Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burton match thread 14:04 - Jan 5 with 23082 viewsleedsdale

No Calvin.....
Burton match thread on 18:21 - Jan 5 with 2461 viewsMoonyDale

Burton match thread on 18:15 - Jan 5 by davidab2202

Not defending Hill but from the way the thread appears to be going ,it is fine to "eff and jeff" at him and the players,but the moment anything is offered back then that is wrong.
The excuse that we as paying customers are allowed to act in such a way doesn't wash with me.I am sure he is aware of the pressure he is at the moment under and finally I do feel that a change of Manager would be no bad thing but let it be done with dignity

The thing is we are not paid by the club and if what has been alleged did happen then it is bringing the club into disrepute. I do agree that it must be hard not to react if people are giving you grief and I myself would not be able to hold by tongue. but I am not a club employee and I don't have the responsibilities that go along with that...
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 18:22]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Burton match thread on 18:28 - Jan 5 with 2349 viewsdavidab2202

Burton match thread on 18:21 - Jan 5 by MoonyDale

The thing is we are not paid by the club and if what has been alleged did happen then it is bringing the club into disrepute. I do agree that it must be hard not to react if people are giving you grief and I myself would not be able to hold by tongue. but I am not a club employee and I don't have the responsibilities that go along with that...

Possibly you are quite correct in what you say,but I'm with you that perhaps my thinking is coloured as to how I would react in the heat of the moment were I to be in Hill's shoes.
Anyone knowing me would I hope describe me as mild mannered and inoffensive but still feel that even at my advancing age would find it hard not to react
Burton match thread on 18:31 - Jan 5 with 2309 viewsKnowlesy

Burton match thread on 17:47 - Jan 5 by boromat

All seemed like a big misunderstanding to me. Hill was trying to get the crowd to join him in clapping the players to give them some support. Some of the crowd saw that as him having a sarcastic go at them for booing. Then some choice words were thrown at Hill and he replied accordingly before going back to clapping the lads off.

The whole thing was a bit bizarre to be honest.

But if he was clapping the players, why? They were shite. All of them.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 18:32]
Burton match thread on 18:43 - Jan 5 with 2199 viewsfrenzied

I’m no tactical expert at all.

Today we seemed to have no game plan ,the back 4 were all over the place at times esp when Burton forwards ran at them with the ball.no challenge..Gregory’s girl type defending..

Hendo had no service at all..I thought Rathbone was our best player.

There’s no lack of endeavour or effort but no leadership on the pitch,no confidence,we look sadly relegation fodder at present.

Just hope as always there’s 4 teams worse than us at end of game 46.

When we start booing the lads as they come onto the pitch then I will know we’ve had it!!!
Burton match thread on 18:46 - Jan 5 with 2183 viewsfitzochris

Burton match thread on 18:43 - Jan 5 by frenzied

I’m no tactical expert at all.

Today we seemed to have no game plan ,the back 4 were all over the place at times esp when Burton forwards ran at them with the ball.no challenge..Gregory’s girl type defending..

Hendo had no service at all..I thought Rathbone was our best player.

There’s no lack of endeavour or effort but no leadership on the pitch,no confidence,we look sadly relegation fodder at present.

Just hope as always there’s 4 teams worse than us at end of game 46.

When we start booing the lads as they come onto the pitch then I will know we’ve had it!!!

You’ve kind of nailed all the failings there. No organisation, no motivation and no leadership. That is very, very concerning.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Burton match thread on 18:47 - Jan 5 with 2173 viewsjonahwhereru

Burton match thread on 18:31 - Jan 5 by Knowlesy

But if he was clapping the players, why? They were shite. All of them.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 18:32]

After Coldale’s eloquent and impassioned OP “In Defense Of Keith Hill” this is a real kick to the guts.

At 2 - 0 I was resigned to us losing but thought a decent performance in the 2nd half could provide a shaky foundation to build on. Was saddened by the why the match finished. I’m a grown man I can take relegate if needed, but please if it’s going to happen let’s do it with dignity and passion playing for and supporting the team. This seems like the reverse of last year and a slide into farce.

How many sports psychologists are there in the Rochdale phone book, not enough to help here I guess.

Keith has worked wonders so many times, but turning this around would be miraculous. Good luck Keith and don’t forget all I seek is pride and passion. It doesn’t need to be a coaching master class.
Burton match thread on 18:57 - Jan 5 with 2100 viewsNinco

Burton match thread on 17:37 - Jan 5 by dawlishdale

That wasn't my take on how it happened.

If others saw what I did, then Hill could be in trouble with the club.

As the half time whistle went, he clapped the players enthusiastically, whilst there were a few boo's and one or two choice comments which were aimed at Hill rather than the players.

Hill then turned round and appeared to swear at the fans in the Main Stand as he went towards the tunnel. Several people near to me confirmed that he was "effing and blinding" in our direction, although I couldn't hear what was said, he was behaving very aggressively.
If others nearby saw or heard this, complaints should be made to the CEO, because it's bad enough having to pay to watch that tripe, let alone being sworn at by the Manager.

Shortly after Hill swore at the fan, extra stewards were brought to the tunnel. One of them pointed out the fan to other stewards. I think the club were planning on removing the fan at that point, then made a decision to watch him for the second half by putting several stewards in front of that section of the stand.

I don't recall the fan swearing at Hill. I think he just said, "time to go Hill", and Hill responded with "F off". Hill's outburst was in front of children.

Interesting that the club feel that the fan is the one in the wrong here. Don't they feel that what Hill did could have led to incitement?
Burton match thread on 19:14 - Jan 5 with 1996 viewsdawlishdale

Burton match thread on 18:57 - Jan 5 by Ninco

Shortly after Hill swore at the fan, extra stewards were brought to the tunnel. One of them pointed out the fan to other stewards. I think the club were planning on removing the fan at that point, then made a decision to watch him for the second half by putting several stewards in front of that section of the stand.

I don't recall the fan swearing at Hill. I think he just said, "time to go Hill", and Hill responded with "F off". Hill's outburst was in front of children.

Interesting that the club feel that the fan is the one in the wrong here. Don't they feel that what Hill did could have led to incitement?

Without hearing exactly what Hill said, this is pretty much as I saw things.He became animated and shouted something and by his body language, I don't imagine he was saying anything pleasant.

Surely, the club can take action, not against the fan, but against Hill for swearing at supporters, in front of children?
I'm not an employment law expert, but I would imagine this constitutes gross misconduct on Hills part.

If the club decides not to listen to supporters concerns over this, and worse still actually takes Hills side, then they are amateurish at best.
Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill has become Theresa May !! on 19:16 - Jan 5 with 1971 viewsBrookers81

Keith Hill has become Theresa May !! He will not leave and clings on as much as he can, no matter how many people are upset with him. This is not an admiral quality but a delusional one. Look, here is the undeniable....

1] He has a poor relationship with fans, not keeping us informed, today he had to end speculation about a number of players, first time I can remember him doing that.
2] All transfers Hill approves and chooses, in and out.
3] He has a bigger budget than ever before.
4] Formation and tactics are all his doing. As is the poor quality of football right now.
5] Training is his responsibility to organise and implement his strategy.
6] The way he conducts himself, today in particular is his responsibility.
7] Players attitudes and relationships can be 'managed' the right way, if needed.
8] Playing players out of position all the time.
9] Switching keepers every other game, undermining their confidence.
10] No clarity on if he gets a percentage of a transfer sale and if he does, how can we build a team when he is incentivised to sell, pure conflict of interest.

All of these things are part of the reason we are where we are and I have not heard Hill take responsibility for any of it.
There are just too many reasons why this is not working now, time for change.
Attitude of a poor mans Mourinho, but without the trophies.
He is now past his best here and needs to be removed.
Be brave, let's get Gary Bowyer in ASAP

Poll: Which position do we need to sign a new player in first ?

Burton match thread on 19:18 - Jan 5 with 1942 viewsLakesideBlue

Hill should be disciplined by the club end of, he acted in totally an unprofessional manner and should know better, what’s his next move, throwing flares at the fans that have an opinion that he doesn’t like???
Burton match thread on 19:34 - Jan 5 with 1830 viewssweetcorn

Burton match thread on 17:52 - Jan 5 by MoonyDale

One thing is for sure, this is not a managed relegation to league 2, this is a get us the fook out of this division because I can't fkin cut it anymore......Those players are not playing for Hill, they have downed tools...

Hill is obviously massively to blame for how we are playing, but why do people keep giving the players the benefit of the doubt?

There are players who are seriously letting this club down like camps and rafferty who are playing horrific and i honestly dont think its down to the manager.

My opinion is this, we’re going to go down regardless of who’s in charge as the players arent good enough..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Burton match thread on 19:35 - Jan 5 with 1829 views100569

Can anybody say whether our new chairman was at the game today or not ?
Burton match thread on 19:37 - Jan 5 with 1794 viewsMoonyDale

Burton match thread on 19:34 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

Hill is obviously massively to blame for how we are playing, but why do people keep giving the players the benefit of the doubt?

There are players who are seriously letting this club down like camps and rafferty who are playing horrific and i honestly dont think its down to the manager.

My opinion is this, we’re going to go down regardless of who’s in charge as the players arent good enough..

I agree about the players, as I said they look to have downed tools and are certainly not playing for Hill.

Burton match thread on 19:37 - Jan 5 with 1794 viewsjudd

Burton match thread on 19:35 - Jan 5 by 100569

Can anybody say whether our new chairman was at the game today or not ?

He was.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Burton match thread on 19:39 - Jan 5 with 1768 viewssweetcorn

Burton match thread on 18:21 - Jan 5 by MoonyDale

You do realise it’s now a criminal offence to verbally abuse a manager or player..

You don’t need another stick to beat hill with, he already has enough, so please stop trying to use this.

Burton match thread on 19:42 - Jan 5 with 1739 viewssweetcorn

Burton match thread on 19:37 - Jan 5 by MoonyDale

I agree about the players, as I said they look to have downed tools and are certainly not playing for Hill.

They’ve been shite even when they have their tools in their fooking hands.

The 2 ive mentioned performances have been terrible for 2 years

Burton match thread on 19:44 - Jan 5 with 1711 viewsNinco

Burton match thread on 19:34 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

I used to support players who had a bad game by saying that nobody intentionally plays bad and they gave it their best shot but just weren't good enough, but after the last 3 games, I am beginning to wonder if they are intentionally playing bad in the hope that it will lead to a change of manager. How many times today did we see them win possession, then just kick it straight at a defender rather than make the effort to go round them and shoot?

If they are playing badly on purpose, they need to be mindful that they are not just affecting the manager. Fans have paid good money to watch them and if we boo you, it's because we know that you are capable of better and you aren't giving it.
Burton match thread on 19:47 - Jan 5 with 1687 viewsMoonyDale

Burton match thread on 19:42 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

They’ve been shite even when they have their tools in their fooking hands.

The 2 ive mentioned performances have been terrible for 2 years

As have Hills to be fair....

Burton match thread on 19:49 - Jan 5 with 1656 viewskiwidale

Burton match thread on 19:39 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

You do realise it’s now a criminal offence to verbally abuse a manager or player..

You don’t need another stick to beat hill with, he already has enough, so please stop trying to use this.

Good grief are you seriously saying abuse of a player will get you arrested.

This is not the time for bickering.

Burton match thread on 19:51 - Jan 5 with 1634 viewsArthurDaley

Don't know if this has been mentioned on any other post, but isn't board member Bill Goodwin a solicitor/lawyer. He should be going through Hills contract with a fine tooth comb. Surely a good solicitor/lawyer can find a get out clause .

A large VAT Dave

Burton match thread on 19:58 - Jan 5 with 1584 viewsMoonyDale

Burton match thread on 19:39 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

I'm not trying to use this as you call it, it was in response to another poster saying that it was not employment law for reason for termination by gross misconduct...It actually is reason in UK employment law, you really should read all the thread before jumping in, just makes you look a bit of a tool..

Burton match thread on 19:58 - Jan 5 with 1584 viewsTVOS1907

Burton match thread on 19:51 - Jan 5 by ArthurDaley

Don't know if this has been mentioned on any other post, but isn't board member Bill Goodwin a solicitor/lawyer. He should be going through Hills contract with a fine tooth comb. Surely a good solicitor/lawyer can find a get out clause .

He left the board last month.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Burton match thread on 19:58 - Jan 5 with 1580 viewsjudd

Burton match thread on 19:51 - Jan 5 by ArthurDaley

He resigned

Poll: What is it to be then?

Burton match thread on 20:03 - Jan 5 with 1543 viewsArthurDaley

Burton match thread on 19:58 - Jan 5 by TVOS1907

He left the board last month.

Oh.

A large VAT Dave

Burton match thread on 20:09 - Jan 5 with 1506 viewssweetcorn

Burton match thread on 19:49 - Jan 5 by kiwidale

Good grief are you seriously saying abuse of a player will get you arrested.

If its reported by the player and you’re caught,yes.

I dont know about arrested, but i’d imagine fined and banned

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024