Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Fred 14:16 - Mar 2 with 19368 viewsSandyman

[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 14:16]
Match Fred on 19:16 - Mar 2 with 2787 viewsfinberty

In defence of Keith.
Yes I’m going to be shot down here but I don’t get too concerned about that.

This week the doom-mongers predicted a range of scores by which we were going to be dicked. We lost 2-0 to the league leaders, playing with ten men and their second came at the death. I am as disappointed as anyone with another defeat, but Keith must have worked wonders to get that appalling back line of ours to restrict them to two. Yes I agree it’s Keith’s own backline, but we are where we are and can either fight or give in. Was it Keith’s fault that EEL missed the game, or that McLaughlin runs out of steam?

In what world do we suddenly believe that Dale has money to splash on signings that may or may not work out? We have to get people like Bunney on loan because he’s available and Dale have needs to fill. Please don’t mention the near-mythical ‘Hogan Money’. That money must have been spent so many times as to rival a Gordon Brown budget statement.

I’ll settle for a couple of spawny one-nils off the back of Calvin’s dome if it gets a result.

I do not see a queue of people wanting to replace Keith in any case. The man has his faults, but he has twice done the impossible here. If one thing has changed, I think it’s that he got older. I recall the earlier days when he seemed to be the senior pro amongst the players. Now he’s managing people far younger (in some cases) than his own kids. He cannot lose his experience. He is however stuck with the disastrous recruitment decisions. None of these are over-long, Henderson aside. If he can drag some performances in these closing weeks, he may yet rise to prove people wrong.

I’ll give up when the sums no longer add up.
Match Fred on 19:28 - Mar 2 with 2707 viewsMoonyDale

Match Fred on 19:16 - Mar 2 by finberty

In defence of Keith.

This week the doom-mongers predicted a range of scores by which we were going to be dicked. We lost 2-0 to the league leaders, playing with ten men and their second came at the death. I am as disappointed as anyone with another defeat, but Keith must have worked wonders to get that appalling back line of ours to restrict them to two. Yes I agree it’s Keith’s own backline, but we are where we are and can either fight or give in. Was it Keith’s fault that EEL missed the game, or that McLaughlin runs out of steam?

In what world do we suddenly believe that Dale has money to splash on signings that may or may not work out? We have to get people like Bunney on loan because he’s available and Dale have needs to fill. Please don’t mention the near-mythical ‘Hogan Money’. That money must have been spent so many times as to rival a Gordon Brown budget statement.

I’ll settle for a couple of spawny one-nils off the back of Calvin’s dome if it gets a result.

I do not see a queue of people wanting to replace Keith in any case. The man has his faults, but he has twice done the impossible here. If one thing has changed, I think it’s that he got older. I recall the earlier days when he seemed to be the senior pro amongst the players. Now he’s managing people far younger (in some cases) than his own kids. He cannot lose his experience. He is however stuck with the disastrous recruitment decisions. None of these are over-long, Henderson aside. If he can drag some performances in these closing weeks, he may yet rise to prove people wrong.

Disastrous recruitment decisions made by whom? He deserves all the flack he is getting, it's his sh1t show and if he gets us out of this I will eat every bit of humble pie laid before me......I expect to go hungry though...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match Fred on 19:30 - Mar 2 with 2694 viewsD_Dale

Match Fred on 17:58 - Mar 2 by Danny1907

I apologise if I annoy anyone or seem to be repeating what so many are saying. There was a time when I looked forward to Saturday afternoons whereas now it’s a chore! I love this club like everybody else on this board and I understand people have different opinions but this man is ruining our football club.

We have no style of play, we have players in the squad and out, players who start having not been in the squad for a few games, there’s no consistency. In the battle last year you knew who was going to play, you knew what they were going to offer. Cannon and Kitching’s grit, Davies off the bench, yes he’s fat but he scores. There’s no fight, our form is awful, our home form, Hill turning on the fans.

On Hill, he may be the best manager we’ve ever had but look at Mourinho, he WAS a good manager - you get away with your personality traits if you’re getting results but when you don’t, the arrogance and ego of the man is even worse and unbearable. We have to take action and do so now. We are down but surely the board have got to look at the fans? I’m sure many others don’t enjoy going to watch us at the moment but we do because we support and love this club.

Keith Hill, you may be the best manager we’ve ever had but now you’re done, your time has surely got to come to an end, your tactics and team selections are shocking. Your ego, your arrogance, it’s too much. Too many things have happened this season, directors, Dunphy, it’s not a coincidence.

Take action now.

Kitching scored today, incidentally, but I'm not sure he would've performed consistently well at L1 level. Maybe we'd have done a bit better if Rathbone hadn't been injured so much

From the BBC report:
But, with Sutton seemingly in complete command, mid-table Hartlepool pulled a goal back out of the blue in the 65th minute as Kitching's left-wing cross looped in.
Match Fred on 19:44 - Mar 2 with 2613 viewsjonahwhereru

The expectations were low today and when the team sheet came out they sunk lower. We were looking down the barrel of the biggest defeat of the season.

However KH surprised my by appearing to have a game plan and we got through an hour without conceding. Then within 5 minutes of going behind he changed it up. The decision on the Henderson substitution could not have been hard to make as posters have described him as being missing in recent games. As for not subbing Hamilton, were chasing a one nil deficit why would you take of the player who has had more shots and scored more goals than anyone since he arrived. Just a shame he could not see the game out without another booking but he will learn. Not many teams will end up with just -2 goal difference after two games against Luton this season. Pity against most of the other teams it will be minus 4 or worse.

The games against Shrewsbury and Gillingham will be huge now.
Match Fred on 19:58 - Mar 2 with 2564 viewsDanny1907

Match Fred on 19:30 - Mar 2 by D_Dale

Kitching scored today, incidentally, but I'm not sure he would've performed consistently well at L1 level. Maybe we'd have done a bit better if Rathbone hadn't been injured so much

From the BBC report:
But, with Sutton seemingly in complete command, mid-table Hartlepool pulled a goal back out of the blue in the 65th minute as Kitching's left-wing cross looped in.

Oh I’m not for one moment saying he’s league one standard but you knew he’d battle which is more than can be said for half of the squad right now. When Wimbledon and Bradford come here and put 4 past us, that says a lot. Yes Bradford were playing ok at the time but they’re where they are for a reason.

Hill won’t go, in a way I don’t blame him but if I was rubbish at my job for two years, I know where I’d be heading!
Match Fred on 20:25 - Mar 2 with 2478 viewsShun

Match Fred on 19:09 - Mar 2 by MoonyDale

And yet we are at our lowest point of the season, but as long as you're happy with it there's nothing to worry about.....We have won 1 in 11 this year so far....Them loanees have really made the difference, its becoming more obvious every week what the Barnsley fans were on about regarding Hill.....Deluded.

When have I said I’m happy with our league position? Obviously I’m not. My point was to highlight the absurdity of people lambasting Hill for bringing in a few loanees (I even saw someone claim they won’t even be trying in an earlier post) when most have been our best players since their arrival.

The constant sniping at every little aspect of the club is tiresome. For the most sensible post this place has seen in a long while look no further than D_Alien’s post from a few days ago. We’re in a relegation fight. They aren’t fun, they aren’t glorious, they’re pretty shit. But that doesn’t mean the club is falling to pieces as some on here would have you believe. This is no different to how any club in the country feels when they get relegated. This is a football club who will most likely be relegated, not the harbingers of the apocalypse.
Match Fred on 20:32 - Mar 2 with 2450 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

In defence of Keith.

So now we celebrate not getting beat by as many as we thought?

Cant wait for the 'Good morning Dale fans tweet' then just showing the two Luton goals!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Match Fred on 20:59 - Mar 2 with 2360 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match Fred on 20:32 - Mar 2 by SteTsGoldenBoot

So now we celebrate not getting beat by as many as we thought?

Cant wait for the 'Good morning Dale fans tweet' then just showing the two Luton goals!

A manager is employed to manage. All Keith has done for 2 years now Is blame everyone but himself, we sell 3 players and replace them with inadequate signings, we have a 3.8 million pound striker on loan, he has probably cost us around 50k a goal so far.

We will probably go down with a whimper, I blame hill, the board, the totally inadequate running of the club behind the scenes, the fact we employ people who are utterly incompetent.

My only hope now is that AK can have an influence and sort this sh1t out.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Match Fred on 21:10 - Mar 2 with 2331 viewsdalenumber2

In defence of Keith.

Just because he has won us two promotions from Div 2 doesn't mean he will do it again. If we go down with Hill I can easily see us languishing in the depths of that division next season, or mid table at best. However I don't just blame Hill, I blame those running the club even more. Something has gone wrong and the response should come from the top. Sort the club out please and stop giving us platitudes.
Match Fred on 21:33 - Mar 2 with 2237 viewsSuddenLad

Match Fred on 20:59 - Mar 2 by Thacks_Rabbits

A manager is employed to manage. All Keith has done for 2 years now Is blame everyone but himself, we sell 3 players and replace them with inadequate signings, we have a 3.8 million pound striker on loan, he has probably cost us around 50k a goal so far.

We will probably go down with a whimper, I blame hill, the board, the totally inadequate running of the club behind the scenes, the fact we employ people who are utterly incompetent.

My only hope now is that AK can have an influence and sort this sh1t out.

AK. The modern day Lord Lucan.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Fred on 21:37 - Mar 2 with 2222 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match Fred on 21:33 - Mar 2 by SuddenLad

AK. The modern day Lord Lucan.

Have no idea how involved he is bud but really hope he is ASAP

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match Fred on 23:35 - Mar 2 with 1983 viewsBigDaveMyCock

In defence of Keith.

“I’ll settle for a couple of spawny one-nils off the back of Calvin’s dome.”

When I read this I immediately thought of those Nissan workers who voted for Brexit.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match Fred on 09:40 - Mar 3 with 1611 viewsrochdale_ranger

In reference to your post finberty I think it was a miracle that we were in the bottom division for so long before Hill came. It’s a default position many are comfortable with us taking again.
Match Fred on 10:17 - Mar 3 with 1532 viewsbigness2017

We were totally out muscled by Luton especially Done & Henderson and poor defending from Dale as always.
Introduction of Andrew made a huge difference upfront and in defence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024