Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFR Fireworks 21:54 - Nov 5 with 9128 viewsnordenblue

Bit of a random one but still got what sounds like a war zone taking place in the sky near me, how in God's name is it still ok for any tom dick and chav to pop into Tesco and buy what's essentially a ridiculously dangerous pre made bomb.

In a day when the countries H&S bonkers it beggars belief these are still on open sale to every chav in the country
NFR Fireworks on 13:44 - Nov 6 with 2064 viewsJames1980

NFR Fireworks on 13:35 - Nov 6 by rochdale_ranger

But it was a joke. I don’t want to live in a country where people can be arrested for a joke. Even if I do disagree with the sentiment or subject matter of the joke.

Not sure many would agree that is was a joke of any description.
If you couldn't be arrested for making a joke, would this lead to people who make racist, sexist, homophobic etc remarks, just saying 'it was only a joke lol'.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

NFR Fireworks on 13:48 - Nov 6 with 2051 viewsjudd

NFR Fireworks on 13:44 - Nov 6 by James1980

If you couldn't be arrested for making a joke, would this lead to people who make racist, sexist, homophobic etc remarks, just saying 'it was only a joke lol'.

"joke definition: 1. something, such as a funny story or trick, that is said or done in order to make people laugh:"

Sadly there were those in attendance who did laugh.

Poll: What is it to be then?

NFR Fireworks on 14:19 - Nov 6 with 2010 viewsrochdale_ranger

NFR Fireworks on 13:44 - Nov 6 by James1980

I’m also of the opinion that those things shouldn’t be punishable by prosecution aswell. Living in a free society should mean the freedom to be offended once in a while.
NFR Fireworks on 14:40 - Nov 6 with 2000 viewsjoecooke

NFR Fireworks on 13:27 - Nov 6 by DevonDale

We don't do health & safety on bonfire night here in Devon either...

Remember going watching that when i lived in Devon way back when,and i played for Ottery St mary for a season or so,lovely place.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

NFR Fireworks on 15:27 - Nov 6 with 1963 viewsnordenblue

NFR Fireworks on 12:44 - Nov 6 by rochdale_ranger

As the you are first person to ever have kids I agree we should all cancel bonfire night so your young uns can get a decent nights kip. Funny to note that I’m the attention seeker when you start a thread on a football forum moaning about fireworks on bonfire night. You crack on and have a chavtastic day cocker.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 13:14]

Who's mentioned cancelling bonfire night,I've already said I went to a fireworks display earlier in the thread,I'd clear the shite from your mouth it's spoiling your vision too.

So starting a thread is attention seeking,that's another belter of yours,be a boring place if nobody ever started a thread,even a simple chap like you can understand that surely.

I've got my laptop out and daily mail in hand whilst cracking on today, got any more advice you little oracle you?
NFR Fireworks on 17:23 - Nov 6 with 1890 viewsDaleiLama

Good job this dog wasn't too scared by fireworks to do the job it was trained to do. Just one example of a working dog.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFR Fireworks on 17:37 - Nov 6 with 1870 viewsjonesy

I'm waiting for the police to arrest the organisers of the Lewes bonfire.
NFR Fireworks on 17:53 - Nov 6 with 1840 viewsJames1980

NFR Fireworks on 17:37 - Nov 6 by jonesy

I'm waiting for the police to arrest the organisers of the Lewes bonfire.

There are 7 Bonfire Societies in Lewes 6 of which had bonfires and firework displays last night

Login to get fewer ads

NFR Fireworks on 17:58 - Nov 6 with 1829 viewsjonesy

NFR Fireworks on 17:53 - Nov 6 by James1980

There are 7 Bonfire Societies in Lewes 6 of which had bonfires and firework displays last night

I'm sure it's not beyond the capability of the police to find the ones burning effigies. Or is it?
NFR Fireworks on 17:58 - Nov 6 with 1829 viewsD_Alien

What's the odd one out called? Bonfire of the vanities?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

NFR Fireworks on 17:59 - Nov 6 with 1828 viewsDaleiLama

Vanity of the bonfires?

NFR Fireworks on 18:02 - Nov 6 with 1821 viewsD_Alien

NFR Fireworks on 17:59 - Nov 6 by DaleiLama

Vanity of the bonfires?

Slordan me

NFR Fireworks on 18:04 - Nov 6 with 1812 viewsDaleiLama

NFR Fireworks on 18:02 - Nov 6 by D_Alien

Slordan me

Quick draw McAlien

NFR Fireworks on 18:06 - Nov 6 with 1806 viewsD_Alien

NFR Fireworks on 18:04 - Nov 6 by DaleiLama

Quick draw McAlien

Only one of us is lama...

Plus, at a bonfire party, you should always back an alien
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 18:08]

NFR Fireworks on 18:25 - Nov 6 with 1763 viewsrochdaleriddler

NFR Fireworks on 10:49 - Nov 6 by jonesy

Interesting that a lot of the people complaining about three weeks of noise own dogs that produce 52 weeks of noise!

What I can’t understand is why someone would put the video of the bonfire on the net. Either stupid or not a very good friend?

I think the Grenfell situation has been milked enough. Many individuals have been killed in fires, and accidents no fault of their own with no media hysteria. They get no help or publicity. On average nearly 5 people are killed each day on the roads. Individual tragedies. No help or support given. The Grenfell fire was an accident. Accidents happen.

THe media always pay more attention to larger scale or unusual events. The Leicester tragedy is a good example, 5 people dying in a crash, happens all the time on the roads.
However Grenfell wasn’t an accident , it started with the choice of cladding already know to burn easily, the fire brigade no longer have the final say about a buildings fire safety ( deregulation). And the cladding wasn’t installed properly which allowed the fire to jump floors so easily. Pretty amazing there seems to be more outrage at the bonfire, than that directed at the government, housing trust and contractors .

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

NFR Fireworks on 18:38 - Nov 6 with 1743 viewsJames1980

NFR Fireworks on 17:58 - Nov 6 by D_Alien

What's the odd one out called? Bonfire of the vanities?

Nevill Juniors they had their display on 20th October.

NFR Fireworks on 18:39 - Nov 6 with 1738 viewsShun

A few opinions I’ve had reading this thread:

Ranger, as ever, you’re a fool, either a classless one or just a brainless one. This time it’s for failing to realise why a military veteran might not enjoy fireworks.

I love Bonfire Night, I think it’s a great British tradition but, from a health perspective, I think fireworks should in the main only be available to people who are putting on organised events for the local community, rather than anyone setting them off in their garden.

The Grenfell ‘joke’ was absolutely vile, but I personally think it’s a shame that you can be arrested for such a thing, if only because the already woefully understaffed police service should be focusing on ‘real’ crimes rather than a warped expression of freedom of speech.
NFR Fireworks on 18:43 - Nov 6 with 1731 viewsJames1980

NFR Fireworks on 17:58 - Nov 6 by jonesy

I'm sure it's not beyond the capability of the police to find the ones burning effigies. Or is it?

I think most of them do a spot of effigy burning.
This was one of the more controversial. Firle is a small village on the outskirts of Lewes
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1466438/Gipsy-bonfire-racial-hatred-case

NFR Fireworks on 19:35 - Nov 6 with 1646 viewsSuddenLad

NFR Fireworks on 10:09 - Nov 6 by rochdale_ranger

It was a joke. Not a tasteful joke, not a well thought out joke, not a funny joke or even a clever joke but a joke none the less. What’s more concerning is the fact that our empty suit of a PM will join in with a twitter mob condemning it and you can be arrested for a joke. Meanwhile while all the attention is on the sick joke the people who ordered the flammable cladding be put up are sitting pretty and aren’t behind bars for manslaughter.

Look at the bigger picture.

It outraged public decency. An offence which carries no limit of sentence. The offenders will be charged and very likely imprisoned. Then we can all laugh at them.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 19:46]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

NFR Fireworks on 20:19 - Nov 6 with 1592 viewsroccydaleian

NFR Fireworks on 18:25 - Nov 6 by rochdaleriddler

THe media always pay more attention to larger scale or unusual events. The Leicester tragedy is a good example, 5 people dying in a crash, happens all the time on the roads.
However Grenfell wasn’t an accident , it started with the choice of cladding already know to burn easily, the fire brigade no longer have the final say about a buildings fire safety ( deregulation). And the cladding wasn’t installed properly which allowed the fire to jump floors so easily. Pretty amazing there seems to be more outrage at the bonfire, than that directed at the government, housing trust and contractors .

You do know it was a Labour government that changed the regulations?
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005/1541/contents/made
NFR Fireworks on 20:33 - Nov 6 with 1570 viewsrochdaleriddler

NFR Fireworks on 20:19 - Nov 6 by roccydaleian

You do know it was a Labour government that changed the regulations?
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005/1541/contents/made

And? No one has suggested a return to the old system in the last 8 years. I wasn’t making a party political point. I remember the fire brigade inspecting the black box one time, and giving the council 24 hours to rectify issues or they were shutting the building . That concentrates minds and resources.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

NFR Fireworks on 20:56 - Nov 6 with 1536 viewsroccydaleian

NFR Fireworks on 20:33 - Nov 6 by rochdaleriddler

And? No one has suggested a return to the old system in the last 8 years. I wasn’t making a party political point. I remember the fire brigade inspecting the black box one time, and giving the council 24 hours to rectify issues or they were shutting the building . That concentrates minds and resources.

Well maybe if they hadn’t changed the regs, the catastrophic things you’ve listed may not have happened?
NFR Fireworks on 21:10 - Nov 6 with 1518 viewsTVOS1907

NFR Fireworks on 20:56 - Nov 6 by roccydaleian

Well maybe if they hadn’t changed the regs, the catastrophic things you’ve listed may not have happened?

It was probably decided by logistics type people...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

NFR Fireworks on 21:18 - Nov 6 with 1503 viewsrobtheb

NFR Fireworks on 13:23 - Nov 6 by electricblue

Every year when it comes to bonfire week we take our dogs on holiday up to scotland to get away from what sounds like ww3 going on..
Where we stay its just outside of town and you can see the fireworks in the distance..

The government will never ban fireworks due to the tax revenue they earn..
The only way around it is stop selling the explosive noise making fireworks and just have colourful displays.....

Don't think ww3 will be that noisy.....the odd bang here and there, then that will be it.
NFR Fireworks on 21:26 - Nov 6 with 1487 viewsrochdaleriddler

NFR Fireworks on 20:56 - Nov 6 by roccydaleian

aye , if big business didn’t have so much power to get their own way and push for less regulation I’m sure a lot of things would be better. The current government hasn’t changed fire regulation back, despite the evidence of recent events.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024