angryjack

Would make no difference we don't sign any k@nt anyway

We've brought in 6 players this summer (4 cash, 1 loan, 1 free).
No loans coming in? on 15:45 - Aug 31 with 1075 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 15:42 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

11 of our current players were senior PL squad members with contracts to match.

We're still not fully rid of three more on loan whose wages we're almost-certainly having to contribute to.

Ye but according to big nose he said relugation clauses were in place or is that another lie by the tw@t...also bad management who made these decisions should be sacked or they should step down
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024