Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard to digest 15:46 - Dec 21 with 7285 viewsRAFC1907

Watching Rochdale at the minute and the feeling around the whole place is possibly darker than when we had Barrow/Eyre/Coleman in charge.

Why's the top goal scorer not playing upfront?

How come when Cannon comes on he's not in centre mid where he dominated so many times last season?

Why did we sign a 38 year old and give a striker a deal who averages 5 goals per season?

Is Magahey sold in January?

What does the future hold for the club with so many staff in and out of jobs lately?

How long are people going to accept the excuses and continue to waste their weekends watching what's been served up before they start the 'HILL OUT' chants?

Poll: Bottomley...

Hard to digest on 15:54 - Dec 21 with 5628 viewsJames1980

Doesn't Hill reckon Cannon could be one of the best wingers in the league?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hard to digest on 16:08 - Dec 21 with 5586 viewsrochdale_ranger

I’m just becoming really apathetic to it all to be honest. Is it now two or three years Hill is into his contract?
Hard to digest on 16:11 - Dec 21 with 5575 viewsMancDale

If you genuinely think this season is worse than under the managers you mention you must have a very short memory. Every single week Barrow was manager we were in the bottom half of league Two. Coleman took us down and turned us into a team of lazy bastards and cheats. Eyre was barely even here.
Hard to digest on 16:17 - Dec 21 with 5543 viewsjudd

Hard to digest on 16:11 - Dec 21 by MancDale

If you genuinely think this season is worse than under the managers you mention you must have a very short memory. Every single week Barrow was manager we were in the bottom half of league Two. Coleman took us down and turned us into a team of lazy bastards and cheats. Eyre was barely even here.

Spot in re: manager, but there are other areas of the club mentioned that are contributing to the uncomfortable feeling

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hard to digest on 16:19 - Dec 21 with 5537 viewsD_Alien

Hard to digest on 15:54 - Dec 21 by James1980

Doesn't Hill reckon Cannon could be one of the best wingers in the league?

One of the best wingbacks

One could almost hear Cannon thinking aloud when he tried to play football instead of hoofing it upfield prior to the Plymouth winner last Saturday...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hard to digest on 16:26 - Dec 21 with 5507 viewsSuddenLad

Hard to digest on 16:11 - Dec 21 by MancDale

In terms of me being a Dale fan, these are the Golden Days, without a shadow of a doubt. The only time I EVER stopped watching Dale, in over 50 years, was because of the crap on offer, when Graham Barrow was manager. Unbelievable dross - and believe me there were some seriously bad days before that. He takes the award for wearing the supporters down to levels previously unknown.

We might not be pulling up trees of late, but no-one should be thinking that this is by any means comparable to years gone by. There is zero possibility of me withdrawing my support for either the current team or manager.

We have much to be positive about.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hard to digest on 16:37 - Dec 21 with 5472 viewsD_Alien

Hard to digest on 16:26 - Dec 21 by SuddenLad

In terms of me being a Dale fan, these are the Golden Days, without a shadow of a doubt. The only time I EVER stopped watching Dale, in over 50 years, was because of the crap on offer, when Graham Barrow was manager. Unbelievable dross - and believe me there were some seriously bad days before that. He takes the award for wearing the supporters down to levels previously unknown.

We might not be pulling up trees of late, but no-one should be thinking that this is by any means comparable to years gone by. There is zero possibility of me withdrawing my support for either the current team or manager.

We have much to be positive about.

I'd agree with much of that

Social media has a lot to answer for in terms of generating antipathy towards our current situation. Every mistake is analysed to death. James1980 had a valid point regarding nowhere near as much celebration of victories as hand-wringing after a defeat, and that general tone can contribute to making things feel much worse than they actually are

For all the hugely annoying aspects of what we're watching now, at least the team are capable of playing a decent standard of football, as opposed to the inability to string more than two passes together for an entire 90 minutes under some previous managers

No doubt, there will be voices saying they're tired of hearing comparisons with previous eras, but that in itself is tiresome when those same voices somehow expect us to be tearing the opposition apart on a regular basis, as if it were no problem and other teams aren't striving to do exactly the same thing to us. L1 is a bloody hard league - and we're in there competing. We probably can do better. And as the light's now faded on the solstice, that's something i'll take into the new year

Hard to digest on 16:37 - Dec 21 with 5465 viewsleedsdale

Login to get fewer ads

Hard to digest on 16:53 - Dec 21 with 5416 viewsEllDale

I think I've remarked on here before that if the team is winning games on the pitch then any other shortcomings are ignored or forgotten about.
A little over two years we were flying having beaten Scunthorpe and Hill was in an ebullient mood at a fans Q & A down at the cricket club.
With the best players from this squad playing together in the right positions there's no reason why we can't have a successful second half of the season.
By successful I mean top half of the table and getting to 50 points by March.
Let's have a little bit of optimism.
The only time that I stopped watching Dale was in the 1980's when the football at times was awful until Bergara took over.
There were shocking times in the 1970's when the ground was a pigsty and the team were a joke.
Things need putting perspective every now and then.
Hard to digest on 16:54 - Dec 21 with 5412 viewsSuddenLad

Hard to digest on 16:37 - Dec 21 by D_Alien

Social media has a lot to answer for in terms of generating antipathy towards our current situation. Every mistake is analysed to death. James1980 had a valid point regarding nowhere near as much celebration of victories as hand-wringing after a defeat, and that general tone can contribute to making things feel much worse than they actually are

For all the hugely annoying aspects of what we're watching now, at least the team are capable of playing a decent standard of football, as opposed to the inability to string more than two passes together for an entire 90 minutes under some previous managers

No doubt, there will be voices saying they're tired of hearing comparisons with previous eras, but that in itself is tiresome when those same voices somehow expect us to be tearing the opposition apart on a regular basis, as if it were no problem and other teams aren't striving to do exactly the same thing to us. L1 is a bloody hard league - and we're in there competing. We probably can do better. And as the light's now faded on the solstice, that's something i'll take into the new year

Very well put. I guess we can tell the same tales in terms of the quality (or general lack of it) on offer since the 1960's.

The last 10 years have been footballing heaven compared to those previous years.

Hard to digest on 16:58 - Dec 21 with 5404 viewsDaleiLama

FWIW, there are no harsher critics than a team's own fans. I go on a Dolphins message board occasionally and the number of posts after a loss is double those after a win. Fans know all their own teams weaknesses but spend little time objectively reflecting on their opponents strengths and accept that opponents can also (in the most part) have just as many weaknesses as we do. Anyone would think pleasure could be derived from moaning?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hard to digest on 16:58 - Dec 21 with 5402 viewsDaleiLama

Hard to digest on 16:37 - Dec 21 by leedsdale

Is this why he didn't feature last weekend?

Hard to digest on 17:00 - Dec 21 with 5390 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hard to digest on 16:58 - Dec 21 by DaleiLama

Is this why he didn't feature last weekend?

When if he did, we might just not have lost in clown circumstances?
Hard to digest on 17:40 - Dec 21 with 5259 viewsJimmyRustler

I don't know a single fan who expects us to be tearing teams apart or even to be doing much better than we are now to be honest. The frustration is borne out of the same mistakes made week in week out for the best part of 18 months and no evidence of anything being done to rectify the situation
[Post edited 21 Dec 2018 17:42]
Hard to digest on 18:03 - Dec 21 with 5200 viewsD_Alien

Hard to digest on 17:40 - Dec 21 by JimmyRustler

I don't know a single fan who expects us to be tearing teams apart or even to be doing much better than we are now to be honest. The frustration is borne out of the same mistakes made week in week out for the best part of 18 months and no evidence of anything being done to rectify the situation
[Post edited 21 Dec 2018 17:42]

I'll point them out to you after our next home game - and i referred to annoyances in my post

Tch...

Hard to digest on 18:14 - Dec 21 with 5168 viewskiwidale

Hard to digest on 16:53 - Dec 21 by EllDale

I think I've remarked on here before that if the team is winning games on the pitch then any other shortcomings are ignored or forgotten about.
A little over two years we were flying having beaten Scunthorpe and Hill was in an ebullient mood at a fans Q & A down at the cricket club.
With the best players from this squad playing together in the right positions there's no reason why we can't have a successful second half of the season.
By successful I mean top half of the table and getting to 50 points by March.
Let's have a little bit of optimism.
The only time that I stopped watching Dale was in the 1980's when the football at times was awful until Bergara took over.
There were shocking times in the 1970's when the ground was a pigsty and the team were a joke.
Things need putting perspective every now and then.

Those of us that were there in the 70's will agree with you however for some on here their parents weren't even born then, yes the last 10 years have been golden years including the relegation season however for a golden age the last 18 months have been turgid. So I've been told.

This is not the time for bickering.

Hard to digest on 19:29 - Dec 21 with 5021 viewselectricblue

Hard to digest on 16:37 - Dec 21 by leedsdale

Thought scunny where struggling financially....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hard to digest on 20:21 - Dec 21 with 4916 viewsDerekHall5

Hill is taking us back to the dark days of all mentioned managers. I don't think we are at the stage of Barrow yet but we do seem to be sleep walking back to those days. Yes Hill has done a good job in the past for us but the last 2 seasons have been dreadful.
Those saying we have the quality in the squad to have a decent second half of the season if Hill plays his best players in the correct positions. He hasn't all season so why would he start now?
Enough is enough and it's time for a change!
[Post edited 21 Dec 2018 20:32]
Hard to digest on 20:24 - Dec 21 with 4902 viewsnordenblue

Hard to digest on 16:54 - Dec 21 by SuddenLad

Very well put. I guess we can tell the same tales in terms of the quality (or general lack of it) on offer since the 1960's.

The last 10 years have been footballing heaven compared to those previous years.

I think in general the standard of football is far far superior and it's pretty rare you see a genuinely piss poor side though, I just think folk are currently bored senseless watching a manager playing his own version of starting 11 bingo just to prove a point most of the time,normally to the detriment of the team and spoiling any chance of a positive result. Im struggling to think of a time for me personally I've been less interested in the last 25 years.
Hard to digest on 21:11 - Dec 21 with 4808 viewsSuddenLad

Hard to digest on 20:24 - Dec 21 by nordenblue

I think in general the standard of football is far far superior and it's pretty rare you see a genuinely piss poor side though, I just think folk are currently bored senseless watching a manager playing his own version of starting 11 bingo just to prove a point most of the time,normally to the detriment of the team and spoiling any chance of a positive result. Im struggling to think of a time for me personally I've been less interested in the last 25 years.

What do you mean by 'trying to prove a point' ? Has KH let it be known what this 'point' is, or is it speculation ?

Hard to digest on 21:16 - Dec 21 with 4803 viewsrochdaleriddler

Why would a current fan under 30 give two hoots about how bad it was in the 70’s and 80’s, they just know that what is being offered now is utter tripe compared with 2/3 years ago. The atmosphere is as flat as a witches tit, and each game gets more joyless as the season goes on. Dire times, that is what is boring

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hard to digest on 21:39 - Dec 21 with 4765 viewsDaleiLama

Hard to digest on 21:16 - Dec 21 by rochdaleriddler

Why would a current fan under 30 give two hoots about how bad it was in the 70’s and 80’s, they just know that what is being offered now is utter tripe compared with 2/3 years ago. The atmosphere is as flat as a witches tit, and each game gets more joyless as the season goes on. Dire times, that is what is boring

It has to be said, yet another square pass and waiting for the mistake to happen can get a little trying on the patience. It's not like this squad don't know how to play attacking football. They seem to have been ordered to play safe and that style doesn't suit us and isn't safe. Oh well …….. up the Dale.

Hard to digest on 21:44 - Dec 21 with 4754 viewsJames1980

Who here watches youth games? How does the team setup and what do the tactics appear to be?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hard to digest on 21:45 - Dec 21 with 4754 viewsSuddenLad

Hard to digest on 21:16 - Dec 21 by rochdaleriddler

Why would a recently recruited fan give a toss what was being served up 2/3 seasons ago ?

Hard to digest on 22:08 - Dec 21 with 4705 viewsnordenblue

Hard to digest on 21:11 - Dec 21 by SuddenLad

What do you mean by 'trying to prove a point' ? Has KH let it be known what this 'point' is, or is it speculation ?

He's a control freak and let's his own ego rule any managerial skills he has shown previously to possess, the freezing out of in form players like Cannon and not playing a £3m striker because he "doesn't defend", similar could be aimed at the laughable scenario around his choice of keeper,when he doesn't base any of his starting criteria on who can actually keep the ball out of our own sodding net,but rather who can hit an inch perfect pass to a forward on the off chance we dare move into the oppositions half, whilst at the same time playing our best(only) goal scoring forward in midfield/full back.

His man management skills have gone out of the window too and for me you previously saw players who would run through a brick wall for him,no longer feel anywhere near the same kind of allegiance to his ridiculous ways.

Similarities to the recent goings on at Old Trafford are alarming, will the end result be the same.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024