Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan James - Is he off ? 08:58 - Jan 30 with 69837 viewsSWANSEYE

ON TWITTER THIS MORNING......IS THE DEAL GOING DOWN OR IS IT STILL A LOAD OF B******S !!!

J.J
@jjbtdc247
· 10h
Replying to @PhilHayYEP and 2 others
Close to an agreement or nowhere near?
Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
it’s like this. Club have been confident but even forgetting them, I spoke to someone close to James yesterday who said it will “100% get done” (his words not mine, just so we’re clear). It’s been hanging that way since last week. Question now is whether it’ll actually go through

Dan James - Is he off ? on 09:04 - Jan 30 with 16669 viewsWingstandwood

With Bony off (and others?) the chances of a transfer lessen imo. The club will be less desperate to sell after offloading Bony along with his mega wages.

I do however wonder if Bony will get through a medical?

Argus!

Dan James - Is he off ? on 09:37 - Jan 30 with 16550 viewsjackrmee

Dan James - Is he off ? on 09:04 - Jan 30 by Wingstandwood

With Bony off (and others?) the chances of a transfer lessen imo. The club will be less desperate to sell after offloading Bony along with his mega wages.

Plus, with Bony gone we only have 2 proper strikers in Oli and CBR. Dan is one of the only other players we have that can play up front and has shown some promise there. McKay too, to a lesser extent, but I think it's essential to keep Dan now.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Dan James - Is he off ? on 10:50 - Jan 30 with 16363 viewsjack247

Dan James - Is he off ? on 09:04 - Jan 30 by Wingstandwood

I’m really hoping that’s the way it pans out. If we can get Bony off the books and then turn down a big bid for James, I’d be a lot more optimistic for the future.

Honestly don’t think he’d have played last night if a deal was close.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 10:52 - Jan 30 with 16340 viewsbuilthjack

Dan James - Is he off ? on 10:50 - Jan 30 by jack247

I’m really hoping that’s the way it pans out. If we can get Bony off the books and then turn down a big bid for James, I’d be a lot more optimistic for the future.

Honestly don’t think he’d have played last night if a deal was close.

The way he played last night should have put his value up a few million.
Better to wait and get big money for him a year down the line.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Dan James - Is he off ? on 11:17 - Jan 30 with 16261 viewswaynekerr55

May well be poppy cock but I was told the club are refusing to give him a new deal to force him out. I'm not sure I believe that

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Dan James - Is he off ? on 11:22 - Jan 30 with 16220 viewsOldjack

Dan James - Is he off ? on 10:52 - Jan 30 by builthjack

The way he played last night should have put his value up a few million.
Better to wait and get big money for him a year down the line.

Or better still ,how's about we keep our little gems to move us upwards to the next level, or is that asking too much?

If he gets sold in the very near future then it will be for pure greed by our owners , there is no other reason

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Dan James - Is he off ? on 11:25 - Jan 30 with 16203 viewsjack247

Dan James - Is he off ? on 11:17 - Jan 30 by waynekerr55

May well be poppy cock but I was told the club are refusing to give him a new deal to force him out. I'm not sure I believe that

I can’t see that, it’s a hell of a risk to let him walk at the end of next season.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 11:35 - Jan 30 with 16150 viewsFerryjack123

It might just have been my take on it and completely wrong but did anyone else think his celebration of his goal with nearly every player and subs in a big huddle had a bit of a farewell look about it?
Login to get fewer ads

Dan James - Is he off ? on 11:54 - Jan 30 with 16082 viewsjasper_T

Potter said yesterday that there's no offer on the table ("not as far as I'm aware, no") and DJ's clearly fully committed to the club.

DJ liked a tweet from McBurnie saying "he's going nowhere" on Sunday evening. They only made a significant bid on Monday supposedly (which Potter still hasn't been told about, I guess). They were walking away yesterday lunchtime according to their rags.

As a great, long-running saga it seems to exist mostly in the heads of journalists and conspiracy theorists. He's got 18 months on his deal. "It takes a lot of money to take him away from us" says Potter.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:08 - Jan 30 with 16007 viewslifelong

He is getting better with each appearance he makes, it will be very disappointing if he is sold in this window.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:11 - Jan 30 with 15989 viewsHeadmaster

Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:08 - Jan 30 by lifelong

He is getting better with each appearance he makes, it will be very disappointing if he is sold in this window.

"Very disappointing" is a massive understatement, I'd be absolutely seething personally. Especially if he and Montero both go on the same day leaving us with no replacements. We all saw how influential both can be last night.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:20 - Jan 30 with 15928 viewsmonmouth

Dan James - Is he off ? on 11:54 - Jan 30 by jasper_T

Potter said yesterday that there's no offer on the table ("not as far as I'm aware, no") and DJ's clearly fully committed to the club.

DJ liked a tweet from McBurnie saying "he's going nowhere" on Sunday evening. They only made a significant bid on Monday supposedly (which Potter still hasn't been told about, I guess). They were walking away yesterday lunchtime according to their rags.

As a great, long-running saga it seems to exist mostly in the heads of journalists and conspiracy theorists. He's got 18 months on his deal. "It takes a lot of money to take him away from us" says Potter.

I’m sure if it’s down to him he’ll go (a chance of getting into the PL which might not happen if they confirm promotion in the summer. Yes he’s nowhere near ready for that, but players never recognise their limitations. So I reckon it comes down to Leeds making an offer that our owners want to accept. It could go either way. I’m still hoping, if not hopeful he’ll stay, but if he keeps progressing he’ll almost certainly be gone Soon enough anyway now he has been ‘noticed’. Like any job really. When the headhunters call, feet get itchy even if the first deal doesn’t come off.

Unless of course the owners want to price him out of any move with a new contract. That would be my advice. Sit down with Potter and decide who they want at the core of this rebuild. If DJ is one, back it with the deal. If not, ok take the cash and use it to keep people you think are core.

All of this assumes we are not still in ‘all incoming cash must pay down debt and wages’ mode, and are looking upwards too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:35 - Jan 30 with 15834 viewsWarwickHunt

Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:11 - Jan 30 by Headmaster

"Very disappointing" is a massive understatement, I'd be absolutely seething personally. Especially if he and Montero both go on the same day leaving us with no replacements. We all saw how influential both can be last night.

But we've got Routs, Dyer, Narsingh and Asoro - ah yes, I see now...
Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:46 - Jan 30 with 15760 viewsdcd14

Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:35 - Jan 30 by WarwickHunt

But we've got Routs, Dyer, Narsingh and Asoro - ah yes, I see now...

They can bring Asoro back out of the U23s set up and call him a now signing (like Dyer on his loan return).
Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:48 - Jan 30 with 15740 viewsGaz_M

Spoken to Dan. Not leaving.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:53 - Jan 30 with 15709 viewsdcd14

Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:48 - Jan 30 by Gaz_M

5/4 on Skybet. Fill your boots!
Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:53 - Jan 30 with 15702 views34dfgdf54

How’s that? Do you know him personally?

I remember ash told some guy on here that he was staying just before he signed for Everton mind. Hoping it’s true though, the boy could be different level in a few years.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:55 - Jan 30 with 15681 viewsHeadmaster

Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:53 - Jan 30 by 34dfgdf54

I remember ash told some guy on here that he was staying just before he signed for Everton mind. Hoping it’s true though, the boy could be different level in a few years.

I remember that. It doesn't matter what players say. We'll know soon enough.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:56 - Jan 30 with 15670 viewswaynekerr55

Dan James - Is he off ? on 11:25 - Jan 30 by jack247

I can’t see that, it’s a hell of a risk to let him walk at the end of next season.

I agree. Hope it's poppycock!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Dan James - Is he off ? on 13:10 - Jan 30 with 15570 viewsBadlands

Dan James - Is he off ? on 12:53 - Jan 30 by 34dfgdf54

Players are coached to say what fans want to hear just get them off their back.
Can you imagine the carnage, in this situation, if a player was asked if he was leaving and didn't say he was staying!!!
[Post edited 30 Jan 2019 13:20]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dan James - Is he off ? on 13:16 - Jan 30 with 15533 viewsmonmouth

Dan James - Is he off ? on 13:10 - Jan 30 by Badlands

Can you imagine the carnage, in this situation, if a player was asked if he was leaving and didn't say he was staying!!!

I know. Laughable.

Are you leaving Dan? “Yeah, can’t wAit to f*ck off and earn some real dough at a bigger club that’s probably going to get promoted nearer home........er...I mean no, of course not”

It’s all going to come down to money on this one. It always does.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dan James - Is he off ? on 13:18 - Jan 30 with 15502 viewsScottishEddie

Dan James - Is he off ? on 13:10 - Jan 30 by Badlands

The meltdown in this thread!

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Dan James - Is he off ? on 13:39 - Jan 30 with 15393 viewsunion_jack

He’s off then!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Dan James - Is he off ? on 13:42 - Jan 30 with 15359 viewsLeonWasGod

Dan James - Is he off ? on 11:22 - Jan 30 by Oldjack

Or better still ,how's about we keep our little gems to move us upwards to the next level, or is that asking too much?

If he gets sold in the very near future then it will be for pure greed by our owners , there is no other reason

This with bells on. He's only broken into the team this season ffs. And looks like one of the few who can make a difference at the business end.

If they're serious about letting Potter rebuild a team they need to let Potter rebuild a team. I'd rather Montero goes, but obviously it'd be better if we kep t him too.

If they want a quick, emerging youngster sell them Asoro .
Dan James - Is he off ? on 13:54 - Jan 30 with 15291 viewsWarwickHunt

Dan James - Is he off ? on 13:39 - Jan 30 by union_jack

He’s off then!

I'm waiting for Daps to give the definitive answer...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024